- use to ones advantage; "She plays on her clients emotions"
- engage in an activity as if it were a game rather than take it seriously; "They played games on their opponents"; "play the stock market"; "play with her feelings"; "toy with an idea" (同)toy
- a state in which action is feasible; "the ball was still in play"; "insiders said the companys stock was in play"
- exhaust by allowing to pull on the line; "play a hooked fish"
- activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; "Freud believed in the utility of play to a small child" (同)child''s play
- gay or light-hearted recreational activity for diversion or amusement; "it was all done in play"; "their frolic in the surf threatened to become ugly" (同)frolic, romp, gambol, caper
- the act using a sword (or other weapon) vigorously and skillfully (同)swordplay
- a preset plan of action in team sports; "the coach drew up the plays for her team"
- utilization or exercise; "the play of the imagination"
- a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage; "he wrote several plays but only one was produced on Broadway" (同)drama, dramatic play
- a theatrical performance of a drama; "the play lasted two hours"
- engage in recreational activities rather than work; occupy oneself in a diversion; "On weekends I play"; "The students all recreate alike" (同)recreate
- cause to emit recorded audio or video; "They ran the tapes over and over again"; "Ill play you my favorite record"; "He never tires of playing that video" (同)run
- replay (as a melody); "Play it again, Sam"; "She played the third movement very beautifully" (同)spiel
- act or have an effect in a specified way or with a specific effect or outcome; "This factor played only a minor part in his decision"; "This development played into her hands"; "I played no role in your dismissal"
- be at play; be engaged in playful activity; amuse oneself in a way characteristic of children; "The kids were playing outside all day"; "I used to play with trucks as a little girl"
- be performed or presented for public viewing; "Whats playing in the local movie theater?"; "`Cats has been playing on Broadway for many years"
- be received or accepted or interpreted in a specific way; "This speech didnt play well with the American public"; "His remarks played to the suspicions of the committee"
- behave in a certain way; "play safe"; "play it safe"; "play fair"
- bet or wager (money); "He played $20 on the new horse"; "She plays the races"
- cause to move or operate freely within a bounded space; "The engine has a wheel that is playing in a rack"
- discharge or direct or be discharged or directed as if in a continuous stream; "play water from a hose"; "The fountains played all day"
- emit recorded sound; "The tape was playing for hours"; "the stereo was playing Beethoven when I entered"
- employ in a game or in a specific position; "They played him on first base"
- make bets; "Play the races"; "play the casinos in Trouville"
- move or seem to move quickly, lightly, or irregularly; "The spotlights played on the politicians"
- participate in games or sport; "We played hockey all afternoon"; "play cards"; "Pele played for the Brazilian teams in many important matches"
- perform music on (a musical instrument); "He plays the flute"; "Can you play on this old recorder?"
- perform on a certain location; "The prodigy played Carnegie Hall at the age of 16"; "She has been playing on Broadway for years"
- play on an instrument; "The band played all night long"
- pretend to be somebody in the framework of a game or playful activity; "Lets play like I am mommy"; "Play cowboy and Indians"
- put (a card or piece) into play during a game, or act strategically as if in a card game; "He is playing his cards close to his chest"; "The Democrats still have some cards to play before they will concede the electoral victory"
- shoot or hit in a particular manner; "She played a good backhand last night"
- use or move; "I had to play my queen"
- put the ball into play; "It was Agassis turn to serve"
- (sports) a stroke that puts the ball in play; "his powerful serves won the game" (同)service
