dilatation versus dilation
- dilatation: the state of being stretched beyond normal dimensions
- dilation: the act of expanding an aperture; "the dilation of the pupil of the eye"
- 前者は拡張した状態を表す。心拡張(volume loadによる)など。後者は拡張するという動作を表すので、気管拡張薬(bronchial dilatation drugs)、あるいは単語に取り込まれてしまっているが血管拡張薬はvasodilatorなどと使われる。
- the act of expanding an aperture; "the dilation of the pupil of the eye" (同)dilatation
- a lengthy discussion (spoken or written) on a particular topic
- the state of being stretched beyond normal dimensions (同)distension, distention
- the state of being enlarged
- a photographic print that has been enlarged (同)blowup, magnification
- a mutually agreed delay in the date set for the completion of a job or payment of a debt; "they applied for an extension of the loan"
- an educational opportunity provided by colleges and universities to people who are not enrolled as regular students (同)extension service, university extension
- amount or degree or range to which something extends; "the wire has an extension of 50 feet" (同)lengthiness, prolongation
- an additional telephone set that is connected to the same telephone line (同)telephone extension, extension phone
- act of expanding in scope; making more widely available; "extension of the program to all in need"
- act of stretching or straightening out a flexed limb
- a string of characters beginning with a period and followed by one or more letters; the optional second part of a PC computer filename; "most applications provide extensions for the files they create"; "most BASIC files use the filename extension .BAS" (同)filename extension, file name extension
- the ability to raise the working leg high in the air; "the dancer was praised for her uncanny extension"; "good extension comes from a combination of training and native ability"
- open or straighten out; unbend; "Can we extend the legs of this dining table?"
- increase in quantity or bulk by adding a cheaper substance; "stretch the soup by adding some more cream"; "extend the casserole with a little rice" (同)stretch
- prolong the time allowed for payment of; "extend the loan"
- expand the influence of; "The King extended his rule to the Eastern part of the continent" (同)expand
- make available; provide; "extend a loan"; "The bank offers a good deal on new mortgages" (同)offer
- reach outward in space; "The awning extends several feet over the sidewalk" (同)poke out, reach_out
- make bigger or wider in size, volume, or quantity; "expand the house by adding another wing"
- become larger in size or volume or quantity; "his business expanded rapidly"
- extend in one or more directions; "The dough expands" (同)spread out
- a function expressed as a sum or product of terms; "the expansion of (a+b)^2 is a^2 + 2ab + b^2"
- the act of increasing (something) in size or volume or quantity or scope (同)enlargement
- adding information or detail (同)expanding upon
- a discussion that provides additional information (同)enlargement, elaboration
- cause to expand as it by internal pressure; "The gas distended the animals body"
- swell from or as if from internal pressure; "The distended bellies of the starving cows"
- a surgical procedure usually performed under local anesthesia in which the cervix is dilated and the endometrial lining of the uterus is scraped with a curet; performed to obtain tissue samples or to stop prolonged bleeding or to remove small tumors or to remove fragments of placenta after childbirth or as a method of abortion (同)dilatation_and_curettage, D and C
- 〈U〉〈C〉拡大,増大,拡張;増補;増築 / 〈C〉拡大(増大,拡張)された部分 / 〈C〉(写真)の引き伸ばし;引き伸ばした写真
- 〈U〉〈C〉(…を)『拡大』(延長)『すること』,(…が)拡大(延長)されること《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉拡大(延長)された部分(物) / 〈C〉(電話の)内線
- (…まで)〈距離・期間など〉‘を'『延ばす』,延長する《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / (…に)〈手・足,針金など〉‘を'『伸ばす』,広げる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 《文》(…に)〈親切・援助など〉‘を'『及ぼす』《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈事業・意味など〉‘を'広げる,拡張する / (距離・期間など)(…まで)『広がる』,『伸びる』,(…に)及ぶ,わたる《+『to+『名』》
- (…にまで)『拡大する』,膨張する,広がる《+『into』+『名』》 / (…について)さらに詳しく述べる《+『on』(『upon』)+『名』》 / 〈人が〉打ち解ける,心を開く / …‘を'『拡大する』,拡張する,広げる;…‘を'拡大して(…に)する《+『名』+『into』+『名』》
- 〈U〉『拡大』,『拡張』;展開 / 〈C〉拡大(拡張)されたもの / 〈U〉〈C〉(数字で)展開[式]
- …‘を'膨らませる,膨張させる / 膨らむ,膨張する
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Models of neurovascular coupling via potassium and EET signalling.
- Farr H, David T.SourceCentre for Bioengineering, University of Canterbury, New Zealand; Van der Veer Institute for Parkinson's and Brain Research, Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Journal of theoretical biology.J Theor Biol.2011 Oct 7;286(1):13-23. Epub 2011 Jul 20.
- Functional hyperemia is an important metabolic autoregulation mechanism by which increased neuronal activity is matched by a rapid and regional increase in blood supply. This mechanism is facilitated by a process known as "neurovascular coupling"-the orchestrated communication system involving neuro
- PMID 21781976
- Apico-basal polarity in polycystic kidney disease epithelia.
