- limit, block, or decrease the action or function of; "inhibit the action of the enzyme"; "inhibit the rate of a chemical reaction"
- control and refrain from showing; of emotions, desires, impulses, or behavior (同)bottle up, suppress
- limit the range or extent of; "Contact between the young was inhibited by strict social customs"
- a concavity in a surface produced by pressing; "he left the impression of his fingers in the soft mud" (同)impression, imprint
- a long-term economic state characterized by unemployment and low prices and low levels of trade and investment (同)slump, economic crisis
- a mental state characterized by a pessimistic sense of inadequacy and a despondent lack of activity
- angular distance below the horizon (especially of a celestial object)
- pushing down; "depression of the space bar on the typewriter"
- sad feelings of gloom and inadequacy
- (physiology) the process whereby nerves can retard or prevent the functioning of an organ or part; "the inhibition of the heart by the vagus nerve"
- (psychology) the conscious exclusion of unacceptable thoughts or desires (同)suppression
- the quality of being inhibited
- the failure to develop some part or organ
- forceful prevention; putting down by power or authority; "the suppression of heresy"; "the quelling of the rebellion"; "the stifling of all dissent" (同)crushing, quelling, stifling
- the act of withholding or withdrawing some book or writing from publication or circulation; "a suppression of the newspaper" (同)curtailment
- (psychiatry) the classical defense mechanism that protects you from impulses or ideas that would cause anxiety by preventing them from becoming conscious
- a state of forcible subjugation; "the long repression of Christian sects"
- the act of repressing; control by holding down; "his goal was the repression of insolence"
- a three-dimensional shape with six square or rectangular sides (同)cube
- (computer science) a sector or group of sectors that function as the smallest data unit permitted; "since blocks are often defined as a single sector, the terms `block and `sector are sometimes used interchangeably"
- support, secure, or raise with a block; "block a plate for printing"; "block the wheels of a car"
- a solid piece of something (usually having flat rectangular sides); "the pyramids were built with large stone blocks"
- housing in a large building that is divided into separate units; "there is a block of classrooms in the west wing"
- a rectangular area in a city surrounded by streets and usually containing several buildings; "he lives in the next block" (同)city block
- an inability to remember or think of something you normally can do; often caused by emotional tension; "I knew his name perfectly well but I had a temporary block" (同)mental_block
- a number or quantity of related things dealt with as a unit; "he reserved a large block of seats"; "he held a large block of the companys stock"
- interrupt the normal function of by means of anesthesia; "block a nerve"; "block a muscle"
- run on a block system; "block trains"
- shape by using a block; "Block a hat"; "block a garment"
- shape into a block or blocks; "block the graphs so one can see the results clearly"
- stamp or emboss a title or design on a book with a block; "block the book cover"
- keep under control; keep in check; "suppress a smile"; "Keep your temper"; "keep your cool" (同)keep, keep back, hold back
- to close within bounds, limit or hold back from movement; "This holds the local until the express passengers change trains"; "About a dozen animals were held inside the stockade"; "The illegal immigrants were held at a detention center"; "The terrorists held the journalists for ransom" (同)confine, hold
- hold back (同)encumber, cumber, constrain
- a device that retards somethings motion; "the car did not have proper restraints fitted" (同)constraint
