- a condition that accompanies or influences some event or activity
- information that should be kept in mind when making a decision; "another consideration is the time it would take" (同)condition, consideration
- formal ceremony about important occasions; "pomp and circumstance"
- look over, usually with the intention to rob; "They men cased the housed"
- the quantity contained in a case (同)caseful
- a specific state of mind that is temporary; "a case of the jitters"
- (printing) the receptacle in which a compositor has his type, which is divided into compartments for the different letters, spaces, or numbers; "for English, a compositor will ordinarily have two such cases, the upper case containing the capitals and the lower case containing the small letters" (同)compositor''s case, typesetter''s case
- a glass container used to store and display items in a shop or museum or home (同)display case, showcase, vitrine
- bed linen consisting of a cover for a pillow; "the burglar carried his loot in a pillowcase" (同)pillowcase, slip, pillow slip
- a portable container for carrying several objects; "the musicians left their instrument cases backstage"
- nouns or pronouns or adjectives (often marked by inflection) related in some way to other words in a sentence (同)grammatical case
- an occurrence of something; "it was a case of bad judgment"; "another instance occurred yesterday"; "but there is always the famous example of the Smiths" (同)instance, example
- a person requiring professional services; "a typical case was the suburban housewife described by a marriage counselor"
- a problem requiring investigation; "Perry Mason solved the case of the missing heir"
- a statement of facts and reasons used to support an argument; "he stated his case clearly"
- the actual state of things; "that was not the case"
- establish a conditioned response
- the state of (good) health (especially in the phrases `in condition or `in shape or `out of condition or `out of shape' (同)shape
- a state at a particular time; "a condition (or state) of disrepair"; "the current status of the arms negotiations" (同)status
- a mode of being or form of existence of a person or thing; "the human condition"
- an illness, disease, or other medical problem; "a heart condition"; "a skin condition"
- apply conditioner to in order to make smooth and shiny; "I condition my hair after washing it"
- put into a better state; "he conditions old cars"
- the procedure that is varied in order to estimate a variables effect by comparison with a control condition (同)experimental_condition
- an assumption on which rests the validity or effect of something else (同)precondition, stipulation
- (usually plural) a statement of what is required as part of an agreement; "the contract set out the conditions of the lease"; "the terms of the treaty were generous" (同)term
- express in words; "He said that he wanted to marry her"; "tell me what is bothering you"; "state your opinion"; "state your name" (同)say, tell
- a state of depression or agitation; "he was in such a state you just couldnt reason with him"
- the way something is with respect to its main attributes; "the current state of knowledge"; "his state of health"; "in a weak financial state"
- a politically organized body of people under a single government; "the state has elected a new president"; "African nations"; "students who had come to the nations capitol"; "the countrys largest manufacturer"; "an industrialized land" (同)nation, country, land, commonwealth, res publica, body_politic
- the territory occupied by one of the constituent administrative districts of a nation; "his state is in the deep south" (同)province
