- a region marking a boundary (同)threshold, verge
- the edge of a steep place
- put an end to; "The terrible news ended our hopes that he had survived"
- a final state; "he came to a bad end"; "the so-called glorious experiment came to an inglorious end" (同)destruction, death
- the point in time at which something ends; "the end of the year"; "the ending of warranty period" (同)ending
- bring to an end or halt; "She ended their friendship when she found out that he had once been convicted of a crime"; "The attack on Poland terminated the relatively peaceful period after WW I" (同)terminate
- a piece of cloth that is left over after the rest has been used or sold (同)remainder, remnant, oddment
- (American football) a position on the line of scrimmage; "no one wanted to play end"
- the part you are expected to play; "he held up his end"
- the concluding parts of an event or occurrence; "the end was exciting"; "I had to miss the last of the movie" (同)last, final_stage
- either extremity of something that has length; "the end of the pier"; "she knotted the end of the thread"; "they rode to the end of the line"; "the terminals of the anterior arches of the fornix" (同)terminal
- (football) the person who plays at one end of the line of scrimmage; "the end managed to hold onto the pass"
- a boundary marking the extremities of something; "the end of town"
- a final part or section; "we have given it at the end of the section since it involves the calculus"; "Start at the beginning and go on until you come to the end"
- one of two places from which people are communicating to each other; "the phone rang at the other end"; "both ends wrote at the same time"
- the surface at either extremity of a three-dimensional object; "one end of the box was marked `This side up"
- have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical; "the bronchioles terminate in a capillary bed"; "Your rights stop where you infringe upon the rights of other"; "My property ends by the bushes"; "The symphony ends in a pianissimo" (同)stop, finish, terminate, cease
- be the end of; be the last or concluding part of; "This sad scene ended the movie" (同)terminate
- take sides for or against; "Who are you widing with?"; "I"m siding against the current candidate"
- an extended outer surface of an object; "he turned the box over to examine the bottom side"; "they painted all four sides of the house"
- a surface forming part of the outside of an object; "he examined all sides of the crystal"; "dew dripped from the face of the leaf" (同)face
- an opinion that is held in opposition to another in an argument or dispute; "there are two sides to every question" (同)position
- a lengthwise dressed half of an animals carcass used for food (同)side of meat
- a family line of descent; "he gets his brains from his fathers side"
- a line segment forming part of the perimeter of a plane figure; "the hypotenuse of a right triangle is always the longest side"
- a place within a region identified relative to a center or reference location; "they always sat on the right side of the church"; "he never left my side"
- an aspect of something (as contrasted with some other implied aspect); "he was on the heavy side"; "he is on the purchasing side of the business"; "it brought out his better side"
- either the left or right half of a body; "he had a pain in his side"
- one of two or more contesting groups; "the Confederate side was prepared to attack"
- located on a side; "side fences"; "the side porch"
- turn a corner; "the car corners"
- a predicament from which a skillful or graceful escape is impossible; "his lying got him into a tight corner" (同)box
- a temporary monopoly on a kind of commercial trade; "a corner on the silver market"
- an interior angle formed by two meeting walls; "a piano was in one corner of the room" (同)nook
