- turn a corner; "the car corners"
- a predicament from which a skillful or graceful escape is impossible; "his lying got him into a tight corner" (同)box
- a temporary monopoly on a kind of commercial trade; "a corner on the silver market"
- an interior angle formed by two meeting walls; "a piano was in one corner of the room" (同)nook
- (architecture) solid exterior angle of a building; especially one formed by a cornerstone (同)quoin
- the intersection of two streets; "standing on the corner watching all the girls go by" (同)street corner, turning_point
- a place off to the side of an area; "he tripled to the rightfield corner"; "the southeastern corner of the Mediterranean"
- a projecting part where two sides or edges meet; "he knocked off the corners"
- a remote area; "in many corners of the world they still practice slavery"
- the point where three areas or surfaces meet or intersect; "the corners of a cube"
- the point where two lines meet or intersect; "the corners of a rectangle"
- force a person or an animal into a position from which he cannot escape (同)tree
- gain control over; "corner the gold market"
- put an end to; "The terrible news ended our hopes that he had survived"
- a final state; "he came to a bad end"; "the so-called glorious experiment came to an inglorious end" (同)destruction, death
- the point in time at which something ends; "the end of the year"; "the ending of warranty period" (同)ending
- bring to an end or halt; "She ended their friendship when she found out that he had once been convicted of a crime"; "The attack on Poland terminated the relatively peaceful period after WW I" (同)terminate
- a piece of cloth that is left over after the rest has been used or sold (同)remainder, remnant, oddment
- (American football) a position on the line of scrimmage; "no one wanted to play end"
- the part you are expected to play; "he held up his end"
- the concluding parts of an event or occurrence; "the end was exciting"; "I had to miss the last of the movie" (同)last, final_stage
- either extremity of something that has length; "the end of the pier"; "she knotted the end of the thread"; "they rode to the end of the line"; "the terminals of the anterior arches of the fornix" (同)terminal
- (football) the person who plays at one end of the line of scrimmage; "the end managed to hold onto the pass"
- a boundary marking the extremities of something; "the end of town"
- a final part or section; "we have given it at the end of the section since it involves the calculus"; "Start at the beginning and go on until you come to the end"
- one of two places from which people are communicating to each other; "the phone rang at the other end"; "both ends wrote at the same time"
- the surface at either extremity of a three-dimensional object; "one end of the box was marked `This side up"
- have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical; "the bronchioles terminate in a capillary bed"; "Your rights stop where you infringe upon the rights of other"; "My property ends by the bushes"; "The symphony ends in a pianissimo" (同)stop, finish, terminate, cease
- be the end of; be the last or concluding part of; "This sad scene ended the movie" (同)terminate
- take sides for or against; "Who are you widing with?"; "I"m siding against the current candidate"
- an extended outer surface of an object; "he turned the box over to examine the bottom side"; "they painted all four sides of the house"
- a surface forming part of the outside of an object; "he examined all sides of the crystal"; "dew dripped from the face of the leaf" (同)face
- an opinion that is held in opposition to another in an argument or dispute; "there are two sides to every question" (同)position
- a lengthwise dressed half of an animals carcass used for food (同)side of meat
- a family line of descent; "he gets his brains from his fathers side"
- a line segment forming part of the perimeter of a plane figure; "the hypotenuse of a right triangle is always the longest side"
- a place within a region identified relative to a center or reference location; "they always sat on the right side of the church"; "he never left my side"
- an aspect of something (as contrasted with some other implied aspect); "he was on the heavy side"; "he is on the purchasing side of the business"; "it brought out his better side"
- either the left or right half of a body; "he had a pain in his side"
- one of two or more contesting groups; "the Confederate side was prepared to attack"
- located on a side; "side fences"; "the side porch"
- stab or pierce with a horn or tusk; "the rhino horned the explorer" (同)tusk
- the material (mostly keratin) that covers the horns of ungulates and forms hooves and claws and nails
- a high pommel of a Western saddle (usually metal covered with leather) (同)saddle horn
- a device having the shape of a horn; "horns at the ends of a new moon"; "the hornof an anvil"; "the cleat had two horns"
