- win in an election; "The senator carried his home state"
- continue or extend; "The civil war carried into the neighboring province"; "The disease extended into the remote mountain provinces" (同)extend
- the act of carrying something
- serve as a means for expressing something; "The painting of Mary carries motherly love"; "His voice carried a lot of anger" (同)convey, express
- drink alcohol without showing ill effects; "He can hold his liquor"; "he had drunk more than he could carry" (同)hold
- have with oneself; have on ones person; "She always takes an umbrella"; "I always carry money"; "She packs a gun when she goes into the mountains" (同)pack, take
- win approval or support for; "Carry all before one"; "His speech did not sway the voters" (同)persuade, sway
- include as the content; broadcast or publicize; "We ran the ad three times"; "This paper carries a restaurant review"; "All major networks carried the press conference" (同)run
- be able to feed; "This land will carry ten cows to the acre"
- be conveyed over a certain distance; "Her voice carries very well in this big opera house"
- be equipped with (a mast or sail); "This boat can only carry a small sail"
- be necessarily associated with or result in or involve; "This crime carries a penalty of five years in prison"
- be successful in; "She lost the game but carried the match"
- bear (a crop); "this land does not carry olives"
- bear or be able to bear the weight, pressure,or responsibility of; "His efforts carried the entire project"; "How many credits is this student carrying?"; "We carry a very large mortgage"
- capture after a fight; "The troops carried the town after a brief fight"
- compensate for a weaker partner or member by ones own performance; "I resent having to carry her all the time"
- cover a certain distance or advance beyond; "The drive carried to the green"
- extend to a certain degree; "carry too far"; "She carries her ideas to the extreme"
- have a certain range; "This rifle carries for 3,000 feet"
- have as an inherent or characteristic feature or have as a consequence; "This new washer carries a two year guarantee"; "The loan carries a high interest rate"; "this undertaking carries many dangers"; "She carries her mothers genes"; "These bonds carry warrants"; "The restaurant carries an unusual name"
- have on the surface or on the skin; "carry scars"
- have or possess something abstract; "I carry her image in my minds eye"; "I will carry the secret to my grave"; "I carry these thoughts in the back of my head"; "I carry a lot of life insurance"
- include, as on a list; "How many people are carried on the payroll?"
- keep up with financial support; "The Federal Government carried the province for many years"
- pass on a communication; "The news was carried to every village in the province"
- propel or give impetus to; "The sudden gust of air propelled the ball to the other side of the fence"
- pursue a line of scent or be a bearer; "the dog was taught to fetch and carry"
- secure the passage or adoption (of bills and motions); "The motion carried easily"
- sing or play against other voices or parts; "He cannot carry a tune"
- take further or advance; "carry a cause"
- transfer (a number, cipher, or remainder) to the next column or units place before or after, in addition or multiplication; "put down 5 and carry 2"
- the act of delivering or distributing something (as goods or mail); "his reluctant delivery of bad news" (同)bringing
- the voluntary transfer of something (title or possession) from one party to another (同)livery, legal transfer
- the act of delivering a child (同)obstetrical delivery
- the event of giving birth; "she had a difficult delivery"
- bring into a different state; "this may land you in jail" (同)land
- induce or persuade; "The confession of one of the accused brought the others to admit to the crime as well"
- take something or somebody with oneself somewhere; "Bring me the box from the other room"; "Take these letters to the boss"; "This brings me to the main point" (同)convey, take
- go or come after and bring or take back; "Get me those books over there, please"; "Could you bring the wine?"; "The dog fetched the hat" (同)get, convey, fetch
- cause to happen or to occur as a consequence; "I cannot work a miracle"; "wreak havoc"; "bring comments"; "play a joke"; "The rain brought relief to the drought-stricken area" (同)work, play, wreak, make for
- attract the attention of; "The noise and the screaming brought the curious"
- be accompanied by; "Can I bring my cousin to the dinner?"