- work for or be a servant to; "May I serve you?"; "She attends the old lady in the wheelchair"; "Can you wait on our table, please?"; "Is a salesperson assisting you?"; "The minister served the King for many years" (同)attend_to, wait on, attend, assist
- spend time in prison or in a labor camp; "He did six years for embezzlement" (同)do
- serve a purpose, role, or function; "The tree stump serves as a table"; "The female students served as a control group"; "This table would serve very well"; "His freedom served him well"; "The table functions as a desk" (同)function
- help to some food; help with food or drink; "I served him three times, and after that he helped himself" (同)help
- deliver a warrant or summons to someone; "He was processed by the sheriff" (同)process, swear out
- provide (usually but not necessarily food); "We serve meals for the homeless"; "She dished out the soup at 8 P.M."; "The entertainers served up a lively show" (同)serve up, dish out, dish up, dish
- promote, benefit, or be useful or beneficial to; "Art serves commerce"; "Their interests are served"; "The lake serves recreation"; "The Presidents wisdom has served the country well" (同)serve well
- mate with; "male animals serve the females for breeding purposes" (同)service
- contribute or conduce to; "The scandal served to increase his popularity"
- devote (part of) ones life or efforts to, as of countries, institutions, or ideas; "She served the art of music"; "He served the church"; "serve the country"
- do duty or hold offices; serve in a specific function; "He served as head of the department for three years"; "She served in Congress for two terms"
- do military service; "She served in Vietnam"; "My sons never served, because they are short-sighted"
- to gain with effort; "she achieved her goal despite setbacks" (同)accomplish, attain, reach
- plaything consisting of a small model of a house that children can play inside of (同)wendy house
- play a card lower than (a held high card)
- a disposition to find (or make) causes for amusement; "her playfulness surprised me"; "he was fun to be with" (同)fun
- the act of playing a musical instrument
- the action of taking part in a game or sport or other recreation
- (of games) engaged in; "the loosely played game"
- 〈おもに子供が〉(…をして)『遊ぶ』,戯れる《『+at+名(doing)』》 / 『競技(試合)をする』;かけ事をする / 《状態を表す副詞を伴って》勝負する / (劇・映画・テレビで)『演ずる』,役をする / (劇場・テレビで)上演される;〈台本が〉上演できる / (楽器を)『演奏する』《『+on(upon)+名』》 / 〈楽器・音楽が〉演奏される,〈レコード・ラジオなどが〉鳴る / 〈人・動物,木の葉・炎,光・色彩などが〉遊び戯れるように動き回る / 〈水・砲火などが〉(…に)続けざまに放射する《『+on(upon)+名』》 / 〈機械の一部が〉自由に動く / (…と)浮気をする《+『around』(《英》『about』)『with』+『名』》 / (…と)〈競技・ゲーム〉‘を'『する』《+『名』〈競技・ゲーム〉+『with』+『名』》 / 〈人・チーム〉‘と'『試合する』,勝負する / 〈金〉‘を'かける;〈競走馬など〉‘に'かける / (競技・試合で)…‘の'ポジションを守る / (競技・勝負で)〈選手〉‘を'起用する,〈カードなど〉‘を'出す / …‘の'『まねをして遊ぶ』,…ごっこをする / 〈役〉‘を'『演ずる』,…‘の'役を演じる / (実生活で)…‘の'『役割を務める』,…らしくふるまう;…‘に'なりすます / 〈劇など〉‘を'公演する;〈ある場所〉‘で'興行する / 〈いたずら・詐欺など〉‘を'『働く』,しかける / 〈楽器〉‘を'『演奏する』,ひく;〈レコード・ラジオ〉‘を'かける / 〈楽曲〉‘を'『演奏する』,かける / (…に)〈水・砲火・光など〉‘を'続けざまに浴びせる《『+名+on(over, along)+名』》 / 〈C〉『演劇』,芝居;『戯曲』,脚本 / 〈U〉『遊び』,遊戯 / 〈U〉冗談,戯れ,ふざけ(fun, jest) / 〈U〉『競技』,試合;かけ事 / 〈C〉(競技での個々の)動き,プレー;〈U〉競技の番 / 〈U〉試合ぶり;(一般に)行動,行為 / 〈U〉〈C〉遊び戯れるような軽快な動き / 〈U〉(思考力などの)豆き;(機械などの)活動 / 〈U〉動きの自由;(機械の)あそび
- 〈人が〉〈人〉‘に'『仕える』,‘の'役に立つ;〈社会など〉‘に'尽くす / 〈神・君主など〉‘に'仕える,服従する / (公職・兵役などで)〈ある期間〉‘を'『勤める』,〈判決・刑罰など〉‘に'『服する』 / 〈要求など〉‘を'満たす,〈目的など〉‘に'かなう / 〈物が〉(…として)〈人〉‘の'役に立つ《+『名』〈人〉+『as』(『for』)+『名』》 / 〈食事・飲物など〉‘を'出す,〈人〉‘に'配膳する / (規則的にまたは引き続いて)(…を)…‘に'供給する《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (テニス・バレーなどで)〈ボール〉‘を'サーブする / (人に)〈令状など〉‘を'送達する《+『名』+『on』+『名』〈人〉》;(令状などを)〈人〉‘に'送達する《+『名』〈人〉+『with』+『名』》 / (また『service』)〈動物が〉…‘と'交尾する / (…として…のもとで)『仕える』,勤務する《+『under』(『at, on』)+『名』+『as』+『名』》 / 『役立つ』,利用できる / 『給仕をする』,食事をすすめる / 〈天候・時間などが〉都合がよい / (テニスなどで)ボールをサーブする / (テニスなどの)サープ[の番],サープの仕方
- 〈目標など〉'を'『達成する』,‘に'到達する / 〈勝利・名声・地位など〉'を'獲得する,勝ち取る
- 〈目的・望みなど〉'を'『達成する』,獲得する(gain, accomplish) / 〈高い所・ある年齢など〉‘に'『達する』(reach, come to) / (努力して)(…に)到達する《+『to』+『名』》
- 劇場 / (中で遊べるようになった)子供の家 / おもちゃの家
- 〈役〉‘を'押えて演じる;〈場面など〉‘を'控え目に表現する / 控え目に演技する
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Oxidative Stress, Synaptic Dysfunction, and Alzheimer's Disease.