- (architecture) solid exterior angle of a building; especially one formed by a cornerstone (同)quoin
- the intersection of two streets; "standing on the corner watching all the girls go by" (同)street corner, turning_point
- a place off to the side of an area; "he tripled to the rightfield corner"; "the southeastern corner of the Mediterranean"
- a projecting part where two sides or edges meet; "he knocked off the corners"
- a remote area; "in many corners of the world they still practice slavery"
- the point where three areas or surfaces meet or intersect; "the corners of a cube"
- the point where two lines meet or intersect; "the corners of a rectangle"
- force a person or an animal into a position from which he cannot escape (同)tree
- gain control over; "corner the gold market"
- an extreme condition or state (especially of adversity or disease)
- the greatest or utmost degree; "the extremity of despair"
- an external body part that projects from the body; "it is important to keep the extremities warm" (同)appendage, member
- that part of a limb that is farthest from the torso
- the outermost or farthest region or point
- the policy of pushing a dangerous situation to the brink of disaster (to the limits of safety)
- (がけ・河岸などの)『緑』 / まぎわ
- (細いものの)『端』,先端《+『of』+『名』》 / (物語などの)『終り』,終結部《+『of』+『名』》 / (物事・期間の)『最後』《+『of』+『名』》;(…に)結末をつけるもの《+『to』+『名』》 / (…の)端の部分,末端部《『of』+『名』》 / 《しばしば複数形で》『目的』(purpose),目標(aim) / 《遠回しに》死,滅亡 / 《しばしば複数形で》切れ端,くず,残りもの / (事業などの)部門(part) / (フットボールで)エンド)前衛両端の選手または位置) / …‘を'『終わらせる』,終える / 〈物事が〉…‘の'終りとなる,‘を'締めくくる / 『終わる』,終了する(come to an end)
- (物体)『面』 / (物体の)『側面』,わき / (紙・レコードなど平らな物の)『面』 / (中心線・分離線から見た)『片側』 / (中心部分から見て)…『側』 / (人間・動物の体の右または左の)『側面』,(特に)横腹,わき腹 / 《単随形で》(人の)『そば』,わき / (物の)端,へり;(図形の)辺 / (競技・争いなどの一方の)『側』,味方 / (事柄の持っている)一面,局面 / (父方または母方の)血統,…方(かた) / 側部の,側面の,わきの / 側部(側面)からの(への) / 二次的な,従の / 〈建物など〉‘に'側面を付ける / (…に賛成の(反対の))側につく《+『with(against)』+『名』》
- 『かど,すみ』 / 『町かど』 / 人目につかない片すみ,へんぴな所 / 苦しい立場,窮地 / (株・商品などの)買い占め《+『on』+『名』》 / かどにある,かどの近くの / すみに置くための,すみ用の / 〈人・動物〉'を'追いつめる / 〈株・商品など〉'を'買い占める / 〈車などが〉かどを(きれいに,すばやく)曲がる
- 〈C〉(…の)端,先端《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈U〉窮地,窮状 / 〈U〉《時に『an~』》(特に悩み・苦痛などの)極度,極み《+『of』+『名』》 / 《文》《復数形で》手足
||Look up brink in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Brink may refer to:
- Brink!, 1998 Disney Channel film
- Brink (TV series), a scientific television series that airs on the Science Channel
- Brink (video game), a video game developed by Splash Damage
- Brink (surname)
- Brink Productions, a theatre company based in South Australia
- Brink, Virginia
- Brink, West Virginia, an unincorporated community
- Brink, Greenbrier County, West Virginia, a ghost town
- Brink (norra delen), a location in Botkyrka Municipality in Sweden
- Brink Junior High School, South Oklahoma City
- PAM Brink Stadium, Springs, South Africa
- The Brink's Company, a security and protection provider
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Post-acquisition analysis of untargeted accurate mass quadrupole time-of-flight MS(E) data for multiple collision-induced neutral losses and fragment ions of glutathione conjugates.
- Brink A1, Fontaine F, Marschmann M, Steinhuber B, Cece EN, Zamora I, Pähler A.
- Rapid communications in mass spectrometry : RCM.Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom.2014 Dec 30;28(24):2695-703. doi: 10.1002/rcm.7062.
- RATIONALE: Analytical methods to assess glutathione (GSH) conjugate formation based on mass spectrometry usually take advantage of the specific fragmentation behavior of the glutathione moiety. However, most methods used for GSH adduct screening monitor only one specific neutral loss or one fragment
- PMID 25380491
- Neglecting posture: differences in balance impairments between peripersonal and extrapersonal neglect.
