|Systematic (IUPAC) name|
|Pregnancy cat.||C (AU)|
|Legal status||Prescription Only (S4) (AU) ℞-only (CA) POM (UK)|
|Metabolism||Hepatic (mostly via conjugation)|
|Mol. mass||365.49 g/mol|
|Y (what is this?)|
Pericyazine (BAN; also known as periciazine (pINN) or propericiazine) is a medication that belongs to the phenothiazine class of typical antipsychotics. It has also been studied in the treatment of opiate dependence.
Pericyazine is not approved for sale in the United States. It is commonly sold in Canada under the tradename Neuleptil and in United Kingdom and Australia under the tradename Neulactil.
- 1 Medical Uses
- 2 Adverse effects
- 3 References
- 4 External links
The primary uses of pericyazine include in the short-term treatment of severe anxiety or tension and in the maintenance treatment of psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia.
Pericyazine is a rather sedating and anticholinergic antipsychotic and despite being classed with the typical antipsychotics its risk of extrapyramidal side effects is comparatively low. It has a relatively high risk of causing hyperprolactinaemia and a moderate risk of causing weight gain and orthostatic hypotension.
- "NEULACTIL PRODUCT INFORMATION" (PDF). TGA eBusiness Services. sanofi-aventis australia pty ltd. 13 September 2011. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- Sivolap IuP, Savchenkov VA (1999). "[The use of neuroleptics in treating opiate dependence]". Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova (in Russian) 99 (6): 29–34. PMID 10441864.
- "Pericyazine". Martindale: The Complete Drug Reference (The Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain). 23 September 2011. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "Approximate relative frequency (not intensity) of common adverse effects of antipsychotics (Table 8.21) [NB1]". eTherapeutic Guidelines complete. Therapeutic Guidelines Limited. February 2013. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- Neulactil - Summary of Product Characteristics from the electronic Medicines Compendium
-  from the Therapeutic Goods Administration.
-  from Health Canada.
|This drug article relating to the nervous system is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- All is not lost: utilizing continuous remote ILR monitoring to diagnose syncope.
- Hong PS, Veasey RA, Sulke N.SourceCardiac Department, Eastbourne General Hospital, East Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust, Eastbourne, UK.
- Pacing and clinical electrophysiology : PACE.2010 Jun 1;33(6):763-5. Epub 2010 Feb 1.
- A 63-year-old man with frequent unexplained syncope was implanted with a second generation remotely monitored implantable loop recorder for continuous electrocardiogram (ECG) monitoring. He had a subsequent syncopal episode and despite accidental destruction of his patient activator, vital ECG data
- PMID 20132509
- [Treatment of a serious autistic disorder in a child with Naltrexone in an oral suspension form].
- Desjardins S, Doyen C, Contejean Y, Kaye K, Paubel P.SourceDepartement de pharmacie-sterilisation, centre hospitalier Sainte-Anne, 1, rue Cabanis, 75674 Paris cedex 14, France.
- L'Encephale.2009 Apr;35(2):168-72. Epub 2008 Jul 7.
- CLINICAL BACKGROUND: Autism is a developmental disorder that is usually diagnosed in early childhood. According to ICD-10 criteria, autism can be characterized by delays in language skills, by impaired social interaction, verbal or non-verbal communication and by repetitive, stereotyped or severely
- PMID 19393386
- Simple and simultaneous determination for twelve phenothiazines in human serum by reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography
- TANAKA Einosuke,NAKAMURA Takako,TERADA Masaru,SHINOZUKA Tatsuo,HASHIMOTO Chikako,KURIHARA Katsuyoshi,HONDA Katsuya
- Journal of chromatography. B, Analytical technologies in the biomedical and life sciences 854(1), 116-120, 2007-07-01
- … A high-performance liquid chromatographic method has been developed for the simultaneous analysis of the 12 phenothiazines (chlorpromazine, fluphenazine, levomepromazine, perazine, perphenazine, prochlorperazine, profenamine, promethazine, propericiazine, thioproperazine, thioridazine and trifluoperazine) in human serum using HPLC/UV. …
- NAID 10025805017
- EFFECT OF PHENOTHIAZINES, DISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE-TETRAACETIC ACID AND DIETHYL MALEATE ON IN VITRO RAT COLONIC TRANSPORT OF CEFMETAZOLE AND INULIN
- SUZUKA TAKUMI,FURUYA ATSUSHI,KAMADA AKIRA,NISHIHATA TOSHIAKI
- Journal of pharmacobio-dynamics 10(2), 63-71, 1987-02
- … The effect of phenothiazines in increasing the clearance rate for both cefmetazole and inulin showed dependency on their initial concentrations in the mucosal medium with maximum action at a concentration of 30 μM for trifluoperazine, 20 μM for perphenazine, 75 μM for profenemine and 50 μM for propericiazine. …
- NAID 110003636736
- Identification Name Propericiazine Accession Number DB01608 Type Small Molecule Groups Approved Description Propericiazine is a phenothiazine of the piperidine group. It has been shown to reduce pathologic arousal and affective ...
- プロペリシアジン(Propericiazine)の検索ならお薬検索QLife（キューライフ）。お医者さんが処方する処方薬と、薬局で買える市販薬(OTC)、の効果と副作用、写真、添付文書、保管方法等を掲載。商品名だけでなく一般名や剤形、色などから ...