- spend (significant amounts of money); "He has money to burn"
- pain that feels hot as if it were on fire (同)burning
- undergo combustion; "Maple wood burns well" (同)combust
- destroy by fire; "They burned the house and his diaries" (同)fire, burn_down
- cause to undergo combustion; "burn garbage"; "The car burns only Diesel oil" (同)incinerate
- an injury caused by exposure to heat or chemicals or radiation
- burn with heat, fire, or radiation; "The iron burnt a hole in my dress"
- a place or area that has been burned (especially on a persons body) (同)burn mark
- damage inflicted by fire
- cause to burn or combust; "The sun burned off the fog"; "We combust coal and other fossil fuels" (同)combust
- shine intensely, as if with heat; "The coals were glowing in the dark"; "The candles were burning" (同)glow
- burn at the stake; "Witches were burned in Salem"
- feel hot or painful; "My eyes are burning"
- feel strong emotion, especially anger or passion; "She was burning with anger"; "He was burning to try out his new skies"
- of immediate import; "burning issues of the day"
- execution by fire (同)burning at the stake
- the act of burning something; "the burning of leaves was prohibited by a town ordinance" (同)combustion
- a form of torture in which cigarettes or cigars or other hot implements are used to burn the victims skin
- the point or degree to which something extends; "the extent of the damage"; "the full extent of the law"; "to a certain extent she was right"
- the distance or area or volume over which something extends; "the vast extent of the desert"; "an orchard of considerable extent"
- destroyed or badly damaged by fire; "a row of burned houses"; "a charred bit of burnt wood"; "a burned-over site in the forest"; "barricaded the street with burnt-out cars" (同)burnt, burned-over, burned-out, burnt-out
- ruined by overcooking; "she served us underdone bacon and burnt biscuits" (同)burnt
- treated by heating to a high temperature but below the melting or fusing point; "burnt sienna" (同)burnt
- 〈火・家などが〉『燃える』,『焼ける』 / (火や熱によって)『焦げる』,日焼けする / 『光』(『熱』)『を出す』 / (…で)熱さを感じる,ほてる《+『with』+『名』》 / (愛憎などで)燃える,かっかとなる《+『with』+『名』》 / …'を'『燃やす』,『焼く』 / …'を'焦がす;…'を'日焼けさせる / …'を'熱く感じさせる,'を'ほてらせる / …'を'燃料にする / 『やけど』;焼け焦げ / 『日焼け』 / ロケットの噴射・（CDなどに）焼く、（音楽｛おんがく｝やデータなどを）（CDなどに）焼く
- 《所有・所属》…『の』,…のものである,…に属する・《材料・要素》…『でできた』,から成る・《部分》…『の』[『中の』] ・《数量・単位・種類を表す名詞に付いて》…の・《原因・動機》…『で』,のために(because of) ・《主格関係》…『の』,による,によって・《目的格関係》…『を』,の・《同格関係》…『という』・《関係・関連》…『についての』[『の』],の点で・《抽象名詞などと共に》…の[性質をもつ] ・《『It is』+『形』+『of』+『名』+『to』 doの形で,ofの後の名詞を意味上の主語として》・《分離》…『から』・《起原・出所》…『から』[『の』](out of) ・《『名』+『of』+『a』(『an』)+『名』の形で》…のような・《『名』+『of』+『mine』(『yours, his』など独立所有格)の形で》…の…・《時》(1)《副詞句を作って》…に《形容詞句を作って》…の・《時刻》《米》…前(to,《米》before)
- 燃えている,焼けている / 燃えるように熱い;強烈な / 火急の,差し迫った
- (…の)広がり,大きさ,長さ《+『of』+『名』》 / (…の)『範囲』,限度,程度《+『of』+『名』》
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- SUBVISIBLE RETINAL LASER THERAPY: Titration Algorithm and Tissue Response.
- Lavinsky D, Sramek C, Wang J, Huie P, Dalal R, Mandel Y, Palanker D.Author information *Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University, Stanford, California; †Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Department of Ophthalmology, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil; and ‡Topcon Medical Laser Systems, Inc., Santa Clara, California.AbstractPURPOSE: Laser therapy for diabetic macular edema and other retinal diseases has been used within a wide range of laser settings: from intense burns to nondamaging exposures. However, there has been no algorithm for laser dosimetry that could determine laser parameters yielding a predictable extent of tissue damage. This multimodal imaging and structural correlation study aimed to verify and calibrate a computational model-based titration algorithm for predictable laser dosimetry ranging from nondamaging to intense coagulative tissue effects.
- Retina (Philadelphia, Pa.).Retina.2014 Jan;34(1):87-97. doi: 10.1097/IAE.0b013e3182993edc.
- PURPOSE: Laser therapy for diabetic macular edema and other retinal diseases has been used within a wide range of laser settings: from intense burns to nondamaging exposures. However, there has been no algorithm for laser dosimetry that could determine laser parameters yielding a predictable extent
- PMID 23873164
- Increased biomass burning due to the economic crisis in Greece and its adverse impact on wintertime air quality in thessaloniki.