- cause to come into a particular state or condition; "Long hard years of on the job training had brought them to their competence"; "bring water to the boiling point"
- move something or somebody around; usually over long distances
- an exchange of molecules (and their kinetic energy and momentum) across the boundary between adjacent layers of a fluid or across cell membranes
- move while supporting, either in a vehicle or in ones hands or on ones body; "You must carry your camping gear"; "carry the suitcases to the car"; "This train is carrying nuclear waste"; "These pipes carry waste water into the river" (同)carry
- transport commercially (同)send, ship
- trade or deal a commodity; "They trafficked with us for gold"
- buying and selling; especially illicit trade
- the aggregation of things (pedestrians or vehicles) coming and going in a particular locality during a specified period of time
- the amount of activity over a communication system during a given period of time; "heavy traffic overloaded the trunk lines"; "traffic on the internet is lightest during the night"
- deal illegally; "traffic drugs"
- travel by ship
- a vessel that carries passengers or freight
- hire for work on a ship
- place on board a ship; "ship the cargo in the hold of the vessel"
- transmit a title or property
- transfer to another; "communicate a disease" (同)transmit, communicate
- make known; pass on, of information; "She conveyed the message to me"
- the act of carrying a person over your shoulder
- a motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine; "he needs a car to get to work" (同)auto, automobile, machine, motorcar
- where passengers ride up and down; "the car was on the top floor" (同)elevator car
- the compartment that is suspended from an airship and that carries personnel and the cargo and the power plant (同)gondola
- a wheeled vehicle adapted to the rails of railroad; "three cars had jumped the rails" (同)railcar, railway car, railroad car
- …'を'『運ぶ』,運搬する,持って行く(来る) / (身につけて)…'を'『持ち歩く』,携帯する《+『名』+『about』(『with』,『on』)+『名』》 / …[の重さ]'を'支える / (特徴・特性・結果として)…'を'伴う,含む / (電線・パイプなどが)…'を'導く,伝導する / (ある点まで,ある方向へ)…'を'伸ばす,広げる《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / …'を'勝ち取る,得る;…‘の'主導権をとる / 〈物事が〉(…に)〈人〉'を'かり立てる,行かせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈新聞などが〉…'を'掲載する,伝える / 〈動議など〉'を'通過させる / (努力・才能によって)…'を'支える,‘の'責任を果たす / 《話》…'を'援助する,‘の'首をつないでおく / 〈自分〉‘の'身を処する(受動態にできない) / (ある距離まで)『達する』,届く / 投票で採択される / 物を運ぶ / (鉄砲の)射程;(ゴルフ・野球の飛球の)飛距離 / (2つの水路間の)陸上運搬,連水陸路 / 運ぶこと,持っていくこと
- 〈U〉〈C〉(…への)(手紙・荷物などの)『配達』,便;配達品《+『for』+『名』》 / 〈U〉《文》(…からの)釈放,解放《+『from』+『名』》 / 〈U〉〈C〉分娩(ぶんべん),出産 / 〈U〉〈C〉話しぶり,弁舌 / 〈U〉(野球の)投球[ぶり],(テニスなどの)打ち方
- 〈物〉‘を'『持ってくる』 / 〈人が〉(…に)〈人〉‘を'『連れてくる』《+『名』〈人〉+『to』+『名』》 / 〈物事が〉(…に)〈人〉‘を'『来させる』,引き寄せる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈物事〉をもたらす,引き起こす / (ある状態・結果・動作などに)…‘を'『する』 / (…に対して)〈訴訟〉を起こす《+『名』+『for』(『against』)+『名』》
- (ある場所からある場所へ)…‘を'『輸送する』,運搬する《+名+from+名+to+名》 / 《文》《受動態で》(…で)…‘を'夢中にする,有頂天にする《+名+with+名》 / 〈罪人〉‘を'流刑にする / 〈U〉輸送,運送,輸送(交通)機関(transportation) / 〈C〉(軍隊や軍需品を運ぶ)輸送船,輸送機
- (車・船・人などの)『往来,交通』,通行;(鉄道・船などによる)輸送,運輸 / 《集合的に》交通量,輸送量 / 売買,商売(trade),(特に不正な)取り引き / 運輸業,[旅客]輸送業 / (特に不正に)(…と…の)取り引きをする《+in+名+with+名》
- (おもに大洋を航行する)船,大型船 / (船の)乗組員 / 《話》飛行機,飛行船;宇宙船 / シップ型帆船 / …‘を'『船で送る』,船に積む;(郵便・鉄道・トラック・飛行機などで)…‘を'『送る』,輸送する / 〈船が〉〈波〉‘を'かぶる / 〈船具〉‘を'船に取り付ける / 乗船する;船旅をする / (…として)船で働く,船員になる《+『as』+『名』》
- (…に)…'を'『運ぶ』,運搬する《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈思想・意味など〉'を'伝達する / (…に)〈財産など〉'を'正式に譲渡する《+『名』+『to』+『名』》
- (食堂で)お持ち帰り料理 / (料理が)お持ち帰り用の
- 『自動車』(automobile)電車(streetcar) / 《米》(鉄道の)『車両』;客車,貨車 / (気球などの)かご;(エレベーターの)箱
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- "Endeavoring to Carry On Their Work": The National Debate Over Midwives and Its Impact in Rhode Island, 1890-1940.
