- in an adverse manner; "she was adversely affected by the new regulations"
- of the transmission gear causing backward movement in a motor vehicle; "in reverse gear"
- a relation of direct opposition; "we thought Sue was older than Bill but just the reverse was true" (同)contrary, opposite
- the gears by which the motion of a machine can be reversed (同)reverse gear
- the side of a coin or medal that does not bear the principal design (同)verso
- (American football) a running play in which a back running in one direction hands the ball to a back running in the opposite direction
- an unfortunate happening that hinders or impedes; something that is thwarting or frustrating (同)reversal, setback, blow, black_eye
- the other one of a complementary pair; "the opposite sex"; "the two chess kings are set up on squares of opposite colors"
- of leaves etc; growing in pairs on either side of a stem; "opposite leaves" (同)paired
- altogether different in nature or quality or significance; "the medicines effect was opposite to that intended"; "it is said that opposite characters make a union happiest"- Charles Reade
- being directly across from each other; facing; "And I on the opposite shore will be, ready to ride and spread the alarm"- Longfellow; "we lived on opposite sides of the street"; "at opposite poles"
- moving or facing away from each other; "looking in opposite directions"; "they went in opposite directions"
- having made less than normal progress; "an economically backward country"
- in a manner or order or direction the reverse of normal; "its easy to get the `i and the `e backward in words like `seize and `siege"; "the child put her jersey on backward" (同)backwards
- retarded in intellectual development (同)half-witted, slow-witted, feebleminded
- (used of temperament or behavior) marked by a retiring nature; "a backward lover"
- directed or facing toward the back or rear; "a backward view"
- of words so related that one reverses the relation denoted by the other; "`parental and `filial are converse terms"
- a proposition obtained by conversion
- carry on a conversation (同)discourse
- turned about in order or relation; "transposed letters" (同)reversed, transposed
- opposite in nature or effect or relation to another quantity ; "a term is in inverse proportion to another term if it increases (or decreases) as the other decreases (or increases)"
- something inverted in sequence or character or effect; "when the direct approach failed he tried the inverse" (同)opposite
- reversed (turned backward) in order or nature or effect (同)reverse
- contrary to your interests or welfare; "adverse circumstances"; "made a place for themselves under the most untoward conditions" (同)inauspicious, untoward
- in an opposing direction; "adverse currents"; "a contrary wind" (同)contrary
- (位置・方向・順序などにおいて)『逆の』;裏側の』 / 逆に動かす(動く),バックの / 〈U〉《the reverse》(…の)『反対』,『逆』《+『of』+『名』(『wh』‐節)》》 / 〈U〉《the reverse》(貨幣・メダルなどの)『裏側』,(一般に)(…の)裏面《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉(運命などの)逆転,不運 / 〈U〉後退[装置],逆転[装置] / …‘を'『逆にする』,反対にする;…‘を'裏返す / 〈機械など〉‘を'逆転させる,逆方向に動かす / 〈判決など〉‘を'取り消す,破棄する / (ダンスで)逆に回る / 〈機械などが〉逆方向に動く
- (位置が)『向こう側の』,反対側の,向かい合わせの / (動く方向が)反対の / (性質上)『正反対の』,相入れない / (…の)『正反対の人』(『物』),相入れないもの《+『of』+『名』》 / …に向かい合って
- 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》(方向が)『後方への』,もとへの / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》『逆の』,反対からの / 進歩(発達)が遅れている / (性格が)内気な(shy),隠っ込み祉案の / 『後方へ』,後ろ向きに / (方向・順序・時間が)『逆に』,反対に
- (方向・動き・順序などが)『反対の』,逆の(opposite, contrary) / 反対のもの,逆 / (論理学で)反対(転換)命題
- (順序・位置・方向などが)逆の,反対の / (…の)逆,反対[のもの]《+『of』+『名』》 / 逆数
- 反対の,逆の / 逆方向の
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Potential impact of rising atmospheric CO2 on quality of grains in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.).
- Saha S1, Chakraborty D2, Sehgal VK2, Pal M3.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2015 Nov 15;187:431-6. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2015.04.116. Epub 2015 Apr 27.
- Experiments were conducted in open-top chambers to assess the effect of atmospheric CO2 enrichment (E-CO2) on the quality of grains in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) crop. Physical attributes of the grains was not affected, but the hydration and swelling capacities of the flour increased. Increase in
- PMID 25977047
- Assessing temporal and spatial variation in sensitivity of communities of periphyton sampled from agroecosystem to, and ability to recover from, atrazine exposure.
- Prosser RS1, Brain RA2, Malia Andrus J3, Hosmer AJ2, Solomon KR4, Hanson ML5.
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety.Ecotoxicol Environ Saf.2015 Aug;118:204-16. doi: 10.1016/j.ecoenv.2015.04.047.
- Lotic systems in agriculturally intensive watersheds can experience short-term pulsed exposures of pesticides as a result of runoff associated with rainfall events following field applications. Of special interest are herbicides that could potentially impair communities of primary producers, such as
- PMID 25957082
- A review of neosporosis and pathologic findings of Neospora caninum infection in wildlife.
- Donahoe SL1, Lindsay SA1, Krockenberger M1, Phalen D1, Šlapeta J1.
- International journal for parasitology. Parasites and wildlife.Int J Parasitol Parasites Wildl.2015 Apr 24;4(2):216-38. doi: 10.1016/j.ijppaw.2015.04.002. eCollection 2015.
- Neospora caninum is an apicomplexan parasite that is the etiologic agent of neosporosis, a devastating infectious disease regarded as a major cause of reproductive loss in cattle and neuromuscular disease in dogs worldwide. This protozoan pathogen is maintained in the environment by a heteroxenous l
- PMID 25973393
- Estrogenic environmental contaminants alter the mRNA abundance profiles of genes involved in gonadal differentiation of the American bullfrog.
- Wolff SE1, Veldhoen N2, Helbing CC2, Ramirez CA1, Malpas JM1, Propper CR3.
- The Science of the total environment.Sci Total Environ.2015 Jul 15;521-522:380-7. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2015.02.033. Epub 2015 Apr 6.
- Wildlife and human populations are exposed to anthropogenic mixtures of chemicals in the environment that may adversely influence normal reproductive function and development. We determined the effects of exposure to estrogenic chemicals and wastewater effluent (WWE) on developing gonads of the Amer
- PMID 25863316
- Numerical modelling of groundwater response in slopes in Hong Kong
- Japanese Geotechnical Society Special Publication 2(27), 986-989, 2016
- NAID 130005123972
- 産科婦人科の新しい診療領域 : 女性医学の意義とその展開(特別講演,第67回日本産科婦人科学会学術講演会講演要旨)
- CONFLICT BETWEEN CUSTOMARY LAW AND HUMAN RIGHTS IN CAMEROON: THE ROLE OF THE COURTS IN FOSTERING AN EQUITABLY GENDERED SOCIETY
- The smaller operators are also being adversely affected by shifts within the industry. The same problem is beginning to adversely affect academe. Industrial production may be adversely affected in the interim. Pollution occurs when ...
- adversely affect ～に悪影響を与える[及ぼす]、～にマイナスとなる・Fingerpr... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- Adversely means two things working against one another. An example of adversely is when a riptide current pulls a person in the opposite direction. Adversely is defined as how someone or something works against what one wants ...
- adverse、adversely、against、allelism、allelomorphism、backward、contrary、converse、conversely、dichotomy、disagree、disagreement、inverse、inversely、object、objection、oppose、opposite phyllotaxis、oppositely、opposition、retro、reverse