- mark with lines; "sorrow had lined his face"
- a length (straight or curved) without breadth or thickness; the trace of a moving point
- a single frequency (or very narrow band) of radiation in a spectrum
- reinforce with fabric; "lined books are more enduring"
- a particular kind of product or merchandise; "a nice line of shoes" (同)product line, line of products, line of merchandise, business line, line of business
- the road consisting of railroad track and roadbed (同)railway line, rail line
- a commercial organization serving as a common carrier
- acting in conformity; "in line with"; "he got out of line"; "toe the line"
- something (as a cord or rope) that is long and thin and flexible; "a washing line"
- a conceptual separation or distinction; "there is a narrow line between sanity and insanity" (同)dividing_line, demarcation, contrast
- a formation of people or things one behind another; "the line stretched clear around the corner"; "you must wait in a long line at the checkout counter"
- a formation of people or things one beside another; "the line of soldiers advanced with their bayonets fixed"; "they were arrayed in line of battle"; "the cast stood in line for the curtain call"
- a fortified position (especially one marking the most forward position of troops); "they attacked the enemys line"
- a mark that is long relative to its width; "He drew a line on the chart"
- a spatial location defined by a real or imaginary unidimensional extent
- in games or sports; a mark indicating positions or bounds of the playing area
- persuasive but insincere talk that is usually intended to deceive or impress; "`let me show you my etchings is a rather worn line"; "he has a smooth line but I didnt fall for it"; "that salesman must have practiced his fast line of talk"
- text consisting of a row of words written across a page or computer screen; "the letter consisted of three short lines"; "there are six lines in every stanza"
- be in line with; form a line along; "trees line the riverbank" (同)run along
- cover the interior of; "line the gloves"; "line a chimney"
- fill plentifully; "line ones pockets"
- providing something with a surface of a different material (同)facing
- a protective covering that protects an inside surface (同)liner
- the act of attaching an inside lining (to a garment or curtain etc.)
- having a lining or a liner; often used in combination; "a lined skirt"; "a silk-lined jacket"
- (used especially of skin) marked by lines or seams; "their lined faces were immeasurably sad"; "a seamed face" (同)seamed
- bordered by a line of things; "tree lined streets"
- Chinese distance measure; approximately 0.5 kilometers
- 『線』,筋,けい / (色・縫い目などの)『線』,しま;(顔・手などの)しわ(wrinkle) / (物・人の)『列』,行列(row) / 『綱』,糸,針金 / 電線,電話線,電信線 / (文章の)『行』;(詩の)『行』 / 《しばしばa~》《話》『短い手紙』(note) / 《複数形で》輪郭,外形(outline) / 境界線(boundary);限界,限度(limit) / (鉄道・バスなどの)路線;航路,空路 / 《複数形で》せりふ / 進路,道順(course);(考えなどの)筋道,方針 / 《しばしばone's~》(活動の)分野,方面;特意 / 家系,血統,血筋 / 在庫商品,仕入れ品 / 導管,パイプライン / 《しばしば複数形で》戦線,防御線 / …‘に'『線を引く』,筋(しま,しわ)をつける / …‘に'『沿って並ぶ;』(…を)…‘に'沿って並べる《+『名』+『with』+『名』》
- (材料で)〈着物など〉‘に'裏を付ける《+『名』『with』+『名』》 / (…で)…‘を'満たす,(…を)…‘に'詰め込む《+『名』+『with』+『名』》
- 〈U〉(服などの)裏張り,裏塗り / 〈U〉裏地,裏材
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Major clinical features of synostotic occipital plagiocephaly: mechanisms of cranial deformations.
- Matushita H1, Alonso N, Cardeal DD, de Andrade FG.Author information 1Department of Neurosurgery, Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery, University of São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil, email@example.com.AbstractPURPOSE: The clinical diagnosis of most common single-suture craniosynostosis is easily set, based on the stereotype of deformities and knowledge of the mechanisms of cranial deformations. However, synostosis of unilateral lambdoid suture, probably due to its lower incidence and similarity with other non-synostotic deformities affecting the posterior portion of the skull, makes its clinical diagnosis more difficult and imprecise. The aim of this study is to evaluate the most easily and accurate clinical characteristics to be recognized in the synostotic occipital plagiocephaly.