- Caron SM1.
- Nursing history review : official journal of the American Association for the History of Nursing.Nurs Hist Rev.2017;25(1):26-53. doi: 10.1891/1062-8061.25.26.
- This article analyzes the national discourse over "the problem" of midwifery in medical literature and examines the impact of this dialogue on Rhode Island from 1890 to 1940. Doctors did not speak as a monolithic bloc on this "problem": some blamed midwives while others impugned poorly trained physi
- PMID 27502612
- Biocide and antibiotic resistance of Enterococcus faecalis and Enterococcus faecium isolated from the swine meat chain.
- Rizzotti L1, Rossi F2, Torriani S1.
- Food microbiology.Food Microbiol.2016 Dec;60:160-4. doi: 10.1016/j.fm.2016.07.009. Epub 2016 Jul 31.
- In this study nine strains of Enterococcus faecalis and 12 strains of Enterococcus faecium, isolated from different sample types in the swine meat chain and previously characterized for the presence of antibiotic resistance genes, were examined for phenotypic tolerance to seven biocides (chlorexidin
- PMID 27554158
- Health insurance subscription among women in reproductive age in Ghana: do socio-demographics matter?
- Amu H1, Dickson KS2.
- Health economics review.Health Econ Rev.2016 Dec;6(1):24. doi: 10.1186/s13561-016-0102-x. Epub 2016 Jun 21.
- BACKGROUND: Premised that health insurance schemes in Africa have only been introduced recently and continue evolving, various concerns have been raised regarding their effectiveness in improving utilisation of orthodox health care and the reduction of out-of-pocket expenditures for their population
- PMID 27325249
- Clinical phenotypes of obstructive airway diseases in an outpatient population.
- Rootmensen G1,2, van Keimpema A3, Zwinderman A4, Sterk P1.
- The Journal of asthma : official journal of the Association for the Care of Asthma.J Asthma.2016 Dec;53(10):1026-32. doi: 10.3109/02770903.2016.1174258. Epub 2016 Jul 1.
- BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: Historically, obstructive airway diseases such as asthma and COPD are classified as different diseases. Although the definitions are clearly described, classification of patients into these traditional, clinical disease entity can be difficult. Recent evidence that there a
- PMID 27366830
- carry 【自動】 運ぶ、持っていく 〔声などが〕伝わる、届く【文例】 投票が行わ... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- しっかり積めて、積み降ろしもしやすい。スズキ 商用車 キャリイの車種情報ページです。商用車 キャリイの様々な情報がご覧いただけます。 ... メールマガジンにご登録いただくことで、スズキの最新情報や便利なサービスなどの ...
- CARRYは池袋駅徒歩3分。モデルやブロガーからも支持を受けるヘア＆ネイルサロンです ... モデルやブロガーのスタイルも手掛けるCARRYスタイリストがギャルヘアからナチュラルヘアまで貴方の「なりたい」を叶えます。
- deforestation、desertification、environmental protection、natural resource、recycling、sustainable development
- abort、abortion、abortive、miscarriage、spontaneous abortion
- carry over
- automobile、motor vehicle