- not elaborate or elaborated; simple; "plain food"; "stuck to the plain facts"; "a plain blue suit"; "a plain rectangular brick building"
- extensive tract of level open land; "they emerged from the woods onto a vast open plain"; "he longed for the fields of his youth" (同)field, champaign
- lacking embellishment or ornamentation; "a plain hair style"; "unembellished white walls"; "functional architecture featuring stark unornamented concrete" (同)bare, spare, unembellished, unornamented
- not mixed with extraneous elements; "plain water"; "sheer wine"; "not an unmixed blessing" (同)sheer, unmingled, unmixed
- lacking patterns especially in color (同)unpatterned
- free from any effort to soften to disguise; "the plain and unvarnished truth"; "the unvarnished candor of old people and children" (同)unvarnished
- sell; "We cleared a lot of the old model cars"
- free (the throat) by making a rasping sound; "Clear the throat" (同)clear_up
- make a way or path by removing objects; "Clear a path through the dense forest"
- remove; "clear the leaves from the lawn"; "Clear snow from the road"
- the state of being free of suspicion; "investigation showed that he was in the clear"
- completely; "read the book clear to the end"; "slept clear through the night"; "there were open fields clear to the horizon" (同)all_the_way
- clear and distinct to the senses; easily perceptible; "as clear as a whistle"; "clear footprints in the snow"; "the letter brought back a clear image of his grandfather"; "a spire clean-cut against the sky"; "a clear-cut pattern" (同)clean-cut, clear-cut
- make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear; "Could you clarify these remarks?"; "Clear up the question of who is at fault" (同)clear_up, shed_light_on, crystallize, crystallise, crystalize, crystalise, straighten out, sort out, enlighten, illuminate, elucidate
- easily deciphered (同)decipherable, readable
- affording free passage or view; "a clear view"; "a clear path to victory"; "open waters"; "the open countryside" (同)open
- characterized by ease and quickness in perceiving; "clear mind"; "a percipient author" (同)percipient
- settle, as of a debt; "clear a debt"; "solve an old debt" (同)solve
- pass by, over, or under without making contact; "the balloon cleared the tree tops" (同)top
- (especially of a title) free from any encumbrance or limitation that presents a question of fact or law; "I have clear title to this property" (同)unmortgaged
- allowing light to pass through; "clear water"; "clear plastic bags"; "clear glass"; "the air is clear and clean"
- be debited and credited to the proper bank accounts; "The check will clear within 2 business days"
- characterized by freedom from troubling thoughts (especially guilt); "a clear conscience"; "regarded her questioner with clear untroubled eyes"
- clear from impurities, blemishes, pollution, etc.; "clear the water before it can be drunk"
- clear of charges or deductions; "a clear profit"
- free from clouds or mist or haze; "on a clear day"
- free from confusion or doubt; "a complex problem requiring a clear head"; "not clear about what is expected of us"
- free from contact or proximity or connection; "we were clear of the danger"; "the ship was clear of the reef"
- free from flaw or blemish or impurity; "a clear perfect diamond"; "the clear complexion of a healthy young woman"
- free from payment of customs duties, as of a shipment; "Clear the ship and let it dock"
- go away or disappear; "The fog cleared in the afternoon"
- make clear, bright, light, or translucent; "The water had to be cleared through filtering"
- pass an inspection or receive authorization; "clear customs"
- readily apparent to the mind; "a clear and present danger"; "a clear explanation"; "a clear case of murder"; "a clear indication that she was angry"; "gave us a clear idea of human nature"
- remove (people) from a building; "clear the patrons from the theater after the bomb threat"
- remove the occupants of; "Clear the building"
- rid of instructions or data; "clear a memory buffer"
- unornamented; "a simple country schoolhouse"; "her black dress--simple to austerity"
- any herbaceous plant having medicinal properties
- (botany) of leaf shapes; of leaves having no divisions or subdivisions (同)unsubdivided
- having few parts; not complex or complicated or involved; "a simple problem"; "simple mechanisms"; "a simple design"; "a simple substance"
