- the extent of a 2-dimensional surface enclosed within a boundary; "the area of a rectangle"; "it was about 500 square feet in area" (同)expanse, surface_area
- a part of a structure having some specific characteristic or function; "the spacious cooking area provided plenty of room for servants"
- a particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography); "it was a mountainous area"; "Bible country" (同)country
- a part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve; "in the abdominal region" (同)region
- a subject of study; "it was his area of specialization"; "areas of interest include..."
- let eat; "range the animals in the prairie"
- a place for shooting (firing or driving) projectiles of various kinds; "the army maintains a missile range in the desert"; "any good golf club will have a range where you can practice"
- a series of hills or mountains; "the valley was between two ranges of hills"; "the plains lay just beyond the mountain range" (同)mountain_range, range of mountains, chain, mountain_chain, chain of mountains
- the limits within which something can be effective; "range of motion"; "he was beyond the reach of their fire" (同)reach
- a large tract of grassy open land on which livestock can graze; "they used to drive the cattle across the open range every spring"; "he dreamed of a home on the range"
- a variety of different things or activities; "he answered a range of questions"; "he was impressed by the range and diversity of the collection"
- lay out orderly or logically in a line or as if in a line; "lay out the clothes"; "lay out the arguments" (同)array, lay_out, set out
- change or be different within limits; "Estimates for the losses in the earthquake range as high as $2 billion"; "Interest rates run from 5 to 10 percent"; "The instruments ranged from tuba to cymbals"; "My students range from very bright to dull" (同)run
- range or extend over; occupy a certain area; "The plants straddle the entire state" (同)straddle
- have a range; be capable of projecting over a certain distance, as of a gun; "This gun ranges over two miles"
- select (a team or individual player) for a game; "The Buckeyes fielded a young new quarterback for the Rose Bowl"
- the space around a radiating body within which its electromagnetic oscillations can exert force on another similar body not in contact with it (同)field of force, force_field
- a particular kind of commercial enterprise; "they are outstanding in their field" (同)field_of_operation, line of business
- a region in which active military operations are in progress; "the army was in the field awaiting action"; "he served in the Vietnam theater for three years" (同)field of operations, theater, theater of operations, theatre, theatre of operations
- the area that is visible (as through an optical instrument) (同)field of view
- (computer science) a set of one or more adjacent characters comprising a unit of information
- (mathematics) a set of elements such that addition and multiplication are commutative and associative and multiplication is distributive over addition and there are two elements 0 and 1; "the set of all rational numbers is a field"
- a geographic region (land or sea) under which something valuable is found; "the diamond fields of South Africa"
- a piece of land cleared of trees and usually enclosed; "he planted a field of wheat"
- all of the horses in a particular horse race
- all the competitors in a particular contest or sporting event
- somewhere (away from a studio or office or library or laboratory) where practical work is done or data is collected; "anthropologists do much of their work in the field"