- discipline in personal and social activities; "he was a model of polite restraint"; "she never lost control of herself" (同)control
- the act of controlling by restraining someone or something; "the unlawful restraint of trade"
- a rule or condition that limits freedom; "legal restraints"; "restraints imposed on imports"
- stop (someone or something) from doing something or being in a certain state; "We must prevent the cancer from spreading"; "His snoring kept me from falling asleep"; "Keep the child from eating the marbles" (同)keep
- keep from happening or arising; make impossible; "My sense of tact forbids an honest answer"; "Your role in the projects precludes your involvement in the competitive project" (同)forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- lower (prices or markets); "The glut of oil depressed gas prices"
- lessen the activity or force of; "The rising inflation depressed the economy"
- lower someones spirits; make downhearted; "These news depressed her"; "The bad state of her childs health demoralizes her" (同)deject, cast down, get_down, dismay, dispirit, demoralize, demoralise
- held back or restrained or prevented; "in certain conditions previously inhibited conditioned reactions can reappear"
- 〈感情・欲望・行動・作用など〉‘を'抑制する / (…しないように)〈人〉‘を'抑制する,妨げる《+『名』+『from』+『名』(do『ing』)》
- 〈C〉『くぼ地』,くぼみ / 〈U〉〈C〉『意気消沈』,憂うつ;うつ病 / 〈C〉『不景気』,不況 / 〈U〉押し下げること,降下,低下
- 禁止; 抑制; （心理学で）抑制; （化学で）（反応の）阻害, 抑制
- 鎮圧すること,抑圧された状態 / (意識の)抑圧
- (木・石などの,通例平らな面のある)『かたまり』 / 《米》(四団を街路に囲まれた)『区画』,街区 / 街区の1辺の距離(一般に40メートル前後) / 《英》ブロック(アパート・事務所・商店などに区切られている大きな建物) / 『妨害物』,障害物(obstacle);(障害によって生じた)停滞,渋滞 / 台木,台(まないた・肉切り台・まき割り台・せり売り台・帽子の木型など);《the~》炭頭台 / (特にアメリカンフットボールで)ブロック(相手の選手の突進を阻止する) / 滑車(pulley) / (座席券・株券などの)一組《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈通路など〉'を'『ふさぐ』,〈通行・進行など〉'を'妨げる / 〈帽子など〉の型取りをする / (特にアメリカンフットボールで)〈相手選手の突進〉'を'ブロックする;(ボクシングで)〈相手のパンチ〉'を'ブロックする
- 〈感情・行動など〉‘を'『抑える』,『抑制する』 / (…しないように)〈人〉‘に'『がまんさせる』,‘を'こらえさせる《+『名』〈人〉+『from』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / (逮捕・監禁などによって)〈人〉‘の'自由を奪う,‘を'拘束する
- 〈U〉『抑制』(『拘束』,『束縛』)『すること』 / 〈U〉束縛された状態,監禁(confinement) / 〈C〉抑制(拘束,束縛)するもの / 〈U〉(行為・感情などの)自制,慎み,遠慮(reserve)
- 〈物事〉‘が'『起こらないようにする』,予防する,防ぐ,妨げる / 〈物事が〉〈人〉‘の'邪魔をする,妨げる
- …‘の'『元気をなくさせる』,‘を'落胆させる / 〈力・活動など〉‘を'弱める,衰えさせる / …‘を'押し下げる,下へ押す / 〈相場・市場など〉‘を'下落させる,不景気にする
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Endophthalmitis following intravitreal injection of anti-VEGF agents: long-term outcomes and the identification of unusual micro-organisms.
- Sachdeva MM1, Moshiri A2, Leder HA3, Scott AW4.
- Journal of ophthalmic inflammation and infection.J Ophthalmic Inflamm Infect.2016 Dec;6(1):2. doi: 10.1186/s12348-015-0069-5. Epub 2016 Jan 12.
- BACKGROUND: While the development of targeted molecular therapy to inhibit vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) has revolutionized the treatment and visual prognosis of highly prevalent retinal diseases such as diabetic retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration, each intravitreal injecti
- PMID 26758203
- Post-harvest proteomics of grapes infected by Penicillium during withering to produce Amarone wine.
- Lorenzini M1, Mainente F1, Zapparoli G1, Cecconi D1, Simonato B2.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2016 May 15;199:639-47. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2015.12.032. Epub 2015 Dec 8.
- The study of withered grape infection by Penicillium, a potentially toxigenic fungus, is relevant to preserve grape quality during the post-harvest dehydration process. This report describes the first proteomic analysis of Amarone wine grapes, infected by two strains of Penicillium expansum (Pe1) an
- PMID 26776019
- Attenuation of Oxidative Damage by Boerhaavia diffusa L. Against Different Neurotoxic Agents in Rat Brain Homogenate.
