- the act of enforcing; ensuring observance of or obedience to
- the force applied to a unit area of surface; measured in pascals (SI unit) or in dynes (cgs unit); "the compressed gas exerts an increased pressure" (同)pressure level, force per unit area
- an oppressive condition of physical or mental or social or economic distress
- the somatic sensation that results from applying force to an area of skin; "the sensitivity of his skin to pressure and temperature was normal" (同)pressure_sensation
- a force that compels; "the public brought pressure to bear on the government"
- process or manner of functioning or operating; "the power of its engine determines its operation"; "the planes operation in high winds"; "they compared the cooking performance of each oven"; "the jets performance conformed to high standards" (同)functioning, performance
- (computer science) data processing in which the result is completely specified by a rule (especially the processing that results from a single instruction); "it can perform millions of operations per second"
- the state of being in effect or being operative; "that rule is no longer in operation"
- activity by a military or naval force (as a maneuver or campaign); "it was a joint operation of the navy and air force" (同)military operation
- a process or series of acts especially of a practical or mechanical nature involved in a particular form of work; "the operations in building a house"; "certain machine tool operations" (同)procedure
- a medical procedure involving an incision with instruments; performed to repair damage or arrest disease in a living body; "they will schedule the operation as soon as an operating room is available"; "he died while undergoing surgery" (同)surgery, surgical_operation, surgical_procedure, surgical process
- a business especially one run on a large scale; "a large-scale farming operation"; "a multinational operation"; "they paid taxes on every stage of the operation"; "they had to consolidate their operations"
- a planned activity involving many people performing various actions; "they organized a rescue operation"; "the biggest police operation in French history"; "running a restaurant is quite an operation"; "consolidate the companies various operations"
- the activity of operating something (a machine or business etc.); "her smooth operation of the vehicle gave us a surprisingly comfortable ride"
- do forcibly; exert force; "Dont force it!"
- (physics) the influence that produces a change in a physical quantity; "force equals mass times acceleration"
- physical energy or intensity; "he hit with all the force he could muster"; "it was destroyed by the strength of the gale"; "a government has not the vitality and forcefulness of a living man" (同)forcefulness, strength
- group of people willing to obey orders; "a public force is necessary to give security to the rights of citizens" (同)personnel
- a group of people having the power of effective action; "he joined forces with a band of adventurers"
- a powerful effect or influence; "the force of his eloquence easily persuaded them"
- force into or from an action or state, either physically or metaphorically; "She rammed her mind into focus"; "He drives me mad" (同)drive, ram
- impose urgently, importunately, or inexorably; "She forced her diet fads on him" (同)thrust
- perform a function; "Who will perform the wedding?"
- carry out or perform an action; "John did the painting, the weeding, and he cleaned out the gutters"; "the skater executed a triple pirouette"; "she did a little dance" (同)execute, do
- give a performance (of something); "Horowitz is performing at Carnegie Hall tonight"; "We performed a popular Gilbert and Sullivan opera"
- compel to behave in a certain way; "Social relations impose courtesy" (同)impose
- ensure observance of laws and rules; "Apply the rules to everyone"; (同)implement, apply
- the state of being physically constrained; "dogs should be kept under restraint" (同)restraint
- the act of constraining; the threat or use of force to control the thoughts or behavior of others
- an international administrative unit responsible for law enforcement
- an agency responsible for insuring obedience to the laws
- ensuring obedience to the laws
- (法律などの)実施,施行 / 強制,強要
- 〈U〉『押すこと』,『押しつけること』,圧搾,圧縮;〈C〉〈U〉『圧力』,圧力の強さ / 〈U〉『圧迫』,『強制』 / 〈U〉(不快な)圧迫感 / 〈C〉〈U〉(精神的な)重荷,苦脳;(時間・金銭的)切迫 / 〈U〉多忙,あわただしさ / 《おもに米》…‘に'圧力をかける,強制する(《英》pressurise)
- 〈U〉(…)『作用』,働き;(機械などを)『動かすこと』,操作,(企業などの)運営《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈U〉(機械・機能などが)『動いている状態』,働いている状態,(法律など)有効である状態 / 〈C〉(人に対する…の)『手術』《+『on』〈人〉+『for』+『名』〈患部・病名〉》 / 〈C〉《複数形で》(特に,軍の)行動;《しばしばO-》…作戦 / 〈C〉運算,演算
- 〈U〉(物理的な)『力』,勢い;体力 / 〈U〉『暴力』,腕ずく / 〈C〉《集合的に》(共通の目的・活動のための)集団,隊 / 〈C〉《しばしば複数形で》『軍隊』,部隊 / 〈C〉(社会的)勢力;有力な人物 / 〈U〉(精神あるいは知性の)力 / 〈U〉『影響力』,効果 / 〈U〉(言葉の)意味,真意 / 〈人〉‘に'『強いる』,無理を言う / (…から)…‘を'力ずくで手に入れる《+『名』+『from』(『out of』)+『名』》 / …‘を'むりに押し出す / (容器などに)…‘を'むりに押し込む《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / (人に)…‘を'『押しつける』《+『名』+『on』(『upon』)+『名』〈人〉》 / 〈植物〉‘を'促成栽培する
- 〈困難なことなど〉‘を'『成し遂げる』 / 〈義務・約束など〉‘を'『果たす』,履行する / 〈劇など〉‘を'『上演する,演奏する』 / 成し遂げる,果たす / 上演する,演奏する
- 〈法律など〉‘を'『実施する』,施行する / (…に)…‘を'『強要する』,強いる《+『名』+『on』(『upon』)+『名』》 / 〈意見など〉‘を'強化する,強調する
- 〈U〉〈C〉(‥の)強制,無理じい;(自由などの)制限,束縛《+『on』+『名』》 / 〈U〉窮屈,気がね,圧迫感
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Using the decision ladder to understand road user decision making at actively controlled rail level crossings.
