- put something in a resting position, as for support or steadying; "Rest your head on my shoulder"
- euphemisms for death (based on an analogy between lying in a bed and in a tomb); "she was laid to rest beside her husband"; "they had to put their family pet to sleep" (同)eternal rest, sleep, eternal sleep, quietus
- a state of inaction; "a body will continue in a state of rest until acted upon"
- be at rest
- freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility); "took his repose by the swimming pool" (同)ease, repose, relaxation
- a support on which things can be put; "the gun was steadied on a special rest"
- a musical notation indicating a silence of a specified duration
- take a short break from ones activities in order to relax (同)breathe, catch one''s breath, take a breather
- be inherent or innate in; (同)reside, repose
- be inactive, refrain from acting; "The committee is resting over the summer"
- give a rest to; "He rested his bad leg"; "Rest the dogs for a moment"
- not move; be in a resting position
- move gently or carefully; "He eased himself into the chair"
- a freedom from financial difficulty that promotes a comfortable state; "a life of luxury and ease"; "he had all the material comforts of this world" (同)comfort
- freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort; "he rose through the ranks with apparent ease"; "they put it into containers for ease of transportation"; "the very easiness of the deed held her back" (同)easiness, simplicity, simpleness
- freedom from constraint or embarrassment; "I am never at ease with strangers" (同)informality
- sell cheaply as remainders; "The publisher remaindered the books"
- something left after other parts have been taken away; "there was no remainder"; "he threw away the rest"; "he took what he wanted and I got the balance" (同)balance, residual, residue, residuum, rest
- the number that remains after subtraction; the number that when added to the subtrahend gives the minuend (同)difference
- the part of the dividend that is left over when the dividend is not evenly divisible by the divisor
- an abnormal state in which the normal flow of a liquid (such as blood) is slowed or stopped
- inactivity resulting from a static balance between opposing forces
- give or bring back; "Restore the stolen painting to its rightful owner" (同)restitute
- return to its original or usable and functioning condition; "restore the forest to its original pristine condition" (同)reconstruct
- bring back into original existence, use, function, or position; "restore law and order"; "reestablish peace in the region"; "restore the emperor to the throne" (同)reinstate, reestablish
- an abnormal state in which development has stopped prematurely (同)fixation, infantile fixation, regression
- any plant of the genus Forestiera
- the syllable naming the second (supertonic) note of any major scale in solmization (同)ray
- not tired; refreshed as by sleeping or relaxing; "came back rested from her vacation"
- 〈U〉〈C〉『休息』,休憩,休養;休息の時間(期間);(…から)解放されて休むこと《+『from』+『名』》 / 〈U〉〈C〉睡眠(sleep) / 動かないこと,停止,静止 / 〈C〉《複合語に用いて》「(物を載せる)台,支え」の意を表す / 〈U〉《詩》死,永眠 / 〈C〉(音楽で)休止;休止符 / 『休む』,『休息する』;(仕事などを)やめて休む《+『from』+『名』》 / 『安心する』,落ち着く,くつろぐ / (…に)『載っている』,『支えられている』《+『on』(『upon』)+『名』》;(…に)もたれている(lean)《+『against』+『名』》 / 〈光・視線などが〉(…に)注がれる,じっと留まる《+『on』(『upon』)+『名』》 / (変化しないで)そのままでいる,休止(静止)する / 永眠する / (訴訟事件で)証拠提出を自発的に中止する / 《しばしば受動態で》…‘を'『休息(休養)させる』,休ませる / (…に)…‘を'置く,載せる,基づかせる《+『名』+『on』(『upon』)+『名』(do『ing』)》;(…に)…‘を'よりかからせる》+『名』+『against』+『名』》 / 〈訴訟事件〉‘の'証拠提出を自発的に中止する
- (…の)『残り』,残与《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈U〉《the~》《複数扱い》『そのほかの物(人)』 / 《rest+形(名)〈補〉》(ある状態の)ままである(remain)
- (精神的な)『気楽さ』;(肉体的に)『楽であること』 / 『容易さ』,たやすさ / (態度が)ゆったりしていること / 〈心・体〉‘を'『楽にする』;〈人〉‘を'『安心させる』 / 〈束縛・圧迫など〉‘を'ゆるめる / 《副詞[句]を伴って》…‘を'慎重に動かす / 〈圧迫・苦痛などが〉和らぐ
- 〈U〉《集合的に;複数扱い》残り,残りの人(物) / 〈C〉(引き算の)残り;(割り算の)余り / 〈特に残本〉‘を'安売りする
- (元の状態に)…‘を'復活させる,回復させる,復帰させる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / (元の形に)〈美術品・建物など〉‘を'『修復する』,復元する《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈盗品など〉‘を'『返す』,返却する
Rest may refer to:
- Human relaxation
Rest may also refer to:
- Rest (music), a pause in a piece of music
- Rest (physics), the relation between two observers
- Rest (album), a 2008 album by Gregor Samsa
- Rest (band), Irish instrumental doom metal band
- Rest, Kansas, a community in the United States
- Bank reserves, holdings in accounts at the Bank of England, plus cash in bank vaults
- Support (structure)
- Rest (cue sports) or mechanical bridge, a device supporting a cue stick on long shots in snooker, billiards and pool games
- Arm rest
- Head rest
- Leg rest
REST written as an abbreviation may refer to:
- RE1-silencing transcription factor, a human gene
- Replica Exchange with Solute Tempering, an enhanced sampling technique in Molecular Dynamics
- Representational State Transfer, a software architecture for distributed systems, including RESTful web services
- Restricted Environmental Stimulation Technique, a sensory deprivation technique
- ReStructuredText, a lightweight markup language
- Retail Employees Superannuation Trust, Australia's largest superannuation fund by membership
- Revised Extended Standard Theory, a theory of linguistic competence developed by Noam Chomsky in the mid-1970s
- Bed rest
- All pages beginning with "Rest"
- All pages with titles containing "Rest"
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Evaluation of Image-guidance Strategies for Prostate Cancer.
