- one of the elements that collectively form a system of numeration; "0 and 1 are digits" (同)figure
- a finger or toe in human beings or corresponding body part in other vertebrates (同)dactyl
- make a request for something; "Order me some flowers"; "order a work stoppage"
- bring order to or into; "Order these files"
- established customary state (especially of society); "order ruled in the streets"; "law and order"
- place in a certain order; "order the photos chronologically"
- a degree in a continuum of size or quantity; "it was on the order of a mile"; "an explosion of a low order of magnitude" (同)order_of_magnitude
- the act of putting things in a sequential arrangement; "there were mistakes in the ordering of items on the list" (同)ordering
- (architecture) one of original three styles of Greek architecture distinguished by the type of column and entablature used or a style developed from the original three by the Romans
- a group of person living under a religious rule; "the order of Saint Benedict" (同)monastic order
- a commercial document used to request someone to supply something in return for payment and providing specifications and quantities; "IBM received an order for a hundred computers" (同)purchase order
- a body of rules followed by an assembly (同)rules of order, parliamentary law, parliamentary procedure
- (biology) taxonomic group containing one or more families
- (often plural) a command given by a superior (e.g., a military or law enforcement officer) that must be obeyed; "the British ships dropped anchor and waited for orders from London"
- a request for something to be made, supplied, or served; "I gave the waiter my order"; "the companys products were in such demand that they got more orders than their call center could handle"
- issue commands or orders for (同)prescribe, dictate
- give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority; "I said to him to go home"; "She ordered him to do the shopping"; "The mother told the child to get dressed" (同)tell, enjoin, say
- the property of relative size or extent (whether large or small); "they tried to predict the magnitude of the explosion"; "about the magnitude of a small pea"
- relative importance; "a problem of the first magnitude"
- having a systematic arrangement; especially having elements succeeding in order according to rule; "an ordered sequence"
- logical or comprehensible arrangement of separate elements; "we shall consider these questions in the inverse order of their presentation" (同)order, ordination
- (手足の)指 / アラビア数字(0から9までの一つ;0を除くこともある)
- 〈C〉《しばしば複数形で》『命令』,指図,指令 / 〈U〉(物事の)『順序』,順番 / 〈U〉(自然界の)『秣序』 / 〈U〉(社会の)治安,秣序 / 〈U〉整頓(せいとん)された状態,きちんとしていること《good,badなどを伴って》(一般に物事の)調子, 状態 / 〈U〉(商品などの)『注文』《+『for』+『名』》 / 〈C〉調文品 / 〈C〉(レストランなどでの料理の)一盛り / 〈C〉種類,等級,品資(kind, sort) / 〈C〉(動植物分類の)目(もく) / 〈C〉聖職者の階級;《複数形で》聖職 / 〈C〉《しばしばO-》教団,教派;(ある特殊な)社会 / 〈C〉《しばしばO-》勲位,勲章 / 〈C〉(古代ギリシャの)建築様式,柱式 / …‘を'『命令する』,指図する;〈人〉‘に'命令する / 《方向を表す副詞[句]を伴って》〈人〉‘に'行くように命じる / 〈商品など〉‘を'『注文する』;…‘を'あつらえる / …‘を'整頓(せいとん)する,きちんとする / 命令する;注文する
- 《所有・所属》…『の』,…のものである,…に属する・《材料・要素》…『でできた』,から成る・《部分》…『の』[『中の』] ・《数量・単位・種類を表す名詞に付いて》…の・《原因・動機》…『で』,のために(because of) ・《主格関係》…『の』,による,によって・《目的格関係》…『を』,の・《同格関係》…『という』・《関係・関連》…『についての』[『の』],の点で・《抽象名詞などと共に》…の[性質をもつ] ・《『It is』+『形』+『of』+『名』+『to』 doの形で,ofの後の名詞を意味上の主語として》・《分離》…『から』・《起原・出所》…『から』[『の』](out of) ・《『名』+『of』+『a』(『an』)+『名』の形で》…のような・《『名』+『of』+『mine』(『yours, his』など独立所有格)の形で》…の…・《時》(1)《副詞句を作って》…に《形容詞句を作って》…の・《時刻》《米》…前(to,《米》before)
- 『大きさ』,規模 / 『重要さ』(importance);(精神的な)偉大さ,高潔 / (星の)光度,等級 / マグニチュード(地震の強さなどの数量的単位)
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Iron oxide nanoparticle agglomeration influences dose rates and modulates oxidative stress-mediated dose-response profiles in vitro.
