- succeed in representing or expressing something intangible; "capture the essence of Spring"; "capture an idea"
- a process whereby a star or planet holds an object in its gravitational field
- any process in which an atomic or nuclear system acquires an additional particle
- the act of forcibly dispossessing an owner of property (同)gaining control, seizure
- the act of taking of a person by force (同)seizure
- the removal of an opponents piece from the chess board
- capture as if by hunting, snaring, or trapping; "I caught a rabbit in the trap today" (同)catch
- attract; cause to be enamored; "She captured all the mens hearts" (同)enamour, trance, catch, becharm, enamor, captivate, beguile, charm, fascinate, bewitch, entrance, enchant
- bring about the capture of an elementary particle or celestial body and causing it enter a new orbit; "This nucleus has captured the slow-moving neutrons"; "The star captured a comet"
- take in and retain; "We have a big barrel to catch the rainwater"
- the quantity that was caught; "the catch was only 10 fish" (同)haul
- contract; "did you catch a cold?"
- a drawback or difficulty that is not readily evident; "it sounds good but whats the catch?" (同)gimmick
- the act of catching an object with the hands; "Mays made the catch with his back to the plate"; "he made a grab for the ball before it landed"; "Martins snatch at the bridle failed and the horse raced away"; "the infielders snap and throw was a single motion" (同)grab, snatch, snap
- a restraint that checks the motion of something; "he used a book as a stop to hold the door open" (同)stop
- a cooperative game in which a ball is passed back and forth; "he played catch with his son in the backyard"
- a fastener that fastens or locks a door or window
- a person regarded as a good matrimonial prospect (同)match
- a break or check in the voice (usually a sign of strong emotion)
- anything that is caught (especially if it is worth catching); "he shared his catch with the others"
- attract and fix; "His look caught her"; "She caught his eye"; "Catch the attention of the waiter" (同)arrest, get
- apprehend and reproduce accurately; "She really caught the spirit of the place in her drawings"; "She got the mood just right in her photographs" (同)get
- grasp with the mind or develop an understanding of; "did you catch that allusion?"; "We caught something of his theory in the lecture"; "dont catch your meaning"; "did you get it?"; "She didnt get the joke"; "I just dont get him" (同)get
- perceive by hearing; "I didnt catch your name"; "She didnt get his name when they met the first time" (同)get
- suffer from the receipt of; "She will catch hell for this behavior!" (同)get
- take hold of so as to seize or restrain or stop the motion of; "Catch the ball!"; "Grab the elevator door!" (同)grab, take hold of
- perceive with the senses quickly, suddenly, or momentarily; "I caught the aroma of coffee"; "He caught the allusion in her glance"; "ears open to catch every sound"; "The dog picked up the scent"; "Catch a glimpse" (同)pick_up
- hear, usually without the knowledge of the speakers; "We overheard the conversation at the next table" (同)take_in, overhear
- be struck or affected by; "catch fire"; "catch the mood"
- be the catcher; "Who is catching?"
- become aware of; "he caught her staring out the window"
- cause to become accidentally or suddenly caught, ensnared, or entangled; "I caught the hem of my dress in the brambles"
- check oneself during an action; "She managed to catch herself before telling her boss what was on her mind"
- delay or hold up; prevent from proceeding on schedule or as planned; "I was caught in traffic and missed the meeting"
- discover or come upon accidentally, suddenly, or unexpectedly; catch somebody doing something or in a certain state; "She caught her son eating candy"; "She was caught shoplifting"
- get or regain something necessary, usually quickly or briefly; "Catch some sleep"; "catch ones breath"
- reach in time; "I have to catch a train at 7 oclock"
- spread or be communicated; "The fashion did not catch"
- start burning; "The fire caught"
- 〈動物・犯人・敵兵など〉'を'『捕える』,つかまえる / 〈物〉'を'手に入れる / 〈注意・関心など〉'を'ひきつける / 〈U〉(…を)『つかまえること』,(…の)捕獲,逗捕《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉捕虜;捕獲した物(動物)
- …'を'『捕らえる』,捕まえる・〈動いている物〉'を'『つかみ取る』,受け止める・〈列車など〉‘に'『間に合う』;追いつく・《おもに受動態で》〈あらしなどが〉…'を'襲う・…'を'偶然見つける,‘に'思いがけなく出くわす・《副詞[句]を伴って》〈人・働物など〉'を'打つ・〈打撃・石・風などが〉…‘に'当たる・(…に)〈人〉‘に'〈打撃など〉'を'与える《+『名』〈間〉+『名』(直)+『on』+『名』》・〈伝染性の病気〉‘に'『かかる』,感染する;(火が)…‘に'燃え移る・(くぎなどに)…'を'引っかける,(網などに)…'を'からませる,(ドアなどに)…'を'はさむ《+『名』+『in』+『名』》・〈注意・関心など〉'を'引き付ける・…'を'聞きとる,理解する・ / …'を'ぐっと押さえる,がまんする・〈短い動作〉'を'す早くする,わずかの間する・《米話》〈劇・テレビ番組など〉'を'見る,聞く・《副詞[句]を伴って》『引っかかる』,からまる・〈かぎが〉かかる,締まる / (野球で)捕手をする・ / 燃え始める;動き始める / 捕まえること,捕獲 / がっちり捕らえて動かなくする物,(戸の)掛け金,(機械の)歯止め・捕らえた物;捕獲量,(特に)漁獲高 / 手に入れる価値のある人(物),(特に)いい結婚相手・キャッチボール,捕球・(声・息の一時的な)途切れ,詰まり;途切れる部分,断片・《話》(人を引っ掛ける)わな,策略
||Look up capture in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Capture may refer to:
- Capture (chess), to remove the opponent's piece from the board by taking it with one's own piece
- Capture (politics), situations in which a government agency created to act in the public interest instead acts in favor of other interests
- Capture (rivers), a geomorphological phenomenon occurring when a stream or river is diverted from its own bed
- Capture (TV series), a reality show on The CW
- FM capture, a phenomenon in which only the stronger of two signals near the same FM frequency will be demodulated
- Asteroid capture, a phenomenon in which an asteroid enters a stable orbit around another body
- Screen capture (disambiguation), an image taken by the computer to record the visible items
- Video capture, the process of converting an analog video signal to digital form
- Motion capture, the process of recording movement and translating that movement onto a digital model
- Schematic capture, a step in electronic design automation at which the electronic schematic is created by a designer
- Capture CIS, a software tool used for circuit schematic capture
- Capture fishery, a wild fishery in which the aquatic life is not controlled and needs to be captured or fished
- Rule of capture, common law that determines ownership of captured natural resources including groundwater, oil, gas and game animals
- "Capture" a song by Simon Townshend on album Among Us
- Neutron capture, a nuclear reaction
- Electron capture, another nuclear reaction
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Health benefits of seafood; Is it just the fatty acids?
