- secret or hidden; not openly practiced or engaged in or shown or avowed; "covert actions by the CIA"; "covert funding for the rebels"
- a flock of coots
- (of a wife) being under the protection of her husband; "a woman covert"
- having a puzzling terseness; "a cryptic note"
- of an obscure nature; "the new insurance policy is written without cryptic or mysterious terms"; "a deep dark secret"; "the inscrutable workings of Providence"; "in its mysterious past it encompasses all the dim origins of life"- Rachel Carson; "rituals totally mystifying to visitors from other lands" (同)cryptical, deep, inscrutable, mysterious, mystifying
- open and observable; not secret or hidden; "an overt lie"; "overt hostility"; "overt intelligence gathering"; "open ballots" (同)open
- designed to elude detection; "a hidden room or place of concealment such as a priest hole"; "a secret passage"; "the secret compartment in the desk" (同)secret
- difficult to find; "hidden valleys"; "a hidden cave"; "an obscure retreat" (同)obscure
- an intelligence operation so planned as to permit plausible denial by the sponsor
- in a covert manner; "he did it covertly"
- to take an action to protect against future problems; "Count the cash in the drawer twice just to cover yourself"
- clothe, as if for protection from the elements; "cover your head!" (同)wrap up
- a recording of a song that was first recorded or made popular by somebody else; "they made a cover of a Beatles song" (同)cover version, cover song
- fire that makes it difficult for the enemy to fire on your own individuals or formations; "artillery provided covering fire for the withdrawal" (同)covering fire
- the act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it; "the cover concealed their guns from enemy aircraft" (同)covering, screening, masking
- a false identity and background (especially one created for an undercover agent); "her new name and passport are cover for her next assignment"
- make up for shortcomings or a feeling of inferiority by exaggerating good qualities; "he is compensating for being a bad father" (同)compensate, overcompensate
- span an interval of distance, space or time; "The war extended over five years"; "The period covered the turn of the century"; "My land extends over the hills on the horizon"; "This farm covers some 200 acres"; "The Archipelago continues for another 500 miles" (同)continue, extend
- hide from view or knowledge; "The President covered the fact that he bugged the offices in the White House" (同)cover up
- protect by insurance; "The insurance wont cover this" (同)insure, underwrite
- form a cover over; "The grass covered the grave" (同)spread over
- act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China" (同)treat, handle, plow, deal, address
- be responsible for guarding an opponent in a game
- be sufficient to meet, defray, or offset the charge or cost of; "Is this enough to cover the check?"
- help out by taking someones place and temporarily assuming his responsibilities; "She is covering for our secretary who is ill this week"
- hold within range of an aimed firearm
- invest with a large or excessive amount of something; "She covered herself with glory"
- maintain a check on; especially by patrolling; "The second officer covered the top floor"
- play a higher card than the one previously played; "Smith covered again"
- protect or defend (a position in a game); "he covered left field"
- provide for; "The grant doesnt cover my salary"
- provide with a covering or cause to be covered; "cover her face with a handkerchief"; "cover the child with a blanket"; "cover the grave with flowers"
- spread over a surface to conceal or protect; "This paint covers well"
- an artifact that covers something else (usually to protect or shelter or conceal it)
- the act of protecting something by covering it
- a natural object that covers or envelops; "under a covering of dust"; "the fox was flushed from its cover" (同)natural covering, cover
- a small inlet
- small or narrow cave in the side of a cliff or mountain
- 隠れ場 / (特に猟獣・猟鳥の隠れる)やぶ,茂み・(比較変化なし)秘密の,隠れた,暗に示した
- (…で)…‘の'『表面をおおう』,'を'包む,かぶせる《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (範囲が)…‘に'『及ぶ』,わたる,'を'取り扱う範囲に入れる / 〈ある距離〉'を'行く,進む(受動態にできない) / …‘に'保険を掛ける / …'を'報道する,取材する / 〈要塞・砲などが〉'を'制圧する / (ピストルなどで)〈人〉'を'ねらう《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (球技などで)〈相手〉の動きなど〉'を'ふせぐ;〈地域など〉'を'守る / (…の)代役をする,身代りをする《+『for』+『名』》 / 〈C〉『おおい』,包むもの,カバー;ふた / 〈C〉『表紙』 / 〈U〉隠れ場所,潜伏所 / 〈U〉姿を隠してくれるもの(暗闇,煙など) / 〈C〉(秘密を隠すための)見せかけ / 〈U〉(…の)保険《+『against』+『名』》 / 〈C〉封筒;(郵便小包などの)包装紙 / 〈C〉毛布,ふとん
- 〈U〉おおうこと;援護 / 〈C〉おおう物(布,ふた,屋根など)
- 小さな入江,小湾 / (山や森の)隠れたくぼみ,奥まった所
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Attachment and couple satisfaction as predictors of expressed emotion in women facing breast cancer and their partners in the immediate post-surgery period.