- appearing as such but not necessarily so; "for all his apparent wealth he had no money to pay the rent"; "the committee investigated some apparent discrepancies"; "the ostensible truth of their theories"; "his seeming honesty" (同)ostensible, seeming
- clearly revealed to the mind or the senses or judgment; "the effects of the drought are apparent to anyone who sees the parched fields"; "evident hostility"; "manifest disapproval"; "patent advantages"; "made his meaning plain"; "it is plain that he is no reactionary"; "in plain view" (同)evident, manifest, patent, plain, unmistakable
- admitting of no doubt or misunderstanding; having only one meaning or interpretation and leading to only one conclusion; "unequivocal evidence"; "took an unequivocal position"; "an unequivocal success"; "an unequivocal promise"; "an unequivocal (or univocal) statement" (同)univocal, unambiguous
- without doubt or question; "they were clearly lost"; "history has clearly shown the folly of that policy"
- in an easily perceptible manner; "could be seen clearly under the microscope"; "She cried loud and clear" (同)clear
- without complaining; "an equally gallant little wife and mother uncomplainingly keeping up the production of tasty and nourishing meals"
- small Australian bird related to the button quail; classified as wading bird but inhabits plains (同)Pedionomus torquatus
- popular Australian game bird (同)Choriotis australis
- expressing sorrowfulness
- 『はっきり見える』(『聞こえる』) / 『はっきり理解できる』,明白な / 全くの(sheer) / 混ぜ物のない,生(き)のままの;飾りのない;無地の / ありのままの / 『質素な』,飾り(模様)のない / (食べ物が)淡白な / 平凡な,並みの,普通の;素朴な / 『平原』,平野;《the Great Plains》(北米の)大平原地帯
- (編みもので)平編みの,基本編みで作った / 平編み,基本編み
- 『晴れた』;明るい(bright) / 『透き通った』,透明な / (形・輪郭などが)『はっきりした』,くっきりした / (音が)はっきり聞こえる(聞き取れる) / 『分かりやすい』,あいまいさのない / 《補語にのみ用いて》はっきり知っている,確信している / 明せきな,理路整然とした / 妨害(支障)のない / 汚れ(しみ,きず)がない / 《補語のみ用いて》(…を)免れた,(…が)ない,(…から)解放された《+『of』+『名』》 / 《名詞の前,時に名詞の後に用いて》丸々の;正味の / はっきりと,明瞭に,明確に / (…から)離れて《+『of』+『名』》 / 全く,まるまる / (…を)…‘から'『取り除く』,片付ける;(人を)…‘から'立ち去らせる《+『名』+『of』+『名』》 / (…から)〈物〉'を'『取り除く』,片付ける;(…から)〈人〉'を'立ち去らせる《『名』『+『from』(『out of』,『off』)+『名』》 / 'を'きれいにする,清らかにする;…を明るくする / …‘に'触れないで越す / (罪・疑い・責任などから)…'を'逃れさせる』,免除する《+『名』+『of』+『名』》 / 〈議会・税関・手形交換所など〉'を'すんなりと通過する,‘の'許可を簡単に得る / 《話》…'を'まるまるもうける,‘の'純益を上げる / 〈負債〉を清算する,〈手形〉を釧済する;〈小切手〉を現金化する / 『明るくなる』;澄む / 消え去る,過ぎ去る / (じゃま物のない)開けた場所,あき地
- 『簡単な』容易な,分かりやすい / (複合に対して)単一の / 『単純な』,込み入っていない / 『純然たる』,全くの / 『飾り気のない』,簡素な,地味な,質素な / 『もったいぶらない』;誠実な,実直な / お人よしの,だまされやすい / 《文》地位のない,普通の,平(ひら)の
- 『明白な』,はっきりした / 『外見上の』,見かけの,うわべの
- 『はっきりと』,明白に / 『疑いもなく』,明らかに / 《返事として》もちろんそのとおり,いかにも
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Formulating blackberry leaf mixtures for preparation of infusions with plant derived sources of sweeteners.
- Komes D1, Belščak-Cvitanović A2, Ljubičić I2, Durgo K2, Cindrić IJ3, Bušić A2, Vojvodić A2.Author information 1Faculty of Food Technology and Biotechnology, Department of Food Engineering, University of Zagreb, Pierottijeva 6, 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia. Electronic address: email@example.comFaculty of Food Technology and Biotechnology, Department of Food Engineering, University of Zagreb, Pierottijeva 6, 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia.3Faculty of Science, Department of Chemistry, University of Zagreb, Horvatovac 102A, 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia.AbstractHerbal mixtures composed of blackberry leaf and natural sweeteners (dried apples, prunes, figs, raisins, apricots, carrot and sweet potato, stevia leaves and liquorice root) were developed. Their nutritive and bioactive profile, biological activity and sensory properties were determined. Formulated mixtures exhibited lower total polyphenol content (259.09-350.00mg GAE/L) when compared to plain blackberry leaf, but contained higher content of chlorogenic, ferulic, p-coumaric, rosmarinic acids and quercetin, as well as some macroelements (Ca, K, Mg) and microelements (Ba, Na). Stevia addition to formulated mixtures ensured higher polyphenolic content. Dried carrot exhibited the highest (0.988g/g) and liquorice the lowest (0.087g/g) content of total sugars but it contributed to the sweetness with 574.48mg/L of glycyrrhizic acid derivatives. Plain blackberry leaf extract exhibited cytotoxic and antioxidative activity on human colon cancer cells. Formulated mixtures exhibited improved flavour profile and balanced sweetness in relation to plain blackberry leaf infusion.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2014 May 15;151:385-93. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.11.087. Epub 2013 Nov 25.
