- a device that retards somethings motion; "the car did not have proper restraints fitted" (同)constraint
- discipline in personal and social activities; "he was a model of polite restraint"; "she never lost control of herself" (同)control
- the act of controlling by restraining someone or something; "the unlawful restraint of trade"
- a rule or condition that limits freedom; "legal restraints"; "restraints imposed on imports"
- restrict or confine, "I limit you to two visits to the pub a day" (同)circumscribe, confine
- the mathematical value toward which a function goes as the independent variable approaches infinity (同)limit_point, point of accumulation
- the greatest amount of something that is possible or allowed; "there are limits on the amount you can bet"; "it is growing rapidly with no limitation in sight" (同)limitation
- the greatest possible degree of something; "what he did was beyond the bounds of acceptable behavior"; "to the limit of his ability" (同)bound, boundary
- the boundary of a specific area (同)demarcation, demarcation line
- as far as something can go
- pronounce fit or able; "She was qualified to run the marathon"; "They nurses were qualified to administer the injections"
- make fit or prepared; "Your education qualifies you for this job" (同)dispose
- make more specific; "qualify these remarks" (同)restrict
- describe or portray the character or the qualities or peculiarities of; "You can characterize his behavior as that of an egotist"; "This poem can be characterized as a lament for a dead lover" (同)characterize, characterise
- prove capable or fit; meet requirements (同)measure up
- the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action; "his long commitment to public service"; "they felt no loyalty to a losing team" (同)allegiance, loyalty, dedication
- the official act of consigning a person to confinement (as in a prison or mental hospital) (同)committal, consignment
- an engagement by contract involving financial obligation; "his business commitments took him to London"
- a message that makes a pledge (同)dedication
- lower (prices or markets); "The glut of oil depressed gas prices"
- lessen the activity or force of; "The rising inflation depressed the economy"
- lower someones spirits; make downhearted; "These news depressed her"; "The bad state of her childs health demoralizes her" (同)deject, cast down, get_down, dismay, dispirit, demoralize, demoralise
- limit, block, or decrease the action or function of; "inhibit the action of the enzyme"; "inhibit the rate of a chemical reaction"
- control and refrain from showing; of emotions, desires, impulses, or behavior (同)bottle up, suppress
- limit the range or extent of; "Contact between the young was inhibited by strict social customs"
- keep under control; keep in check; "suppress a smile"; "Keep your temper"; "keep your cool" (同)keep, keep back, hold back
- to close within bounds, limit or hold back from movement; "This holds the local until the express passengers change trains"; "About a dozen animals were held inside the stockade"; "The illegal immigrants were held at a detention center"; "The terrorists held the journalists for ransom" (同)confine, hold
- hold back (同)encumber, cumber, constrain
- 〈U〉『抑制』(『拘束』,『束縛』)『すること』 / 〈U〉束縛された状態,監禁(confinement) / 〈C〉抑制(拘束,束縛)するもの / 〈U〉(行為・感情などの)自制,慎み,遠慮(reserve)
- (空間・行為などの)『限界』,《+『of』+『名』》 / 《しばしば複数形で;単数扱い》『境界』,境界線範囲,区域 / (数量などの)許容量,制限 / 適度に / …‘を'『制限する』
- 〈才能・技術などが〉〈人〉‘に'『資格を与える』 / (…で)‘を'緩和する,適度にする《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / 〈人〉‘を'(…と)称する《+『名』〈人〉+『as』+『名』》 / (文法で)…‘を'修飾する(modify) / 『資格を得る』,検定を取る / (スポーツで)予選を通過する《+『in』+『名』》
- 〈U〉委託,委任 / 〈U〉〈C〉(刑務所などへの)抱留,(病院などへの)収容《+『to』+『名』》 / 〈U〉〈C〉(…への…する)公約,約束《+『to』+『名』+『to』do》 / 〈C〉(…への)かかわり合い;専心,傾倒《+『to』+『名』》
- …‘の'『元気をなくさせる』,‘を'落胆させる / 〈力・活動など〉‘を'弱める,衰えさせる / …‘を'押し下げる,下へ押す / 〈相場・市場など〉‘を'下落させる,不景気にする
- 〈感情・欲望・行動・作用など〉‘を'抑制する / (…しないように)〈人〉‘を'抑制する,妨げる《+『名』+『from』+『名』(do『ing』)》
- 〈感情・行動など〉‘を'『抑える』,『抑制する』 / (…しないように)〈人〉‘に'『がまんさせる』,‘を'こらえさせる《+『名』〈人〉+『from』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / (逮捕・監禁などによって)〈人〉‘の'自由を奪う,‘を'拘束する
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Acute restraint stress and corticosterone transiently disrupts novelty preference in an object recognition task.
