- the commercial enterprise of moving goods and materials (同)shipping, transport
- the act of moving something from one location to another (同)transport, transfer, transferral, conveyance
- the act of delivering or distributing something (as goods or mail); "his reluctant delivery of bad news" (同)bringing
- the voluntary transfer of something (title or possession) from one party to another (同)livery, legal transfer
- the act of delivering a child (同)obstetrical delivery
- the event of giving birth; "she had a difficult delivery"
- win in an election; "The senator carried his home state"
- continue or extend; "The civil war carried into the neighboring province"; "The disease extended into the remote mountain provinces" (同)extend
- the act of carrying something
- serve as a means for expressing something; "The painting of Mary carries motherly love"; "His voice carried a lot of anger" (同)convey, express
- drink alcohol without showing ill effects; "He can hold his liquor"; "he had drunk more than he could carry" (同)hold
- have with oneself; have on ones person; "She always takes an umbrella"; "I always carry money"; "She packs a gun when she goes into the mountains" (同)pack, take
- win approval or support for; "Carry all before one"; "His speech did not sway the voters" (同)persuade, sway
- include as the content; broadcast or publicize; "We ran the ad three times"; "This paper carries a restaurant review"; "All major networks carried the press conference" (同)run
- be able to feed; "This land will carry ten cows to the acre"
- be conveyed over a certain distance; "Her voice carries very well in this big opera house"
- be equipped with (a mast or sail); "This boat can only carry a small sail"
- be necessarily associated with or result in or involve; "This crime carries a penalty of five years in prison"
- be successful in; "She lost the game but carried the match"
- bear (a crop); "this land does not carry olives"
- bear or be able to bear the weight, pressure,or responsibility of; "His efforts carried the entire project"; "How many credits is this student carrying?"; "We carry a very large mortgage"
- capture after a fight; "The troops carried the town after a brief fight"
- compensate for a weaker partner or member by ones own performance; "I resent having to carry her all the time"
- cover a certain distance or advance beyond; "The drive carried to the green"
- extend to a certain degree; "carry too far"; "She carries her ideas to the extreme"
- have a certain range; "This rifle carries for 3,000 feet"
- have as an inherent or characteristic feature or have as a consequence; "This new washer carries a two year guarantee"; "The loan carries a high interest rate"; "this undertaking carries many dangers"; "She carries her mothers genes"; "These bonds carry warrants"; "The restaurant carries an unusual name"
- have on the surface or on the skin; "carry scars"
- have or possess something abstract; "I carry her image in my minds eye"; "I will carry the secret to my grave"; "I carry these thoughts in the back of my head"; "I carry a lot of life insurance"
- include, as on a list; "How many people are carried on the payroll?"
- keep up with financial support; "The Federal Government carried the province for many years"
- pass on a communication; "The news was carried to every village in the province"
- propel or give impetus to; "The sudden gust of air propelled the ball to the other side of the fence"
- pursue a line of scent or be a bearer; "the dog was taught to fetch and carry"
- secure the passage or adoption (of bills and motions); "The motion carried easily"
- sing or play against other voices or parts; "He cannot carry a tune"
- take further or advance; "carry a cause"
- transfer (a number, cipher, or remainder) to the next column or units place before or after, in addition or multiplication; "put down 5 and carry 2"
- move something or somebody around; usually over long distances
- an exchange of molecules (and their kinetic energy and momentum) across the boundary between adjacent layers of a fluid or across cell membranes
- move while supporting, either in a vehicle or in ones hands or on ones body; "You must carry your camping gear"; "carry the suitcases to the car"; "This train is carrying nuclear waste"; "These pipes carry waste water into the river" (同)carry
- transport commercially (同)send, ship
- trade or deal a commodity; "They trafficked with us for gold"
- buying and selling; especially illicit trade
- the aggregation of things (pedestrians or vehicles) coming and going in a particular locality during a specified period of time
- the amount of activity over a communication system during a given period of time; "heavy traffic overloaded the trunk lines"; "traffic on the internet is lightest during the night"
- deal illegally; "traffic drugs"
- travel by ship
- a vessel that carries passengers or freight
- hire for work on a ship
- place on board a ship; "ship the cargo in the hold of the vessel"
- transmit a title or property
- transfer to another; "communicate a disease" (同)transmit, communicate
- make known; pass on, of information; "She conveyed the message to me"
