- e-(外へ) + -licit(誘う) = 誘い出す
- Therefore, a careful history probing several features of the discomfort should be elicited.
- challenge, derive, draw, educe, elicitation, induce, induction, precipitate, provocation, provoke, spark
- derive by reason; "elicit a solution"
- write a legal document or paper; "The deed was drawn in the lawyers office"
- cause to localize at one point; "Draw blood and pus"
- flatten, stretch, or mold metal or glass, by rolling or by pulling it through a die or by stretching; "draw steel"
- steep; pass through a strainer; "draw pulp from the fruit"
- (American football) the quarterback moves back as if to pass and then hands the ball to the fullback who is running toward the line of scrimmage (同)draw play
- poker in which a player can discard cards and receive substitutes from the dealer; "he played only draw and stud" (同)draw poker
- the act of drawing or hauling something; "the haul up the hill went very slowly" (同)haul, haulage
- anything (straws or pebbles etc.) taken or chosen at random; "the luck of the draw"; "they drew lots for it" (同)lot
- a playing card or cards dealt or taken from the pack; "he got a pair of kings in the draw"
- the finish of a contest in which the score is tied and the winner is undecided; "the game ended in a draw"; "their record was 3 wins, 6 losses and a tie" (同)standoff, tie
- a gully that is shallower than a ravine
- choose at random; "draw a card"; "cast lots" (同)cast
- earn or achieve a base by being walked by the pitcher; "He drew a base on balls" (同)get
- make, formulate, or derive in the mind; "I draw a line here"; "draw a conclusion"; "draw parallels"; "make an estimate"; "What do you make of his remarks?" (同)make
- bring, take, or pull out of a container or from under a cover; "draw a weapon"; "pull out a gun"; "The mugger pulled a knife on his victim" (同)pull, pull_out, get_out, take_out
- pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him; "in the old days, people were drawn and quartered for certain crimes" (同)quarter, draw and quarter
- take liquid out of a container or well; "She drew water from the barrel" (同)take_out
- allow a draft; "This chimney draws very well"
- bring or lead someone to a certain action or condition; "She was drawn to despair"; "The President refused to be drawn into delivering an ultimatum"; "The session was drawn to a close"
- cause to flow; "The nurse drew blood"
- contract; "The material drew after it was washed in hot water"
- elicit responses, such as objections, criticism, applause, etc.; "The Presidents comments drew sharp criticism from the Republicans"; "The comedian drew a lot of laughter"
- engage in drawing; "He spent the day drawing in the garden"
- move or go steadily or gradually; "The ship drew near the shore"
- move or pull so as to cover or uncover something; "draw the shades"; "draw the curtains"
- reduce the diameter of (a wire or metal rod) by pulling it through a die; "draw wire"
- represent by making a drawing of, as with a pencil, chalk, etc. on a surface; "She drew an elephant"; "Draw me a horse"
- require a specified depth for floating; "This boat draws 70 inches"
- select or take in from a given group or region; "The participants in the experiment were drawn from a representative population"
- separate as a fine suspension of solid particles
- a precipitated solid substance in suspension or after settling or filtering
- fall from clouds; "rain, snow and sleet were falling"; "Vesuvius precipitated its fiery, destructive rage on Herculaneum" (同)come_down, fall
