- use to ones advantage; "She plays on her clients emotions"
- engage in an activity as if it were a game rather than take it seriously; "They played games on their opponents"; "play the stock market"; "play with her feelings"; "toy with an idea" (同)toy
- a state in which action is feasible; "the ball was still in play"; "insiders said the companys stock was in play"
- exhaust by allowing to pull on the line; "play a hooked fish"
- activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; "Freud believed in the utility of play to a small child" (同)child''s play
- gay or light-hearted recreational activity for diversion or amusement; "it was all done in play"; "their frolic in the surf threatened to become ugly" (同)frolic, romp, gambol, caper
- the act using a sword (or other weapon) vigorously and skillfully (同)swordplay
- a preset plan of action in team sports; "the coach drew up the plays for her team"
- utilization or exercise; "the play of the imagination"
- a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage; "he wrote several plays but only one was produced on Broadway" (同)drama, dramatic play
- a theatrical performance of a drama; "the play lasted two hours"
- engage in recreational activities rather than work; occupy oneself in a diversion; "On weekends I play"; "The students all recreate alike" (同)recreate
- cause to emit recorded audio or video; "They ran the tapes over and over again"; "Ill play you my favorite record"; "He never tires of playing that video" (同)run
- replay (as a melody); "Play it again, Sam"; "She played the third movement very beautifully" (同)spiel
- act or have an effect in a specified way or with a specific effect or outcome; "This factor played only a minor part in his decision"; "This development played into her hands"; "I played no role in your dismissal"
- be at play; be engaged in playful activity; amuse oneself in a way characteristic of children; "The kids were playing outside all day"; "I used to play with trucks as a little girl"
- be performed or presented for public viewing; "Whats playing in the local movie theater?"; "`Cats has been playing on Broadway for many years"
- be received or accepted or interpreted in a specific way; "This speech didnt play well with the American public"; "His remarks played to the suspicions of the committee"
- behave in a certain way; "play safe"; "play it safe"; "play fair"
- bet or wager (money); "He played $20 on the new horse"; "She plays the races"
- cause to move or operate freely within a bounded space; "The engine has a wheel that is playing in a rack"
- discharge or direct or be discharged or directed as if in a continuous stream; "play water from a hose"; "The fountains played all day"
- emit recorded sound; "The tape was playing for hours"; "the stereo was playing Beethoven when I entered"
- employ in a game or in a specific position; "They played him on first base"
- make bets; "Play the races"; "play the casinos in Trouville"
- move or seem to move quickly, lightly, or irregularly; "The spotlights played on the politicians"
- participate in games or sport; "We played hockey all afternoon"; "play cards"; "Pele played for the Brazilian teams in many important matches"
- perform music on (a musical instrument); "He plays the flute"; "Can you play on this old recorder?"
- perform on a certain location; "The prodigy played Carnegie Hall at the age of 16"; "She has been playing on Broadway for years"
- play on an instrument; "The band played all night long"
- pretend to be somebody in the framework of a game or playful activity; "Lets play like I am mommy"; "Play cowboy and Indians"
- put (a card or piece) into play during a game, or act strategically as if in a card game; "He is playing his cards close to his chest"; "The Democrats still have some cards to play before they will concede the electoral victory"
- shoot or hit in a particular manner; "She played a good backhand last night"
- use or move; "I had to play my queen"
- put the ball into play; "It was Agassis turn to serve"
