- located at or near or behind a part or near the end of a structure
- ride Western style and bob up and down in the saddle in rhythm with a horses trotting gait
- an upright consisting of a piece of timber or metal fixed firmly in an upright position; "he set a row of posts in the ground and strung barbwire between them"
- the delivery and collection of letters and packages; "it came by the first post"; "if you hurry youll catch the post"
- a pole or stake set up to mark something (as the start or end of a race track); "a pair of posts marked the goal"; "the corner of the lot was indicated by a stake" (同)stake
- the position where someone (as a guard or sentry) stands or is assigned to stand; "a soldier manned the entrance post"; "a sentry station" (同)station
- mark or expose as infamous; "She was branded a loose woman" (同)brand
- transfer (entries) from one account book to another (同)carry
- place so as to be noticed; "post a sign"; "post a warning at the dump" (同)put_up
- affix in a public place or for public notice; "post a warning"
- assign to a post; put into a post; "The newspaper posted him in Timbuktu"
- display, as of records in sports games
- enter on a public list
- publicize with, or as if with, a poster; "Ill post the news on the bulletin board"
- of a later stage in the development of a language or literature; used especially of dead languages; "Late Greek"
- later than usual or than expected; "the train arrived late"; "we awoke late"; "the children came late to school"; "notice came so tardily that we almost missed the deadline"; "I belatedly wished her a happy birthday" (同)belatedly, tardily
- at or toward an end or late period or stage of development; "the late phase of feudalism"; "a later symptom of the disease"; "later medical science could have saved the child" (同)later
- of the immediate past or just previous to the present time; "a late development"; "their late quarrel"; "his recent trip to Africa"; "in recent months"; "a recent issue of the journal" (同)recent
- at an advanced age or stage; "she married late"; "undertook the project late in her career"
- being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time; "late evening"; "late 18th century"; "a late movie"; "took a late flight"; "had a late breakfast"
- having died recently; "her late husband"
- remaining in a place or condition that has been left or departed from; "when he died he left much unfinished work behind"; "left a large family behind"; "the children left their books behind"; "he took off with a squeal of tires and left the other cars far behind"
- in debt; "he fell behind with his mortgage payments"; "a month behind in the rent"; "a company that has been run behindhand for years"; "in arrears with their utility bills" (同)behindhand, in arrears
- of timepieces; "the clock is almost an hour slow"; "my watch is running behind" (同)slow
- having the lower score or lagging position in a contest; "behind by two points"; "the 8th inning found the home team trailing"
