- cease to operate or cause to cease operating; "The owners decided to move and to close the factory"; "My business closes every night at 8 P.M."; "close up the shop" (同)close, fold, shut down, close down
- used of hair or haircuts; "a close military haircut"
- finish a game in baseball by protecting a lead; "The relief pitcher closed with two runs in the second inning"
- inclined to secrecy or reticence about divulging information; "although they knew her whereabouts her friends kept close about it" (同)closelipped, closemouthed, secretive, tightlipped
- in an attentive manner; "he remained close on his guard" (同)closely, tight
- come together, as if in an embrace; "Her arms closed around her long lost relative" (同)come_together
- crowded; "close quarters" (同)confining
- marked by fidelity to an original; "a close translation"; "a faithful copy of the portrait"; "a faithful rendering of the observed facts" (同)faithful
- fill or stop up; "Can you close the cracks with caulking?" (同)fill_up
- become closed; "The windows closed with a loud bang" (同)shut
- move so that an opening or passage is obstructed; make shut; "Close the door"; "shut the window" (同)shut
- fitting closely but comfortably; "a close fit" (同)snug, close-fitting
- (of a contest or contestants) evenly matched; "a close contest"; "a close election"; "a tight game" (同)tight
- of textiles; "a close weave"; "smooth percale with a very tight weave" (同)tight
- at or within a short distance in space or time or having elements near each other; "close to noon"; "how close are we to town?"; "a close formation of ships"
- bar access to; "Due to the accident, the road had to be closed for several hours"
- be priced or listed when trading stops; "The stock market closed high this Friday"; "My new stocks closed at $59 last night"
- bring together all the elements or parts of; "Management closed ranks"
- cause a window or an application to disappear on a computer desktop
- change ones body stance so that the forward shoulder and foot are closer to the intended point of impact
- close in relevance or relationship; "a close family"; "we are all...in close sympathy with..."; "close kin"; "a close resemblance"
- complete a business deal, negotiation, or an agreement; "We closed on the house on Friday"; "They closed the deal on the building"
- confined to specific persons; "a close secret"
- draw near; "The probe closed with the space station"
- engage at close quarters; "close with the enemy"
- finish or terminate (meetings, speeches, etc.); "The meeting was closed with a charge by the chairman of the board"
- rigorously attentive; strict and thorough; "close supervision"; "paid close attention"; "a close study"; "kept a close watch on expenditures"
- strictly confined or guarded; "kept under close custody"
- used up; "time is up"
- raise; "up the ante"
- extending or moving toward a higher place; "the up staircase"; "a general upward movement of fish" (同)upward
- to a later time; "they moved the meeting date up"; "from childhood upward" (同)upwards, upward
- spatially or metaphorically from a lower to a higher position; "look up!"; "the music surged up"; "the fragments flew upwards"; "prices soared upwards"; "upwardly mobile" (同)upwards, upward, upwardly
- (used of computers) operating properly; "how soon will the computers be up?"
- (usually followed by `on or `for'
- being or moving higher in position or greater in some value; being above a former position or level; "the anchor is up"; "the sun is up"; "he lay face up"; "he is up by a pawn"; "the market is up"; "the corn is up"
- nearer to the speaker; "he walked up and grabbed my lapels"
- open; "the windows are up"
- to a higher intensity; "he turned up the volume"
- to a more central or a more northerly place; "was transferred up to headquarters"; "up to Canada for a vacation"
- with shutters closed
- blocked against entry; "a closed porch" (同)closed in
- used especially of mouth or eyes; "he sat quietly with closed eyes"; "his eyes were shut against the sunlight" (同)shut
- not having an open mind; "a closed mind unreceptive to new ideas" (同)unsympathetic
- (set theory) of an interval that contains both its endpoints
- not open or affording passage or access; "the many closed streets made travel difficult"; "our neighbors peeped from behind closed curtains"
