- lacking natural ease; "a labored style of debating" (同)laboured, strained
- cause mental pain to; "The news of her childs illness distressed the mother"
- a state of adversity (danger or affliction or need); "a ship in distress"; "she was the classic maiden in distress"
- extreme physical pain; "the patient appeared to be in distress"
- the seizure and holding of property as security for payment of a debt or satisfaction of a claim; "Originally distress was a landlords remedy against a tenant for unpaid rents or property damage but now the landlord is given a landlords lien" (同)distraint
- psychological suffering; "the death of his wife caused him great distress" (同)hurt, suffering
- with pain or distress or bitterness; "he took the rejection very hard"
- (of light) transmitted directly from a pointed light source (同)concentrated
- with firmness; "held hard to the railing" (同)firmly
- very strong or vigorous; "strong winds"; "a hard left to the chin"; "a knockout punch"; "a severe blow" (同)knockout, severe
- causing great damage or hardship; "industries hit hard by the depression"; "she was severely affected by the banks failure" (同)severely
- being distilled rather than fermented; having a high alcoholic content; "hard liquor" (同)strong
- unfortunate or hard to bear; "had hard luck"; "a tough break" (同)tough
- (of speech sounds); produced with the back of the tongue raised toward or touching the velum; "Russian distinguished between hard consonants and palatalized or soft consonants"
- dispassionate; "took a hard look"; "a hard bargainer";
- dried out; "hard dry rolls left over from the day before"
- earnestly or intently; "thought hard about it"; "stared hard at the accused"
- into a solid condition; "concrete that sets hard within a few hours"
- resisting weight or pressure
- slowly and with difficulty; "prejudices die hard"
- to the full extent possible; all the way; "hard alee"; "the ship went hard astern"; "swung the wheel hard left"
- very near or close in space or time; "it stands hard by the railroad tracks"; "they were hard on his heels"; "a strike followed hard upon the plants opening"
- with effort or force or vigor; "the team played hard"; "worked hard all day"; "pressed hard on the lever"; "hit the ball hard"; "slammed the door hard"
- to cause inconvenience or discomfort to; "Sorry to trouble you, but..." (同)put_out, inconvenience, disoblige, discommode, incommode, bother
- cause bodily suffering to and make sick or indisposed (同)ail, pain
- an unwanted pregnancy; "he got several girls in trouble"
- an effort that is inconvenient; "I went to a lot of trouble"; "he won without any trouble"; "had difficulty walking"; "finished the test only with great difficulty" (同)difficulty
- a source of difficulty; "one trouble after another delayed the job"; "whats the problem?" (同)problem
- an event causing distress or pain; "what is the trouble?"; "heart trouble"
- a condition or state of affairs almost beyond ones ability to deal with and requiring great effort to bear or overcome; "grappling with financial difficulties"
- the quality of being difficult; "they agreed about the difficulty of the climb" (同)difficultness
- a factor causing trouble in achieving a positive result or tending to produce a negative result; "serious difficulties were encountered in obtaining a pure reagent"
- difficult to accomplish; demanding considerable mental effort and skill; "the arduous work of preparing a dictionary"
- characterized by effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort; "worked their arduous way up the mining valley"; "a grueling campaign"; "hard labor"; "heavy work"; "heavy going"; "spent many laborious hours on the project"; "set a punishing pace" (同)backbreaking, grueling, gruelling, hard, heavy, laborious, operose, punishing, toilsome
- taxing to the utmost; testing powers of endurance; "his final, straining burst of speed"; "a strenuous task"; "your willingness after these six arduous days to remain here"- F.D.Roosevelt (同)straining, strenuous
- not tractable; difficult to manage or mold; "an intractable disposition"; "intractable pain"; "the most intractable issue of our era"; "intractable metal"
- work hard; "She was digging away at her math homework"; "Lexicographers drudge all day long" (同)labour, toil, fag, travail, grind, drudge, dig, moil
- undergo the efforts of childbirth (同)labour