- Favez N1, Cairo Notari S1, Antonini T1, Charvoz L2.
- British journal of health psychology.Br J Health Psychol.2017 Feb;22(1):169-185. doi: 10.1111/bjhp.12223. Epub 2016 Nov 24.
- OBJECTIVES: To investigate expressed emotion (EE) in couples facing breast cancer in the immediate post-surgery period. EE may be predictive of psychological disturbances that hinder both partners' capacities to cope with the stress of the disease. Severity of the disease, attachment tendencies, and
- PMID 27882634
- Disruptive Potential of the Internet to Transform Illicit Drug Markets and Impact on Future Patterns of Drug Consumption.
- Griffiths P1, Mounteney J1.
- Clinical pharmacology and therapeutics.Clin Pharmacol Ther.2017 Feb;101(2):176-178. doi: 10.1002/cpt.561. Epub 2016 Dec 20.
- The internet facilitates rapid and covert communication, knowledge transfer, and has the potential to disrupt and transform drug market models and associated consumption patterns. Innovation and new trends diffuse rapidly through this medium and new operational models are emerging. Although the onli
- PMID 27995611
- Latent trajectories of adolescent antisocial behavior: Serotonin transporter linked polymorphic region (5-HTTLPR) genotype influences sensitivity to perceived parental support.
- Tung I1, Lee SS1.
- Development and psychopathology.Dev Psychopathol.2017 Feb;29(1):185-201. doi: 10.1017/S0954579416000031. Epub 2016 Feb 5.
- Although prevailing theories of antisocial behavior (ASB) emphasize distinct developmental trajectories, few studies have explored gene-environment interplay underlying membership in empirically derived trajectories. To improve knowledge about the development of overt (e.g., aggression) and covert (
- PMID 26847153
- Covert Hepatic Encephalopathy: Can My Patient Drive?
- Shaw J1, Bajaj JS.
- Journal of clinical gastroenterology.J Clin Gastroenterol.2017 Feb;51(2):118-126. doi: 10.1097/MCG.0000000000000764.
- Liver cirrhosis is a public health problem and hepatic encephalopathy is one of its main complications, which can be either overt meaning thereby evident and readily diagnosed, or covert/minimal (covert hepatic encephalopathy-CHE) needing psychometric testing for diagnosis. Patients with CHE hepatic
- PMID 28027071
- 中学校家庭科における幼児とのふれあい体験学習の効果 : 自分自身を見つめる指導のあり方を探る
- ノーベル賞の国際政治学 : ノーベル平和賞と日本:吉田茂元首相の推薦をめぐる1965年の秘密工作とその帰結
- 最強のNEWヒロイン誕生。『ボーン・アイデンティティー』制作チームが贈る全米大ヒットアクション・ドラマ「コバート・アフェア」 ... 2012.02.09 壁紙をアップしました。 2012.02.09 製作総指揮ダグ・リーマンのインタビューをアップ ...
- Definition of COVERT for Kids 1: a hiding place (as a thicket that gives shelter to game animals) 2: one of the small feathers around the bottom of the ... Learn More About COVERT Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for "covert" ...
- covert, overt. Synonyms Expand 1. clandestine, surreptitious, furtive. Pronunciation note Expand Covert, related to cover, has historically been pronounced [kuhv-ert] /ˈkʌv ərt/ (Show IPA) with [uh] /ʌ/ the same stressed vowel o v, ...
- (証拠など)明白な、公然の、あからさまの、おもてだった (⇔covert)
- (adv.)overtly 明白に、公然と
- apparent, apparently, clear, clearly, dominant, evident, evidently, indisputable, manifest, obvious, obviously, overtly, palpable, plain, pronounced, unambiguous, unambiguously, unequivocal