- of or relating to or denoting numbers; "a numeral adjective" (同)numerical, numeric
- a symbol used to represent a number; "he learned to write the numerals before he went to school" (同)number
- name or recite the numbers in ascending order; "The toddler could count to 100"
- the total number counted; "a blood count"
- the act of counting; reciting numbers in ascending order; "the counting continued for several hours" (同)counting, numeration, enumeration, reckoning, tally
- a nobleman (in various countries) having rank equal to a British earl
- have faith or confidence in; "you can count on me to help you any time"; "Look to your friends for support"; "You can bet on that!"; "Depend on your family in times of crisis" (同)bet, depend, look, calculate, reckon
- have weight; have import, carry weight; "It does not matter much" (同)matter, weigh
- put into a group; "The academy counts several Nobel Prize winners among its members" (同)number
- determine the number or amount of; "Can you count the books on your shelf?"; "Count your change" (同)number, enumerate, numerate
- have a certain value or carry a certain weight; "each answer counts as three points"
- include as if by counting; "I can count my colleagues in the opposition"
- give numbers to; "You should number the pages of the thesis"
- place a limit on the number of (同)keep_down
- a concept of quantity involving zero and units; "every number has a unique position in the sequence"
- the property possessed by a sum or total or indefinite quantity of units or individuals; "he had a number of chores to do"; "the number of parameters is small"; "the figure was about a thousand" (同)figure
- a clothing measurement; "a number 13 shoe"
- an item of merchandise offered for sale; "she preferred the black nylon number"; "this sweater is an all-wool number"
- a numeral or string of numerals that is used for identification; "she refused to give them her Social Security number" (同)identification number
- a select company of people; "I hope to become one of their number before I die"
- the grammatical category for the forms of nouns and pronouns and verbs that are used depending on the number of entities involved (singular or dual or plural); "in English the subject and the verb must agree in number"
- enumerate; "We must number the names of the great mathematicians" (同)list
- one of the elements that collectively form a system of numeration; "0 and 1 are digits" (同)figure
- a finger or toe in human beings or corresponding body part in other vertebrates (同)dactyl
- a symbol in the old Roman notation; I,V,X,L,C,D,M represent 1,5,10,50,100,500,1000 respectively in Arabic notation
- one of the symbols 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 (同)Hindu numeral, Hindu-Arabic numeral
- (14,XIVなどの)『数字』 / (one, twoなどの)数詞 / 数の,数を表す
- (一つ一つ順に)〈数〉'を'『数える』,〈物〉'を'数え上げる《+『up』+『名,』+『名』+『up』》 / …'を'『勘定に入れる』,含める(include) / …'を'『思う』,みなす(consider) / 数を数える,計算する《+『up』》 / 数にはいる,数に含まれる / 価値がある,重大である / 〈C〉〈U〉『数えること』,『計算』 / 〈U〉総数,総計 / 〈U〉(起訴状の)訴因 / 《the~》(ボクシングで)カウント(選手がノックダウンされたときレフリーが1から10まで数えること) / 〈C〉(野救で打者の)ボールカウント / 〈U〉《話》考慮,注目(account)
- 〈U〉〈C〉(数えて得られる)『数,数量』 / 〈C〉(概念としての)『数,数字』 / 〈C〉『番号』 / 〈C〉(演奏会や演劇の)番組,出し物;曲目 / 〈C〉(雑誌の)号 / 〈U〉(文法で)数(すう) / 《複数形で》数の上の優勢 / 《複数形で》算数 / 〈C〉《単数形で》《話》(商品としての)洋服の1点;商品,売り物 / 〈C〉《単随形で》《俗》女の子 / …‘を'数える / (…の中に,…として)…‘を'含める,加える《+『among』(『with, as』)+『名』》 / …‘に'番号をつける / …‘の'数となる / 《しばしば受動態で》…‘の'数を制限する / 総計(…に)なる《+『in』+『名』〈数〉》
- (手足の)指 / アラビア数字(0から9までの一つ;0を除くこともある)
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Learning From Number Board Games: You Learn What You Encode.
