- the readiness to perceive sensations; elementary or undifferentiated consciousness; "gave sentience to slugs and newts"- Richard Eberhart
- lacking consciousness or ability to perceive sensations
- Problems with equating thermal preference with 'emotional fever' and sentience: comment on 'Fish can show emotional fever: stress-induced hyperthermia in zebrafish' by Rey et al. (2015).
- Key B1, Arlinghaus R2, Browman HI3, Cooke SJ4, Cowx IG5, Diggles BK6, Rose JD7, Sawynok W8, Schwab A9, Skiftesvik AB3, Stevens ED10, Watson CA11.
- Proceedings. Biological sciences.Proc Biol Sci.2017 Jan 25;284(1847). pii: 20160681. doi: 10.1098/rspb.2016.0681.
- PMID 28100812
- Perception of Fish Sentience, Welfare and Humane Slaughter by Highly Educated Citizens of Bogotá, Colombia and Curitiba, Brazil.
- Rucinque DS1, Souza AP1, Molento CF1.
- PloS one.PLoS One.2017 Jan 9;12(1):e0168197. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0168197. eCollection 2017.
- Discussions on farm animal welfare have become frequent, especially in developed countries. The aim of this research was to study the perception of fish sentience, welfare and slaughter by highly educated citizens from Bogotá, Colombia, and Curitiba, Brazil. An online survey with 12 questions prese
- PMID 28068372
- Thinking chickens: a review of cognition, emotion, and behavior in the domestic chicken.
- Marino L1.
- Animal cognition.Anim Cogn.2017 Jan 2. doi: 10.1007/s10071-016-1064-4. [Epub ahead of print]
- Domestic chickens are members of an order, Aves, which has been the focus of a revolution in our understanding of neuroanatomical, cognitive, and social complexity. At least some birds are now known to be on par with many mammals in terms of their level of intelligence, emotional sophistication, and
- PMID 28044197
- 積田 洋,高野 翔太
- 日本建築学会計画系論文集 77(675), 1009-1015, 2012
- … atmosphere of the spaces.This study focused on the psychological effects of the window.The purpose of this study is to analyze the psychological effects by form, size and the position of the window.It uses the window of actual buildings as a model and compares psychological change which is given different form of the window.As a result the evaluation structure in space which has different form of the window gets four factors as openness, impression, form and sentience.Furthermore, four factors shows how effects on the psychology by any forms of the …
- NAID 130004895539
- 近藤 隼人
- インド哲学仏教学研究 (17), 25-40, 2010-03
- … Therefore, I particularly examine the function of the mind and sense faculties in the ṢTV and the YD.//The ṢTVb regards perception as the instrument of valid cognition ( pramāṇa ) that requires sentience (caitanya) of the Spirit (puruṣa). … Perception arises with the mind providing sentience for the operation of the sense faculties through the mind. …
- NAID 120002244237
- "The Sentience of All Vegetable Things" : Paul Bowles, Edgar Allan Poe, and the Paranormal
- BEVAN Greg
- The journal of American Literature Society of Japan 2009(8), 57-75, 2010-02
- NAID 110009661155
- Sentience is the ability to feel, perceive, or be conscious, or to have subjective experiences. Eighteenth century philosophers used the concept to distinguish the ability to think ("reason") from the ability to feel ("sentience"). In modern western ...