- productive work (especially physical work done for wages); "his labor did not require a great deal of skill" (同)labour, toil
- a social class comprising those who do manual labor or work for wages; "there is a shortage of skilled labor in this field" (同)labour, working_class, proletariat
- 〈U〉(肉体的・精神的な)『激しい苦しみ』,苦痛,苦悩,非嘆 / 《a~》(…にとっての)悩みの種《+『to』+『名』》 / 〈U〉『貧苦』,窮乏 / 〈U〉『危険状態』,難儀 / (精神的・肉体的に)〈人〉‘を'『苦しめる』,苦悩させる
- (物体が)『堅い』,(手触りが)堅固な,しっかりした / 『難しい』,努力を要する / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》(人が)『精力的な』,勤勉な / 激しい,猛烈な / (生活などが)耐え難い,つらい / (季節・天候などが)厳しい;(雨・風などが)激しい / (人が)厳格な;(行為などが)容赦しない,無情な / (方針・条件などが)妥協(譲歩)しない,厳しい / (感情が)うらみを含む,憤然とした / (体が)筋肉質の,がんじょうな / (紙幣に対して)硬貨の,(小切手などに対して)現金の;(貨幣が)容易に兌換(だかん)できる / (子音が)硬音の(c,gがcome, goのように[k],[g]と発音される) / アルコール分の多い / (水が)硬質の / (エックス線が)透過能力が大きい / 一生懸命に,『熱心に』 / 『強く』,激しく,大いに / やっと,かろうじて / 『堅く』 / ひどく悲んで / 接近して
- 〈U〉『苦難』,心配,悩み / 〈C〉『苦労の種』,心配事,悩みの種 / 〈U〉危険[な状態],困難 / 〈U〉『骨折り』,手数,めんどう,迷惑 / 〈C〉〈U〉(政治的・社会的)紛争,騒動 / 〈U〉(機械などの)故障 / 〈C〉〈U〉病気 / 〈事が〉〈人・自分〉‘を'『悩ます』,心配させる,苦しめる / 《物事を頼むときていねいに》〈人〉‘を'『わずらわす』,じゃまする / 〈水・空気など〉‘を'かき乱す / 《おもに疑問文・否定文で》心配する,気を遣う;骨を折る
- 〈U〉『難しさ』,困難 / 〈C〉『困難なこと』,難事,障害 / 〈C〉《通例複数形で》『困難な状況』,(特に)財政困難 / 〈C〉〈U〉(…との)不和,仲たがい《+『with』(『between』)+『名』》 / 〈C〉苦情,反対
- 骨の折れる,困難な / (山などが)登りにくい,けわしくて骨の折れる / (努力などが)しんぼう強い,奮闘する(strenuous)
- (人・人の性質が)手に負えない,強情な / (物事が)処理しにくい,取り扱いにくい
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Predictors of rapid relapse in bulimia nervosa.
- Olmsted MP1, MacDonald DE, McFarlane T, Trottier K, Colton P.
- The International journal of eating disorders.Int J Eat Disord.2015 Apr;48(3):337-40. doi: 10.1002/eat.22380. Epub 2014 Dec 26.
- OBJECTIVE: Relapse remains a significant concern in bulimia nervosa, with some patients relapsing within months of treatment completion. The purpose of the study was to identify predictors of relapse within the first 6 months following treatment.METHOD: The 116 participants were bingeing and/or vomi
- PMID 25545720
- An unexpected emergency request for glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase testing in a 9-year-old african american boy.
- Platteborze P1, Matos R2, Gidvany-Diaz V2, Wilhelms K1.
- Laboratory medicine.Lab Med.2015 Spring;46(2):150-2. doi: 10.1309/LMEEC680QNEHQGIF.
- PATIENT: 9-year-old African American male.CHIEF COMPLAINT: Recently diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) after investigation into a large anterior mediastinal mass causing airway compression.HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS: The day before the unexpected urgent glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogena
- PMID 25918195
- Preterm cesarean delivery for nonreassuring fetal heart rate: neonatal and neurologic morbidity.
- Mendez-Figueroa H1, Chauhan SP, Pedroza C, Refuerzo JS, Dahlke JD, Rouse DJ.
- Obstetrics and gynecology.Obstet Gynecol.2015 Mar;125(3):636-42. doi: 10.1097/AOG.0000000000000673.
- OBJECTIVE: To compare the rates of neonatal morbidity and cerebral palsy among preterm neonates (less than 37 weeks of gestation) delivered by cesarean for a nonreassuring fetal heart rate (FHR) tracing compared with those who did not.METHODS: This was a secondary analysis of a multicenter randomize
- PMID 25730227
- Thoracoscopic Plication for Diaphragmatic Eventration in a Neonate
- Takahashi Tsubasa,Okazaki Tadaharu,Ochi Takanori,Nishimura Kinya,Lane Geoffrey J,Inada Eiichi,Yamataka Atsuyuki
- Annals of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 2012
- … Shortness of breath, labored respiration and chest retraction presented soon after birth, necessitating mechanical ventilation. …
- NAID 130002148317
- 井上 烈
- 京都大学大学院教育学研究科紀要 (57), 545-557, 2011-00-00
- … We find that they are emotionally labored. …
- NAID 40018924722
- Labored definition, done or made with difficulty; heavy: labored breathing. See more. Dictionary.com Word of the Day Translate Games Blog Thesaurus.com Apps Favorites Log Out Log In follow Dictionary.com Dictionary.com ...
- :produced or performed with difficulty or strain <labored breathing> ... Seen and Heard What made you want to look up labored? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).
- plasmapheresis has been utilized rarely in patients with severe intractable pruritus.
- Ongoing diuretic resistance with intractable edema and hypertension in advanced CKD may serve as an indication to initiate dialysis.(HIM.1764)