- Vargas-López V1, Torres-Berrio A2, González-Martínez L2, Múnera A1, Lamprea MR3.
- Behavioural brain research.Behav Brain Res.2015 Sep 15;291:60-6. doi: 10.1016/j.bbr.2015.05.006. Epub 2015 May 16.
- The object recognition task is a procedure based on rodents' natural tendency to explore novel objects which is frequently used for memory testing. However, in some instances novelty preference is replaced by familiarity preference, raising questions regarding the validity of novelty preference as a
- PMID 25986403
- The effects of pre-slaughter restraint (for the purpose of cattle identification) on post-slaughter responses and carcass quality following the electrical stun/killing of cattle in a Jarvis Beef stunner.
- Mpamhanga CJ1, Wotton SB2.
- Meat science.Meat Sci.2015 Sep;107:104-8. doi: 10.1016/j.meatsci.2015.04.012. Epub 2015 Apr 23.
- This study compared normal post-Jarvis stun/kill responses and carcass quality with those occurring when crush restraint was not used during pre-slaughter. The carcasses of 1065 cattle slaughtered during one week at a commercial abattoir were evaluated for quality. The post-stun/kill responses of 78
- PMID 26002177
- Social consequences of ethanol: Impact of age, stress, and prior history of ethanol exposure.
- Varlinskaya EI1, Spear LP2.
- Physiology & behavior.Physiol Behav.2015 Sep 1;148:145-50. doi: 10.1016/j.physbeh.2014.11.062. Epub 2014 Nov 26.
- The adolescent period is associated with high significance of interactions with peers, high frequency of stressful situations, and high rates of alcohol use. At least two desired effects of alcohol that may contribute to heavy and problematic drinking during adolescence are its abilities to both fac
- PMID 25431835
- Depressed affect and dietary restraint in adolescent boys' and girls' eating in the absence of hunger.
- Kelly NR1, Shomaker LB2, Pickworth CK3, Grygorenko MV3, Radin RM4, Vannucci A4, Shank LM4, Brady SM3, Courville AB5, Tanofsky-Kraff M4, Yanovski JA3.
- Appetite.Appetite.2015 Aug 1;91:343-50. doi: 10.1016/j.appet.2015.04.072. Epub 2015 Apr 29.
- Data suggest that depressed affect and dietary restraint are related to disinhibited eating patterns in children and adults. Yet, experimental research has not determined to what extent depressed affect acutely affects eating in the absence of physiological hunger (EAH) in adolescents. In the curren
- PMID 25936291
- 電動車両の2軸CHDY上での"燃費"試験 : 車両固定方法と試験の繰り返し精度 (特集 進化する環境対応車の計測技術)
- The protective effect of apelin against water-immersion and restraint stress-induced gastric damage
- Izgut-Uysal V. Nimet,Gemici Burcu,Birsen Ilknur [他]
- The journal of physiological sciences 64(4), 279-289, 2014-07
- NAID 40020109449
- 中井 教雄
- 東北学院大学経営学論集 = Tohoku Gakuin business review 5, 1-14, 2014-06
- NAID 40020141512
- restraintとは。意味や和訳。[名]1 [U]自制, 慎み, 忍耐（力）；（表現上の）節度, 控え目show restraint我慢するthrow off all restraint遠慮をかなぐり捨てる.2 [U][C]((しばしば〜s))（…への）制限, 規制, 歯止め；抑制（力）((on ...))wa ...
- Restraint. 1,215 likes · 10 talking about this. A blend of aggressive guitar riffs, driving bass, relentless drums, and passionate/emotional lyrics and vocals make for an original sound that has helped us open for the likes of Taproot ...
- abrogate, circumscription, commitment, confine, confinement, depress, depression, immobilization, imprison, inhibit, inhibition, limit, limitation, qualify, restraint, restrict, restriction, suppress, suppression