- of the field of academic study in which one concentrates or specializes; "his major field was mathematics"
- a commissioned military officer in the United States Army or Air Force or Marines; below lieutenant colonel and above captain
- a university student who is studying a particular field as the principal subject; "she is a linguistics major"
- the principal field of study of a student at a university; "her major is linguistics"
- greater in number or size or amount; "a major portion (a majority) of the population"; "Ursa Major"; "a major portion of the winnings"
- greater in scope or effect; "a major contribution"; "a major improvement"; "a major break with tradition"; "a major misunderstanding"
- have as ones principal field of study; "She is majoring in linguistics"
- of a scale or mode; "major scales"; "the key of D major"
- of full legal age
- of greater importance or stature or rank; "a major artist"; "a major role"; "major highways"
- of greater seriousness or danger; "a major earthquake"; "a major hurricane"; "a major illness"
- of the elder of two boys with the same family name; "Jones major"
- be or become completely proficient or skilled in; "She mastered Japanese in less than two years" (同)get the hang
- an original creation (i.e., an audio recording) from which copies can be made (同)master copy, original
- an officer who is licensed to command a merchant ship (同)captain, sea_captain, skipper
- an authority qualified to teach apprentices (同)professional
- directs the work of others
- someone who holds a masters degree from academic institution
- have a firm understanding or knowledge of; be on top of; "Do you control these data?" (同)control
- being or denoting a numerical quantity but not order; "cardinal numbers"
- crested thick-billed North American finch having bright red plumage in the male (同)cardinal grosbeak, Richmondena Cardinalis, Cardinalis cardinalis, redbird
- a variable color averaging a vivid red (同)carmine
- (Roman Catholic Church) one of a group of more than 100 prominent bishops in the Sacred College who advise the Pope and elect new Popes
- serving as an essential component; "a cardinal rule"; "the central cause of the problem"; "an example that was fundamental to the argument"; "computers are fundamental to modern industrial structure" (同)central, fundamental, key, primal
- of first rank or importance or value; direct and immediate rather than secondary; "primary goals"; "a primary effect"; "primary sources"; "a primary interest"
- a preliminary election where delegates or nominees are chosen (同)primary_election
- one of the main flight feathers projecting along the outer edge of a birds wing (同)primary feather, primary quill
- (astronomy) a celestial body (especially a star) relative to other objects in orbit around it
- not derived from or reducible to something else; basic; "a primary instinct"
- of force; of the greatest possible intensity; "by main strength"
- a principal pipe in a system that distributes water or gas or electricity or that collects sewage
- any very large body of (salt) water (同)briny
- capital as contrasted with the income derived from it (同)corpus, principal sum
- the original amount of a debt on which interest is calculated
- the major party to a financial transaction at a stock exchange; buys and sells for his own account (同)dealer
- the educator who has executive authority for a school; "she sent unruly pupils to see the principal" (同)school principal, head teacher, head
- (criminal law) any person involved in a criminal offense, regardless of whether the person profits from such involvement
- 『大きい』(『多い』)『ほうの』,いっそう重要な / (音階が)長調の,長音階の / 《英》《昔の学校で同姓または兄弟生徒を区別するために姓の後につけて》年長の,兄の / 《しばしばM-》陸軍(空軍)少佐 / 《米》専攻科目;専攻学生 / 《the majors》《米》=major leagues / (科目を)専攻する《+『in』+『名』》