- Ayyappan P1, Palayyan SR1, Kozhiparambil Gopalan R1.
- Journal of dietary supplements.J Diet Suppl.2016 May 3;13(3):300-12. doi: 10.3109/19390211.2015.1036186. Epub 2015 Aug 13.
- Due to a high rate of oxidative metabolic activity in the brain, intense production of reactive oxygen metabolite occurs, and the subsequent generation of free radicals is implicated in the pathogenesis of traumatic brain injury, epilepsy, and ischemia as well as chronic neurodegenerative diseases.
- PMID 26268727
- The IP3 R Binding Protein Released With Inositol 1,4,5-Trisphosphate Is Expressed in Rodent Reproductive Tissue and Spermatozoa.
- Borth H1, Weber N1, Meyer D1, Wartenberg A1, Arlt E1, Zierler S1, Breit A1, Wennemuth G2, Gudermann T1, Boekhoff I1.
- Journal of cellular physiology.J Cell Physiol.2016 May;231(5):1114-29. doi: 10.1002/jcp.25209. Epub 2015 Nov 16.
- Besides its capacity to inhibit the 1,4,5-trisphosphate (IP3 ) receptor, the regulatory protein IRBIT (IP3 receptor binding protein released with IP3 ) is also able to control the activity of numerous ion channels and electrolyte transporters and thereby creates an optimal electrolyte composition of
- PMID 26439876
- ARTIFICIAL BEACHROCK FORMATION THROUGH SAND SOLIDIFICATION TOWARDS THE INHIBIT OF COASTAL EROSION IN BANGLADESH
- Khan Md. Nakibul Hasan,Danjo Takashi,Kawasaki Satoru
- International journal of GEOMATE : geotechnique, construction materials and environment 9(1・2), 1528-1533, 2015-09
- NAID 40020537620
- Cardiac regenerative potential of cardiosphere-derived cells from adult dog hearts
- Hensley Michael Taylor,de Andrade James,Keene Bruce,Meurs Kathryn,Tang Junnan,Wang Zegen,Caranasos Thomas G.,Piedrahita Jorge,Li Tao-Sheng,Cheng Ke
- Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine 19(8), 1805-1813, 2015-08
- … In addition, conditioned media from canine CDCs promote angiogenesis but inhibit cardiomyocyte death. …
- NAID 120005627357
- A case of sagittal splitting ramus osteotomy and genioplasty in a patient with congenital factor VII deficiency
- Rokutanda Satoshi,Yoshida Masashi,Kuroe Kazuto,Yanamoto Souichi,Yamada Shin-ichi,Kawano Toshihiro,Naruse Tomofumi,Obama Kosuke,Umeda Masahiro
- Acta medica Nagasakiensia 60(1), 21-24, 2015-07
- … Blood tests detected very low coagulation factor VII activity (33%), and so the patient was diagnosed with factor VII deficiency.We conducted preoperative factor VII replacement therapy to inhibit bleeding, and then the abovementioned surgical procedure was performed safely. …
- NAID 120005627332
- inhibit 【他動】 〔～の成長や発達などを〕抑止[抑制]する 化学や生物学など... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- Learn More About INHIBIT Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for "inhibit" Spanish Central: Spanish translation of "inhibit" SCRABBLE ®: Playable words you can make from "inhibit" Nglish: Translation of "inhibit" for Spanish ...
- inhibitとは。意味や和訳。[動](他)1 〈行動・衝動などを〉制する，抑制する，妨げる，〈人に〉（…を）させないようにする((from ...))inhibit the functioning of the brain頭の働きを妨げるinhibit a person from taking such a step人がそのような ...
- abrogate, circumscription, commitment, confine, confinement, depress, depression, immobilization, imprison, inhibit, inhibition, limit, limitation, qualify, restraint, restrict, restriction, suppress, suppression
- blockade、blockage、deter、inhibit、inhibition、lump、prevent、prevention、repress、repression、seal、turn off