- any of various water-soluble compounds capable of turning litmus blue and reacting with an acid to form a salt and water; "bases include oxides and hydroxides of metals and ammonia" (同)alkali
- (numeration system) the positive integer that is equivalent to one in the next higher counting place; "10 is the radix of the decimal system" (同)radix
- the bottom side of a geometric figure from which the altitude can be constructed; "the base of the triangle"
- situate as a center of operations; "we will base this project in the new lab"
- a place that the runner must touch before scoring; "he scrambled to get back to the bag" (同)bag
- installation from which a military force initiates operations; "the attack wiped out our forward bases" (同)base of operations
- a support or foundation; "the base of the lamp" (同)pedestal, stand
- (electronics) the part of a transistor that separates the emitter from the collector
- a flat bottom on which something is intended to sit; "a tub should sit on its own base"
- the principal ingredient of a mixture; "glycerinated gelatin is used as a base for many ointments"; "he told the painter that he wanted a yellow base with just a hint of green"; "everything she cooked seemed to have rice as the base"
- the place where you are stationed and from which missions start and end (同)home
- (anatomy) the part of an organ nearest its point of attachment; "the base of the skull"
- the bottom or lowest part; "the base of the mountain"
- illegitimate (同)baseborn
- of low birth or station (`base is archaic in this sense); "baseborn wretches with dirty faces"; "of humble (or lowly) birth" (同)baseborn, humble, lowly
- not adhering to ethical or moral principles; "base and unpatriotic motives"; "a base, degrading way of life"; "cheating is dishonorable"; "they considered colonialism immoral"; "unethical practices in handling public funds" (同)immoral
- having or showing an ignoble lack of honor or morality; "that liberal obedience without which your army would be a base rabble"- Edmund Burke; "taking a mean advantage"; "chokd with ambition of the meaner sort"- Shakespeare; "something essentially vulgar and meanspirited in politics" (同)mean, meanspirited
- (used of metals) consisting of or alloyed with inferior metal; "base coins of aluminum"; "a base metal"
- debased; not genuine; "an attempt to eliminate the base coinage"
- 《文》(人や人の行動・孝えが)『卑しい』,下劣な / (金属が)質の劣った;(貨幣が)粗悪な
- 『基礎』,根拠 / 『基部』,基底,土台 / 『根拠地』,基地 / (野球の)塁,ベース / 主成分;塩基(酸と反応シテ塩(官)を生じる化合物) / (数学で図形の)底;底辺;基線 / (…に)…‘の'『基礎をおく』《+『名』+『on』(『upon』)+『名』》
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- 未遂犯を基礎づける客観面と主観面に関する一考察 : 英米未遂犯論と「モラル・ラック(道徳的運)」をめぐる議論を参考に
- 日本特許侵害訴訟における知財価値評価 : 寄与率,推定の覆滅を基礎づける要因 (特集 知財とマネー)
- 知財管理 = Intellectual property management 66(4), 459-470, 2016-04
- NAID 40020786559
- 弁護団レポート 自治労連弁護団 「更新期待の合理性」を基礎づける主張を展開して勝ち取る : 足立区立竹の塚図書館職員不当雇止め事件