- cause to be in a certain state; cause to be in a certain relation; "That song put me in awful good humor"; "put your ideas in writing"
- attribute or give; "She put too much emphasis on her the last statement"; "He put all his efforts into this job"; "The teacher put an interesting twist to the interpretation of the story" (同)assign
- put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point" (同)set, place, pose, position, lay
- adapt; "put these words to music"
- cause (someone) to undergo something; "He put her to the torture"
- tell an untruth; pretend with intent to deceive; "Dont lie to your parents"; "She lied when she told me she was only 29"
- a statement that deviates from or perverts the truth (同)prevarication
- position or manner in which something is situated
- have a place in relation to something else; "The fate of Bosnia lies in the hands of the West"; "The responsibility rests with the Allies" (同)rest
- be and remain in a particular state or condition; "lie dormant"
- be located or situated somewhere; occupy a certain position
- be lying, be prostrate; be in a horizontal position; "The sick man lay in bed all day"; "the books are lying on the shelf"
- to arrange for; "place a phone call"; "place a bet"
- a particular situation; "If you were in my place what would you do?" (同)shoes
- proper or designated social situation; "he overstepped his place"; "the responsibilities of a man in his station"; "married above her station" (同)station
- proper or appropriate position or location; "a womans place is no longer in the kitchen"
- an item on a list or in a sequence; "in the second place"; "moved from third to fifth position" (同)position
- any area set aside for a particular purpose; "who owns this place?"; "the president was concerned about the property across from the White House" (同)property
- a general vicinity; "He comes from a place near Chicago"
- an abstract mental location; "he has a special place in my thoughts"; "a place in my heart"; "a political system with no place for the less prominent groups"
- the passage that is being read; "he lost his place on the page"
- take a place in a competition; often followed by an ordinal; "Jerry came in third in the Marathon" (同)come_in, come_out
- identify the location or place of; "We localized the source of the infection" (同)localize, localise
- estimate; "We put the time of arrival at 8 P.M." (同)put, set
- assign to (a job or a home)
- finish second or better in a horse or dog race; "he bet $2 on number six to place"
- place somebody in a particular situation or location; "he was placed on probation"
- sing a note with the correct pitch
- causing or promoting bacterial putrefaction (同)putrefacient
- a soft elastic silicone polymer that increases in elasticity with the application of force; used in the center of golf balls and as shock-absorbent padding
- paper folded to permit continuous printing controlled by a computer
- 《副詞[句]を伴って》(ある場所・位置に)…‘を'『置く』,載せる,すえる,付ける / 《状態を表す副詞[句]を伴って》(ある状態に)…‘を'『置く』,する;〈人・動物〉‘に'(…)させる / (仕事・任務などに)〈人・動物〉‘を'『向ける』,つける;(用途・目的などに)〈物事〉‘を'向ける,用いる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / (苦痛・試練などを)〈人〉‘に'受けさせる《+『名』〈人〉+『to』+『名』》 / (人・物に)〈税・負担など〉‘を'課す,負わせる《+『名』+『on』+『名』(a person's do『inn』)》 / (人・事に)〈責任など〉‘を'かぶせる,負わせる《+『名』+『on』(『upon』)+『名』》;(責任などを)〈人・事〉‘に'かぶせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / (物事に)〈解釈・価値など〉‘を'『与える』,(物に)〈価格など〉‘を'付ける《+『名』+『on』(『upon』)+『名』》 / …‘を'評価する,見積もる,みなす / (…に)〈考えなど〉‘を'『表現する』,述べる《+『名』+『into』+『名』》;〈文字・印など〉‘を'書き付ける,記入する《+『名』+『on』+『名』》 / (…に)…‘を'翻訳する《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / (…に)〈問題・質問など〉‘を'提出する,提起する《+『名』+『to』(『before』)+『名』》 / (物事に)〈終止・制限など〉‘を'与える《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈船などが〉進む,行く,向かう / 《話》急いで立ち去る;逃げ出す / (砲丸などの)投げ,投てき;投てき距離 / 突き,押し / 落ち着いた,動かないで