- a noisemaker (as at parties or games) that makes a loud noise when you blow through it
- an alarm device that makes a loud warning sound
- any hard protuberance from the head of an organism that is similar to or suggestive of a horn
- one of the bony outgrowths on the heads of certain ungulates
- a noise made by the driver of an automobile to give warning;
- an extreme condition or state (especially of adversity or disease)
- the greatest or utmost degree; "the extremity of despair"
- an external body part that projects from the body; "it is important to keep the extremities warm" (同)appendage, member
- that part of a limb that is farthest from the torso
- the outermost or farthest region or point
- move or proceed at an angle; "he angled his way into the room"
- the space between two lines or planes that intersect; the inclination of one line to another; measured in degrees or radians
- fish with a hook
- a street corner that you cannot see around as you are driving
- a pocket at the corner of a billiard table
- preserve with salt; "corned beef"
- a hard thickening of the skin (especially on the top or sides of the toes) caused by the pressure of ill-fitting shoes (同)clavus
- tall annual cereal grass bearing kernels on large ears: widely cultivated in America in many varieties; the principal cereal in Mexico and Central and South America since pre-Columbian times (同)maize, Indian_corn, Zea_mays
- (Great Britain) any of various cereal plants (especially the dominant crop of the region--wheat in Great Britain or oats in Scotland and Ireland)
- the dried grains or kernels or corn used as animal feed or ground for meal
- something sentimental or trite; "that movie was pure corn"
- ears of corn that can be prepared and served for human food (同)edible corn
- feed (cattle) with corn
- 『かど,すみ』 / 『町かど』 / 人目につかない片すみ,へんぴな所 / 苦しい立場,窮地 / (株・商品などの)買い占め《+『on』+『名』》 / かどにある,かどの近くの / すみに置くための,すみ用の / 〈人・動物〉'を'追いつめる / 〈株・商品など〉'を'買い占める / 〈車などが〉かどを(きれいに,すばやく)曲がる
- (細いものの)『端』,先端《+『of』+『名』》 / (物語などの)『終り』,終結部《+『of』+『名』》 / (物事・期間の)『最後』《+『of』+『名』》;(…に)結末をつけるもの《+『to』+『名』》 / (…の)端の部分,末端部《『of』+『名』》 / 《しばしば複数形で》『目的』(purpose),目標(aim) / 《遠回しに》死,滅亡 / 《しばしば複数形で》切れ端,くず,残りもの / (事業などの)部門(part) / (フットボールで)エンド)前衛両端の選手または位置) / …‘を'『終わらせる』,終える / 〈物事が〉…‘の'終りとなる,‘を'締めくくる / 『終わる』,終了する(come to an end)
- (物体)『面』 / (物体の)『側面』,わき / (紙・レコードなど平らな物の)『面』 / (中心線・分離線から見た)『片側』 / (中心部分から見て)…『側』 / (人間・動物の体の右または左の)『側面』,(特に)横腹,わき腹 / 《単随形で》(人の)『そば』,わき / (物の)端,へり;(図形の)辺 / (競技・争いなどの一方の)『側』,味方 / (事柄の持っている)一面,局面 / (父方または母方の)血統,…方(かた) / 側部の,側面の,わきの / 側部(側面)からの(への) / 二次的な,従の / 〈建物など〉‘に'側面を付ける / (…に賛成の(反対の))側につく《+『with(against)』+『名』》
- 〈C〉(牛・羊・ヤギ・シカなどの)『角』;(カタツムリの)触角;(ミミズクの)耳 / 〈U〉(細工の材料としての)角 / 〈C〉角製の物,角笛 / 〈C〉『警笛』 / 〈C〉ホルン(金管楽器で,初めは動物の角で作ったが,現在は金属やプラスチックで作る);フレンチホルモン(French horn);《俗》トランペット / 〈C〉角状のもの;新月(三日月)のとがった先端 / …‘を'角で突く / 角でできた,角製の
- 〈C〉(…の)端,先端《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈U〉窮地,窮状 / 〈U〉《時に『an~』》(特に悩み・苦痛などの)極度,極み《+『of』+『名』》 / 《文》《復数形で》手足
- 『かど』,すみ(corner) / 『角』,角度 / 《話》(ものを見る)角度,観点(point of view) / …'を'ある角度に動かす(向ける,曲げる) / …'を'ある角度から見る
- =cater-cornered, 対角線の, はすかいの, 斜め向かいの, 対角線上の
- 対角線上の(diagonal) / 対角線上に,斜めに(diagonally)
- 〈U〉(米,カナダ,オーストラリアで)『とうもろこし』;〈C〉とうもろこしの実(おもに《英》maize, Indian corn) / 〈U〉《英》《集合的に》『穀草』(wheat, oatsなど);『穀物』,穀類;穀粒 / 〈C〉《話》古くさい(お涙ちょうだい的な)もの(こと) / 〈牛肉など〉'を'塩づけにする
||Look up corner in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Corner may refer to:
- 1 People
- 2 Places
- 3 The arts
- 4 Other
- Corner (surname)
- Corner, another name of the House of Cornaro, a noble Venetian family
- Corner, Alabama, a community in the United States
- Corner Inlet, Victoria, Australia
- Corner Township, Custer County, Nebraska, a township in the United States
- "Corner" (Allie Moss song)
- "Corner" (Blue Stahli song)
- Corner painters, a Danish artists association
- The Corner, HBO TV series based on Simon and Burns' book
- The Corner (album), an album by the Hieroglyphics
- "The Corner" (song), a 2005 song by Common
- The Corner: A Year in the Life of an Inner-City Neighborhood, a 1997 bestselling book by David Simon & Ed Burns
- The Corner (film), a 1916 film western
- Corner (fence)
- Corner (route), a pattern run by a receiver in American football
- Corner detection, an important task in computer vision
- Corner kick, a method of restarting play in a game of association football
- Cornering the market
- Cornerback, also known as corner, a position in American and Canadian football
- The Corner (Charlottesville, Virginia), University of Virginia
- WCNR (106.1 FM "The Corner"), a radio station in Charlottesville, Virginia
- The Corner, National Review's blog
- Müller Corner, a range of yoghurts produced by Müller Dairy
- A street or road intersection
- Corner, a fixed point in metes and bounds surveying
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Behavioral and cognitive data in mice with different tryptophan-metabolizing enzymes knocked out.