- Lund EK.SourceIndependent Consultant, Norfolk, NR15 1AD, UK. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2013 Oct 1;140(3):413-20. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.01.034. Epub 2013 Jan 26.
- There is a considerable body of literature suggesting a wide range of health benefits associated with diets high in seafood. However, the demand for seafood across the world now exceeds that available from capture fisheries. This has created a rapidly increasing market for aquaculture products, the
- PMID 23601384
- Inputs of polychlorinated biphenyl residues in animal feeds.
- Fernández-González R, Yebra-Pimentel I, Martínez-Carballo E, Regueiro J, Simal-Gándara J.SourceNutrition and Bromatology Group, Analytical and Food Chemistry Department, Faculty of Food Science and Technology, University of Vigo, Ourense Campus, E32004 Ourense, Spain.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2013 Sep 1;140(1-2):296-304. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.02.021. Epub 2013 Feb 18.
- Animal nutrition constitutes an important issue for the animal production industry. Products intended for animal feed may contain undesirable substances which could endanger animal health or, because of their presence in livestock products, human health or the environment. In this sense, several inc
- PMID 23578646
- Multi-labeled functionalized C60 nanohybrid as tracing tag for ultrasensitive electrochemical aptasensing.
- Han J, Zhuo Y, Chai Y, Yuan R, Xiang Y, Zhu Q, Liao N.SourceEducation Ministry Key Laboratory on Luminescence and Real-Time Analysis, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Southwest University, Chongqing 400715, China.
- Biosensors & bioelectronics.Biosens Bioelectron.2013 Aug 15;46:74-9. doi: 10.1016/j.bios.2013.02.020. Epub 2013 Feb 24.
- This work reports a new supramolecular method for the synthesis of the amino and thiol groups functionalized C60 nanoparticles (FC60NPs) with the large surface active sites and good water solubility. First, Prussian blue carried gold nanoparticles were decorated onto the surface of the obtained FC60
- PMID 23506946
- A dipeptide and an amino acid present in whey protein hydrolysate increase translocation of GLUT-4 to the plasma membrane in Wistar rats.
- Morato PN, Lollo PC, Moura CS, Batista TM, Carneiro EM, Amaya-Farfan J.SourceUniversity of Campinas (UNICAMP), Faculty of Food Engineering (FEA), 13083-862 Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil. Electronic address: email@example.com.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2013 Aug 15;139(1-4):853-9. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2012.12.062. Epub 2013 Jan 23.
- Whey protein hydrolysate (WPH) is capable of increasing muscle glycogen reserves and of concentrating the glucose transporter in the plasma membrane (PM). The objective of this study was to determine which WPH components could modulate translocation of the glucose transporter GLUT-4 to the PM of ani
- PMID 23561181
- 種部 千遥
- 日本工業大学研究報告 = Report of researches, Nippon Institute of Technology 49(1), 22-25, 2019-06
- … An advantage of the optical tweezers is that they can capture a minute object under a microscope, but this advantage also becomes a disadvantage because the optical tweezers can be used only in a small space. …
- NAID 120006647479
- 神野 光指郎
- 経営研究 70(1), 1-32, 2019-05-31
- … By focusing on the role played by large dealer banks, this paper attempts to capture the basic structure of the updated shadow banking system. …
- NAID 120006643764
- 竹内 憲一
- 地質学史懇話会会報 = Japanese Association for the History of Geosciences, JAHIGEO bulletin (52), 39-43, 2019-05-30
- NAID 40021919700
- ニコン 画像編集ソフト「Capture NX 2」のご紹介。ニコンデジタル一眼レフカメラやデジタルカメラ、コンパクトカメラ、ニッコールレンズなどカメラ関連情報も。 ... イメージどおりの画像がすばやく仕上がる。 直感的操作で ...
- Capture は一眼レフカメラをワンタッチでベルトやストラップに固定できるクイック脱着システムです。世界中、数千人ものカメラマンが愛用しています。 ... カメラの新しい携帯スタイル Capture は一眼レフカメラをワンタッチで ...
- 連続キャプチャや周期キャプチャ、Web等のスクロールキャプチャが可能な画像キャプチャソフト ... 「グラフィックス関係」カテゴリのソフトレビュー 証明写真をつくろう！ 3.0.0 - 正確にトリミングされた証明写真を誰でも簡単 ...
- enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays capture
- enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays capture