- the group of people comprising the government of a sovereign state; "the state has lowered its income tax"
- a condition or position in which you find yourself; "the unpleasant situation (or position) of having to choose between two evils"; "found herself in a very fortunate situation" (同)position
- the general state of things; the combination of circumstances at a given time; "the present international situation is dangerous"; "wondered how such a state of affairs had come about"; "eternal truths will be neither true nor eternal unless they have fresh meaning for every new social situation"- Franklin D.Roosevelt (同)state of affairs
- a complex or critical or unusual difficulty; "the dangerous situation developed suddenly"; "thats quite a situation"; "no human situation is simple"
- a special set of circumstances; "in that event, the first possibility is excluded"; "it may rain in which case the picnic will be canceled" (同)case
- a phenomenon located at a single point in space-time; the fundamental observational entity in relativity theory
- something that happens at a given place and time
- (law) a circumstance that does not exonerate a person but which reduces the penalty associated with the offense
- because of prevailing conditions; "under the circumstances I cannot buy the house"
- a persons financial situation (good or bad); "he found himself in straitened circumstances"
- 〈C〉《複数形で》(人や行動に影響を及ぼす)『情況』,『環境』,周囲の事情;条件 / 〈C〉(特定の)事情,(事の)次第,でき事 / 〈C〉《複数形で》『経済状態』,暮らし向き,境遇 / 〈U〉ものものしさ,抑々しさ / 〈U〉(特に一部始終を)詳細に述べること
- 〈C〉(…の)『実例』,事例《+『of』+『名』》 / 《the case》『実情』,真相 / 〈C〉〈U〉『場合』,情況,事情,立場 / 〈C〉(…の)(決定すべき)問題,重大事《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉『訴訟』[『事件』],裁判 / 〈C〉(正当な)論拠,弁護;(被告または原告の)主張,申し立て / 〈C〉病状,容態;(症状から見た)患者 / 〈C〉〈U〉格(名詞・代名詞の語形変化)
- (運搬・保管用のいろいろな)『箱』,ケース / (各種の)『容器』,筒,さや,袋,おおい / (標本・陳列用の)ガラス箱,戸だな / (戸・窓などの)わく / 活字箱 / …'を'箱(袋,さやなど)に入れる《+『名』+『up,』+『名』+『up』》
- 〈U〉(事物の)『状態』;(人の)健康状態 / 〈C〉《通例複数形で》(周囲の)『状況』,事情,形勢 / 〈C〉(…の)条件,必要条件《+『of』(『for』)+『名』》;(条件を示す)条項 / 〈C〉(社会的)地位,身分,境遇 / 〈C〉(慢性の)病気,症状 / (…に備えて)〈体など〉'を'『適当な状態にする』,‘の'調子を整える《+『名』+『for』+『名』》 / 〈物事が〉…‘の'条件となる,…を左右する,決定する / 〈人・動物など〉'を'慣らす,適応させる
- 〈C〉(人・物事の)『状態』,ありさま,様子 / 〈C〉《a ~》《話》極度の緊張状態,異常な精神状態 / 〈U〉地位,階級,身分 / 〈C〉〈U〉《しばしばS-》『国家』,国,政府 / 〈C〉《時にS-》(アメリカ・オーストラリアなどの)『州』 / 《the States》《話》『米国』 / 〈U〉威厳;公式;堂々とした様子 / 国家の,国事に関する / 《しばしばS-》《米》州の,州立の / 公式の,儀式用の
- …‘を'『はっきり述べる』,公式に申し立てる / 〈当局が〉…‘を'指定する,決める
- (人の)『立場』,状態,境遇 / (事の)『事態』,形勢,情況 / 『位置』,環境 / 《文》就職口,勤め口
- (特に重要な)『でき事』,事件;行事 / (スポーツの)『種目』;勝負,試合 / 《文》成り行き,結果
||Look up circumstance in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Circumstance or Circumstances may refer to:
- Aggravating circumstance
- Attendant circumstance, a legal concept which Black's Law Dictionary defines as the "facts surrounding an event."
- Exigent circumstance
- Extenuating circumstances
- Circumstance (2011 film), a 2011 dramatic film written and directed by Maryam Keshavarz
- Circumstance (1922 film), a 1922 Australian silent film directed by Lawson Harris
- Circumstances (rhetoric)
- "Circumstance" (short story), an allegorical short story by Harriet Elizabeth Prescott Spofford
- Special Circumstances, a 'secret service'-type organisation in works by Iain M. Banks
- Pomp and Circumstance Marches, a series of marches for orchestra composed by Sir Edward Elgar
- Communities of Circumstance
- "Circumstances" (song), a 1978 song by the Canadian band Rush
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Epidemiology of children with acquired immune deficiency syndrome (stage 3): A referral hospital-based study in Iran.
- Movahedi Z1, Mahmoudi S2, Pourakbari B2, Keshavarz Valian N3, Sabouni F4, Ramezani A5, Bahador A6, Mamishi S2,4.
