- produce specks in or on; "speck the cloth"
- a very small spot; "the plane was just a speck in the sky" (同)pinpoint
- mark with small spots; "speckle the wall with tiny yellow spots" (同)bespeckle
- markings vary but usually harmonize with background; of southwestern Arizona and Baja California (同)Crotalus mitchellii
- common shrub of Canada and northeastern United States having shoots scattered with rust-colored down (同)Alnus rugosa
- 『しみ』汚点 / 《否定文で》(…の)小片,みじん《+『of』+『名』》 / …‘に'しみをつける
- Sodium butyrate restores ASC expression and induces apoptosis in LS174T cells.
- Zhang S, Bai J, Ren S, Wang R, Zhang L, Zuo Y.SourceDepartment of Clinical Biochemistry, Dalian Medical University, Dalian 116044, P.R. China.
- International journal of molecular medicine.Int J Mol Med.2012 Dec;30(6):1431-7. doi: 10.3892/ijmm.2012.1156. Epub 2012 Oct 15.
- Sodium butyrate (NaBu) is a short-chain fatty acid (SCFA), which has been proposed as a potential anticancer agent. Apoptosis-associated speck-like protein (ASC) is a pro-apoptotic signaling factor that is subjected to epigenetic silencing in human cancers. Modula
- PMID 23064206
- Tissue-specific opposing functions of the inflammasome adaptor ASC in the regulation of epithelial skin carcinogenesis.
- Drexler SK, Bonsignore L, Masin M, Tardivel A, Jackstadt R, Hermeking H, Schneider P, Gross O, Tschopp J, Yazdi AS.SourceDepartment of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, CH-1066 Epalinges, Switzerland.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A.2012 Nov 6;109(45):18384-9. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1209171109. Epub 2012 Oct 22.
- A chronic inflammatory microenvironment favors tumor progression through molecular mechanisms that are still incompletely defined. In inflammation-induced skin cancers, IL-1 receptor- or caspase-1-deficient mice, or mice specifically deficient for the inflammasome adaptor protein ASC (apoptosis-asso
- PMID 23090995
- The Faintest Speck of Dirt: Disgust Enhances the Detection of Impurity.
- Sherman GD, Haidt J, Clore GL.AbstractPurity is commonly regarded as being physically embodied in the color white, with even trivial deviations from whiteness indicating a loss of purity. In three studies, we explored the implications of this "white = pure" association for disgust, an emotion that motivates the detection and avoidance of impurities that threaten purity and cleanliness. We hypothesized that disgust tunes perception to prioritize the light end of the light-dark spectrum, which results in a relative hypersensitivity to changes in lightness in this range. In Studies 1 and 2, greater sensitivity to disgusting stimuli was associated with greater ability to make subtle gray-scale discriminations (e.g., detecting a faint gray stimulus against a white background) at the light end of the spectrum relative to ability to make subtle gray-scale discriminations at the dark end of the spectrum. In Study 3, after viewing disgusting images, disgust-sensitive individuals demonstrated a heightened ability to detect deviations from white. These findings suggest that disgust not only motivates people to avoid impurities, but actually makes them better able to see them.
- Psychological science.Psychol Sci.2012 Nov 5. [Epub ahead of print]
- Purity is commonly regarded as being physically embodied in the color white, with even trivial deviations from whiteness indicating a loss of purity. In three studies, we explored the implications of this "white = pure" association for disgust, an emotion that motivates the detection and avoidance o
- PMID 23129060
- Valence band states and polarized optical emission from nonpolar and semipolar III–nitride quantum well optoelectronic devices
- Zhao Yuji,Farrell Robert,Wu Yuh-Renn,Speck James
- Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 53(10), 100206, 2014-09-25
- Nonpolar and semipolar III–nitride quantum wells (QWs) and devices have been extensively studied due to their unique valence band (VB) structure and polarized optical emission. Unlike conventio …
- NAID 150000109813
- Systematic investigation of the growth rate of β-Ga
- Okumura Hironori,Kita Masao,Sasaki Kohei,Kuramata Akito,Higashiwaki Masataka,Speck James
- Appl. Phys. Express 7(9), 095501, 2014-08-20
- β-Ga<inf>2</inf>O<inf>3</inf>(010) homo-epitaxial growth was performed by plasma-assisted molecular beam epitaxy. Under Ga-rich conditions and for growth temperatures abo …
- NAID 150000108461
- Improved performance of [Formula: see text] long-wavelength light-emitting diodes grown with wide quantum wells on stress-relaxed In
- Koslow Ingrid,McTaggart Claire,Wu Feng,Nakamura Shuji,Speck James,DenBaars Steven
- Appl. Phys. Express 7(3), 031003, 2014-02-26
- NAID 150000108253
- Speck makes the best iPhone & iPad cases, MacBook cases, BlackBerry cases, and more awesome stuff for your favorite devices.
- Speck Japan. このたびはSpeck製品をお 買い上げいただきまして、 ありがとうござい ...
- Speck is a distinctively juniper-flavored ham originally from Tyrol, a historical region that since 1918 partially lies in Italy. Speck's origins at the intersection of two culinary worlds is reflected in its synthesis of salt-curing and smoking. The first ...