- 《場所を表す副詞[句]を伴って》『横たわる』,横になる / 《状態を表す副詞[句]を伴った》『置かれている』,ある / 《場所を表す副詞[句]を伴って》(ある場所に)『位置する』,ある / 《通例場所を表す副詞[句]を伴って》〈誤り・理由・責任・抽象的なものが〉見い出される,ある / 《場所を表す副詞[句]を伴って》地下に眠る,葬られている / 位置,方向;状態
- 『うそ』,希り / 〈人が〉『うそを言う』,偽る;(…に)うそを言う《+『to』+『名』》;(…について)うそを言う《+『about』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈物事が〉欺く・「lie oneself out of 何々」で「嘘を言って(困難などから)逃れる」
- 〈C〉『場所』,『位置』;(物の占める)空間 / 〈C〉『地域』,地方,土地 / 〈C〉(特定の目的のための)『場所』,建物 / 〈C〉《話》住居,家 / 〈C〉(体や物などの表面の)箇所,局部 / 〈C〉(書物中の)読んでいる家所 / 〈C〉席,座席 / 〈C〉『地位』,立場,境遇 / 〈C〉『職』,勤め口;(職場・学校などの)席,定員 / 〈C〉任務,役目 / 〈C〉(説明などの)順序,段階 / 〈C〉《米》(競馬などで)第2着 / 《多く固有名詞に用いて,P-》通り,広小路;広場 / 〈C〉(数字の)けた,位(くらい) / 《場所を表す副詞[句]を伴って》…‘を'『置く』,配置する,据える / (職,地位に)〈人〉‘を'つかせる,任ずる,〈人〉‘に'(…の)職を見つけてやる《+『名』+『in』(『as, with』)+『名』》 / (人・物に)〈信頼・希望など〉‘を'置く,かける《+『名』+『on』(『in』)+『名』》 / (店などに)(…の)〈注文〉‘を'出す《+『名』〈注文〉+『for』+『名』〈品物〉+『with』+『名』〈店〉》 / (…だと)…‘を'見きわめる,思い出す《+『名』+『as』+『名』》 / 《順位を示す副詞を伴って》(競争などで)…位(着)になる
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- A gold nanoparticles colorimetric assay for label-free detection of protein kinase activity based on phosphorylation protection against exopeptidase cleavage.
- Zhou J, Xu X, Liu X, Li H, Nie Z, Qing M, Huang Y, Yao S.Author information State Key Laboratory of Chemo/Biosensing and Chemometrics, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Hunan University, Changsha 410082, PR China.AbstractProtein kinases are significant regulators in the cell signaling pathways, and it is still greatly desirable to achieve simple and quick kinase detection. Herein, we present a novel colorimetric gold nanoparticles (AuNPs)/peptide platform for probing the activity and inhibition of protein kinases based on phosphorylation-induced suppression of carboxypeptidase Y (CPY) cleavage. This AuNPs/peptide platform can easily monitor the kinase activity by a UV-vis spectrometer or even by the naked eye. The feasibility of the method has been demonstrated by sensitive measurement of the cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA) activity with a low detection limit of 0.232mU/µL and assessment of kinase inhibition by H-89 with an IC50 value of 18.13nM. The assay was also successfully put into practice for the detection of kinase activity in cell lysate. Because of its label-free, homogenous and colorimetric merits, the proposed assay presents great potential in high-throughput screening for kinase-targeted drug discovery.
- Biosensors & bioelectronics.Biosens Bioelectron.2014 Mar 15;53:295-300. doi: 10.1016/j.bios.2013.09.070. Epub 2013 Oct 8.
- Protein kinases are significant regulators in the cell signaling pathways, and it is still greatly desirable to achieve simple and quick kinase detection. Herein, we present a novel colorimetric gold nanoparticles (AuNPs)/peptide platform for probing the activity and inhibition of protein kinases ba
- PMID 24157613
- Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms in breast and renal cancer: Current state and future approaches (Review).