- Laski EV, Siegler RS.AbstractWe tested the hypothesis that encoding the numerical-spatial relations in a number board game is a key process in promoting learning from playing such games. Experiment 1 used a microgenetic design to examine the effects on learning of the type of counting procedure that children use. As predicted, having kindergartners count-on from their current number on the board while playing a 0-100 number board game facilitated their encoding of the numerical-spatial relations on the game board and improved their number line estimates, numeral identification, and count-on skill. Playing the same game using the standard count-from-1 procedure led to considerably less learning. Experiment 2 demonstrated that comparable improvement in number line estimation does not occur with practice encoding the numerals 1-100 outside of the context of a number board game. The general importance of aligning learning activities and physical materials with desired mental representations is discussed. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2013 APA, all rights reserved).
- Developmental psychology.Dev Psychol.2013 Oct 7. [Epub ahead of print]
- We tested the hypothesis that encoding the numerical-spatial relations in a number board game is a key process in promoting learning from playing such games. Experiment 1 used a microgenetic design to examine the effects on learning of the type of counting procedure that children use. As predicted,
- PMID 24099546
- Pre-medication with sublingual fentanyl did not relieve pain associated with bone marrow aspiration and biopsy: A randomized feasibility trial.
- Kuivalainen AM, Ebeling F, Rosenberg PH.SourceDepartment of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Helsinki, Finland.
- European journal of pain (London, England).Eur J Pain.2013 Oct;17(9):1357-64. doi: 10.1002/j.1532-2149.2013.00303.x. Epub 2013 Mar 18.
- BACKGROUND: Bone marrow aspiration and/or biopsy (BMAB) is often an unpleasant and painful procedure in spite of local anaesthetic infiltration. This randomized placebo-controlled trial compared the pain relieving effect of sublingual fentanyl and placebo during BMAB.METHODS: One hundred sixty patie
- PMID 23509019
- Neural correlates of quantity processing of numeral classifiers.
- Cui J, Yu X, Yang H, Chen C, Liang P, Zhou X.SourceSiegler Center for Innovative Learning, National Key Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience and Learning, Beijing Normal University.
- Neuropsychology.Neuropsychology.2013 Sep;27(5):583-94. doi: 10.1037/a0033630. Epub 2013 Aug 12.
- Objective: Classifiers play an important role in describing the quantity information of objects. Few studies have been conducted to investigate the brain organization for quantity processing of classifiers. In the current study, we investigated whether activation of numeral classifiers was specific
- PMID 23937482
- Developmental gains in visuospatial memory predict gains in mathematics achievement.
- Li Y, Geary DC.SourceDepartment of Educational, School, and Counseling Psychology, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, USA.
- PloS one.PLoS One.2013 Jul 31;8(7):e70160. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0070160. Print 2013.
- Visuospatial competencies are related to performance in mathematical domains in adulthood, but are not consistently related to mathematics achievement in children. We confirmed the latter for first graders and demonstrated that children who show above average first-to-fifth grade gains in visuospati
- PMID 23936154
- 鍛治 広真
- 北方言語研究 2, 35-45, 2012-03-26
- … (iv) A person's age, when added to a numeral. …
- NAID 120004094742
- 規則処理とCRFに基づくアクセント予測の高精度化 (音声)
- 小林 俊平,清水 信哉,峯松 信明
- 電子情報通信学会技術研究報告 : 信学技報 111(471), 95-100, 2012-03-08
- NAID 40019222634
- Generates every possible combination of black-and-white squares in a grid of 32 x 32 beginning with all white squares and ending with all black. On an average computer, it would take several hundred trillion years for the process to conclude.
- Definition of numeral from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games.
- digitus、finger、numeral、order、order of magnitude