- Too LK1, Li KM2, Suarna C3, Maghzal GJ3, Stocker R3, McGregor IS4, Hunt NH1.
- Data in brief.Data Brief.2016 Sep 6;9:275-87. doi: 10.1016/j.dib.2016.08.071. eCollection 2016.
- This article demonstrates behavioral changes in mice in response to free adaptation and drinking session adaptation modules implemented in their social home environment, the IntelliCage. These data complement the study "Deletion of TDO2, IDO-1 and IDO-2 differentially affects mouse behavior and cogn
- PMID 27668274
- Is the MARS questionnaire a reliable measure of medication adherence in childhood asthma?
- Garcia-Marcos PW1,2, Brand PL2,3, Kaptein AA4, Klok T2,5.
- The Journal of asthma : official journal of the Association for the Care of Asthma.J Asthma.2016 Dec;53(10):1085-9. doi: 10.1080/02770903.2016.1180699. Epub 2016 May 13.
- OBJECTIVE: To assess the reliability of the Medication Adherence Report Scale (MARS-5) for assessing adherence in clinical practice and research.METHODS: Prospective cohort study following electronically measured inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) adherence for 1 year in 2-13-year-old children with pers
- PMID 27177241
- A multi-subband Monte Carlo study on dominance of scattering mechanisms over carrier transport in sub-10-nm Si nanowire FETs.
- Ryu H1.
- Nanoscale research letters.Nanoscale Res Lett.2016 Dec;11(1):36. doi: 10.1186/s11671-016-1249-4. Epub 2016 Jan 27.
- Dominance of various scattering mechanisms in determination of the carrier mobility is examined for silicon (Si) nanowires of sub-10-nm cross-sections. With a focus on p-type channels, the steady-state hole mobility is studied with multi-subband Monte Carlo simulations to consider quantum effects in
- PMID 26815605
- Healthy store programs and the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), but not the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), are associated with corner store healthfulness.
- DeWeese RS1, Todd M2, Karpyn A3, Yedidia MJ4, Kennedy M4, Bruening M1, Wharton CM1, Ohri-Vachaspati P1.
- Preventive medicine reports.Prev Med Rep.2016 Jun 29;4:256-61. doi: 10.1016/j.pmedr.2016.06.018. eCollection 2016.
- In response to lack of access to healthy foods, many low-income communities are instituting local healthy corner store programs. Some stores also participate in the United States Department of Agriculture's Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) and the Supplem
- PMID 27419041
- A Model Estimating the Slab Corner Transverse Cracking Susceptibility of Microalloyed Steel Based on Microstructure
- BUS CORNER バス交通の最先端をさぐる 地方自治体が主体的に関わるバス改善
- A Model Estimating the Slab Corner Transverse Cracking Susceptibility of Microalloyed Steel Based on Microstructure
- FPGA-Based Stereo Vision System Using Gradient Feature Correspondence
- 宮崎市中心市街地にある本格的なバールスタイルカフェ「CORNER（コーナー）」。本格 的なカフェメニューに加え、バラエティ豊かなバードリンクも楽しめる新しいスタイルの” 大人のカフェ”です。
- http//:www.marseurythmics.com/ MARS EURYTHMICS BLOG http://marsmics. exblog.jp/. since 2002 Jan. 10/10/28 Thu , a low murmur 追加. CORNERの件は a low murmurにて時々. CORNERのライブ情報はCORNER'S SHOWにて ...
- callosity、maize、teosinte、Z. mays、Zea、Zea mays