- from Latin palpat- 'touch gently', from the verb palpare
- (n.) palpation 触診, (同じ語源) (vi.) palpitate 動悸がする
- examine (a body part) by palpation; "The nurse palpated the patients stomach"; "The runner felt her pulse" (同)feel
- perceive via the tactile sense; "Helen Keller felt the physical world by touching people and objects around her"
- a slight but appreciable amount; "this dish could use a touch of garlic" (同)hint, tinge, mite, pinch, jot, speck, soupcon
- a slight attack of illness; "he has a touch of rheumatism" (同)spot
- a distinguishing style; "this room needs a womans touch" (同)signature
- the act of putting two things together with no space between them; "at his touch the room filled with lights" (同)touching
- the feel of mechanical action; "this piano has a wonderful touch"
- the faculty by which external objects or forces are perceived through contact with the body (especially the hands); "only sight and touch enable us to locate objects in the space around us" (同)sense of touch, skin senses, touch modality, cutaneous senses
- the sensation produced by pressure receptors in the skin; "she likes the touch of silk on her skin"; "the surface had a greasy feeling" (同)touch_sensation, tactual_sensation, tactile_sensation, feeling
- the event of something coming in contact with the body; "he longed for the touch of her hand"; "the cooling touch of the night air" (同)touching
- a suggestion of some quality; "there was a touch of sarcasm in his tone"; "he detected a ghost of a smile on her face" (同)trace, ghost
- deftness in handling matters; "he has a masters touch"
- the act of soliciting money (as a gift or loan); "he watched the beggar trying to make a touch"
- be in direct physical contact with; make contact; "The two buildings touch"; "Their hands touched"; "The wire must not contact the metal cover"; "The surfaces contact at this point" (同)adjoin, meet, contact
- tamper with; "Dont touch my CDs!" (同)disturb
- affect emotionally; "A stirring movie"; "I was touched by your kind letter of sympathy" (同)stir
- cause to be in brief contact with; "He touched his toes to the horses flanks"
- comprehend; "He could not touch the meaning of the poem"
- deal with; usually used with a form of negation; "I wouldnt touch her with a ten-foot pole"; "The local Mafia wont touch gambling"
- make physical contact with, come in contact with; "Touch the stone for good luck"; "She never touched her husband"
- cause to throb or beat rapidly; "Her violent feelings palpitated the young womans heart"
- beat rapidly; "His heart palpitated" (同)flutter
- relating to or involving palpation
- 〈人が〉(手・指などで)…‘を'『さわる』,‘に'触れる《+名+with+名》 / (…に)…‘を'触れさせる,あてがう《+名+to+名》 / 〈物が〉…‘に'触れている,‘と'接触している / …‘を'『感動させる』,の感情を動かす / 《文》〈事が〉…‘に'『影響する』,関係する,かかわる(concern) / 《通例否定文で》〈飲食物〉‘に'手をつける;〈道具など〉‘を'使う / 《しばしば受動態で》(かすかに)…‘に'色合いをつける / (軽く)…‘を'害する,いためる / 《通例否定文で》…‘に'匹敵する,‘と'肩を並べる / 〈船などが〉…‘に'立ち寄る,寄港する / 《俗》《+名+for+名》(金銭などを)〈人に〉‘に'せびる,借りる / さわる,触れる,接触している / (港などに)〈船などが〉立ち寄る,寄港する《+at+名》 / 〈U〉『触覚』,触感 / 〈C〉《単数形で》(物の)感触,手ざわり / 〈C〉『さわる(触れる)こと』,さわられること / 〈U〉《しばしばa ~》(…の)『気味,微候』,気配《+of+名》 / 〈C〉少量,少しばかりの(の…)《+of+名》 / 〈C〉(作品仕上げの)手入れ,一筆 / 〈U〉《しばしばa ~》(作家などの)筆法,作風 / 〈U〉《しばしばa ~》(ピアノ・タイプライターなどの)指運び,たたき方,タッチ
- 〈心臓が〉動悸(どうき)を打つ,どきどきする / 《文》(…で)〈人・体が〉震える《+『with』+『名』》
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Ultrasound-guided "short" midline catheters for difficult venous access in the emergency department: a retrospective analysis.