- (sports) a stroke that puts the ball in play; "his powerful serves won the game" (同)service
- work for or be a servant to; "May I serve you?"; "She attends the old lady in the wheelchair"; "Can you wait on our table, please?"; "Is a salesperson assisting you?"; "The minister served the King for many years" (同)attend_to, wait on, attend, assist
- spend time in prison or in a labor camp; "He did six years for embezzlement" (同)do
- serve a purpose, role, or function; "The tree stump serves as a table"; "The female students served as a control group"; "This table would serve very well"; "His freedom served him well"; "The table functions as a desk" (同)function
- help to some food; help with food or drink; "I served him three times, and after that he helped himself" (同)help
- deliver a warrant or summons to someone; "He was processed by the sheriff" (同)process, swear out
- provide (usually but not necessarily food); "We serve meals for the homeless"; "She dished out the soup at 8 P.M."; "The entertainers served up a lively show" (同)serve up, dish out, dish up, dish
- promote, benefit, or be useful or beneficial to; "Art serves commerce"; "Their interests are served"; "The lake serves recreation"; "The Presidents wisdom has served the country well" (同)serve well
- mate with; "male animals serve the females for breeding purposes" (同)service
- contribute or conduce to; "The scandal served to increase his popularity"
- devote (part of) ones life or efforts to, as of countries, institutions, or ideas; "She served the art of music"; "He served the church"; "serve the country"
- do duty or hold offices; serve in a specific function; "He served as head of the department for three years"; "She served in Congress for two terms"
- do military service; "She served in Vietnam"; "My sons never served, because they are short-sighted"
- to gain with effort; "she achieved her goal despite setbacks" (同)accomplish, attain, reach
- 〈おもに子供が〉(…をして)『遊ぶ』,戯れる《『+at+名(doing)』》 / 『競技(試合)をする』;かけ事をする / 《状態を表す副詞を伴って》勝負する / (劇・映画・テレビで)『演ずる』,役をする / (劇場・テレビで)上演される;〈台本が〉上演できる / (楽器を)『演奏する』《『+on(upon)+名』》 / 〈楽器・音楽が〉演奏される,〈レコード・ラジオなどが〉鳴る / 〈人・動物,木の葉・炎,光・色彩などが〉遊び戯れるように動き回る / 〈水・砲火などが〉(…に)続けざまに放射する《『+on(upon)+名』》 / 〈機械の一部が〉自由に動く / (…と)浮気をする《+『around』(《英》『about』)『with』+『名』》 / (…と)〈競技・ゲーム〉‘を'『する』《+『名』〈競技・ゲーム〉+『with』+『名』》 / 〈人・チーム〉‘と'『試合する』,勝負する / 〈金〉‘を'かける;〈競走馬など〉‘に'かける / (競技・試合で)…‘の'ポジションを守る / (競技・勝負で)〈選手〉‘を'起用する,〈カードなど〉‘を'出す / …‘の'『まねをして遊ぶ』,…ごっこをする / 〈役〉‘を'『演ずる』,…‘の'役を演じる / (実生活で)…‘の'『役割を務める』,…らしくふるまう;…‘に'なりすます / 〈劇など〉‘を'公演する;〈ある場所〉‘で'興行する / 〈いたずら・詐欺など〉‘を'『働く』,しかける / 〈楽器〉‘を'『演奏する』,ひく;〈レコード・ラジオ〉‘を'かける / 〈楽曲〉‘を'『演奏する』,かける / (…に)〈水・砲火・光など〉‘を'続けざまに浴びせる《『+名+on(over, along)+名』》 / 〈C〉『演劇』,芝居;『戯曲』,脚本 / 〈U〉『遊び』,遊戯 / 〈U〉冗談,戯れ,ふざけ(fun, jest) / 〈U〉『競技』,試合;かけ事 / 〈C〉(競技での個々の)動き,プレー;〈U〉競技の番 / 〈U〉試合ぶり;(一般に)行動,行為 / 〈U〉〈C〉遊び戯れるような軽快な動き / 〈U〉(思考力などの)豆き;(機械などの)活動 / 〈U〉動きの自由;(機械の)あそび
- 〈人が〉〈人〉‘に'『仕える』,‘の'役に立つ;〈社会など〉‘に'尽くす / 〈神・君主など〉‘に'仕える,服従する / (公職・兵役などで)〈ある期間〉‘を'『勤める』,〈判決・刑罰など〉‘に'『服する』 / 〈要求など〉‘を'満たす,〈目的など〉‘に'かなう / 〈物が〉(…として)〈人〉‘の'役に立つ《+『名』〈人〉+『as』(『for』)+『名』》 / 〈食事・飲物など〉‘を'出す,〈人〉‘に'配膳する / (規則的にまたは引き続いて)(…を)…‘に'供給する《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (テニス・バレーなどで)〈ボール〉‘を'サーブする / (人に)〈令状など〉‘を'送達する《+『名』+『on』+『名』〈人〉》;(令状などを)〈人〉‘に'送達する《+『名』〈人〉+『with』+『名』》 / (また『service』)〈動物が〉…‘と'交尾する / (…として…のもとで)『仕える』,勤務する《+『under』(『at, on』)+『名』+『as』+『名』》 / 『役立つ』,利用できる / 『給仕をする』,食事をすすめる / 〈天候・時間などが〉都合がよい / (テニスなどで)ボールをサーブする / (テニスなどの)サープ[の番],サープの仕方
- 〈目標など〉'を'『達成する』,‘に'到達する / 〈勝利・名声・地位など〉'を'獲得する,勝ち取る
- 〈目的・望みなど〉'を'『達成する』,獲得する(gain, accomplish) / 〈高い所・ある年齢など〉‘に'『達する』(reach, come to) / (努力して)(…に)到達する《+『to』+『名』》
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- 臨床での実践を見すえて,「看護研究」教育が基礎教育で果たす役割 (特集 「看護研究」で実践力を鍛える)
- 消費社会を生んだ駅の進化と新しいマーケティング発想 : プラットフォーム機能を果たすことでますます高まる集客力 (特集 「駅中心社会」の特性と最新事情)
- 病院における認知症者の家族への支援 (特集 認知症者が居心地よく暮らせる社会に向けて : 病院看護職が果たす役割)
- 果たすで始まる言葉の辞書すべての検索結果。はたす【果（た）す】,はたす【果たす】,はたす【果たす】,はたす【果たす】 - goo辞書は無料で使える日本最大級の辞書サービスです。
- はたす【果（た）す】とは。意味や解説、類語。[動サ五（四）]1 物事を成し遂げる。「約束を―・す」「望みを―・す」2 その立場としての仕事をみごとにやってのける。「指導的役割を―・す」3 命を終わらせる。殺す。