- of the transmission gear causing backward movement in a motor vehicle; "in reverse gear"
- a relation of direct opposition; "we thought Sue was older than Bill but just the reverse was true" (同)contrary, opposite
- the gears by which the motion of a machine can be reversed (同)reverse gear
- the side of a coin or medal that does not bear the principal design (同)verso
- (American football) a running play in which a back running in one direction hands the ball to a back running in the opposite direction
- an unfortunate happening that hinders or impedes; something that is thwarting or frustrating (同)reversal, setback, blow, black_eye
- the other one of a complementary pair; "the opposite sex"; "the two chess kings are set up on squares of opposite colors"
- of leaves etc; growing in pairs on either side of a stem; "opposite leaves" (同)paired
- altogether different in nature or quality or significance; "the medicines effect was opposite to that intended"; "it is said that opposite characters make a union happiest"- Charles Reade
- being directly across from each other; facing; "And I on the opposite shore will be, ready to ride and spread the alarm"- Longfellow; "we lived on opposite sides of the street"; "at opposite poles"
- moving or facing away from each other; "looking in opposite directions"; "they went in opposite directions"
- having made less than normal progress; "an economically backward country"
- in a manner or order or direction the reverse of normal; "its easy to get the `i and the `e backward in words like `seize and `siege"; "the child put her jersey on backward" (同)backwards
- retarded in intellectual development (同)half-witted, slow-witted, feebleminded
- (used of temperament or behavior) marked by a retiring nature; "a backward lover"
- directed or facing toward the back or rear; "a backward view"
- a change from one state to the opposite state; "there was a reversal of autonomic function"
- a judgment by a higher court that the judgment of a lower court was incorrect and should be set aside
- a decision to reverse an earlier decision (同)change of mind, flip-flop, turnabout, turnaround
- turning in an opposite direction or position; "the reversal of the image in the lens" (同)turn_around
- of words so related that one reverses the relation denoted by the other; "`parental and `filial are converse terms"
- a proposition obtained by conversion
- carry on a conversation (同)discourse
- turned about in order or relation; "transposed letters" (同)reversed, transposed
- opposite in nature or effect or relation to another quantity ; "a term is in inverse proportion to another term if it increases (or decreases) as the other decreases (or increases)"
- something inverted in sequence or character or effect; "when the direct approach failed he tried the inverse" (同)opposite
- reversed (turned backward) in order or nature or effect (同)reverse
- a lapel on a womans garment; turned back to show the reverse side (同)revere
- turned inside out and resewn; "the reversed collar looked as good as new"
- (位置・方向・順序などにおいて)『逆の』;裏側の』 / 逆に動かす(動く),バックの / 〈U〉《the reverse》(…の)『反対』,『逆』《+『of』+『名』(『wh』‐節)》》 / 〈U〉《the reverse》(貨幣・メダルなどの)『裏側』,(一般に)(…の)裏面《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉(運命などの)逆転,不運 / 〈U〉後退[装置],逆転[装置] / …‘を'『逆にする』,反対にする;…‘を'裏返す / 〈機械など〉‘を'逆転させる,逆方向に動かす / 〈判決など〉‘を'取り消す,破棄する / (ダンスで)逆に回る / 〈機械などが〉逆方向に動く
- (位置が)『向こう側の』,反対側の,向かい合わせの / (動く方向が)反対の / (性質上)『正反対の』,相入れない / (…の)『正反対の人』(『物』),相入れないもの《+『of』+『名』》 / …に向かい合って
- 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》(方向が)『後方への』,もとへの / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》『逆の』,反対からの / 進歩(発達)が遅れている / (性格が)内気な(shy),隠っ込み祉案の / 『後方へ』,後ろ向きに / (方向・順序・時間が)『逆に』,反対に
- (方向・動き・順序などが)『反対の』,逆の(opposite, contrary) / 反対のもの,逆 / (論理学で)反対(転換)命題
- (順序・位置・方向などが)逆の,反対の / (…の)逆,反対[のもの]《+『of』+『名』》 / 逆数
||Look up reverse in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Reverse may refer to:
- The reverse side of currency or a flag; see Obverse and reverse
- A change in the direction of:
- the movement of a motor or other prime mover; see Transmission (mechanics)
- an engineering design: see Reverse engineering
- a jet engine's thrust: see Thrust reversal
- Reverse lookup (disambiguation) as in:
- Reverse telephone directory
- Reverse DNS lookup
- 1 In sports and other games
- 2 Media
- 3 Others
- 4 See also
In sports and other games
- Reverse (American football), a trick play in American football
- Reverse swing, a cricket delivery
- Reverse (bridge), a type of bid in contract bridge
- Reverse (Morandi album), 2005
- Reverse (Eldritch album), 2001
- Revers (film), 2009
- "Reverse", a 2014 song by SomeKindaWonderful
- Taking a video, movie or sound and playing it backwards. (See Backwards masking)
- REVERSE, an art space located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- Reverse swing (disambiguation)
- Revers, display of reverse side of jacket cuffs, etc.