- Wilson PD.AbstractEpithelial cell polarity is essential for the establishment and maintenance of morphological and functional asymmetries that underlie normal renal structure and function and are brought about by the appropriate delivery of growth factor receptors and ion and fluid transporters and channels to apical or basolateral cell membranes. The fundamental process of cellular polarization is established early during development and is controlled by sets of evolutionarily conserved proteins that integrate intrinsic and extrinsic polarity cues. Specialized structural domains between adjacent cells and cells with their matrix, termed adherens junctions (AJ) and focal adhesions (FA), respectively, are formed that contain specific components of multi-molecular complexes acting as sites to recruit proteins and to activate intracellular mechano-transduction pathways. Regulation of these processes results in tight spatio-temporal control of renal tubule growth and lumen diameter. Abnormalities in macromolecular polarization complexes lead to a variety of diseases in different organs, a common example of which is Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD), where epithelial cysts replace normal renal tubules. Membrane protein polarity defects in Autosomal Dominant (AD) PKD include the mis-polarization of normally basolateral membrane proteins to apical, lumenal membranes, such as epidermal growth factor (EGFR/ErbB) receptors and Na(+)K(+)-ATPase-α1 subunit; mis-polarization of normally apical membrane proteins to basolateral membranes, including the Na(+)K(+)2Cl(-) (NKCC1) symporter; and the failure to traffic and insert proteins into membranes resulting in their intracellular accumulation, such as E-cadherin and the β1 subunit of Na(+)K(+)-ATPase. Abnormalities in structural AJ, FA and polarity complexes in ADPKD epithelia include loss of E-cadherin, and focal adhesion kinase (FAK), MALS-3, Crb and Dlg complexes as well as disruptions in Rab/sec and syntaxin trafficking and membrane docking pathways. Since proper polarization of epithelial cells lining renal tubules is essential for normal kidney development and differentiation to prevent abnormal cystic dilation, interventions to reverse polarity defects to normal would offer therapeutic opportunities for PKD. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Polycystic Kidney Disease.
- Biochimica et biophysica acta.Biochim Biophys Acta.2011 Oct;1812(10):1239-48. Epub 2011 Jun 1.
- Epithelial cell polarity is essential for the establishment and maintenance of morphological and functional asymmetries that underlie normal renal structure and function and are brought about by the appropriate delivery of growth factor receptors and ion and fluid transporters and channels to apical
- PMID 21658447
- Epidermal growth factor-mediated proliferation and sodium transport in normal and PKD epithelial cells.
- Zheleznova NN, Wilson PD, Staruschenko A.SourceDepartment of Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA.
- Biochimica et biophysica acta.Biochim Biophys Acta.2011 Oct;1812(10):1301-13. Epub 2010 Oct 16.
- Members of the epidermal growth factor (EGF) family bind to ErbB (EGFR) family receptors which play an important role in the regulation of various fundamental cell processes including cell proliferation and differentiation. The normal rodent kidney has been shown to express at least three members of
- PMID 20959142
- Noninvasive Measurement of Transient Change in Viscoelasticity Due to Flow-Mediated Dilation Using Automated Detection of Arterial Wall Boundaries
- Ikeshita Kazuki,Hasegawa Hideyuki,Kanai Hiroshi
- Jpn J Appl Phys 50(7), 07HF08-07HF08-7, 2011-07-25
- … In our previous study, the viscoelasticity of the intima--media region was estimated from the stress--strain relationship, and the transient change in viscoelasticity due to flow-mediated dilation (FMD) was estimated. …
- NAID 150000057677
- Estimation of shear strength recovery and permeability of single rock fractures in shear-hold-shear type direct shear tests
- Kishida Kiyoshi,Kawaguchi Yuta,Nakashima Shinichiro,Yasuhara Hideaki
- International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences 48(5), 782-793, 2011-07
- … This is because the dominant factor in the shear strength recovery during short-time holding may be attributed to a purely mechanical process, like creep deformation at the contacting asperities, while the shear strength recovery during long-time holding is affected by both mechanical and chemical processes.Moreover, to reproduce the shear strength recovery during short-time holding, we develop a direct shear model by employing a temporal variation in the dilation that occurs during load holding. …
- NAID 120003255717
- 田中 裕子,山田 純生,奥村 比沙子,清水 優子
- 理学療法学 38(2), 105-113, 2011-04-20
- … 対象者は温浴および運動を2週間毎日実施し,介入前後で上腕動脈血流依存性血管拡張反応(percent flow-mediated dilation;%FMD)と血圧を測定し,両群で介入効果を比較検討した。 …
- NAID 110008608082
- モルフォロジー処理における代表的な処理は，「Erosion（エロージョン）」と「Dilation（ ダイレーション）」と呼ばれる処理であり， ... 「Erosion」と「Dilation」はこれら4つの パターンのミンコフスキー差（論理差）とミンコフスキー和（論理和）を計算すればよいです ． ...
- Dilation (or dilatation) refers to an enlargement or expansion in bulk or extent, the opposite of contraction. It derives from the Latin dilatare, "to spread wide". In physiology: Pupillary dilation, dilation of the pupil of the eye; Cervical dilation, the ...
- allongement, dilatation, dilate, dilated, dilation, distend, elongation, enlarge, enlargement, expand, expansion, extend, lengthen, lengthening, magnify, prolong, prolongation, stretch
- his physician advises him to distend the rectum digitally on a regular schedule to initiate the defecation reflex.
- gastrectasia、gastrectasis、gastric dilatation
- balloon dilatation