- 〈C〉『主人』,支配者(人),雇主;(動物の)飼い主 / 〈C〉(…を)自由に駆使できる人,如理する能力のある人《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉(…の)『大家』,『名人』,精通者;師匠《+『of』(『in, at』)+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈C〉(商船の)船長 / 〈C〉(学校の男の)『先生』 / 《the M-, our M-》主キリスト(Jesus Christ) / 〈C〉《しばしばM-》修士;修士号 / 〈U〉《M-》《古》…様 / 〈C〉(レコードなどの)原盤,金型,(フイル専の)原板,ネガ / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》 / 一本立ちで仕事のできる職人の,自営の / 主要な,最上の / 腕のいい,名人の,達人の / (機械・レコードなどの)親になる,元になる / 〈人・物〉‘を'『征服する』,支配する;〈感情・欲望〉‘を'『抑える』 / 〈特技・技術など〉‘を'修得する,‘に'熟達する
- 『基本的な』;主要な / 深紅(しんこう)色の / 〈C〉枢機卿(教皇の最高顧問;その数は70人で深紅色の衣装をまとう) / 〈U〉深紅色 / 〈C〉=cardinal number / (また『cardinal bird』)〈C〉(北米産の)ショウジョウコウカンチョウ
- 『第一の』,『主要な』 / 『初期の』,『初等の』,初級の / 『根本的な』,基本的な,本来の,直接的な / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》(回路・コイル・巻き・電流などが)一次の / 原色(三原色の一つ) / 《米》=primary election
- 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》『おもな,主要な』 / 〈C〉《通例複数形で》(水道・ガスなどの)本管;主電線;(鉄道の)本線,幹線 / 〈U〉《the~》《詩》大海,大海原(おおうなばら)
- (重要性・地位・価値などが)『第1の』;おもな,主要な / 『長』,かしら;重要人物,主役 / 《しばしばP-》(小・中学校,高校の)『校長』;(特に《英》でcollegeの)学長,(時に)学寮長 / 《単数形で》(interest(利子),revenue(運用収益)と区別して)『元金』,基本財産
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Molecular characterisation of waxy corn and barley starches in different solvent systems as revealed by MALLS.
- Naguleswaran S1, Vasanthan T2, Hoover R3, Chen L1, Bressler D1.Author information 1Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2P5, Canada.2Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2P5, Canada. Electronic address: email@example.comDepartment of Biochemistry, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, Newfoundland A1B 3X9, Canada.AbstractThe effect of different dissolution procedures on molecular characteristics of waxy starches from corn and barley were evaluated using a MALLS (batch-mode) detector, principally to understand the role played by different solvents. Starches were dissolved in aqueous solutions of: (1) 90% DMSO, (2) 2 M KOH and (3) 90% DMSO/2 M KOH, and stored for 15 days at ∼22 °C with shaking. Weight-average molecular weight (Mw) and z-average radius of gyration (Rz) were determined at intervals ranging from 0 to 15 days. Regardless of starch source and dissolution procedures, Mw and Rz of amylopectin (AP) decreased with increasing storage time. Decrease in Mw followed the order: 90% DMSO>2 M KOH>90% DMSO/2 M KOH. However, decrease in Rz followed the order: 2 M KOH>90% DMSO/2 M KOH>90% DMSO. The study indicated that starch solubilisation in 90% DMSO/2 M KOH may be a reasonable method for molecular characterisation with less AP degradation.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2014 Jun 1;152:297-9. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.11.108. Epub 2013 Nov 27.
- The effect of different dissolution procedures on molecular characteristics of waxy starches from corn and barley were evaluated using a MALLS (batch-mode) detector, principally to understand the role played by different solvents. Starches were dissolved in aqueous solutions of: (1) 90% DMSO, (2) 2
- PMID 24444940
- Technical improvement of total pharyngo-laryngo-esophagectomy for esophageal cancer and head and neck cancer.
- Morita M1, Saeki H, Ito S, Ikeda K, Yamashita N, Ando K, Hiyoshi Y, Ida S, Tokunaga E, Uchiyama H, Oki E, Ikeda T, Yoshida S, Nakashima T, Maehara Y.Author information 1Department of Surgery and Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan, firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractPURPOSE: Total pharyngo-laryngo-esophagectomy (PLE) is highly invasive, and the subsequent reconstruction is difficult. The purpose of this study was to clarify the techniques that can decrease the surgical stress and allow for safe reconstruction after this operation.
- Annals of surgical oncology.Ann Surg Oncol.2014 May;21(5):1671-7. doi: 10.1245/s10434-013-3453-0. Epub 2014 Jan 6.