- Khan MI1, Bielecka ZF1, Najm MZ2, Bartnik E3, Czarnecki JS4, Czarnecka AM1, Szczylik C1.Author information 1Molecular Oncology Laboratory, Clinic of Oncology, Military Institute of Medicine, 04-141 Warsaw, Poland.2Department of Biochemistry, Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi 110 062, India.3Institute of Genetics and Biotechnology, Faculty of Biology, University of Warsaw, 02-106 Warsaw, Poland.4Department of Knowledge Management, Faculty of Management, University of Lodz, 90-237 Lodz, Poland.AbstractCancer is a major health problem and cause of death worldwide that accounted for 7.6 million deaths in 2008, which is projected to continue rising with an estimated 13.1 million deaths in 2030 according to WHO. Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer-based death among women around the world and its incidence is increasing annually with a similar tendency. In contrast, renal cell carcinoma accounts for only 3% of total human malignancies but it is still the most common type of urological cancer with a high prevalence in elderly men (>60 years of age). There are several factors linked with the development of renal cell cancer only, while others are connected only with breast cancer. Genetic risk factors and smoking are the factors which contribute to carcinogenesis in general. Some evidence exists indicating that vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene polymorphisms are associated with both breast and renal cancer; therefore, we put forward the hypothesis that polymorphisms in the VDR gene may influence both the occurrence risks of these cancers and their prognosis. However, the relationship between VDR polymorphisms and these two specific cancers remains a controversial hypothesis, and consequently needs further confirmation via clinical research together with genetic investigations. Here, we aimed to assess the correlation between the different alleles of VDR gene polymorphisms and renal cell cancer and breast cancer risks separately through a systematic review of the present literature. In contrast, this analysis has revealed that some VDR gene polymorphisms, such as: Bsm1, poly(A), Taq1, Apa1, are to some extent associated with breast cancer risk. Other polymorphisms were found to be significantly associated with renal cell cancer. Namely, they were Fok1, Bsm1, Taq1 and Apa1, which encode proteins participating mainly in proliferation, apoptosis and cell cycle regulation. However, data concerning renal cancer are not sufficient to firmly establish the VDR gene polymorphism association.
- International journal of oncology.Int J Oncol.2014 Feb;44(2):349-63. doi: 10.3892/ijo.2013.2204. Epub 2013 Dec 2.
- Cancer is a major health problem and cause of death worldwide that accounted for 7.6 million deaths in 2008, which is projected to continue rising with an estimated 13.1 million deaths in 2030 according to WHO. Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer-based death among women around the world
- PMID 24297042
- The occurrence of N-nitrosamines, residual nitrite and biogenic amines in commercial dry fermented sausages and evaluation of their occasional relation.
- De Mey E, De Klerck K, De Maere H, Dewulf L, Derdelinckx G, Peeters MC, Fraeye I, Vander Heyden Y, Paelinck H.Author information KAHO Sint Lieven, Research Group for Technology and Quality of Animal Products, Gebroeders De Smetstraat 1, B-9000 Ghent, Belgium; Leuven Food Science and Nutrition Research Centre (LFoRCe), Department M(2)S, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 20, B-3001 Leuven, Belgium. Electronic address: email@example.com.AbstractRegarding food borne intoxications, the accumulation of biogenic amines must be avoided in all kinds of food products. Moreover, biogenic amines can function as precursors for the formation of carcinogenic N-nitrosamines when nitrite is present. To estimate the food safety of the dry fermented sausages available on the Belgian market, a screening of the residual sodium nitrite and nitrate contents, biogenic amines and volatile N-nitrosamine concentrations was performed on 101 samples. The median concentrations of residual NaNO2 and NaNO3 were each individually lower than 20mg/kg. In general, the biogenic amine accumulation remained low at the end of shelf life. Only in one product the amounts of cadaverine and putrescine reached intoxicating levels. Concerning the occurrence of N-nitrosamines, only N-nitrosopiperidine and N-nitrosomorpholine were detected in a high number of samples (resp. 22% and 28%). No correlation between the presence of N-nitrosamines and the biogenic amines content was observed. Although the N-nitrosamines could not been linked to specific product categories, the occurrence of N-nitrosopiperidine could probably be attributed to the use of pepper.