- Herbal mixtures composed of blackberry leaf and natural sweeteners (dried apples, prunes, figs, raisins, apricots, carrot and sweet potato, stevia leaves and liquorice root) were developed. Their nutritive and bioactive profile, biological activity and sensory properties were determined. Formulated
- PMID 24423548
- The effect of mesenchymal stem cell sheets on structural allograft healing of critical sized femoral defects in mice.
- Long T1, Zhu Z2, Awad HA3, Schwarz EM3, Hilton MJ3, Dong Y4.Author information 1Department of Orthopaedics, Ninth People's Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, 639 Zhizaoju Road, Shanghai 200011, China; The Center for Musculoskeletal Research, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 665, Rochester, NY 14642, USA.2Department of Orthopaedics, Ninth People's Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, 639 Zhizaoju Road, Shanghai 200011, China.3The Center for Musculoskeletal Research, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 665, Rochester, NY 14642, USA.4The Center for Musculoskeletal Research, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 665, Rochester, NY 14642, USA. Electronic address: Yufeng_Dong@urmc.rochester.edu.AbstractStructural bone allografts are widely used in the clinic to treat critical sized bone defects, despite lacking the osteoinductive characteristics of live autografts. To address this, we generated revitalized structural allografts wrapped with mesenchymal stem/progenitor cell (MSC) sheets, which were produced by expanding primary syngenic bone marrow derived cells on temperature-responsive plates, as a tissue-engineered periosteum. In vitro assays demonstrated maintenance of the MSC phenotype in the sheets, suggesting that short-term culturing of MSC sheets is not detrimental. To test their efficacy in vivo, allografts wrapped with MSC sheets were transplanted into 4-mm murine femoral defects and compared to allografts with direct seeding of MSCs and allografts without cells. Evaluations consisted of X-ray plain radiography, 3D microCT, histology, and biomechanical testing at 4- and 6-weeks post-surgery. Our findings demonstrate that MSC sheets induce prolonged cartilage formation at the graft-host junction and enhanced bone callus formation, as well as graft-host osteointegration. Moreover, a large periosteal callus was observed spanning the allografts with MSC sheets, which partially mimics live autograft healing. Finally, biomechanical testing showed a significant increase in the structural and functional properties of MSC sheet grafted femurs. Taken together, MSC sheets exhibit enhanced osteogenicity during critical sized bone defect repair, demonstrating the feasibility of this tissue engineering solution for massive allograft healing.
- Biomaterials.Biomaterials.2014 Mar;35(9):2752-9. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2013.12.039. Epub 2014 Jan 3.
- Structural bone allografts are widely used in the clinic to treat critical sized bone defects, despite lacking the osteoinductive characteristics of live autografts. To address this, we generated revitalized structural allografts wrapped with mesenchymal stem/progenitor cell (MSC) sheets, which were
- PMID 24393269
- Noninvasive imaging in pulmonary embolism according to age and gender.
- Stein PD, Matta F.Author information 1Department of Research, St. Mary Mercy Hospital, Livonia, MI, USA.AbstractSome now recommend a lung scan if the plain chest radiograph is normal instead of computed tomographic (CT) angiography to minimize the risks of radiation in younger patients with suspected pulmonary embolism. The purpose of this investigation is to determine practice standards according to age and gender in regard to noninvasive imaging. Data are from the Nationwide Inpatient Patient, 1998 to 2009. In 2006 to 2009, the proportion of females with pulmonary embolism imaged with CT angiography was 275 (90%) of 305 among teenagers and girls, 3990 (87%) of 4570 among women 20 to 40 years, and 25 650 (85%) of 30 160 among women >40 years. Among males the proportion imaged with CT angiography was 175 (92%) of 190 among teenagers and boys, 3000 (89%) of 3370 among men 20 to 40 years, and 21 280 (86%) of 24 800 among men >40 years. In conclusion, contrary to the recommendations of some, CT angiography is usually obtained in young patients.
- Clinical and applied thrombosis/hemostasis : official journal of the International Academy of Clinical and Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis.Clin Appl Thromb Hemost.2014 Mar;20(2):143-6. doi: 10.1177/1076029612462763. Epub 2012 Oct 22.
- Some now recommend a lung scan if the plain chest radiograph is normal instead of computed tomographic (CT) angiography to minimize the risks of radiation in younger patients with suspected pulmonary embolism. The purpose of this investigation is to determine practice standards according to age and
- PMID 23091281
- Children's perspective on the dentist's attire.
