- of the field of academic study in which one concentrates or specializes; "his major field was mathematics"
- a commissioned military officer in the United States Army or Air Force or Marines; below lieutenant colonel and above captain
- a university student who is studying a particular field as the principal subject; "she is a linguistics major"
- the principal field of study of a student at a university; "her major is linguistics"
- greater in number or size or amount; "a major portion (a majority) of the population"; "Ursa Major"; "a major portion of the winnings"
- greater in scope or effect; "a major contribution"; "a major improvement"; "a major break with tradition"; "a major misunderstanding"
- have as ones principal field of study; "She is majoring in linguistics"
- of a scale or mode; "major scales"; "the key of D major"
- of full legal age
- of greater importance or stature or rank; "a major artist"; "a major role"; "major highways"
- of greater seriousness or danger; "a major earthquake"; "a major hurricane"; "a major illness"
- of the elder of two boys with the same family name; "Jones major"
- any of various organs that synthesize substances needed by the body and release it through ducts or directly into the bloodstream (同)secretory organ, secretor, secreter
- a clear liquid secreted into the mouth by the salivary glands and mucous glands of the mouth; moistens the mouth and starts the digestion of starches (同)spit, spittle
- of or relating to saliva; "salivary gland"
- British statesman who was prime minister from 1990 until 1997 (born in 1943) (同)John Major, John R. Major, John Roy Major
- 『大きい』(『多い』)『ほうの』,いっそう重要な / (音階が)長調の,長音階の / 《英》《昔の学校で同姓または兄弟生徒を区別するために姓の後につけて》年長の,兄の / 《しばしばM-》陸軍(空軍)少佐 / 《米》専攻科目;専攻学生 / 《the majors》《米》=major leagues / (科目を)専攻する《+『in』+『名』》
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Developmental variation of the SUUR protein binding correlates with gene regulation and specific chromatin types in D. melanogaster.
- Maksimov DA1, Koryakov DE, Belyakin SN.
- Chromosoma.Chromosoma.2014 Jun;123(3):253-64. doi: 10.1007/s00412-013-0445-6. Epub 2013 Nov 29.
- Eukaryotic genomes are organized in large chromatin domains that maintain proper gene activity in the cell. These domains may be permissive or repressive to the transcription of underlying genes. Based on its protein makeup, chromatin in Drosophila cell culture has been recently categorized into fiv
- PMID 24292500
- Prognostic factors in primary salivary gland mucoepidermoid carcinoma: an analysis of 376 cases in an Eastern Chinese population.
- Liu S1, Ow A2, Ruan M3, Yang W1, Zhang C4, Wang L4, Zhang C1.
- International journal of oral and maxillofacial surgery.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg.2014 Jun;43(6):667-73. doi: 10.1016/j.ijom.2014.01.008. Epub 2014 Feb 23.
- Mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) is an infrequent malignant neoplasm that originates most commonly in the salivary glands. The present study aimed to provide new information on prognostic factors in patients with salivary gland MEC. A retrospective analysis of the medical records of patients diagnosed
- PMID 24568836
- Multiple Roles of Perforin in Hampering ERBB-2 (Her-2/neu) Carcinogenesis in Transgenic Male Mice.
- Macagno M1, Bandini S1, Stramucci L2, Quaglino E1, Conti L1, Balmas E1, Smyth MJ3, Lollini PL4, Musiani P2, Forni G1, Iezzi M2, Cavallo F5.
- Journal of immunology (Baltimore, Md. : 1950).J Immunol.2014 Jun 1;192(11):5434-41. doi: 10.4049/jimmunol.1301248. Epub 2014 Apr 30.
- Perforin (pfp)-mediated cytotoxicity is one of the principal immunosurveillance mechanisms involved in the fight against cancer. However, its importance in spontaneous epithelial cancer is still poorly defined. In this study, we use a realistic mouse model that displays many features that are equiva
- PMID 24790144
- 佐藤 しづ子,笹野 高嗣
- 薬学雑誌. 乙号 135(6), 783-787, 2015
- … We examined the gustatory-salivary reflex to explore a remedy for dry mouth. … We have demonstrated that umami stimulation increases saliva from both minor- and major salivary-glands, and that the effect is longer-lasting than with the other four basic tastes. …
- NAID 130005071783
- 松塚 崇,鈴木 政博,西條 聡 [他],池田 雅一,大森 孝一
- 耳鼻咽喉科臨床 108(4), 317-322, 2015
- … Elastography is based on two major imaging techniques: the first method is strain elasticity imaging, also called static elastography, and the second method is acoustic stress elasticity imaging, or dynamic elastography, including acoustic radiation force impulse imaging, which applies a short-duration acoustic radiation force to the region of interest, and this method can enable qualitative visual and quantitative value measurements. …
- NAID 130005061540
- Expression and Localization of α-amylase in the Submandibular and Sublingual Glands of Mice
- Yamagishi Ryoko,Wakayama Tomohiko,Nakata Hiroki,Adthapanyawanich Kannika,Kumchantuek Tewarat,Yamamoto Miyuki,Iseki Shoichi
- Acta histochemica et cytochemica 47(3), 95-102, 2014-06-28
- … In the major salivary glands of mice, acinar cells in the parotid gland (PG) are known to be the main site for the production of the digestive enzyme α-amylase, whereas α-amylase production in the submandibular gland (SMG) and sublingual gland (SLG), as well as the cell types responsible for α-amylase production, has been less firmly established. …
- NAID 120005478717
- Parotid gland Human parotid gland, the largest salivary glands, locates within the triangle surrounded superiorly by the zygomatic arch, anteriorly by the masseter, and posteriorly by the sternocleidomastoid. The inferior ...
- 3. Diagnosis 3.1. Signs and symptoms 3.1.1. Major salivary gland tumors Every painless swelling of a salivary gland must arouse suspicion, especially if there are no signs of inflammation. Malignant tumors comprise 15–32% of ...
- major salivary gland, major salivary glands (Z)
- glandulae salivariae majores
- 三大唾液腺、大口腔腺 major glands of mouth