- Piotrowski T1, Kaczmarek K, Bajon T, Ryczkowski A, Jodda A, Kaz'mierska J.
- Technology in cancer research & treatment.Technol Cancer Res Treat.2014 Dec;13(6):583-91. doi: 10.7785/tcrtexpress.2013.600258. Epub 2013 Aug 31.
- In this study, set-up accuracy and time consumption of different image-guidance protocols used for prostate cancer patients were compared. Set-up corrections from 60 prostate cancer patients treated on helical tomotherapy (HT) were used to simulate four types of image-guidance protocols which were b
- PMID 24000985
- Physical ischaemia induced by isometric exercise facilitated collateral development in the remote ischaemic myocardium of humans.
- Lin S1, Chen Y2, Li Y3, Li J3, Lu X3.
- Clinical science (London, England : 1979).Clin Sci (Lond).2014 Nov 1;127(10):581-8. doi: 10.1042/CS20130618.
- The aim of the present study was to investigate the effects of isometric-handgrip-induced PIT (physical ischaemia training) on remote coronary recruitment and growth. A total of 74 CAD (coronary artery disease) patients were randomly assigned to either the IHG (isometric handgrip group) or NEG (non-
- PMID 24888429
- Effects of amlodipine and adenosine on coronary haemodynamics: in vivo study and numerical simulation.
- De Lazzari C1, L'Abbate A, Micalizzi M, Trivella MG, Neglia D.
- Computer methods in biomechanics and biomedical engineering.Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin.2014 Nov;17(15):1642-52. doi: 10.1080/10255842.2012.761691. Epub 2013 Feb 13.
- Amlodipine (AMLO) is a calcium channel blocker with vasodilating properties, in which the specific effects on the coronary circulation are not fully known. Coronary flow velocity-pressure (F/P) curves were obtained at rest and during administration of AMLO (10 mg to 20 mg iv) or adenosine (ADO, 1�
- PMID 23405966
- Content of polyphenols in coloured and yellow fleshed potatoes during dices processing.
- Rytel E1, Tajner-Czopek A2, Kita A2, Aniołowska M2, Kucharska AZ3, Sokół-Łętowska A3, Hamouz K4.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2014 Oct 15;161:224-9. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2014.04.002. Epub 2014 Apr 12.
- The purpose of the research was to examine the effect of the laboratory production of dried potato dice on the content of phenolic compounds in one yellow-fleshed potato variety and four blue-fleshed potatoes varieties. Coloured-flesh potato varieties were characterised by about three times higher a
- PMID 24837944
- Value of systematic intervention for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a regional Japanese city based on case detection rate and medical cost
- Tawara Yuichi,Senjyu Hideaki,Tanaka Kenichiro,Tanaka Takako,Asai Masaharu,Kozu Ryo,Tabusadani Mitsuru,Honda Sumihisa,Sawai Terumitsu
- International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 10(1), 1531-1542, 2015-08-03
- … We compared COPD medical costs in Matsuura and in the rest of Nagasaki Prefecture using data from 2004 to 2013 recorded by the association of Nagasaki National Health Insurance Organization, assessing 10-year means and annual change. … COPD medical costs per patient in Matsuura were significantly lower than the rest of Nagasaki Prefecture, as was rate of increase in cost over time. …
- NAID 120005649212
- 延享期~天保期の浦方の廻国巡見使宿 : 越前における巡見使の宿に関する研究(その3)
- Surface activated bonding between bulk single crystal diamond and bulk aluminum
- Fujino Masahisa,Hosoda Naoe,Suga Tadatomo,Ishikawa Nobuhiro,Kuwayama Naoki
- Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 54(8), 081301, 2015-07-01
- … however the rest remained as intrinsic diamond. …
- NAID 150000111200
- 関野 登,佐々木 優花
- 岩手大学農学部演習林報告 46, 37-57, 2015-06-01
- … From the test results it was found that part of the reduction in NHPT was explicable by the damage to the upper panel surface below the nail head, and the rest could be potentially explained by dew condensation on the nail shanks, which affects bond strength between panel elements surrounding nail shanks. …
- NAID 120005625937
- RESTとは、2000年にRoy Fielding氏が提唱した、分散システムにおいて複数のソフトウェアを連携させるのに適した設計原則の集合。また、狭義には、それをWebに適用したソフトウェアの設計様式のこと。一般には後者の意味で用いられる ...
- rest 【1自動】 休む、休息する、休憩する、休養する、眠る 静止する 〔物がある... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- rain forest