- outfitted or supplied with clothing; "recruits suited in green"
- marked by suitability or rightness or appropriateness; "proper medical treatment"; "proper manners"
- appropriate for a condition or purpose or occasion or a persons character, needs; "everything in its proper place"; "the right man for the job"; "she is not suitable for the position" (同)right
- having all the qualities typical of the thing specified; "wanted a proper dinner; not just a snack"; "he finally has a proper job"
- limited to the thing specified; "the city proper"; "his claim is connected with the deed proper"
- about average; acceptable; "more than adequate as a secretary" (同)passable, fair to middling, tolerable
- sufficient for the purpose; "an adequate income"; "the food was adequate"; "a decent wage"; "enough food"; "food enough" (同)decent, enough
- having the requisite qualities or resources to meet a task; "she had adequate training"; "her training was adequate"; "she was adequate to the job"; "he was equal to the task" (同)equal
- suitable for a particular person or place or condition etc; "a book not appropriate for children"; "a funeral conducted the appropriate solemnity"; "it seems that an apology is appropriate"
- take possession of by force, as after an invasion; "the invaders seized the land and property of the inhabitants"; "The army seized the town"; "The militia captured the castle" (同)capture, seize, conquer
- relevant and appropriate; "he asks questions that are germane and central to the issue"
- meant or adapted for an occasion or use; "a tractor suitable (or fit) for heavy duty"; "not an appropriate (or fit) time for flippancy" (同)suited
- be agreeable or acceptable; "This time suits me"
- a set of garments (usually including a jacket and trousers or skirt) for outerwear all of the same fabric and color; "they buried him in his best suit" (同)suit of clothes
- playing card in any of four sets of 13 cards in a pack; each set has its own symbol and color; "a flush is five cards in the same suit"; "in bridge you must follow suit"; "what suit is trumps?"
- (slang) a businessman dressed in a business suit; "all the suits care about is the bottom line"
- a petition or appeal made to a person of superior status or rank
- be agreeable or acceptable to; "This suits my needs" (同)accommodate, fit
- apartment consisting of a series of connected rooms used as a living unit (as in a hotel) (同)rooms
- a matching set of furniture
- a musical composition of several movements only loosely connected
- (目的に)『適切な』,ふさわしい / 《文》《補語にのみ用いて》《『be proper to』+『名』…に固有の,本来備わっている》 / 基準にかなった,正式の / (行き過ぎるぐらいに)礼儀正しい / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》厳密な,正確な / 《名詞の後に置いて》厳密な意味での,真の,純粋の / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》すばらしい,すてきな;《おもに英話》全くの
- (要求・目的に)『十分な』 / かろうじて満足できる / 《補語にのみ用いて》(…に)『適した』,かなった《+『to』(『for』)+『名』》
- …'を'『勝手に使う』,独り占めにする / (ある目的に)…'を'『あてる』,充当する《+『名』+『for』+『名』》 / 『適当な』,適切な
- 〈C〉『スーツ』 / 〈C〉《複合語を作って》(…用の)服 / 〈C〉『訴訟,』告訴(lawsuit) / 〈C〉(カードゲームで)同種のカードの一組;同種のカードの持ち札 / 〈U〉〈C〉嘆願,懇願 / 〈U〉《古》求愛,求婚;嘆願 / 〈C〉(…の)一組,一そろい《+of+名》 / …‘に'『適する,』合う / 《しばしば受動遠で》(…に)…‘を'合わせる,適応させる / 〈人〉‘に'『似合う』 / 〈人〉‘に'都合がよい,‘を'満足させる / 適する,合う / 似合う / 都合がよい
- (ホテルなどで寝室・居間・客間などの)一続きの豪華な部屋 / (家具などの)一そろい,一組 / (いっしょに使われるものの)一続き,一組,一そろい / (楽曲の一形式である)組曲 / 《集合的に》《まれ》随行員,従者の一行
Suit or suits may refer to:
- Suit (clothing), a set of clothing with matching pieces, including at least a coat and trousers
- Suit (cards), one of four groups into which a deck of cards is divided
- Suit (law), an action brought before a court to recover a right or redress a grievance
- Suits (TV series), a 2011 TV series on the USA Network
- Suit (album), a 2004 album by Nelly
- Suits (album), an album by Fish
- Suit (comics), a character in the Marvel universe
- An informal term for a government agent or corporate employee (i.e., someone whose work attire usually consists of suits).
People with the surname
- Gustav Suits (1883–1956), Estonian poet
- Boilersuit, or coverall, a loose-fitting one-piece clothing
- Diving suit, for use under water
- Wetsuit, for use in warmer water
- Dry suit, for use in colder water, or where hazardous chemicals may be encountered
- Jumpsuit, a one-piece clothing with sleeves and legs
- Space suit, for use in outer space
- Swimsuit, a clothing for use in water sports or sunbathing
- Environmental suit, a clothing used for a particular activity or environment
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Antigenic peptide trimming by ER aminopeptidases-Insights from structural studies.
- Stratikos E, Stern LJ.SourceNational Center for Scientific Research Demokritos, Athens, Greece. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Molecular immunology.Mol Immunol.2013 Oct;55(3-4):212-9. doi: 10.1016/j.molimm.2013.03.002. Epub 2013 Mar 29.
- Generation and destruction of antigenic peptides by ER resident aminopeptidases ERAP1 and ERAP2 have been shown in the last few years to be important for the correct functioning and regulation of the adaptive immune response. These two highly homologous aminopeptidases appear to have evolved complex
- PMID 23545452
- Effects of sutures and fontanels on MEG and EEG source analysis in a realistic infant head model.
- Lew S, Sliva DD, Choe MS, Grant PE, Okada Y, Wolters CH, Hämäläinen MS.SourceAthinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, 149 13th Street, Suite 2301, Charlestown 02129, USA. Electronic address: email@example.com.
- NeuroImage.Neuroimage.2013 Aug 1;76:282-93. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2013.03.017. Epub 2013 Mar 24.
- In infants, the fontanels and sutures as well as conductivity of the skull influence the volume currents accompanying primary currents generated by active neurons and thus the associated electroencephalography (EEG) and magnetoencephalography (MEG) signals. We used a finite element method (FEM) to c
- PMID 23531680
- Highlighting manganese dynamics in the nervous system of Aplysia californica using MEMRI at ultra-high field.
- Jelescu IO, Nargeot R, Le Bihan D, Ciobanu L.SourceNeuroSpin, Commissariat à l'Energie Atomique et aux Energies Alternatives, 91191 Gif-sur-Yvette, France. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NeuroImage.Neuroimage.2013 Aug 1;76:264-71. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2013.03.022. Epub 2013 Mar 22.
- Exploring the pathways of manganese (Mn(2+)) transport in the nervous system becomes of interest as many recent studies use Mn(2+) as a neural tract tracer in mammals. In this study, we performed manganese enhanced MRI (MEMRI) at 17.2T on the buccal ganglia of Aplysia californica. The main advantage
- PMID 23523801
- 日本語学習者と母語話者の産出語彙の相違 : I-JASの異なるタスクを用いた比較
- IoT、遠隔監視向けの計測機器 (特集 省エネに貢献する製品&ソリューション)
- adequate、adequately、appropriate、appropriately、apt、correct、endemic、fit、fittingly、germane、in itself、inherent、inherently、intrinsic、justifiable、natural、neatly、original、originally、pertinent、primarily、properly、reasonable、suitable、suitably、suited、valid