- in or into an inferior position; "fell behind in his studies"; "their business was lagging behind in the competition for customers"
- in or to or toward the rear; "he followed behind"; "seen from behind, the house is more imposing than it is from the front"; "the final runners were far behind"
- having made less than normal progress; "an economically backward country"
- in a manner or order or direction the reverse of normal; "its easy to get the `i and the `e backward in words like `seize and `siege"; "the child put her jersey on backward" (同)backwards
- retarded in intellectual development (同)half-witted, slow-witted, feebleminded
- (used of temperament or behavior) marked by a retiring nature; "a backward lover"
- directed or facing toward the back or rear; "a backward view"
- in the desired direction; "a following wind"
- a group of followers or enthusiasts (同)followers
- immediately following in time or order; "the following day"; "next in line"; "the next president"; "the next item on the list" (同)next
- about to be mentioned or specified; "the following items" (同)undermentioned
- going or proceeding or coming after in the same direction; "the crowd of following cars made the occasion seem like a parade"; "tried to outrun the following footsteps"
- 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》(生物学的に,位置が)後ろの,後部の / (時間・順序が)後の;(…より)後の《+『to』+『名』》(later) / しり(buttocks)
- 〈C〉(木・金属・石などの)『柱』,『支柱』,くい / 《the ~》(競馬の)出発標,決勝標 / 〈C〉《話》(ラグビーなどの)ゴールポスト(goalpost) / (柱・壁などに)〈掲示物〉‘を'『張る』,張り出す《+『名』〈掲示物〉+『on』+『名』》;(掲示物を)〈柱・壁など〉‘に'張る《+『名』+『with』+『名』〈掲示物〉》 / (掲示して)…‘を'公表する,公示する / 《通例受動態で》(…として)…‘を'掲示(発表)する《+『名』+『as』+『現分』(過分)》
- (兵士・警官・看護婦などの)『部署』,『持ち場』 / (軍隊の)駐屯(ちゅうとん)地,駐留地,兵営地 / (指名・任命された)『地位』,職 / (またtrading post)(未開地などの)交易所 / 〈兵士・警官・看護婦など〉‘を'配置する / 《通例受動態で》《おもに英》(…に)〈人〉‘を'任命する《+『名』+『to』+『名』》
- 〈U〉《おもに英》『郵便』[制度] / 《おもに英》《単数形で》(郵便物の1回の)『集配』,『配達』,便;(1回で集配・配達される)郵便物(《米》mail) / 《the ~》《おもに英》郵便局(post office);ポスト,郵便箱(《米》mailbox) / 〈C〉(昔,郵便物の中断所にした)駅,宿,宿場 / 《おもに英》〈郵便物〉‘を'郵便局に出す,ポストに入れる(《米》mail)《+『off』+『名』+『,』『名』+『off』》 / 《『post』+『名』〈間〉〈人〉+『名』〈直〉=『post』+『名』+『to』+『名』〈人〉》〈人〉‘に'〈手紙など〉‘を'郵便で送る(《米》mail)
- (定刻・通常・予定の時間より)『遅れた』,遅い / (時刻が)『遅い』,遅く始まる,遅くまで続く;夜更けの / (時期が)『遅い』,終りごろの,後期の / 『最近の』,最新の(recent) / 《the~,one's~》『前の』,先の,前任の(former) / 《the~,one's~》『故』…,つい先ごろ死んだ / (定刻などより)『遅れて』,遅く / (時刻が)『遅く』,遅くまで,(特に)夜更けに;(時期が)遅く,終りごろに / 『最近』,近ごろ(recently)
- 《場所・位置》…『の後ろに』,『の陰に』[隠れて] / 《比喩的に》…の陰に隠されて,の裏に(at the back of) / …を支持して,…に味方して / 《leave,remain,stayなどの動詞と共に用いて》…『の後に』,が去った後に / (定められた時刻)『に遅れて』;(知識・仕事・進歩などが)遅れて / 過ぎ去って,過去に / 《場所・位置》『後ろに』,陰に[隠れて] / 《leave,remain,stayなどの動詞と共に用いて》『後に』 / (定められた時刻に)『遅れて』;(知識・仕事・進歩などが)遅れて / (人の)しり
- 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》(方向が)『後方への』,もとへの / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》『逆の』,反対からの / 進歩(発達)が遅れている / (性格が)内気な(shy),隠っ込み祉案の / 『後方へ』,後ろ向きに / (方向・順序・時間が)『逆に』,反対に
- 《the following》(時間・順序において)『次の』,次に来る / 《the following》次に述べる,下記の / 同じ方向に動く / 崇拝者,支持者,門下 / 《the following》《単数・複数扱い》『次に述べるもの』(人・事項),下記のもの
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Histopathology of fathead minnow (Pimephales promelas) exposed to hydroxylated fullerenes.