- a facility consisting of the means and equipment necessary for the movement of passengers or goods (同)transportation, transit
- a transportation system for moving passengers or goods by air
- transportation by air (同)air_transport
- a company providing transportation
- 《おもに米》『輸送』,運送;輸送(交通)機関 / 《米》運送料;運賃 / (昔の罪人の)追放刑,流罪;流罪の期間
- 〈U〉〈C〉(…への)(手紙・荷物などの)『配達』,便;配達品《+『for』+『名』》 / 〈U〉《文》(…からの)釈放,解放《+『from』+『名』》 / 〈U〉〈C〉分娩(ぶんべん),出産 / 〈U〉〈C〉話しぶり,弁舌 / 〈U〉(野球の)投球[ぶり],(テニスなどの)打ち方
- …'を'『運ぶ』,運搬する,持って行く(来る) / (身につけて)…'を'『持ち歩く』,携帯する《+『名』+『about』(『with』,『on』)+『名』》 / …[の重さ]'を'支える / (特徴・特性・結果として)…'を'伴う,含む / (電線・パイプなどが)…'を'導く,伝導する / (ある点まで,ある方向へ)…'を'伸ばす,広げる《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / …'を'勝ち取る,得る;…‘の'主導権をとる / 〈物事が〉(…に)〈人〉'を'かり立てる,行かせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈新聞などが〉…'を'掲載する,伝える / 〈動議など〉'を'通過させる / (努力・才能によって)…'を'支える,‘の'責任を果たす / 《話》…'を'援助する,‘の'首をつないでおく / 〈自分〉‘の'身を処する(受動態にできない) / (ある距離まで)『達する』,届く / 投票で採択される / 物を運ぶ / (鉄砲の)射程;(ゴルフ・野球の飛球の)飛距離 / (2つの水路間の)陸上運搬,連水陸路 / 運ぶこと,持っていくこと
- (ある場所からある場所へ)…‘を'『輸送する』,運搬する《+名+from+名+to+名》 / 《文》《受動態で》(…で)…‘を'夢中にする,有頂天にする《+名+with+名》 / 〈罪人〉‘を'流刑にする / 〈U〉輸送,運送,輸送(交通)機関(transportation) / 〈C〉(軍隊や軍需品を運ぶ)輸送船,輸送機
- (車・船・人などの)『往来,交通』,通行;(鉄道・船などによる)輸送,運輸 / 《集合的に》交通量,輸送量 / 売買,商売(trade),(特に不正な)取り引き / 運輸業,[旅客]輸送業 / (特に不正に)(…と…の)取り引きをする《+in+名+with+名》
- (おもに大洋を航行する)船,大型船 / (船の)乗組員 / 《話》飛行機,飛行船;宇宙船 / シップ型帆船 / …‘を'『船で送る』,船に積む;(郵便・鉄道・トラック・飛行機などで)…‘を'『送る』,輸送する / 〈船が〉〈波〉‘を'かぶる / 〈船具〉‘を'船に取り付ける / 乗船する;船旅をする / (…として)船で働く,船員になる《+『as』+『名』》
- (…に)…'を'『運ぶ』,運搬する《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈思想・意味など〉'を'伝達する / (…に)〈財産など〉'を'正式に譲渡する《+『名』+『to』+『名』》
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- The Effect of Copper And Zinc Nanoparticles on the Growth Parameters, Contents of Ascorbic Acid, and Qualitative Composition of Amino Acids and Acylcarnitines in Pistia stratiotes L. (Araceae).
- Olkhovych O1, Volkogon M2, Taran N1, Batsmanova L1, Kravchenko I1.
- Nanoscale research letters.Nanoscale Res Lett.2016 Dec;11(1):218. doi: 10.1186/s11671-016-1422-9. Epub 2016 Apr 23.
- The paper covers the research of copper and zinc nanoparticle effect on the content of ascorbic acid, and quantitative and qualitative composition of amino acids and acylcarnitines in Pistia stratiotes L. plants. Plant exposition to copper nanoparticles led to the decrease in (1) the amount of ascor
- PMID 27107771
- Surface patterned pH-sensitive fluorescence using β-cyclodextrin functionalized poly(ethylene glycol).
- Kim SH1, Sharker SM2, In I3, Park SY4.
- Carbohydrate polymers.Carbohydr Polym.2016 Aug 20;147:436-43. doi: 10.1016/j.carbpol.2016.04.036. Epub 2016 Apr 11.
- This paper reports the development of a pH-responsive molecular pattern that shows specific and selective affinity for particular host-guest interactions, and its use as a pH fluorescent sensor. The pH-responsive boronate ester is formed via interactions between the diol group of β-cyclodextrin (CD
- PMID 27178950
- Numerical simulation of iontophoresis in the drug delivery system.
- Filipovic N1,2, Zivanovic M2, Savic A3, Bijelic G3.
- Computer methods in biomechanics and biomedical engineering.Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin.2016 Aug;19(11):1154-9. doi: 10.1080/10255842.2015.1115021. Epub 2015 Nov 23.
- The architecture and composition of stratum corneum act as barriers and limit the diffusion of most drug molecules and ions. Much effort has been made to overcome this barrier and it can be seen that iontophoresis has shown a good effect. Iontophoresis represents the application of low electrical po
- PMID 26592537
- Modeling of interstitial fluid movement in soft tissue under negative pressure - relevance to treatment of tissue swelling.
- Iivarinen JT1,2, Korhonen RK1, Jurvelin JS1.
- Computer methods in biomechanics and biomedical engineering.Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin.2016 Aug;19(10):1089-98. doi: 10.1080/10255842.2015.1101073. Epub 2015 Oct 24.
- Exact physiological mechanisms behind the potential positive treatment effects of pathological tissue swelling (edema), such as increased interstitial fluid flow, are poorly understood. Finite-element model was created and the model response was matched with the deformation data from the negative pr
- PMID 26499361
- 福島県における交通インフラの復旧と復興計画 (特集 東北地方における交通の取り組みと展望)
- 仙台市における公共交通を中心とした交通体系の構築に向けた取り組み (特集 東北地方における交通の取り組みと展望)
- 「響灘エネルギー産業拠点化」最新動向 公募予定水域「2700ha」確定
- Container age : The authoritative voice of intermodal transportation
- NAID 40020909126
- transportation 【名】 〈米〉輸送、運送、運輸、運搬 【同】〈英〉transport ... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- trans·por·ta·tion (trăns′pər-tā′shən) n. 1. a. The act or an instance of transporting. b. The state of being transported. 2. A means of conveyance: What kind of transportation did you take? 3. The business of conveying passengers or ...
- The result was that it again held the territory and could regulate the transportation tolls, but what a price had been paid! The Railroad Problem Edward Hungerford British Dictionary definitions for transportation Expand / / noun 1. 3. ...