- bring about abruptly; "The crisis precipitated by Russias revolution"
- fall vertically, sharply, or headlong; "Our economy precipitated into complete ruin"
- hurl or throw violently; "The bridge broke and precipitated the train into the river below"
- reason or establish by induction
- cause to arise; "induce a crisis" (同)bring_on
- produce electric current by electrostatic or magnetic processes (同)induct
- cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner; "The ads induced me to buy a VCR"; "My children finally got me to buy a computer"; "My wife made me buy a new sofa" (同)stimulate, cause, have, get, make
- cause to occur rapidly; "the infection precipitated a high fever and allergic reactions" (同)stimulate, rush, hasten
- emit or produce sparks; "A high tension wire, brought down by a storm, can continue to spark" (同)sparkle
- a small but noticeable trace of some quality that might become stronger; "a spark of interest"; "a spark of decency"
- a small fragment of a burning substance thrown out by burning material or by friction
- obtain; "derive pleasure from ones garden" (同)gain
- develop or evolve from a latent or potential state (同)educe
- come from; "The present name derives from an older form"
- come from; be connected by a relationship of blood, for example; "She was descended from an old Italian noble family"; "he comes from humble origins" (同)come, descend
- not appropriate in application; defective; "an infelicitous remark"; "infelicitous phrasing"; "the infelicitous typesetting was due to illegible copy"
- marked by or producing unhappiness; "infelicitous circumstances"; "unhappy caravans, straggling afoot through swamps and canebrakes"- American Guide Series (同)unhappy
- inappropriate and unpleasing manner or style (especially manner or style of expression)
- in an infelicitous manner; "he chose his words rather infelicitously"
- called forth from a latent or potential state by stimulation; "evoked potentials"; "an elicited response" (同)evoked
- …‘を'『引く』,引っぱる / 《副詞[句]を伴って》…‘を'『引いて』(ある状態に)『する』 / (…から)…‘を'『引き抜く』,取り出す《+『名』+『from』(『out of』)+『名』》 / (…から)〈液体など〉‘を'『くみ出す』,くみ上げる《+『名』+『from』+『名』》 / (…から)…‘を'得る,引き出す《+『名』+『from』+『名』》 / 〈事〉‘を'招く,もたらす / 〈人〉‘を'引きつける,引き寄せる / 〈絵・図〉‘を'『線で描く』,〈線〉‘を'引く / …‘を'描写する,述べる / 〈文書〉‘を'書く,作成する;〈小切手〉‘を'振り出す / 〈息〉‘を'吸い込む;〈ため息〉‘を'つく / …‘を'引き伸ばす,いっぱいに張る / 〈くじなど〉‘を'引く,引き当てる / 〈勝負など〉‘を'引き分ける / 喫水が…‘だけ'ある / 《副詞[句]を伴って》『動く』,『近づく』,行く / (…に向けて)剣(ピストル)を抜く《+『on』+『名』》 / 《副詞[句]を伴って》人を引き付ける / 《副詞[句]を伴って》『線で書く』 / くじを引く / 《副詞[句]を伴って》〈水が〉はける,〈パイプ・煙突などが〉通る / (勝負などが)引き分けになる / 〈茶などが〉出る / 〈船が〉喫水する / 引くこと,抜くこと,(たばこなどの)一吸い,一服 / (人を)引きつけるもの,呼び物,人気者 / くじ引き,抽せん(lot) / 引き分け,無勝負
- …‘を'思いがけなく引き起こす,‘の'致来を早める / (…の中に)…‘を'投げ落とす,(…の状態に)…‘を'陥らせる《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / 〈流動体〉‘を'沈殿させる / (雨・雪・霧などに)〈水蒸気〉‘を'凝結させる / 〈水蒸気が〉凝結して雨(雪など)となる / 〈流動体が〉沈殿して固体になる / 大急ぎの;まっしぐらの / (化学で)沈殿物
- 〈人〉‘に'『勧めて』(…)『させる』 / …‘を'『引き起こす』,もたらす(cause) / 〈電気〉‘を'誘導する / …‘を'帰納する
- 〈C〉『火花』,火の粉;(電気の)スパーク;(一般に)閃光(せんこう),(宝石などの)きらめき / 〈C〉(人などの)活気,生気;(才気などの)ひらめき《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉(事件などの)発端,発火点 / 《a spark》ほんの少し(の…)《+『of』+『名』》 / 火花を出す;閃光を発する;〈電気が〉スパークする / 〈人〉‘を'かり立てて…させる《+『名』〈人〉+『to』(『into』)+『名』(do『ing』)》
- 《『derive』+『名』+『from』+『名』(do『ing』)》(…から)…‘を'『引き出す』,得る,求める / 《『derive from』+『名』(do『ing』)》《文》(…から)派生する,(…に)由来する
- 〈U〉祝賀 / 祝辞
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Understanding the sustainability of implementing HIV services in criminal justice settings.