- Panda A, Garg I, Bhobe AP.Author information Department of Paediatrics and Preventive Dentistry, Pad. Dr. D. Y. Patil Dental College and Hospital, Navi Mumbai, India.AbstractBACKGROUND: Despite many advances in paediatric dentistry, the greatest challenge for any paediatric dentist is to remove the anxiety related to a dental visit and get the child patient to accept the treatment readily. The manner in which the dentist presents himself plays an important role in cementing a friendly relation with the child.
- International journal of paediatric dentistry / the British Paedodontic Society [and] the International Association of Dentistry for Children.Int J Paediatr Dent.2014 Mar;24(2):98-103. doi: 10.1111/ipd.12032. Epub 2013 Apr 18.
- BACKGROUND: Despite many advances in paediatric dentistry, the greatest challenge for any paediatric dentist is to remove the anxiety related to a dental visit and get the child patient to accept the treatment readily. The manner in which the dentist presents himself plays an important role in cemen
- PMID 23600841
- Long-term trends of sulfur deposition in East Asia during 1981–2005
- Kuribayashi Masatoshi,Ohara Toshimasa,Morino Yu,Uno Itsushi,Kurokawa Jun-ichi,Hara Hiroshi,栗林 正俊
- Atmospheric environment 59, 461-475, 2012-11
- … The increase in the sulfur deposition rate was remarkably high on the North China Plain, around Guangzhou, and south of Chongqing. …
- NAID 120004288250
- 中部の地盤と災害に対する備え : 濃尾平野を例として (全国大会特集 人と未来をつなぐ地域づくり)
- Quartz OSL dating of sand dunes in Ghaggar Basin, northwestern India
- Shitaoka Yorinao,Maemoku Hideaki,Nagatomo Tsuneto
- Geochronometria 39(3), 221-226, 2012-09
- … The Ghaggar River flood plain at Rajasthan, northwestern India, in the northern margin of the Thar Desert, is bordered by sand dunes. … Our interpretation is that, at least since 5 ka, the scale of the flood plain of the Ghaggar River has remained equivalent to that of the present day. …
- NAID 120004873699
- [トウ]石如法書選集の新研究(六)追補 [トウ]石如の古蹟
- 高畑 常信/重田 明彦
- 徳島文理大学研究紀要 84, (1)-(35), 2012-09
- … The contents are as follows: 1) Rewrite the scripts written with ink brush by Deng-Shiru in Zhuan-shu (the engraved seal style of Chinese character writing), Li-shu (the square plain style of Chinese character writing), Kai-shu (the square style of Chinese character writing), Xing-shu (the intermediate style of Chinese character writing), Cao-shu (the cursive style of Chinese character writing) into the modern Chinese characters 2) Translate the scripts into Japanese. …
- NAID 110009478150
- PLAIN インディアン & ヴィクトリー 正規販売店 Top Gallery Used Bike YouTube Indian Motorcycles 公式サイト Vicyory Motorcycles 公式サイト 2015 Autumn GRAND OPEN インディアンモーターサイクル ヴィクトリーモーターサイクル ...
- 鎌倉で「自然の恵みを感じられるライフスタイル」を追求するギャラリー、マーケット、デリカフェから成る複合施設。 ... PLAIN 鎌倉 OPEN 11-17(gallery,market) 11-22(deli&cafe CERCLE) 平日のみ 15:00-16:00 の間クローズ ...
- プログレッシブ英和中辞典(第4版) - /pléin/[形]（～・er, ～・est）1 はっきり見える[聞こえる].2 明らかな, 明白な；平易なthe plain fact｜((主に話))明白な事実in plain English｜わかりやすい英語でin plain words｜ひらたく ...
- Shortness of breath may occur bacause the diaphragm is elevated when the accumulation of fluid becomes more pronounced.
- Other side effects that are related to the pharmacological effects in the CNS include a reduction in libido, parkinsonian signs, and hyperprolactinemia that may become sufficiently pronounced to cause gynecomastia and galactorrhea.(GOO.853)
- apparent, apparently, clear, clearly, evident, evidently, indisputable, obvious, obviously, overt, overtly, palpable, plain, unambiguous, unambiguously, unequivocal
- 1. not equivocal; unambiguous; clear; having only one possible meaning or interpretation:
- 2. absolute; unqualified; not subject to conditions or exceptions:
- (証拠など)明白な、公然の、あからさまの、おもてだった (⇔covert)
- (adv.)overtly 明白に、公然と
- apparent, apparently, clear, clearly, dominant, evident, evidently, indisputable, manifest, obvious, obviously, overtly, palpable, plain, pronounced, unambiguous, unambiguously, unequivocal
- He has visited the practice occasionally in the past for minor complaints.
- fresh water、freshwater
- present complaint