- not open to the general public; "a closed meeting"
- requiring union membership; "a closed shop"
- final or ending; "the closing stages of the election"; "the closing weeks of the year"; "the closing scene of the film"; "closing remarks"
- approaching a particular destination; a coming closer; a narrowing of a gap; "the ships rapid rate of closing gave them little time to avoid a collision" (同)closure
- (chiefly British) of or appropriate to the upper classes especially in language use
- …'を'『閉じる』,閉める(shut) / …'を'ふさぐ(fill) / 〈事務・仕事・話など〉'を'『終える』,済ませる / 〈通路・施設など〉'を'一時的に閉じる,‘の'使用を一時中止する / (一つにまとまるように)…'を'つめる / 〈ドア・目・花などが〉『閉じる』,閉まる;ふさがる / 〈話・相談・契約などが〉『終る』,終了する,〈店などが〉終業(休業)する / くっつく,接近する(come together) / 終結,結末,終り(end) / 締め切り / (音楽の)終止
- (距離・時間・関係が)『近い』,接近している・《名詞の前にのみ用いて》『親密な』,親しい・ぎっしり詰まった,密集した;目のつんだ,きめの細かい・綿密な,厳重な(strict) ・息がつまる,重苦しい(stuffy) / 厳重に隠された,秘密の / ほとんど同等の,匹敵する・《補語にのみ用いて》(金銭が)乏しい;(…に)けちな(stingy)《+『with』+『名』》・(音声が)閉鎖音の(舌を口蓋(こうがい)に近づけて発音する) / (…に)『近接して』,(…の)すぐそば(近く)に;(…に)ぴったりくっついて《+『to(behind, by)』+『名』》 / きっちりと;ぎっしりと・(大寺院の)囲い地;(学校の)構内,校庭・《英》袋小路
- 《上への動作》『上へ』,上のほうへ / 《上の位置》『上に』,上のほうで / 『起こして』,立てて,直立して / (地図・紙面などの)『上へ(に)』,北のほうへ(に) / (遠くから)『近くへ,中心へ』;(周辺から)中心へ;(川下から)川上へ;(地方から)都会へ / (大きさ・量・価値・地位などが)『上のほうへ』,高く / (話者,話題の場所へ)『近づいて』,追いついて / 『活動して』,活動状態に / (物事・人が)現れて・起こって / 『すっかり』,完全に,終わって,…し尽くして / 保管(貯蔵)して;くるんだ(閉ざした)状態に / 《動詞を省略した命令文で》 / (野球・クリケットで)打席へ / (競技で)勝ち越して / (対抗の競技で)おのおの / 《移動・位置》『…の高いほうへ』,をのぼって;…の上のほうに / (川の)『上流へ』;(流れ・風)に逆らって;…の内陸(奥地)のほうへ / (自分が今いる所,またはある地点から前方へ)『…に沿って』 / 『上へ向かう』,(列車などが)上りの;上り坂の,(情勢などが)上向きの / 上り,上昇,上り坂 / 上昇気運,向上,幸運 / 上りの列車(バス・エレボーターなど) / 値上がり / …‘を'持ち上げる / …‘を'増大する,〈賃金・物価など〉‘を'引き上げる / 〈人〉‘を'昇進させる / 立ち上がる,起き上がる / 《and を伴って》急に(突然)…する
- 閉じる,終りの / 〈U〉閉じること,閉鎖 / 〈C〉〈U〉終了,締め切り;決算
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Geophysical and hydrogeological characterisation of the impacts of on-site wastewater treatment discharge to groundwater in a poorly productive bedrock aquifer.
- Donohue S1, McCarthy V2, Rafferty P2, Orr A1, Flynn R1.
- The Science of the total environment.Sci Total Environ.2015 Aug 1;523:109-19. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2015.03.117. Epub 2015 Apr 7.
- Contaminants discharging from on-site wastewater treatment systems (OSWTSs) can impact groundwater quality, threatening human health and surface water ecosystems. Risk of negative impacts becomes elevated in areas of extreme vulnerability with high water tables, where thin unsaturated intervals limi
- PMID 25863501
- Effect of sodium dodecylsulfate monomers and micelles on the stability of aqueous dispersions of titanium dioxide pigment nanoparticles against agglomeration and sedimentation.
- Yang YJ1, Kelkar AV1, Zhu X1, Bai G1, Ng HT2, Corti DS1, Franses EI3.
- Journal of colloid and interface science.J Colloid Interface Sci.2015 Jul 15;450:434-45. doi: 10.1016/j.jcis.2015.02.051. Epub 2015 Mar 17.
- HYPOTHESIS: As more sodium dodecylsulfate (SDS) monomers adsorb at the water/titanium dioxide (TiO2) nanoparticles interface, the particles become more stable against agglomeration and sediment more slowly. SDS micelles are not expected to adsorb on the particles and affect the stability against agg
- PMID 25867680
- Meningiomas after cranial radiotherapy for childhood cancer: a single institution experience.
- Felicetti F1, Fortunati N, Garbossa D, Biasin E, Rudà R, Daniele D, Arvat E, Corrias A, Fagioli F, Brignardello E.
- Journal of cancer research and clinical oncology.J Cancer Res Clin Oncol.2015 Jul;141(7):1277-82. doi: 10.1007/s00432-015-1920-7. Epub 2015 Jan 22.
- PURPOSE: Childhood cancer survivors (CCS) treated with cranial radiation therapy (CRT) are at risk of developing meningiomas. The aim of this study was to evaluate the cumulative incidence of meningiomas in a cohort of CCS who previously underwent CRT.METHODS: We considered all CCS who received CRT
- PMID 25609074
- Close Up Specialty フライングタイガーコペンハーゲン Zebra Japan シンプルプライスと値ごろ感を武器に日本上陸 : グループ初の小型店も出店へ、50店舗体制をめざす
- Close Up Specialty リハコンテンツ リハビリに特化した介護のデイサービス : FCをテコに、2020年に500店舗体制へ
- close-up(クローズアップ)ではレディースアパレルを中心に、トレンド最速・最安でご提案 ... 注目のアイテム featured item
- Get Face To Face Every year we arrange over 1,200 meetings for students and adults with their Congressional Offices during our Capitol Hill Day. Close Up students and teachers also experience their government in action and first ...