- confine as if in a prison; "His daughters are virtually imprisoned in their own house; he does not let them go out without a chaperone"
- lock up or confine, in or as in a jail; "The suspects were imprisoned without trial"; "the murderer was incarcerated for the rest of his life" (同)incarcerate, lag, immure, put behind bars, jail, jug, gaol, put_away, remand
- prevent from leaving or from being removed
- deprive of freedom; take into confinement (同)detain
- fixation (as by a plaster cast) of a body part in order to promote proper healing; "immobilization of the injured knee was necessary" (同)immobilisation
- the act of limiting movement or making incapable of movement; "the storm caused complete immobilization of the rescue team" (同)immobilisation, immobilizing
- keep under control; keep in check; "suppress a smile"; "Keep your temper"; "keep your cool" (同)keep, keep back, hold back
- to close within bounds, limit or hold back from movement; "This holds the local until the express passengers change trains"; "About a dozen animals were held inside the stockade"; "The illegal immigrants were held at a detention center"; "The terrorists held the journalists for ransom" (同)confine, hold
- hold back (同)encumber, cumber, constrain
- a device that retards somethings motion; "the car did not have proper restraints fitted" (同)constraint
- discipline in personal and social activities; "he was a model of polite restraint"; "she never lost control of herself" (同)control
- the act of controlling by restraining someone or something; "the unlawful restraint of trade"
- a rule or condition that limits freedom; "legal restraints"; "restraints imposed on imports"
- the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action; "his long commitment to public service"; "they felt no loyalty to a losing team" (同)allegiance, loyalty, dedication
- the official act of consigning a person to confinement (as in a prison or mental hospital) (同)committal, consignment
- an engagement by contract involving financial obligation; "his business commitments took him to London"
- a message that makes a pledge (同)dedication
- the state of being confined; "he was held in confinement"
- the act of restraining of a persons liberty by confining them
- the act of confining someone in a prison (or as if in a prison) (同)internment
- putting someone in prison or in jail as lawful punishment
- (law) confinement without legal authority
- a sentence of imprisonment until death
- (ある範囲に)…'を'『制限する』,限る(limit)《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / (…に)〈人など〉'を'『閉じ込める』,監禁する《+『名』+『in』(『to』)+『名』》 / 《通例受動熊で》〈女性〉'を'お産の床につかせる / 境界,範囲,限界
- 〈感情・行動など〉‘を'『抑える』,『抑制する』 / (…しないように)〈人〉‘に'『がまんさせる』,‘を'こらえさせる《+『名』〈人〉+『from』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / (逮捕・監禁などによって)〈人〉‘の'自由を奪う,‘を'拘束する
- 〈U〉『抑制』(『拘束』,『束縛』)『すること』 / 〈U〉束縛された状態,監禁(confinement) / 〈C〉抑制(拘束,束縛)するもの / 〈U〉(行為・感情などの)自制,慎み,遠慮(reserve)
- 〈U〉委託,委任 / 〈U〉〈C〉(刑務所などへの)抱留,(病院などへの)収容《+『to』+『名』》 / 〈U〉〈C〉(…への…する)公約,約束《+『to』+『名』+『to』do》 / 〈C〉(…への)かかわり合い;専心,傾倒《+『to』+『名』》
- 〈U〉(…への)制限;(…への)閉じ込め,監禁;病臥(びょうが)《+『to』+『名』》 / (また『lying-in』)〈C〉〈U〉お産のために床につくこと
- [Emergence of early childhood trauma in adult psychiatric symptomatology].
- Bouras G1, Lazaratou E.
- Psychiatrikē = Psychiatriki.Psychiatriki.2012 Jun;23 Suppl 1:39-48.
- Trauma comes as a result of the subject's exposure to extremely negative and stressful events, such as natural or human-provoked catastrophes, wars, serious injuries, violent deaths, tortures, terrorist attacks, rapes and other sexual crimes. A child's exposure to traumatic circumstances of this lev
- PMID 22796972
- Collaborative relationships and dialogic conversations: ideas for a relationally responsive practice.
- Anderson H1.
- Family process.Fam Process.2012 Mar;51(1):8-24. doi: 10.1111/j.1545-5300.2012.01385.x.
- The author presents a set of philosophical assumptions that provide a different language for thinking about and responding to the persistent questions: "How can our therapy practices have relevance for people's everyday lives in our fast changing world, what is this relevance, and who determines it
- PMID 22428708
- Registered criminality and sanctioning of schizophrenia patients.
- Munkner R1, Haastrup S, Joergensen T, Kramp P.
- Nordic journal of psychiatry.Nord J Psychiatry.2009 Nov;63(6):485-92. doi: 10.3109/08039480903118174.
- BACKGROUND: Patients with schizophrenia have been shown to have an increased risk of criminality, especially violent crimes.AIMS: The aim of the current study was to describe the pattern of crimes committed by Danish patients with schizophrenia and examine the sanctions given for crimes in relation
- PMID 19688634
- Kindness, not compassion, in healthcare.
- Faust HS.
- Cambridge quarterly of healthcare ethics : CQ : the international journal of healthcare ethics committees.Camb Q Healthc Ethics.2009 Summer;18(3):287-99. doi: 10.1017/S0963180109090458.
- "Dissecting Bioethics," edited by Tuija Takala and Matti Häyry, welcomes contributions on the conceptual and theoretical dimensions of bioethics.The section is dedicated to the idea that words defined by bioethicists and others should not be allowed to imprison people's actual concerns, emotions, a
- PMID 19460231
- 名古屋学芸大学短期大学部研究紀要 = The research bulletin of Nagoya University of Arts and Sciences Junior College (8), 34-42, 2011-03
- NAID 120005289193
- 誰がフセイン大統領を逮捕してよいのか : 国際刑事法の目的による検証
- imprisonとは。意味や和訳。[動](他)〈人を〉刑務所にいれる，投獄[拘留，監禁]する；((比喩))閉じ込める，拘束するimprison the tongue舌を封じる.im・pris・on・er[名] - goo英和辞書は14万項目以上を収録し、発音、音声、慣用句、例文 ...
- Elsewhere, she tells her inamorata, “It does not matter if you elude my arms/my dear, when thought alone can imprison you.” ... You began to imprison your nobles, in order to fill your rooms with their wives and daughters, but of this ...
- The picture used in this article is unsatisfactory. Reason: Should be replaced with Generation VI images Please feel free to replace it so it conforms to ... Effect Generations III and IV Imprison prevents all opponents from using any ...
- abrogate, circumscription, commitment, confine, confinement, depress, depression, immobilization, imprison, inhibit, inhibition, limit, limitation, qualify, restraint, restrict, restriction, suppress, suppression