- Tönnies E1, Trushina E1,2.
- Journal of Alzheimer's disease : JAD.J Alzheimers Dis.2017 Dec 3. doi: 10.3233/JAD-161088. [Epub ahead of print]
- Alzheimer's disease (AD) is a devastating neurodegenerative disorder without a cure. Most AD cases are sporadic where age represents the greatest risk factor. Lack of understanding of the disease mechanism hinders the development of efficacious therapeutic approaches. The loss of synapses in the aff
- PMID 28059794
- Descriptive Characteristics of Concussions in National Football League Games, 2010-2011 to 2013-2014.
- Clark MD1,2, Asken BM3, Marshall SW1,4,5, Guskiewicz KM1,2,4.
- The American journal of sports medicine.Am J Sports Med.2017 Dec 1:363546516677793. doi: 10.1177/0363546516677793. [Epub ahead of print]
- BACKGROUND: Despite a high reported incidence rate of concussion, little is known about the on-field characteristics of injurious head impacts in National Football League (NFL) games.PURPOSE: To characterize on-field features (location, player position, and time during game) and biomechanical featur
- PMID 28056179
- Comparison of microbial communities from different Jinhua ham factories.
- Ge Q1,2, Gu Y2, Zhang W3, Yin Y2, Yu H2, Wu M2, Wang Z2, Zhou G1.
- AMB Express.AMB Express.2017 Dec;7(1):37. doi: 10.1186/s13568-017-0334-0. Epub 2017 Feb 13.
- Microbes in different aged workshops play important roles in the flavor formation of Jinhua ham. However, microbial diversity, community structure and age related changes in workshops are poorly understood. The microbial community structure and diversity in Jinhua ham produced in factories that have
- PMID 28194743
- New insights into the tonifying kidney-yin herbs and formulas for the treatment of osteoporosis.
- He JB1, Chen MH2, Lin DK3.
- Archives of osteoporosis.Arch Osteoporos.2017 Dec;12(1):14. doi: 10.1007/s11657-016-0301-4. Epub 2017 Jan 26.
- Osteoporosis is characterized by an increasing osseous fragility and fracture resulting from the low mass and deteriorated microarchitecture in the bone tissue. The hormone replacement therapy and alendronate were frequently used to treat osteoporosis as the primary therapeutic strategy, but their a
- PMID 28127706
- De novo non-synonymous TBL1XR1 mutation alters Wnt signaling activity
- Simulations of Model Microswimmers with Fully Resolved Hydrodynamics
- Soymilk Improves Muscle Weakness in Young Ovariectomized Female Mice
- Critical role of glioma-associated oncogene homolog 1 in maintaining invasive and mesenchymal-like properties of melanoma cells
- Download Play-1.2.3, the latest production ready release. ... Read the Play framework overview, work through the tutorial, and browse the documentation. ... The Play framework makes it easier to build Web applications with Java and Scala ...
- Play.com - Buy DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, Video Games, Clothing, Toys, Gadgets, Electronics and more. With great prices and free delivery to the UK and Europe, shop now on Play.com for movies, games, music, clothes, gifts and much more.
- Welcome to the new Play for Japan website. The new design is still under construction so we apologise for any problems which may occur with your browser versions. Please note this site has been built with HTML5 so make sure your browser ...
- demonstrate、demonstration、denote、depict、exhibit、exhibition、give、indicate、indication、indicative、label、point out、present、reflect、representation、show、signify、suggest