- Saffari A, Daher N, Samara C, Voutsa D, Kouras A, Manoli E, Karagkiozidou O, Vlachokostas C, Moussiopoulos N, Shafer MM, Schauer JJ, Sioutas C.Author information Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Southern California , 3620 South Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90089, United States.AbstractThe recent economic crisis in Greece resulted in a serious wintertime air pollution episode in Thessaloniki. This air quality deterioration was mostly due to the increased price of fuel oil, conventionally used as a source of energy for domestic heating, which encouraged the residents to burn the less expensive wood/biomass during the cold season. A wintertime sampling campaign for fine particles (PM2.5) was conducted in Thessaloniki during the winters of 2012 and 2013 in an effort to quantify the extent to which the ambient air was impacted by the increased wood smoke emissions. The results indicated a 30% increase in the PM2.5 mass concentration as well as a 2-5-fold increase in the concentration of wood smoke tracers, including potassium, levoglucosan, mannosan, and galactosan. The concentrations of fuel oil tracers (e.g., Ni and V), on the other hand, declined by 20-30% during 2013 compared with 2012. Moreover, a distinct diurnal variation was observed for wood smoke tracers, with significantly higher concentrations in the evening period compared with the morning. Correlation analysis indicated a strong association between reactive oxygen species (ROS) activity and the concentrations of levoglucosan, galactosan, and potassium, underscoring the potential impact of wood smoke on PM-induced toxicity during the winter months in Thessaloniki.
- Environmental science & technology.Environ Sci Technol.2013 Dec 3;47(23):13313-20. doi: 10.1021/es403847h. Epub 2013 Nov 11.
- The recent economic crisis in Greece resulted in a serious wintertime air pollution episode in Thessaloniki. This air quality deterioration was mostly due to the increased price of fuel oil, conventionally used as a source of energy for domestic heating, which encouraged the residents to burn the le
- PMID 24187932
- Body image and noticeable self-inflicted scars.
- Dyer A, Hennrich L, Borgmann E, White AJ, Alpers GW.Author information *Department of Psychology, School of Social Sciences, and †Otto-Selz-Institut, University of Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany.AbstractScars from burn injuries have a negative influence on body image. Patients with borderline symptoms with nonsuicidal self-injuries (NSSIs), which often result in scars, report body image disturbances. We study whether the origin and characteristics of scars are associated with body image. Altogether, 125 female participants (n = 65 with NSSI) filled in multidimensional body image questionnaires. The participants with NSSI reported a significantly more negative body image on most subscales compared with the participants with scars of other origins. This result remained significant after partialling out scar characteristics from regression equations. On a scale assessing body image after injuries, a significant correlation with origin of scars was found after additionally partialling out body mass index and borderline symptoms. These results indicate that self-inflicted scars may adversely affect body image. Addressing NSSI, which is relevant in a multitude of disorders, early in treatment might help to reduce the extent of scarification and therefore reduce the disturbance of body image.
- The Journal of nervous and mental disease.J Nerv Ment Dis.2013 Dec;201(12):1080-4. doi: 10.1097/NMD.0000000000000057.
- Scars from burn injuries have a negative influence on body image. Patients with borderline symptoms with nonsuicidal self-injuries (NSSIs), which often result in scars, report body image disturbances. We study whether the origin and characteristics of scars are associated with body image. Altogether
- PMID 24284644
- 慢性創傷から発生したinvasive squamous cell carcinoma（SCC）の根治性と機能温存の検討
- 緒方 大,中浦 淳,片岡 照貴,吉川 周佐,清原 祥夫,中川 雅裕,永松 将吾,茅野 修史,小泉 卓也,松井 貴浩,桂木 容子,片桐 浩久,高木 辰哉,村田 秀樹,高橋 満
- Skin Cancer 26(1), 62-68, 2011
- 慢性創傷に続発する有棘細胞癌（以下：SCC）は緩徐に進行するため，癌の発見が遅れ，そのため発見時にはすでに進行期にあることが多いとされる。我々はこれまで慢性創傷から発生し，深部組織に浸潤したSCCを8例経験した。今回それらについての治療成績をまとめ，根治性と機能温存の可能性を検討する。 対象は2002年9月から2009年12月まで当施設で手術を行った症例8例で，男性5例，女性3例で，年齢は平均65 …
- NAID 130001480061
- 下腿 percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) により下肢切断範囲を縮小できた peripheral arterial disease (PAD), 糖尿病性壊疽の1例
- 高島 毅,佐内 透,岸 知哉,宮園 素明,池田 裕次,江頭 八千代,熊川 智恵子,佐竹 義泰,挽地 裕,上村 哲司,前田 利朗
- 日本透析医学会雑誌 = Journal of
- 症例は75歳，女性．1992年に糖尿病性腎症による末期腎不全で血液透析導入となった．これまでに4回ほど下肢低温熱傷で潰瘍形成歴があり，軟膏などの処置で治癒した．2007年3月上旬より右足趾の疼痛を自覚し，徐々に右第1，2足趾から足背にかけての壊疽が出現したため，3月27日当科紹介入院となった．感染合併に対し抗生剤投与を継続したが内科的治癒は困難であると判断した．下肢magnetic resonan …
- NAID 10029405780
- Assess Extent of Burn Measuring burn surface area is important during the initial management of people with burns to assist in estimating fluid requirements and determining need for transfer to a burns service (22). The extent of a ...
- The extent of a burn is expressed as the total percentage of body surface area (TBSA) affected by the injury. Accurate estimation of the TBSA of a burn is essential to guide management.
- extent of burn