- Mulvihill CM1, Salmon PM2, Beanland V3, Lenné MG4, Read GJ5, Walker GH6, Stanton NA7.
- Applied ergonomics.Appl Ergon.2016 Sep;56:1-10. doi: 10.1016/j.apergo.2016.02.013. Epub 2016 Mar 17.
- Rail level crossings (RLXs) represent a key strategic risk for railways worldwide. Despite enforcement and engineering countermeasures, user behaviour at RLXs can often confound expectations and erode safety. Research in this area is limited by a relative absence of insights into actual decision mak
- PMID 27184305
- Using offsets to mitigate environmental impacts of major projects: A stakeholder analysis.
- Martin N1, Evans M2, Rice J3, Lodhia S4, Gibbons P2.
- Journal of environmental management.J Environ Manage.2016 Sep 1;179:58-65. doi: 10.1016/j.jenvman.2016.04.054. Epub 2016 May 9.
- Global patterns of development suggest that as more projects are initiated, business will need to find acceptable measures to conserve biodiversity. The application of environmental offsets allows firms to combine their economic interests with the environment and society. This article presents the r
- PMID 27173891
- A critical discourse analysis of the attitudes of occupational therapists and physiotherapists towards the systematic use of standardised outcome measurement.
- Jaeger Pedersen T1,2, Kaae Kristensen H3,4.
- Disability and rehabilitation.Disabil Rehabil.2016 Aug;38(16):1592-602. doi: 10.3109/09638288.2015.1107630. Epub 2015 Dec 18.
- PURPOSE: To investigate discourses relating to the implementation of standardised outcome measurement within rehabilitation practise.METHOD: It is a critical discourse analysis of texts in professional occupational therapist (OT) and physiotherapist (PT) journals, along with transcriptions from thre
- PMID 26678944
- The influence of the elements of procedural justice and speed camera enforcement on young novice driver self-reported speeding.
- Bates L1, Allen S2, Watson B3.
- Accident; analysis and prevention.Accid Anal Prev.2016 Jul;92:34-42. doi: 10.1016/j.aap.2016.03.023. Epub 2016 Mar 31.
- Road policing is an important tool used to modify road user behaviour. While other theories, such as deterrence theory, are significant in road policing, there may be a role for using procedural justice as a framework to improve outcomes in common police citizen interactions such as traffic law enfo
- PMID 27038499
- 国際司法裁判所判決の履行に関する一考察 : 最近の判例を中心に
- ノーバディーズ・パーフェクト・プログラムを用いた園内研修プログラムの検討 : アウトリーチ型参加者対象プログラムの実施から
- 茨城大学教育実践研究 Studies in teaching strategies, Ibaraki University (37), 327-336, 2018-11
- NAID 40021735818
- enforcement 【名】 〔法律などの〕施行、実施、執行【文例】 〔暴力による〕強... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- Congress certainly, then, has the right to pass all necessary laws for the enforcement of the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments.
- Repetition acts as an enforcement mechanism: It makes cooperation achievable when it is not achievable in the one-shot game, even when one replaces strategic equilibrium as the criterion for achievability by the more stringent ...
- carry out、conduct、do、enforce、enforcement、execute、execution、make、performance、practice、undertake
- encourage the abused person to report the case to law-enforcement officials.