- the people who live in a nation or country; "a statement that sums up the nations mood"; "the news was announced to the nation"; "the whole country worshipped him" (同)land, country
- a federation of tribes (especially Native American tribes); "the Shawnee nation"
- an area outside of cities and towns; "his poetry celebrated the slower pace of life in the country" (同)rural area
- the territory occupied by a nation; "he returned to the land of his birth"; "he visited several European countries" (同)state, land
- (theology) being determined in advance; especially the doctrine (usually associated with Calvin) that God has foreordained every event throughout eternity (including the final salvation of mankind) (同)foreordination, preordination, predetermination
- previous determination as if by destiny or fate
- the removal of contaminants
- immunity from discrimination on the basis of race or sex or nationality or religion or age; guaranteed by federal laws of the United States
- United States prohibitionist who raided saloons and destroyed bottles of liquor with a hatchet (1846-1911) (同)Carry Nation, Carry Amelia Moore Nation
- 《集合的に》『国民』(people) / 『国家』,国(country) / 民族,種族(北米インディアンの)部族
- 〈C〉『国,国家』,国土 / 《the ~》《集合的に;単数扱い》『国民』(nation) / 〈C〉《one's ~,this ~》『祖国』,故国,母国 / 〈U〉《通例冠詞をつけないで》(地勢から見た)『土地,地方』,地域 / 《the ~》いなか,田園地方,郊外 / いなかの,粗野な,やぼったい
- 運命・ 宿命; 【神学】（運命）予定説・宿命論(この世のすべての事は神の予定によるとする考え)
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Employment status, depressive symptoms, and waist circumference change in midlife women: the Study of Women's Health Across the Nation (SWAN).
- Appelhans BM1, Segawa E2, Janssen I2, Kazlauskaite R3, Thurston RC4, Lewis TT5, Kravitz HM6.Author information 1Department of Preventive Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL; Department of Behavioral Sciences, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL. Electronic address: email@example.comDepartment of Preventive Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL.3Department of Preventive Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL; Department of Internal Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL.4Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, PA; Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh, PA.5Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA.6Department of Preventive Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL; Department of Psychiatry, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL.AbstractPURPOSE: Changes in employment status have shown inconsistent associations with adiposity. This study tested whether the presence of elevated depressive symptoms explains variability in the time-varying association between employment status and central adiposity.
- Annals of epidemiology.Ann Epidemiol.2014 Mar;24(3):187-92. doi: 10.1016/j.annepidem.2013.12.005. Epub 2013 Dec 28.
- PURPOSE: Changes in employment status have shown inconsistent associations with adiposity. This study tested whether the presence of elevated depressive symptoms explains variability in the time-varying association between employment status and central adiposity.METHOD: Employment status, depressive
- PMID 24462272
- New dosing strategies for an old antibiotic: pharmacodynamics of front-loaded regimens of colistin at simulated pharmacokinetics in patients with kidney or liver disease.
- Rao GG1, Ly NS, Haas CE, Garonzik S, Forrest A, Bulitta JB, Kelchlin PA, Holden PN, Nation RL, Li J, Tsuji BT.Author information 1Laboratory for Antimicrobial Pharmacodynamics, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, USA.AbstractIncreasing evidence suggests that colistin monotherapy is suboptimal at currently recommended doses. We hypothesized that front-loading provides an improved dosing strategy for polymyxin antibiotics to maximize killing and minimize total exposure. Here, we utilized an in vitro pharmacodynamic model to examine the impact of front-loaded colistin regimens against a high bacterial density (10(8) CFU/ml) of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. The pharmacokinetics were simulated for patients with hepatic (half-life [t1/2] of 3.2 h) or renal (t1/2 of 14.8 h) disease. Front-loaded regimens (n = 5) demonstrated improvement in bacterial killing, with reduced overall free drug areas under the concentration-time curve (fAUC) compared to those with traditional dosing regimens (n = 14) with various dosing frequencies (every 12 h [q12h] and q24h). In the renal failure simulations, front-loaded regimens at lower exposures (fAUC of 143 mg · h/liter) obtained killing activity similar to that of traditional regimens (fAUC of 268 mg · h/liter), with an ∼97% reduction in the area under the viable count curve over 48 h. In hepatic failure simulations, front-loaded regimens yielded rapid initial killing by up to 7 log10 within 2 h, but considerable regrowth occurred for both front-loaded and traditional regimens. No regimen eradicated the high bacterial inoculum of P. aeruginosa. The current study, which utilizes an in vitro pharmacodynamic infection model, demonstrates the potential benefits of front-loading strategies for polymyxins simulating differential pharmacokinetics in patients with hepatic and renal failure at a range of doses. Our findings may have important clinical implications, as front-loading polymyxins as a part of a combination regimen may be a viable strategy for aggressive treatment of high-bacterial-burden infections.
- Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy.Antimicrob Agents Chemother.2014 Mar;58(3):1381-8. doi: 10.1128/AAC.00327-13. Epub 2013 Dec 16.
- Increasing evidence suggests that colistin monotherapy is suboptimal at currently recommended doses. We hypothesized that front-loading provides an improved dosing strategy for polymyxin antibiotics to maximize killing and minimize total exposure. Here, we utilized an in vitro pharmacodynamic model
- PMID 24342636
- Long-term Mobile Phone Use and Acoustic Neuroma Risk.
- Pettersson D1, Mathiesen T, Prochazka M, Bergenheim T, Florentzson R, Harder H, Nyberg G, Siesjö P, Feychting M.Author information 1From the aInstitute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden; bDepartment of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden; cDepartment of Neurosurgery, Umeå University, Umeå, Sweden; dDepartment of Otorhinolaryngology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Göteborg, Sweden; eDepartment of Otorhinolaryngology, Linköping University Hospital, Linköping, Sweden; fDepartment of Neurosurgery, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden; and gDepartment of Neurosurgery, Skåne University Hospital, Lund, Sweden.AbstractBACKGROUND: There is concern about potential effects of radiofrequency fields generated by mobile phones on cancer risk. Most previous studies have found no association between mobile phone use and acoustic neuroma, although information about long-term use is limited.
- Epidemiology (Cambridge, Mass.).Epidemiology.2014 Mar;25(2):233-41. doi: 10.1097/EDE.0000000000000058.
- BACKGROUND: There is concern about potential effects of radiofrequency fields generated by mobile phones on cancer risk. Most previous studies have found no association between mobile phone use and acoustic neuroma, although information about long-term use is limited.METHODS: We conducted a populati
- PMID 24434752
- Cultural identity and patient trust among older american indians.
- Simonds VW1, Goins RT, Krantz EM, Garroutte EM.Author information 1Department of Community and Behavioral Health, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, 105 River Street, N428 CPHB, Iowa City, IA, 52242, USA, Vanessafirstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractBACKGROUND: Patients' trust in healthcare providers and institutions has been identified as a likely contributor to racial-ethnic health disparities. The likely influence of patients' cultural characteristics on trust is widely acknowledged but inadequately explored.
- Journal of general internal medicine.J Gen Intern Med.2014 Mar;29(3):500-6. doi: 10.1007/s11606-013-2578-y. Epub 2013 Sep 4.
- BACKGROUND: Patients' trust in healthcare providers and institutions has been identified as a likely contributor to racial-ethnic health disparities. The likely influence of patients' cultural characteristics on trust is widely acknowledged but inadequately explored.OBJECTIVE: To compare levels of p
- PMID 24002621
- イギリス2015年総選挙をめぐる一考察 : 強いイギリスか分断の幕開けか
- 全国初、手話言語条例制定! 新たに取り組む聴覚障がい者へのサービス (特集 図書館の話題アラカルト)
- 学術情報貧国から学術情報立国へ日本が生まれ変わるための戦略 : 日本発の一流学術雑誌育成を目指して
- 海上交通の安全確保における陸上自衛隊の役割 : 海洋国家の陸軍種として
- 短期、学生・フリーター、未経験者歓迎 イベント運営・コンサート設営運営撤去、展示会案内受付、内職作業など ... 株式会社NATiON.(株式会社ネイション） 〒461-0025 愛知県名古屋市東区徳川一丁目901 サンエース徳川2F TEL 052-930 ...
- 国内最大級の夏のフェスティバル「a-nation island & stadium fes. 2015」開催決定!!夏の渋谷で7日間、テーマ毎に日替わりの公演をお送りする「a-nation island」、大阪と東京で豪華ヘッドライナーの競演を実現する「a-nation stadiumfes.」を ...
- a-nation. 71,585 likes · 1,074 talking about this. a-nationのオフィシャルFacebookページです。 ... アルカラ (FROM兵庫)ウルフルズ （FROM大阪）KNOCK OUT MONKEY (FROM兵庫)フラワーカンパニーズ (FROM愛知)フレデリック ...
- cardiac death、death、near-death experience
- chromosome diminution