- Reversal (disambiguation)
- Reversion (disambiguation)
- Reversing (disambiguation)
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Effects of Supplemental Citrulline-Malate Ingestion on Blood Lactate, Cardiovascular Dynamics, and Resistance Exercise Performance in Trained Males.
- Wax B1, Kavazis AN2, Luckett W3.
- Journal of dietary supplements.J Diet Suppl.2016 May 3;13(3):269-82. doi: 10.3109/19390211.2015.1008615. Epub 2015 Feb 12.
- Citrulline-malate (CM) has been proposed to provide an ergogenic effect during resistance exercise; however, there is a paucity of research investigating these claims. Therefore, we investigated the impact that CM supplementation would have on repeated bouts of resistance exercise. Fourteen resistan
- PMID 25674699
- Reverse micellar extraction of bromelain from pineapple peel - Effect of surfactant structure.
- Wan J1, Guo J1, Miao Z1, Guo X2.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2016 Apr 15;197(Pt A):450-6. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2015.10.145. Epub 2015 Nov 2.
- Pineapple peel is generally disposed or used as compost. This study was focused on extracting bromelain from pineapple peel by using reverse micelles. It was found that gemini surfactant C12-8-C12·2Br (octamethylene-α,ω-bis(dimethyldodecylammonium bromide)) showed distinctive advantage over its m
- PMID 26616974
- Pravastatin to prevent recurrent fetal death in massive perivillous fibrin deposition of the placenta (MPFD).
- Chaiworapongsa T1,2, Romero R1,3,4,5, Korzeniewski SJ1,2,4, Chaemsaithong P1,2, Hernandez-Andrade E1,2, Segars JH6, DeCherney AH6, McCoy MC7, Kim CJ1,8, Yeo L1,2, Hassan SS1,2.
- The journal of maternal-fetal & neonatal medicine : the official journal of the European Association of Perinatal Medicine, the Federation of Asia and Oceania Perinatal Societies, the International Society of Perinatal Obstetricians.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med.2016 Mar;29(6):855-62. doi: 10.3109/14767058.2015.1022864. Epub 2015 Apr 20.
- Massive perivillous fibrin deposition of the placenta (MPFD) or maternal floor infarction (MFI) is a serious condition associated with recurrent complications including fetal death and severe fetal growth restriction. There is no method to evaluate the risk of adverse outcome in subsequent pregnanci
- PMID 25893545
- Does aberrant expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and prostaglandin-E2 receptor genes lead to abortion in Chlamydia trachomatis-infected women.
- Singh N1, Prasad P1, Kumar P1, Singh LC2, Das B3, Rastogi S1.
- The journal of maternal-fetal & neonatal medicine : the official journal of the European Association of Perinatal Medicine, the Federation of Asia and Oceania Perinatal Societies, the International Society of Perinatal Obstetricians.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med.2016 Mar;29(6):1010-5. doi: 10.3109/14767058.2015.1031741. Epub 2015 Sep 25.
- OBJECTIVE: The aim of the study was to characterize the expression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and prostaglandin-E2 (PGE2) genes in spontaneously aborted tissues from women infected with Chlamydia trachomatis.METHODS: A total of 135 spontaneous aborters (Group I) and 45 induced aborters (controls; G
- PMID 25812673
- ウォール・ストリート・ジャーナルで学ぶ経済英語 今週のキーワード reverse repo 買い戻し条件付き債券売却
- Relation between Verifiable Random Functions and Convertible Undeniable Signatures, and New Constructions
- KUROSAWA Kaoru,NOJIMA Ryo,PHONG Le Trieu
- IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences E97.A(1), 215-224, 2014
- … and the reverse also holds true under a condition. …
- NAID 130003385347
- 石川 幸一郎,谷口 治人,鈴木 宏和,太田 豊,水野 陽二郎
- IEEJ Transactions on Power and Energy 134(1), 2-8, 2014
- … That is to say that the forward power flow (flow from higher voltage system to lower voltage system) reduces, or, moreover, that the reverse power flow occurs. …
- NAID 130003382903
- 三島 智和,高見 親法,中岡 睦雄
- IEEJ Transactions on Industry Applications 134(1), 27-40, 2014
- … A novel zero voltage soft-switching (ZVS) high-frequency resonant (HF-R) inverter using a reverse-conducting insulated gate bipolar transistor (RC-IGBT) for induction heating (IH) applications is presented in this paper. …
- NAID 130003382846
- reverseとは。意味や和訳。[形]((限定))1 〈位置・方向・順序・性質が〉（…と）逆の，反対の((to ...)). ⇒OPPOSITE[類語]the reverse direction反対方向in reverse order逆の順序でin reverse proportion to…に反比例して.2 裏の，背面 ...
- リバースのHPへようこそ リバース さっきーのブログはコチラ → REVERSEの公式 Facebook → よろしければ、「いいね」お願いします<(_ _)> さっきー’s Facebook → お友達申請募集中！
- adverse、adversely、against、allelism、allelomorphism、backward、contrary、converse、conversely、dichotomy、disagree、disagreement、inverse、inversely、object、objection、oppose、opposite phyllotaxis、oppositely、opposition、retro、reverse
- reverse transcription、RT