- Sharma G, Kodali V, Gaffrey M, Wang W, Minard KR, Karin NJ, Teeguarden JG, Thrall BD.Author information Battelle Memorial Institute , Columbus, OH , USA.AbstractAbstract Spontaneous agglomeration of engineered nanoparticles (ENPs) is a common problem in cell culture media which can confound interpretation of in vitro nanotoxicity studies. The authors created stable agglomerates of iron oxide nanoparticles (IONPs) in conventional culture medium, which varied in hydrodynamic size (276 nm-1.5 μm) but were composed of identical primary particles with similar surface potentials and protein coatings. Studies using C10 lung epithelial cells show that the dose rate effects of agglomeration can be substantial, varying by over an order of magnitude difference in cellular dose in some cases. Quantification by magnetic particle detection showed that small agglomerates of carboxylated IONPs induced greater cytotoxicity and redox-regulated gene expression when compared with large agglomerates on an equivalent total cellular IONP mass dose basis, whereas agglomerates of amine-modified IONPs failed to induce cytotoxicity or redox-regulated gene expression despite delivery of similar cellular doses. Dosimetry modelling and experimental measurements reveal that on a delivered surface area basis, large and small agglomerates of carboxylated IONPs have similar inherent potency for the generation of ROS, induction of stress-related genes and eventual cytotoxicity. The results suggest that reactive moieties on the agglomerate surface are more efficient in catalysing cellular ROS production than molecules buried within the agglomerate core. Because of the dynamic, size and density-dependent nature of ENP delivery to cells in vitro, the biological consequences of agglomeration are not discernible from static measures of exposure concentration (μg/ml) alone, highlighting the central importance of integrated physical characterisation and quantitative dosimetry for in vitro studies. The combined experimental and computational approach provides a quantitative framework for evaluating relationships between the biocompatibility of nanoparticles and their physical and chemical characteristics.
- Nanotoxicology.Nanotoxicology.2014 Sep;8:663-75. doi: 10.3109/17435390.2013.822115. Epub 2013 Jul 31.
- Abstract Spontaneous agglomeration of engineered nanoparticles (ENPs) is a common problem in cell culture media which can confound interpretation of in vitro nanotoxicity studies. The authors created stable agglomerates of iron oxide nanoparticles (IONPs) in conventional culture medium, which varied
- PMID 23837572
- Effect of pulsed electric field treatment on enzyme kinetics and thermostability of endogenous ascorbic acid oxidase in carrots (Daucus carota cv. Nantes).
- Leong SY, Oey I.Author information Department of Food Science, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand.AbstractThe objective of this research was to study the enzyme kinetics and thermostability of endogenous ascorbic acid oxidase (AAO) in carrot purée (Daucus carota cv. Nantes) after being treated with pulsed electric field (PEF) processing. Various PEF treatments using electric field strength between 0.2 and 1.2kV/cm and pulsed electrical energy between 1 and 520kJ/kg were conducted. The enzyme kinetics and the kinetics of AAO thermal inactivation (55-70°C) were described using Michaelis-Menten model and first order reaction model, respectively. Overall, the estimated Vmax and KM values were situated in the same order of magnitude as the untreated carrot purée after being exposed to pulsed electrical energy between 1 and 400kJ/kg, but slightly changed at pulsed electrical energy above 500kJ/kg. However, AAO presented different thermostability depending on the electric field strength applied. After PEF treatment at the electric field strength between 0.2 and 0.5kV/cm, AAO became thermolabile (i.e. increase in inactivation rate (k value) at reference temperature) but the temperature dependence of k value (Ea value) for AAO inactivation in carrot purée decreased, indicating that the changes in k values were less temperature dependent. It is obvious that PEF treatment affects the temperature stability of endogenous AAO. The changes in enzyme kinetics and thermostability of AAO in carrot purée could be related to the resulting carrot purée composition, alteration in intracellular environment and the effective concentration of AAO released after being subjected to PEF treatment.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2014 Mar 1;146:538-47. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.09.096. Epub 2013 Sep 25.