- Visher CA1, Yang Y2, Mitchell SG3, Patterson Y4, Swan H5, Pankow J6.
- Health & justice.Health Justice.2015 Dec;3(1):5.
- BACKGROUND: In the growing field of implementation science, sustainability is a critical component of the implementation process of moving evidence-based treatments to regular practice. This paper is intended to extend our understanding of factors that influence the sustainability of HIV services in
- PMID 25893155
- Ubiquitin‑modified hepatitis B virus core antigen effectively facilitates antigen presentation and enhances cytotoxic T lymphocyte activity via the cytoplasmic transduction peptide in vitro.
- Song L1, Zhuo M1, Tang Y1, Chen X1, Yu Y1, Tang Z1, Zang G1.
- Molecular medicine reports.Mol Med Rep.2015 Jul;12(1):289-96. doi: 10.3892/mmr.2015.3352. Epub 2015 Feb 13.
- Cluster of differentiation (CD)8+ cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs) have a key role in the elimination of hepatitis B virus (HBV)‑infected cells. Ubiquitin (Ub) functions as a marker for protein degradation, which may promote the generation of peptides appropriate for major histocompatibility compl
- PMID 25684256
- In vitro and in vivo ocular biocompatibility of electrospun poly(ɛ-caprolactone) nanofibers.
- Da Silva GR1, Lima TH2, Oréfice RL3, Fernandes-Cunha GM4, Silva-Cunha A5, Zhao M6, Behar-Cohen F7.
- European journal of pharmaceutical sciences : official journal of the European Federation for Pharmaceutical Sciences.Eur J Pharm Sci.2015 Jun 20;73:9-19. doi: 10.1016/j.ejps.2015.03.003. Epub 2015 Mar 20.
- Biocompatibility is a requirement for the development of nanofibers for ophthalmic applications. In this study, nanofibers were elaborated using poly(ε-caprolactone) via electrospinning. The ocular biocompatibility of this material was investigated. MIO-M1 and ARPE-19 cell cultures were incubated w
- PMID 25797289
- The isthmic nuclei providing parallel feedback connections to the avian tectum have different neurochemical identities: Expression of glutamatergic and cholinergic markers in the chick (Gallus gallus).
- González-Cabrera C1, Garrido-Charad F, Roth A, Marín GJ.
- The Journal of comparative neurology.J Comp Neurol.2015 Jun 15;523(9):1341-58. doi: 10.1002/cne.23739. Epub 2015 Mar 12.
- Retinal inputs to the optic tectum (TeO) triggered by moving stimuli elicit synchronized feedback signals from two isthmic nuclei: the isthmi parvocelullaris (Ipc) and isthmi semilunaris (SLu). Both of these nuclei send columnar axon terminals back to the same tectal position receiving the retinal i
- PMID 25594665
- Bone structural and metabolic response of caloric restriction in Wistar rats and a GH-IGF-1 axis-suppressed transgenic rat model.
- Immunogenic cancer cell death selectively induced by near infrared photoimmunotherapy initiates host tumor immunity
- elicit 【他動】 〔隠れていた情報などを〕引き出す、取り出す 〔推論により結論... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- Elicit definition, to draw or bring out or forth; educe; evoke: to elicit the truth; to elicit a response with a question. See more. Thesaurus Translate Puzzles & Games Word of the Day Blog Slideshows Apps by Dictionary My Account ...
- Full Definition of ELICIT transitive verb 1: to draw forth or bring out (something latent or potential) <hypnotism elicited his hidden fears> 2: to call forth or draw out (as information or a response) <her remarks elicited cheers> — elic · i · ta ...
- the combined negative inotropic and chronotropic effects may precipitate heart failure.
- we report the first case of myocardial infarction in a hemophilia patient which was not directly precipitated by infusion of a clotting factor.
- provoc (怒らせる=provoke) + ation