- Jovanović B, Whitley EM, Palić D.Author information Chair for Fish Diseases and Fisheries Biology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich (LMU) , Munich , Germany.AbstractAbstract Hydroxylated fullerenes are reported to be very strong antioxidants, acting to quench reactive oxygen species, thus having strong potential for important and widespread applications in innovative therapies for a variety of disease processes. However, their potential for toxicological side effects is still largely controversial and unknown. Effects of hydroxylated fullerenes C60(OH)24 on the fathead minnow (Pimephales promelas) were investigated microscopically after a 72-hour (acute) exposure by intraperitoneal injection of 20 ppm of hydroxylated fullerenes per gram of body mass. Cumulative, semi-quantitative histopathologic evaluation of brain, liver, anterior kidney, posterior kidney, skin, coelom, gills and the vestibuloauditory system revealed significant differences between control and hydroxylated fullerene-treated fish. Fullerene-treated fish had much higher cumulative histopathology scores. Histopathologic changes included loss of cellularity in the interstitium of the kidney, a primary site of haematopoiesis in fish, and loss of intracytoplasmic glycogen in liver. In the coelom, variable numbers of leukocytes, including many macrophages and fewer heterophils and rodlet cells, were admixed with the nanomaterial. These findings raise concern about in vivo administration of hydroxylated fullerenes in experimental drugs and procedures in human medicine, and should be investigated in more detail.
- Nanotoxicology.Nanotoxicology.2014 Nov;8:755-63. doi: 10.3109/17435390.2013.828794. Epub 2013 Aug 22.
- Abstract Hydroxylated fullerenes are reported to be very strong antioxidants, acting to quench reactive oxygen species, thus having strong potential for important and widespread applications in innovative therapies for a variety of disease processes. However, their potential for toxicological side e
- PMID 23883179
- Aging is associated with changes in the neural circuits underlying empathy.
- Chen YC1, Chen CC2, Decety J3, Cheng Y4.Author information 1Institute of Neuroscience and Brain Research Center, National Yang-Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan.2Institute of Neuroscience and Brain Research Center, National Yang-Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan; Department of Neurology, Cathay General Hospital, Hsinchu, Taiwan.3Department of Psychology and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA.4Institute of Neuroscience and Brain Research Center, National Yang-Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan; Department of Rehabilitation, National Yang-Ming University Hospital, Yilan, Taiwan. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractAlthough the neurodevelopment of empathy from childhood to adolescence has been documented, no study has yet examined it across a life span aging perspective. Sixty-five healthy participants from 3 age groups (young, middle-aged, old) underwent functional magnetic resonance imaging while presented with visual stimuli depicting body parts being injured, either accidentally by oneself or intentionally by another, thus isolating pain and agency as 2 variables of interest. Older adults reported less dispositional emotional empathy as assessed by the interpersonal reactivity index, and their unpleasantness ratings were more sensitive to intentional harm. The response in anterior insula and anterior mid-cingulate cortex to others' pain, indicative of emotional empathy, showed an age-related decline, whereas the response in medial prefrontal cortex and posterior superior temporal sulcus to perceived agency did not change with age. Dynamic causal modeling demonstrated that their effective connectivity remained stable. The pattern of hemodynamic response was not related to regional gray matter volume loss. These findings suggest that the neural response associated with emotional empathy lessened with age, whereas the response to perceived agency is preserved.
- Neurobiology of aging.Neurobiol Aging.2014 Apr;35(4):827-36. doi: 10.1016/j.neurobiolaging.2013.10.080. Epub 2013 Oct 18.
- Although the neurodevelopment of empathy from childhood to adolescence has been documented, no study has yet examined it across a life span aging perspective. Sixty-five healthy participants from 3 age groups (young, middle-aged, old) underwent functional magnetic resonance imaging while presented w
- PMID 24211010
- Alexia due to ischemic stroke of the visual word form area.