- answer adequately or successfully; "The lawyer fielded all questions from the press"
- catch or pick up (balls) in baseball or cricket
- play as a fielder
- move forward or upward in order to touch; also in a metaphorical sense; "Government reaches out to the people" (同)reach_out
- the act of physically reaching or thrusting out (同)reaching, stretch
- to extend as far as; "The sunlight reached the wall"; "Can he reach?" "The chair must not touch the wall" (同)extend to, touch
- be in or establish communication with; "Our advertisements reach millions"; "He never contacted his children after he emigrated to Australia" (同)get_through, get hold of, contact
- reach a point in time, or a certain state or level; "The thermometer hit 100 degrees"; "This car can reach a speed of 140 miles per hour" (同)hit, attain
- reach a destination, either real or abstract; "We hit Detroit by noon"; "The water reached the doorstep"; "We barely made it to the finish line"; "I have to hit the MAC machine before the weekend starts" (同)make, attain, hit, arrive at, gain
- reach a goal, e.g., "make the first team"; "We made it!"; "She may not make the grade" (同)make, get_to, progress to
- relating to or applicable to or concerned with the administration of a city or town or district rather than a larger area; "local taxes"; "local authorities"
- public transport consisting of a bus or train that stops at all stations or stops; "the local seemed to take forever to get to New York"
- affecting only a restricted part or area of the body; "local anesthesia"
- of or belonging to or characteristic of a particular locality or neighborhood; "local customs"; "local schools"; "the local citizens"; "a local point of view"; "local outbreaks of flu"; "a local bus line"
- the approximate amount of something (usually used prepositionally as in `in the region of' (同)neighborhood
- the extended spatial location of something; "the farming regions of France"; "religions in all parts of the world"; "regions of outer space" (同)part
- a knowledge domain that you are interested in or are communicating about; "it was a limited realm of discourse"; "here we enter the region of opinion"; "the realm of the occult" (同)realm
- a large indefinite location on the surface of the Earth; "penguins inhabit the polar regions"
- an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control: "the range of a supersonic jet"; "a piano has a greater range than the human voice"; "the ambit of municipal legislation"; "within the compass of this article"; "within the scope of an investigation"; "outside the reach of the law"; "in the political orbit of a world power" (同)range, reach, orbit, compass, ambit
- an ancient seaport in northwestern Israel; an important Roman city in ancient Palestine
- a unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters (同)ar
- 〈U〉〈C〉『面積』 / 〈C〉『地域』,『地方』(region, district) / 〈C〉(活動・研究・興味などの及ぶ)『範囲』,『領域』(range)《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉《英》=areaway 1
- 〈U〉《時にa~》(価格・気温などの変動の)『幅』 / 〈U〉《時にa~》(知覚・知識などの)『範囲』,広がり / 〈U〉《時にa~》(銃砲・ミサイルなどの)着弾距離,射程 / 〈U〉《時a~》(航空機・船舶などの)航続距離 / 〈C〉(銃砲の)射撃場,(ミサイルナドの)試射場 / 〈C〉《米》放牧地域 / 〈C〉(山などの)列,連なり / 〈C〉(料理用の)レンジ / 〈U〉《しばしばa~》(動植物の)生息(分布)区域 / 《副詞句を伴って》(価格・気温などがある範囲内で)『変動する』,動く / (…を)さまよう,歩き回る,(…に)及ぶ《+『over』(『through』)+『名』》 / 一列(一直線)に延びている / (動植物が)分布している / 《副詞[句]を伴って》(ある状態に)…‘を'『並べて置く』,配列する,整列させる / …‘を'さまよう,歩き回る(受動態にできない) / 《米》〈家畜〉‘を'放牧地に入れる