- Child's nervous system : ChNS : official journal of the International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery.Childs Nerv Syst.2014 Apr 12. [Epub ahead of print]
- PURPOSE: The clinical diagnosis of most common single-suture craniosynostosis is easily set, based on the stereotype of deformities and knowledge of the mechanisms of cranial deformations. However, synostosis of unilateral lambdoid suture, probably due to its lower incidence and similarity with othe
- PMID 24728485
- The relationship between dens height and alar ligament orientation: a radiologic study.
- Osmotherly PG1, Rawson OA, Rowe LJ.Author information 1School of Health Sciences, The University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW, Australia. Peter.Osmotherly@newcastle.edu.auAbstractOBJECTIVE: This study examined the anatomical assumptions underlying multiplanar alar ligament stress testing. The alar ligament has been described as occurring in 1 of 3 planes: caudocranial, horizontal, and craniocaudal. This has been stated to result from variation in dens height. Stress testing in all 3 planes is suggested, with increased translation present in all positions to infer instability.
- Journal of manipulative and physiological therapeutics.J Manipulative Physiol Ther.2011 Mar-Apr;34(3):181-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jmpt.2011.02.006.
- OBJECTIVE: This study examined the anatomical assumptions underlying multiplanar alar ligament stress testing. The alar ligament has been described as occurring in 1 of 3 planes: caudocranial, horizontal, and craniocaudal. This has been stated to result from variation in dens height. Stress testing
- PMID 21492753
- [The neuroradiological diagnosis of the basilar impression in routine viewing of full size radiographs of the skull].
- Benkenstein H, Sörgel HJ.AbstractAfter a survey of the literature and the representation of the problems of the varied, frequently bony malformations of the cranivertebral transitional region, the basilar impression, neuroradiological measured values obtained by the authors for the craniocervical region are given. From the great variety of measuring methods three procedures, line after McGregor, bimastoid line and height index after Klaus, because of their informative value and simple application, were superimposed. The limiting values were obtained from the sum of mean value and standard deviation. The measured values used were obtained from 2,000 full-size skull radiographs and processed for statistical purposes. By means of this measuring pattern it is possible to assess quickly the transitional region of the general skull radiographs with respect to the presence of a basilar impression.
- Psychiatrie, Neurologie, und medizinische Psychologie.Psychiatr Neurol Med Psychol (Leipz).1979 Nov;31(11):646-53.
- After a survey of the literature and the representation of the problems of the varied, frequently bony malformations of the cranivertebral transitional region, the basilar impression, neuroradiological measured values obtained by the authors for the craniocervical region are given. From the great va
- PMID 549039
- The bimastoid line has been described and used to evaluate basilar invagination on frontal skull plain film and coronal recontructed CT image.The bimastoid line is drawn between right and left tip of mastoids. The tip of the odontoid ...
- The bimastoid line is used to assess for the presence of basilar invagination on radiographic imaging. ... Summary: The bimastoid line is a line connecting the tip of the right and left mastoid bones. The distance below this line to the ...
- Fischgold-Metzger line
- 両乳様突起線 bimastoid line
- bimastoid line
- long interspersed nuclear element, long interspersed nucleotide element, long interspersed element, long interspersed repetitive elements, LINEs, long interspersed repeat sequences
- quoted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_interspersed_nucleotide_elements#LINEs
- Long interspersed nuclear elements are a group of genetic elements that are found in large numbers in eukaryotic genomes. They are transcribed (or are the evolutionary remains of what was once transcribed) to an RNA using an RNA polymerase II promoter that resides inside the LINE. LINEs code for the enzyme reverse transcriptase, and many LINEs also code for an endonuclease (e.g. RNase H). The reverse transcriptase has a higher specificity for the LINE RNA than other RNA, and makes a DNA copy of the RNA that can be integrated into the genome at a new site.
- The 5' UTR contains the promoter sequence, while the 3' UTR contains a polyadenylation signal (AATAAA) and a poly-A tail. Because LINEs move by copying themselves (instead of moving, like transposons do), they enlarge the genome. The human genome, for example, contains about 20,000-40,000 LINEs, which is roughly 21% of the genome.