- Turkeltaub PE, Goldberg EM, Postman-Caucheteux WA, Palovcak M, Quinn C, Cantor C, Coslett HB.Author information a Department of Neurology , Georgetown University , 4000 Reservoir Road, NW, Washington , DC 20057 , USA.AbstractThe visual word form area (VWFA) is a region in the posterior left occipitotemporal cortex adjacent to the fusiform gyrus hypothesized to mediate word recognition. Evidence supporting the role of this area in reading comes from neuroimaging studies of normal subjects, case-controlled lesion studies, and studies of patients with surgical resection of the VWFA for tumors or epilepsy. Based on these prior reports, a small discrete lesion to the VWFA would be expected to cause alexia in a literate person without prior brain process, but such a case has not previously been reported to our knowledge. Here, we report the case of a previously-healthy 63-year-old man with the acute onset of alexia without other significant impairments. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the brain revealed a small ischemic stroke localized to the inferior left occipitotemporal cortex, corresponding to the approximate location of the putative VWFA. Characteristic of pure alexia, testing in the weeks following the stroke revealed a letter-by-letter reading strategy and a word length effect on single word reading. Formal visual field testing was normal. There was no color anomia, or object or face recognition deficits, although a mild agraphia may have been present. This case of acute-onset alexia in a previously normal individual due to a small stroke restricted to the VWFA and sparing occipital cortex and white matter pathways supports the conclusion that the VWFA is crucial for reading.
- Neurocase.Neurocase.2014 Apr;20(2):230-5. doi: 10.1080/13554794.2013.770873. Epub 2013 Mar 25.
- The visual word form area (VWFA) is a region in the posterior left occipitotemporal cortex adjacent to the fusiform gyrus hypothesized to mediate word recognition. Evidence supporting the role of this area in reading comes from neuroimaging studies of normal subjects, case-controlled lesion studies,
- PMID 23528139
- Abnormal default-mode network homogeneity in first-episode, drug-naive schizophrenia at rest.
- Guo W1, Yao D2, Jiang J2, Su Q2, Zhang Z2, Zhang J2, Yu L2, Xiao C2.Author information 1Mental Health Center, the First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi 530021, China. Electronic address: email@example.comMental Health Center, the First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi 530021, China.AbstractBACKGROUND: Dysconnectivity hypothesis posits that schizophrenia relates to abnormal resting-state connectivity within the default-mode network (DMN) and this aberrant connectivity is considered as contribution of difficulties in self-referential and introspective processing. However, little is known about the alterations of the network homogeneity (NH) of the DMN in schizophrenia. In the present study, we used an automatic NH method to investigate the NH of the DMN in schizophrenia patients at rest.
- Progress in neuro-psychopharmacology & biological psychiatry.Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry.2014 Mar 3;49:16-20. doi: 10.1016/j.pnpbp.2013.10.021. Epub 2013 Nov 9.
- BACKGROUND: Dysconnectivity hypothesis posits that schizophrenia relates to abnormal resting-state connectivity within the default-mode network (DMN) and this aberrant connectivity is considered as contribution of difficulties in self-referential and introspective processing. However, little is know
- PMID 24216538
- 症例報告 輸血後に行った単純子宮全摘出術術後に可逆性後頭葉白質脳症(PRES)を発症した子宮筋腫の1例
- 妊娠高血圧症候群による子癇発作,posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome,急性肺水腫を生じた妊婦に対する帝王切開の麻酔経験
- 成人期扁平足に対する踵骨骨切り術 (特集 足の外科最新手術のコツと落とし穴) -- (骨切り術)
- 松浦 潤,木村 彩香,笠井 高士 [他]
- Brain and nerve : 神経研究の進歩 67(8), 1057-1060, 2015-08
- NAID 40020550801
- In Bayesian statistics, the posterior probability of a random event or an uncertain proposition is the conditional probability that is assigned after the relevant evidence is taken into account. Similarly, the posterior probability distribution is the ...
- 後帯状皮質（こうたいじょうひしつ、英: Posterior cingulate cortex）は、帯状皮質の最後 部に存在し、前帯状皮質の後ろにある。また、後帯状皮質は "辺縁葉"の上部にあたる。 帯状皮質は脳の正中線のまわりの領域から成っており、膨大後部皮質 (retrosplenial ...
- Definition of posterior from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games.
- after、afterward、afterwards、behind、below-mentioned、late、mentioned below、next、post、posterior、subsequent