- Journal of medical virology.J Med Virol.2016 Jan;88(1):64-8. doi: 10.1002/jmv.24294.
- Lack of recognition of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection especially in children and delayed implementation of effective control programs makes HIV infection as a major cause for concern. Information on HIV epidemiology in Iran as well as other Islamic countries is limited. The aim of our
- PMID 26512710
- The association between contact and ID literacy, causal attributions and stigma.
- Blundell R1, Das R2, Potts H3, Scior K4.
- Journal of intellectual disability research : JIDR.J Intellect Disabil Res.2015 Dec 2. doi: 10.1111/jir.12241. [Epub ahead of print]
- BACKGROUND: Contact is seen as a key route to tackling stigma and discrimination. Contact theory states that the quality and type of contact, as well as circumstance of the contact experience, influence the effect of contact on prejudice. The majority of research in intellectual disabilities though
- PMID 26628322
- Terminal modification of polymeric micelles with π-conjugated moieties for efficient anticancer drug delivery.
- Liang Y1, Deng X1, Zhang L1, Peng X1, Gao W1, Cao J2, Gu Z1, He B3.
- Biomaterials.Biomaterials.2015 Dec;71:1-10. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2015.08.032. Epub 2015 Aug 19.
- High drug loading content is the critical factor to polymeric micelles for efficient chemotherapy. Small molecules of cinnamic acid, 7-carboxymethoxy coumarin and chrysin with different π-conjugated moieties were immobilized on the terminal hydroxyl groups of PCL segments in mPEG-PCL micelles to im
- PMID 26310358
- Sweat test practice in pediatric pulmonology after introduction of cystic fibrosis newborn screening.
- Grimaldi C1, Brémont F2, Berlioz-Baudoin M3, Brouard J4, Corvol H5, Couderc L6, Lezmi G7, Pin I8, Petit I9, Reix P10, Remus N11, Schweitzer C12, Thumerelle C13, Dubus JC14.
- European journal of pediatrics.Eur J Pediatr.2015 Dec;174(12):1613-20. doi: 10.1007/s00431-015-2579-4. Epub 2015 Jun 16.
- The influence of the generalization of cystic fibrosis newborn screening (CFNBS) in France on sweat test (ST) prescription is unknown. In this French retrospective, descriptive, and multicenter study, we studied the indications, number, methods, and results of STs prescribed by a pediatric pulmonolo
- PMID 26074372
- 社会的弱者をめぐる社会的・法的状況 : (2)女性による犯罪に関する社会的・法的状況(佐藤信夫教授 須賀昭徳教授 退職記念号)
- 疋田 光孝,飛田 夏希,佐藤 健雄
- 工学院大学研究報告 (116), 105-112, 2014-04-30
- … In the future, it will provide home/office-circumstance monitoring, such as taking care of oldpeople, preventing crime and maintaining security. …
- NAID 110009760821
- circumstanceとは。意味や和訳。[名]1 ((通例～s))周囲の事情，（付帯）状況，環境，要因，ことの次第through force of circumstances周囲の事情からやむを得ずaccording to circumstances周囲の状況に応じて，臨機応変にunder any ...
- archives works 花とワルツ。 "97" remix compilation album [Remix] yokotsuka yuuya, memetor, Katsuki Harusuke [Jacket Design] ekko vivid vol.2 2013.08.03(Sat) @KORIYAMA CLUB#9 [DJ & VJ] circumstance [Flyer Design] ekko 音 ...
- circumstance: condition · consideration · context 詳しく (4) 使用されている例 actual circumstances family circumstances favorable circumstances 詳しく (14) Got time to kill? Try our Hangman game ゲームで遊ぶ 私のツイッターを ...
- accident、affect、case、circumstance、episode、incident、instance、occasion、occurrence、onset、phenomena、phenomenal、phenomenon、symptom onset