- Scoppettuolo G1, Pittiruti M2, Pitoni S3, Dolcetti L4, Emoli A5, Mitidieri A6, Migliorini I7, Annetta MG8.
- International journal of emergency medicine.Int J Emerg Med.2016 Dec;9(1):3. doi: 10.1186/s12245-016-0100-0. Epub 2016 Feb 4.
- BACKGROUND: Acutely ill patients admitted to the emergency department (ED) constantly require at least one fast and reliable peripheral intravenous (PIV) access. In many conditions (morbid obesity, underweight state, chronic diseases, intravenous drug abuse, adverse local conditions, etc.), PIV plac
- PMID 26847572
- Use of Ultrasound by Internists to Improve Diagnostic Small Joint Aspiration.
- Greenlund LJ1, Ward WJ2.
- The American journal of medicine.Am J Med.2016 Sep 14. pii: S0002-9343(16)30921-4. doi: 10.1016/j.amjmed.2016.08.034. [Epub ahead of print]
- BACKGROUND: Primary care internists are often the first to see patients with an initial episode of crystalline arthritis. Timely aspiration of the affected joint for definitive diagnosis and treatment in the office is desirable but can be difficult especially if the joint is small, surrounded by sof
- PMID 27639875
- Intraosseous access in the obese patient: assessing the need for extended needle length.
- Kehrl T1, Becker BA2, Simmons DE3, Broderick EK4, Jones RA5.
- The American journal of emergency medicine.Am J Emerg Med.2016 Sep;34(9):1831-4. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2016.06.055. Epub 2016 Jun 15.
- BACKGROUND: Intraosseous (IO) access can be complicated by obesity. Successful placement of a 25 mm IO needle is unlikely when soft tissue depth exceeds 20 mm.OBJECTIVES: The authors examined the relationship between body mass index (BMI), the ability to palpate the tibial tuberosity (TT), and soft
- PMID 27344097
- An unembalmed cadaveric preparation for simulating pleural effusion: A pilot study of chest percussion involving medical students.
- Cook MS1, Kernahan PJ1,2.
- Anatomical sciences education.Anat Sci Educ.2016 Aug 22. doi: 10.1002/ase.1640. [Epub ahead of print]
- Cadaveric simulations are an effective way to add clinical context to an anatomy course. In this study, unembalmed (fresh) cadavers were uniquely prepared to simulate pleural effusion to teach chest percussion and review thoracic anatomy. Thirty first-year medical students were assigned to either an
- PMID 27548912
- palpateとは。意味や和訳。[形]動物ひげのある. - goo辞書は国語、英和、和英、中国語、百科事典等からまとめて探せる辞書検索サービスです。 ... 辞書すべて 国語 類語 英和 和英 中日 日中 ※「説明文に含む」「見出し語に含む」検索は ...
- Information about palpate in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. Printer Friendly Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary 6,660,494,600 visitors served. forum Join the Word of the Day Mailing ...
- Full Definition of PALPATE transitive verb: to examine by touch especially medically — pal·pa·tion \pal-ˈ pā-shən\ noun See palpate defined for English-language learners » Examples of PALPATE The doctor palpated his ribs to see if ...
- palpate、palpation、palpatory、tactile、tactile sensation、tactile sense
touch [OPTION]... FILE...
-a change only the access time
-c, --no-create do not create any files
-d, --date=STRING parse STRING and use it instead of current time
-m change only the modification time
-r, --reference=FILE use this file's times instead of current time
-t STAMP use [[CC]YY]MMDDhhmm[.ss] instead of current time
--time=WORD change the specified time:
WORD is access, atime, or use: equivalent to -a
WORD is modify or mtime: equivalent to -m
--help display this help and exit
--version output version information and exit
-t 201003221800 *
- from Latin palpitat- 'patted', from the verb palpitare, frequentative of palpare 'touch gently'
- (n.)palpitation 動悸,(同じ語源) (vt.)palpate さわってみる、(医)触診する