- Nijboer TC1, Ten Brink AF, van der Stoep N, Visser-Meily JM.
- Neuroreport.Neuroreport.2014 Dec 3;25(17):1381-5. doi: 10.1097/WNR.0000000000000277.
- Neglect is a heterogeneous disorder and may be specific for only peripersonal or extrapersonal space. Behavioural consequences at the level of independency in basic activities of daily living differ between patients with peripersonal and those with extrapersonal neglect. One of the most important fa
- PMID 25340562
- Pushed beyond the brink: Allee effects, environmental stochasticity, and extinction.
- Roth G1, Schreiber SJ.
- Journal of biological dynamics.J Biol Dyn.2014 Dec;8(1):187-205. doi: 10.1080/17513758.2014.962631.
- To understand the interplay between environmental stochasticity and Allee effects, we analyse persistence, asymptotic extinction, and conditional persistence for stochastic difference equations. Our analysis reveals that persistence requires that the geometric mean of fitness at low densities is gre
- PMID 25275425
- Sex steroid blockade enhances thymopoiesis by modulating Notch signaling.
- Velardi E1, Tsai JJ2, Holland AM3, Wertheimer T4, Yu VW5, Zakrzewski JL6, Tuckett AZ7, Singer NV7, West ML7, Smith OM7, Young LF7, Kreines FM7, Levy ER7, Boyd RL8, Scadden DT5, Dudakov JA9, van den Brink MR10.
- The Journal of experimental medicine.J Exp Med.2014 Nov 17;211(12):2341-9. doi: 10.1084/jem.20131289. Epub 2014 Oct 20.
- Paradoxical to its importance for generating a diverse T cell repertoire, thymic function progressively declines throughout life. This process has been at least partially attributed to the effects of sex steroids, and their removal promotes enhanced thymopoiesis and recovery from immune injury. We s
- PMID 25332287
- Separation of a Slater Determinant Wave Function with a Neck Structure into Spatially Localized Subsystems(Nuclear Physics)
- TANIGUCHI Yasutaka,KANADA-EN'YO Yoshiko
- Progress of theoretical physics 128(2), 349-362, 2012-08-25
- … The present method is applied to separations of Margenau-Brink cluster wave functions of α + α, ^<16>O + ^<16>O, and α + ^<16>O into their subsystems, and also to separations of antisymmetrized molecular dynamics wave functions of ^<10>Be into α + ^6He subsystems. …
- NAID 110009495410
- Exact Quantization of a Superparticle in AdS_5×S^5(String Field Theory and Related Aspects (SFT2010))
- HORIGANE Tetsuo
- Progress of theoretical physics. Supplement (188), 237-243, 2011-05-24
- … We quantize a Brink-Schwarz superparticle in the AdS_5×S^5 background with Ramond-Ramond(RR) flux from the first principle in the phase space formulation. …
- NAID 110008670873
- 書評 ヘンリー・ポールソン、有賀裕子訳『ポールソン 回顧録』
- ケンブリッジ・プラトン学派の祖、ベンジャミン・ウイッチコット : そのプラトニズムとキリスト理解
- 三上 章
- 人文・社会科学論集 28, 1-32, 2011-03
- … Even though reason is fatally weakened by sin, andappears to be on the brink of dying away, it is never put out, as far as it is the gift ofGod to man. …
- NAID 110008665453
- コメント: ケースにスレや汚れ小キズ等の傷みが有ります。説明書には多少の使用感があります。ディスクには若干のスリが見られま
- フルフィルメントby Amazon™というサービスを利用している出品者の商品になります。これらの商品は、AmazonフルフィルメントセンタAm
- 『Brink 』は、分隊ベースのマルチプレイをフィーチャーしたベセスダ初となる FPS です。シングル・ Co-op ・マルチの境界線を無くして各モード間をシームレスに移動できるシステムと、パルクールのように遮蔽物を移動できる "S.M.A.R.T." ...