- The objective of this research was to study the enzyme kinetics and thermostability of endogenous ascorbic acid oxidase (AAO) in carrot purée (Daucus carota cv. Nantes) after being treated with pulsed electric field (PEF) processing. Various PEF treatments using electric field strength between 0.2
- PMID 24176379
- Antimicrobial activity of antihypertensive food-derived peptides and selected alanine analogues.
- McClean S, Beggs LB, Welch RW.Author information Biomedical Sciences Research Institute, University of Ulster, Coleraine BT52 1SA, UK. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractThis study evaluated four food-derived peptides with known antihypertensive activities for antimicrobial activity against pathogenic microorganisms, and assessed structure-function relationships using alanine analogues. The peptides (EVSLNSGYY, barley; PGTAVFK, soybean; TTMPLW, α-casein; VHLPP, α-zein) and the six alanine substitution peptides of PGTAVFK were synthesised, characterised and evaluated for antimicrobial activity using the bacteria, Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and Micrococcus luteus and the yeast, Candida albicans. The peptides TTMPLW and PGTAVFK inhibited growth of all four microorganisms tested, with activities of a similar order of magnitude to ampicillin and ethanol controls. EVSLNSGYY inhibited the growth of the bacteria, but VHLPP showed no antimicrobial activity. The alanine analogue, PGAAVFK showed the highest overall antimicrobial activity and PGTAVFA showed no activity; overall, the activities of the analogues were consistent with their structures. Some peptides with antihypertensive activity also show antimicrobial activity, suggesting that food-derived peptides may exert beneficial effects via a number of mechanisms.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2014 Mar 1;146:443-7. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.09.094. Epub 2013 Sep 25.
- This study evaluated four food-derived peptides with known antihypertensive activities for antimicrobial activity against pathogenic microorganisms, and assessed structure-function relationships using alanine analogues. The peptides (EVSLNSGYY, barley; PGTAVFK, soybean; TTMPLW, α-casein; VHLPP, α-
- PMID 24176365
- Formation of Elastic Gels from Deacetylated Chitin Nanofibers Reinforced with Sulfobutyl Ether β-Cyclodextrin
- Anraku Makoto,Iohara Daisuke,Hiraga Ayumu,Uekama Kaneto,Ifuku Shinsuke,Pipkin James D.,Hirayama Fumitoshi
- Chemistry Letters, 2015
- … Among the various CyDs tested and their derivatives, SBE-β-CyD formed a stiff, non-fluid elastic gel that can be easily formed into a variety of shapes, whereas other gels prepared from neutral CyDs formed a weak, rather fluid gels. … The viscosity of the deacetylated chitin nanofiber/SBE-β-CyD gel was higher by about one order of magnitude at a 1.0%w/v concentration of SBE-β-CyD. …
- NAID 130004703984
- InGaAs axial-junction nanowire-array solar cells
- Nakai Eiji,Chen Muyi,Yoshimura Masatoshi,Tomioka Katsuhiro,Fukui Takashi
- Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 54(1), 015201, 2014-12-15
- … The measured electron-beam-induced current (EBIC) signals showed the formation of an axial p–i–n junction, which confirms power generation under sunlight illumination. … The series resistance of the NW SCs is much higher than that of conventional planar SCs based on Si or other III–V compound semiconductors. …
- NAID 150000110007
- Measurement of energy flux to a substrate by thermal and Langmuir probes during inductively coupled plasma assisted DC magnetron sputtering
- Matsuda Yoshinobu,Mine Kenji,Wakiyama Shintaro,Shinohara Masanori
- Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 54(1S), 01AB02, 2014-11-06
- … To understand the deposition mechanism during the inductively coupled plasma (ICP) assisted DC magnetron sputter-deposition of transparent conductive Al-doped ZnO (AZO) films, energy flux to a substrate was investigated. …
- NAID 150000110060
- Order Of Magnitude is powered by WordPress 3.0 and delivered to you in 3.024 seconds using 23 queries. ...
- order of magnitudeとは。意味や和訳。1 大規模.2 ある単位からその10倍までの範囲，桁. - goo英和辞書は14万項目以上を収録し、発音、音声、慣用句、例文が分かる英和辞書です。
- digit、order、order of magnitude
- digitus、finger、numeral、order、order of magnitude
- of the order of ～: ほぼ～程度の
- Body stores are of the order of 2-4mg, sufficient for 3-4 years if supplies are completely cut off.