- Meat science.Meat Sci.2014 Feb;96(2):821-8. doi: 10.1016/j.meatsci.2013.09.010. Epub 2013 Sep 20.
- Regarding food borne intoxications, the accumulation of biogenic amines must be avoided in all kinds of food products. Moreover, biogenic amines can function as precursors for the formation of carcinogenic N-nitrosamines when nitrite is present. To estimate the food safety of the dry fermented sausa
- PMID 24200576
- Biosafety capacity building: experiences and challenges from a distance learning approach.
- Pertry I, Sabbadini S, Goormachtig S, Lokko Y, Gheysen G, Burssens S, Mezzetti B.Author information VIB, Institute of Plant Biotechnology Outreach, Technologiepark 3, B-9052 Gent, Belgium; Ghent University, Institute of Plant Biotechnology Outreach, Department Plant Biotechnology and Bio-informatics, Technologiepark 3, B-9052 Gent, Belgium. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractBiotechnology is revolutionizing industrial and agricultural practice as the number of commercial biotechnology products is increasing each year. Simultaneously, several regulatory approaches are put into place to allow technological advancement while preserving public health and the environment. Developing and/or emerging countries often face major barriers to access biotechnologies and biotechnology derived products as they frequently lack the institutional capacities and professional competence in exercising regulatory oversight. To address this need, intensive biosafety capacity building is required. Different training approaches can be used to train individuals in biosafety ranging from long-term leading to a postgraduate certificate or a Masters degree, to short term courses. In this paper, we discuss the applicability of a different approach to biosafety capacity building based on a distance e-learning system, the UNIDO e-Biosafety program that has been annually organized at the Marche Polytechnic University (MPU) in Italy and Ghent University (UGent) in Belgium since 2006. Even though there are some challenges, we can conclude based on our experience that distance learning in combination with on-campus tuition is amendable for biosafety capacity building.
- New biotechnology.N Biotechnol.2014 Jan 25;31(1):64-8. doi: 10.1016/j.nbt.2013.08.008. Epub 2013 Aug 31.
- Biotechnology is revolutionizing industrial and agricultural practice as the number of commercial biotechnology products is increasing each year. Simultaneously, several regulatory approaches are put into place to allow technological advancement while preserving public health and the environment. De
- PMID 23999133
- 柳田 純子,ヤナギダ ジュンコ,Junko Yanagida
- 東京情報大学研究論集 19(1), 59-86, 2015-09-30
- … After grasping how the network can be built up and mental abilities can be demonstrated in the peer group activities, a model is put forward as hypotheses. …
- NAID 120005661193
- 大学生のキャリア発達過程におけるピア間活動の事例研究 : 「発達的ネットワーク」および「社会人基礎力」の観点から
- 柳田 純子
- 東京情報大学研究論集 19(1), 59-86, 2015-09-30
- 近年、大学教育は専門性に加えて汎用性のある能力の向上も要請されている。例えば教育審議会答申で「学士力」のなかに、コミュニケーションスキルや課題解決力などの汎用的能力が含まれている。経済界からの提言では、課題の本質を把握し自ら行動することによって、課題解決を図る人材像を標榜している。筆者は3年次演習で産学連携の課題解決型学習を推進し、専門知識の応用やコミュニケーション機会の拡張をとおして専門性や社会 …
- NAID 110009957883
- モンスターエンジンを手に入れろ : 筋トレの取り組み方 (シンポジウム Life is Motion : 整形外科医が知りたい筋肉の科学)
- putとは。意味や和訳。[動]（put, ～・ting）(他)1 [III[名][副]]〈物を〉（ある場所・位置に）置く，載せる，入れる（⇒DEPOSIT(他)1）；…を（ある位置に）つける，貼る，…を（ある方向に）向ける，動かす；…を（ある場所に ...
- put 【他動】 〔物を〕置く ある状態に～を置く、人の管理下に置く 〔頭の中にあ... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- put up 【句動】 ～の上方に置く、～を上げる、結い上げる、打ち上げる、打ち立... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- CT colonography、virtual colonoscopy