- 〈C〉『野原』,[牧]草地;田;畑;《the fields》田野,田畑 / 〈C〉(雪・氷などの)原,広がり / 〈C〉(鉱物などの)産出地,埋蔵地 / 〈C〉『戦場』(battlefield);戦闘(battle) / 〈C〉(スポーツの)『競技場』;(陸上のトラックに対して)フィールド / 〈C〉(ある用途の)場,地面 / 〈C〉(研究・活動などの)『分野』,領域 / 《the~》現地 / 〈C〉(電気・磁気などの)場;(レンズの)視界 / 〈C〉(絵・旗などの)地,下地 / 《the~》《集合的に》(キツネ狩り・競技の)参加者;(競馬の)出走馬;(野球の)守備選手 / (野球・クリケットで)〈打球〉‘を'さばく / 〈選手〉‘を'出場させる,守備につける / (野球・クリケットで)野手をつとめる
- 《時間などの副詞[句]を伴って》〈場所・目的地〉‘に'『着く』,『到着する』;〈人,人の耳など〉‘に'『届く』 / 〈ある年齢・状態など〉‘に'『達する』,到達する / 〈手など〉‘を'『差し出す』,『伸ばす』《+『out』+『名』,+『名』+『out』》 / 〈物〉‘を'『手を伸ばして取る』,‘に'手を届かせる / (電話などで)…‘と'連絡する / 〈ある数量〉に達する~届く,及ぶ / 〈人の心〉を動かす / (…に)『手を伸ばす』《+『out to』(『toward』)+『名』》 / (物を)取ろうと手を伸ばす《+『for』+『名』》;(名声などを)手に入れようとする《+『for(after)』+『名』》 / 〈物事が〉(空間的・時間的に)(…)届く,達する《+『to』+『名』》 / 〈U〉《時にa~》(…に)『手を伸ばすこと』《+『for』+『名』》 / 〈U〉(手・声などの)届く範囲《+『fo』+『名』》 / 〈U〉(力・理解などの)及ぶ範囲 / 〈C〉(川の曲がり目の間の)直線流域
- 『一地方の』,ある土地の,(特に)自分の住んでいる土地の;地方に特有な / (全体からみて)『部分的な』,局部の,狭い部分の / 《米》各駅停車の / 《話》《しばしば複数形で》その土地に住んでいる人々 / 《米話》(新聞の)地方記事 / 《話》(各駅停車の)列車,電車,バス / 《米》(労働組合などの)支部
- (地理的な)『地域』,『地帯』;(特に広大な)地方 / 《複数形で》(宇宙などの)区分,界,属 / (身体の)部分 / (学問などの)分野,領域 / 《複数形で》(都会から離れた)地方
- (物事の及ぶ)『範囲』 / (人の理解・行動する)『能力の限界』,視野 / (表現・発達・活動する)機会,余地《+『for』+『名』》
- are (面積の単位)の変形
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Is lung function associated with bone mineral density? Results from the Hertfordshire Cohort Study.
- Dennison EM, Dhanwal DK, Shaheen SO, Azagra R, Reading I, Jameson KA, Sayer AA, Cooper C.SourceMRC Lifecourse Epidemiology Unit, Southampton General Hospital, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK.
- Archives of osteoporosis.Arch Osteoporos.2013 Dec;8(1-2):115. doi: 10.1007/s11657-012-0115-y. Epub 2013 Jan 15.
- Given limited information available regarding associations between lung function and bone mineral density among healthy subjects, we undertook these analyses in the Hertfordshire Cohort Study. Forced expiratory volume in 1 s (FEV(1)), forced vital capacity (FVC) and FEV(1)/FVC were not associated w
- PMID 23322029
- [Nanopathology as a new scientific disciplineMinireview].
- Dvořáčková J, Bielniková H, Mačák J.AbstractThe detection of metal particles in the pathologically altered tissues (eg. in inflammatory lesions or tumors) led to the idea that they might be associated with emergence of some idiopathic diseases. To understand the etiopathogenesis of diseases associated with the presence of nanoparticles in the tissue there is a new area of patology - nanopathology. Numerous studies have shown that nanoparticles can enter the human body through inhalation or ingestion. Through the pulmonary alveoli, skin and intestinal mucosa, the nanoparticles may reach the blood and lymphatic system, which subsequently distributes them to other target organs. Epithelial surfaces of conjunctiva and skin represent another potential way of penetration of nanoparticles into the body. There is a number of studies, which described the adverse effects of ultrafine particles on respiratory and cardiovascular system. Recent studies have also shown that some nanoparticles are able to pass through the pores of the nuclear membrane, where they may pose a risk of damage to cells and genetic information and they are also potentially capable to cross the placental and hematoencephalic barriers. Further, their role in the induction of oxidative stress is significant in relation to the mutagenesis. Scanning electron microscopy with energy disperse spectroscopy (SEM-EDS) represents a suitable tool for identification of metal-based particles in tissues and body fluids. Importance of nanopathogy can be seen in the elucidation of the etiopathogenesis of many diseases, not only of respiratory and cardiovascular systems, but also of many other organ systems. Keywords: nanoparticles - nanopathology - diseases of nanoparticles (nanopathologies) - ESEM-EDS.
