- manifesting or characteristic of life; "a vital, living organism"; "vital signs"
- performing an essential function in the living body; "vital organs"; "blood and other vital fluids"; "the loss of vital heat in shock"; "a vital spot"; "life-giving love and praise" (同)life-sustaining
- vandalize a car by scratching the sides with a key; "His new Mercedes was keyed last night in the parking lot"
- a kilogram of a narcotic drug; "they were carrying two keys of heroin"
- a lever (as in a keyboard) that actuates a mechanism when depressed
- metal device shaped in such a way that when it is inserted into the appropriate lock the locks mechanism can be rotated
- pitch of the voice; "he spoke in a low key"
- a coral reef off the southern coast of Florida (同)cay, Florida key
- (basketball) a space (including the foul line) in front of the basket at each end of a basketball court; usually painted a different color from the rest of the court; "he hit a jump shot from the top of the key"; "he dominates play in the paint" (同)paint
- any of 24 major or minor diatonic scales that provide the tonal framework for a piece of music (同)tonality
- a generic term for any device whose possession entitles the holder to a means of access; "a safe-deposit box usually requires two keys to open it"
- a list of answers to a test; "some students had stolen the key to the final exam"
- a list of words or phrases that explain symbols or abbreviations
- something crucial for explaining; "the key to development is economic integration"
- harmonize with or adjust to; "key ones actions to the voters prevailing attitude"
- provide with a key; "We were keyed after the locks were changed in the building"
- regulate the musical pitch of
- the period during which something is functional (as between birth and death); "the battery had a short life"; "he lived a long and happy life" (同)lifetime, life-time, lifespan
- a characteristic state or mode of living; "social life"; "city life"; "real life"
- the course of existence of an individual; the actions and events that occur in living; "he hoped for a new life in Australia"; "he wanted to live his own life without interference from others"
- the organic phenomenon that distinguishes living organisms from nonliving ones; "there is no life on the moon"
- the period between birth and the present time; "I have known him all his life"
- the period from the present until death; "he appointed himself emperor for life"
- living things collectively; "the oceans are teeming with life"
- the experience of being alive; the course of human events and activities; "he could no longer cope with the complexities of life" (同)living
- a living person; "his heroism saved a life"
- a motive for living; "pottery was his life"
- (of a disease) having a rapid course and violent effect
- causing or capable of causing death; "a fatal accident"; "a deadly enemy"; "mortal combat"; "a mortal illness" (同)deathly, mortal
- of an instrument of certain death; "deadly poisons"; "lethal weapon"; "a lethal injection" (同)lethal
- as if dead (同)lifelessly
- involving loss of divine grace or spiritual death; "the seven deadly sins" (同)mortal
- extremely poisonous or injurious; producing venom; "venomous snakes"; "a virulent insect bite" (同)venomous, virulent
- being or relating to or containing the essence of a plant etc; "essential oil"
- absolutely necessary; vitally necessary; "essential tools and materials"; "funds essential to the completion of the project"; "an indispensable worker" (同)indispensable
- basic and fundamental; "the essential feature"
- too closely correlated to be attributed to chance and therefore indicating a systematic relation; "the interaction effect is significant at the .01 level"; "no significant difference was found"
- important in effect or meaning; "a significant change in tax laws"; "a significant change in the Constitution"; "a significant contribution"; "significant details"; "statistically significant" (同)important
- fairly large; "won by a substantial margin" (同)substantial
- give new life or vigor to (同)revitalise
- 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》『生命の』,生命に関する(必要な) / 『生き生きしとた』,生気に満ちた,エネルギッシュな / 『きわめて重大な』,肝要な / 『命にかかわる』,致命的な / 生命維持に必要な器官(心臓・肺臓・脳など)
- (…の)『かぎ』《+『to』+『名』》 / 《the ~》(達成・理解・解決などの)『かぎ』,手がかり,秘訣(ひけつ)《+『to』+『名』(do『ing 』》 / (練習問題などの)解答の手引き(ヒント) / (辞書・地図などの)略語(発音)解,記号解 / 《the ~》(…への)重要地点,要所;(…にとって)重要な人(物)《+『to』+『名』》 / (時計のぜんまいを巻く)ねじ / (鍵盤(けんばん)楽器の)キー,鍵(けん);(タイプライター・計算機などの)キー / (音楽で長短)調 / (声の)調子 / 基本的な;重要な / (特定の状態・活動などに)〈言葉・行動など〉‘を'合わせる,調節する《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / (ある音程に)〈曲〉‘の'調子を合わせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》
- 〈U〉(無生物と区別して,生物が持っている)『生命』,命 / 〈U〉《集合的に》『生物』,生き物 / 〈U〉(死後の)霊,霊的存在 / 〈C〉人間(person) / 〈U〉『一生』,生涯 / 〈C〉『寿命』,活動(有効,耐久)期間 / 〈U〉『人生』,現世,世間 / 〈C〉〈U〉『生活』,暮らし,生き方,暮らし方 / 〈C〉『伝記』(biography) / 〈U〉『生気』,活気,元気(vitality)
- 『致命的な』,命にかかわる(fatal) / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》殺そう(滅ぼそう)とねらっている;生かしておけない / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》死(死人)のような / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》はなはだしい,過度の / 耐えられないほど退屈な / 『死んだように』,死人のように / はなはだしく,びどく(extremely)
- 『絶対必要な』,欠くことのできない / 『本質の』,本質的な / (植物・薬剤などの)エキスの,精の / (…に)不可欠の要素;(…の)主眼点,要点《+『of』+『名』》
- 『重要な』,重大な / 『意味のある』 / 意味ありげな,暗示的な
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Is lung function associated with bone mineral density? Results from the Hertfordshire Cohort Study.