- PURPOSE: Total pharyngo-laryngo-esophagectomy (PLE) is highly invasive, and the subsequent reconstruction is difficult. The purpose of this study was to clarify the techniques that can decrease the surgical stress and allow for safe reconstruction after this operation.METHODS: The surgical method an
- PMID 24390709
- Loss of Bak enhances lymphocytosis but does not ameliorate thrombocytopaenia in BCL-2 transgenic mice.
- Vandenberg CJ, Josefsson EC, Campbell KJ, James C, Lawlor KE, Kile BT, Cory S.Author information 1] Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Melbourne, Victoria 3052, Australia  Department of Medical Biology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia.AbstractBax and Bak are critical effectors of apoptosis. Although both are widely expressed and usually functionally redundant, recent studies suggest that Bak has particular importance in certain cell types. Genetic and biochemical studies indicate that Bak activation is prevented primarily by Mcl-1 and Bcl-xL, whereas Bax is held in check by all pro-survival Bcl-2 homologues, including Bcl-2 itself. In this study, we have investigated whether loss of Bak or elevated Mcl-1 modulates haemopoietic abnormalities provoked by overexpression of Bcl-2. The Mcl-1 transgene had little impact, probably because the expression level was insufficient to effectively reduce Bak activation. However, loss of Bak enhanced lymphocytosis in vavP-BCL-2 transgenic mice and increased resistance of their thymocytes to some cytotoxic agents, implying that Bak-specific signals can be triggered in certain lymphoid populations. Nevertheless, lack of Bak had no significant impact on thymic abnormalities in vavP-BCL-2tg mice, which kinetic analysis suggested was due to accumulation of self-reactive thymocytes that resist deletion. Intriguingly, although Bak(-/-) mice have elevated platelet counts, Bak(-/-)vavP-BCL-2 mice, like vavP-BCL-2 littermates, were thrombocytopaenic. To clarify why, the vavP-BCL-2 platelet phenotype was scrutinised more closely. Platelet life span was found to be elevated in vavP-BCL-2 mice, which should have provoked thrombocytosis, as in Bak(-/-) mice. Analysis of bone marrow chimaeric mice suggested the low platelet phenotype was due principally to extrinsic factors. Following splenectomy, blood platelets remained lower in vavP-BCL-2 than wild-type mice. However, in Rag1(-/-) BCL-2tg mice, platelet levels were normal, implying that elevated lymphocytes are primarily responsible for BCL-2tg-induced thrombocytopaenia.
- Cell death and differentiation.Cell Death Differ.2014 May;21(5):676-84. doi: 10.1038/cdd.2013.201. Epub 2014 Jan 24.
- Bax and Bak are critical effectors of apoptosis. Although both are widely expressed and usually functionally redundant, recent studies suggest that Bak has particular importance in certain cell types. Genetic and biochemical studies indicate that Bak activation is prevented primarily by Mcl-1 and Bc
- PMID 24464220
- Comprehensive Analysis of the Fungal Microbiota of the Human External Auditory Canal Using Pyrosequencing
- Expression of the CLE-RS3 gene suppresses root nodulation in Lotus japonicas
- LY6E: A conductor of malignant tumor growth through modulation of the PTEN/PI3K/Akt/HIF-1 axis
- Antihistamines act principally by blocking the action of histamine at receptors located on the blood vessels in the nose. Energy waves can be redirected or even split by several methods, principally refraction or mirroring. And a lack ...
- principallyとは。意味や和訳。[副]主に，主として；たいていa musician principally known for his compositions主に作曲で知られる音楽家. - goo英和辞書は14万項目以上を収録し、発音、音声、慣用句、例文が分かる英和辞書です。
- basic、basically、cardinal number、chief、elemental、essential、essentially、foremost、fundamental、fundamentally、main、mainly、major、master、primarily、primary、principal、principally
- cardinal、chief、chiefly、foremost、in itself、main、mainly、major、master、mostly、original、originally、predominant、predominantly、primary、principal、principally、proper