- Ceskoslovenská patologie.Cesk Patol.2013 Dec;49(1):46-50.
- The detection of metal particles in the pathologically altered tissues (eg. in inflammatory lesions or tumors) led to the idea that they might be associated with emergence of some idiopathic diseases. To understand the etiopathogenesis of diseases associated with the presence of nanoparticles in the
- PMID 23432076
- M-health: supporting automated diagnosis and electonic health records.
- Alepis E, Lambrinidis C.SourceDepartment of Informatics, University of Piraeus, Piraeus, Greece.
- SpringerPlus.Springerplus.2013 Dec;2(1):103. Epub 2013 Mar 12.
- BACKGROUND: Mobile technology has become a part of our everyday life. Mobile services are used in a wide variety of scientific areas including healthcare. As an intersection of computer supported technology and medicine, m-health is expected to bring higher quality in healthcare. A remedy to deter p
- PMID 23556144
- Modelled air pollution levels versus EC air quality legislation - results from high resolution simulation.
- Chervenkov H.SourceNational Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology - branch Plovdiv, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
- SpringerPlus.Springerplus.2013 Dec;2(1):78. Epub 2013 Mar 5.
- An appropriate method for evaluating the air quality of a certain area is to contrast the actual air pollution levels to the critical ones, prescribed in the legislative standards. The application of numerical simulation models for assessing the real air quality status is allowed by the legislation
- PMID 23556142
- Consolidation of Non-Colloidal Spherical Particles at Low Particle Reynolds Numbers
- Galvin Kevin P.,Forghani Marveh,Doroodchi Elham,Iveson Simon M.
- KONA Powder and Particle Journal advpub(0), 2016
- … Hence this work is likely to motivate further work in this area, concerned with the dynamics of random consolidation of settling spheres. …
- NAID 130005087757
- The Effect of Fruit Bearing on Low-molecular-weight Metabolites in Stems of Satsuma Mandarin (Citrus unshiu Marc.)
- Nishikawa Fumie,Iwasaki Mitsunori,Fukamachi Hiroshi,Matsumoto Hikaru
- The Horticulture Journal advpub(0), 2016
- … Fruit weight per leaf area of these trees was significantly and negatively correlated with the expression of a flowering-related gene, citrus FLOWERING LOCUS T, in the stem in November and the number of flower buds the following spring. …
- NAID 130005083312
- 山田 多津人,水井 真治,大岩 恭平,尾崎 宏介
- 海上保安大学校研究報告, 理工学系 58(1・2), 15-23, 20150327-00-00
- … However,at the actual sea area,the quantitative effects with the radar reflector on the boat are not yet clear enough. …
- NAID 120005602049
- Aquatic adaptation and the evolution of smell and taste in whales
- Kishida Takushi,Thewissen JGM,Hayakawa Takashi,Imai Hiroo,Agata Kiyokazu
- Zoological Letters 1, 2015-12
- … We provide the whole-genome sequence of a mysticete and show that mysticetes lack the dorsal domain of the OB, an area known to induce innate avoidance behavior against odors of predators and spoiled foods. …
- NAID 120005555476
- 【15.08.28】 【Windows10対応状況】 弊社商品のWindows10への対応状況一覧表はこちらをご覧ください。（PDFが開きます） 【15.09.26】 【iPhone6S対応状況】 弊社商品のiPhone6Sへの対応状況一覧表はこちらをご覧 ...
- 進化した日本のインテリアスタイルを提案するAREAオリジナル家具をはじめ、デザイナーの描くフルオーダー壁面収納の製作、オーダー家具、インテリアコーディネート、空間デザインリフォームまで手がける、インテリアショップAREA ...
- Area/トップページ - Area(埼玉)のファッション通販サイト FACTOTUM LOUNGE LIZARD ATTACHMENT MARKAWARE TMT M 等々