- Dennison EM, Dhanwal DK, Shaheen SO, Azagra R, Reading I, Jameson KA, Sayer AA, Cooper C.SourceMRC Lifecourse Epidemiology Unit, Southampton General Hospital, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK.
- Archives of osteoporosis.Arch Osteoporos.2013 Dec;8(1-2):115. doi: 10.1007/s11657-012-0115-y. Epub 2013 Jan 15.
- Given limited information available regarding associations between lung function and bone mineral density among healthy subjects, we undertook these analyses in the Hertfordshire Cohort Study. Forced expiratory volume in 1 s (FEV(1)), forced vital capacity (FVC) and FEV(1)/FVC were not associated w
- PMID 23322029
- Radial and tangential neuronal migration pathways in the human fetal brain: Anatomically distinct patterns of diffusion MRI coherence.
- Kolasinski J, Takahashi E, Stevens AA, Benner T, Fischl B, Zöllei L, Grant PE.SourceAthinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02119, USA; Centre for Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain (FMRIB), Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK.
- NeuroImage.Neuroimage.2013 Oct;79:412-22. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2013.04.125. Epub 2013 May 11.
- Corticogenesis is underpinned by a complex process of subcortical neuroproliferation, followed by highly orchestrated cellular migration. A greater appreciation of the processes involved in human fetal corticogenesis is vital to gaining an understanding of how developmental disturbances originating
- PMID 23672769
- Enrichment of polyphenol contents and antioxidant activities of Irish brown macroalgae using food-friendly techniques based on polarity and molecular size.
- Tierney MS, Smyth TJ, Rai DK, Soler-Vila A, Croft AK, Brunton N.SourceFood Biosciences Department, Teagasc Food Research Centre, Ashtown, Dublin 15, Ireland.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2013 Aug 15;139(1-4):753-61. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.01.019. Epub 2013 Jan 23.
- An efficient, food-friendly process for the enrichment of macroalgal phlorotannins from solid-liquid extracts (SLE) of three brown macroalgae, namely Fucus spiralis Linnaeus, Pelvetia canaliculata (Linnaeus) Decaisne & Thuret and Ascophyllum nodosum (Linnaeus) Le Jolis, has been demonstrated. Th
- PMID 23561170
- Stakeholder analysis combined with social network analysis provides fine-grained insights into water infrastructure planning processes.
- Lienert J, Schnetzer F, Ingold K.SourceSwiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, Eawag, Environmental Social Sciences (ESS), P.O. Box 611, CH-8600 Duebendorf, Switzerland. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Journal of environmental management.J Environ Manage.2013 Aug 15;125:134-48. doi: 10.1016/j.jenvman.2013.03.052. Epub 2013 May 6.
- Environmental policy and decision-making are characterized by complex interactions between different actors and sectors. As a rule, a stakeholder analysis is performed to understand those involved, but it has been criticized for lacking quality and consistency. This lack is remedied here by a formal
- PMID 23660534
- 今、医療の新分野を拓く ドクターコール付き生体情報発信装置を用いた医師会主導の在宅医療支援システムの構築 (検証・"ウェアラブル"の実効性を知る)
- 努力性肺活量(フローボリューム曲線を含む)測定 (今月の特集 実践に役立つ呼吸機能検査の測定手技)
- 肺活量測定 (今月の特集 実践に役立つ呼吸機能検査の測定手技)
- Dr.D(デシュパンデ)の はうつ~プレゼン in English(第3回)なあなあにしないvital & physical : 網羅的かつ具体的に