- of or belonging to a racial group having dark skin especially of sub-Saharan African origin; "a great people--a black people--...injected new meaning and dignity into the veins of civilization"- Martin Luther King Jr.
- the quality or state of the achromatic color of least lightness (bearing the least resemblance to white) (同)blackness, inkiness
- (board games) the darker pieces
- black clothing (worn as a sign of mourning); "the widow wore black"
- (of the face) made black especially as with suffused blood; "a face black with fury" (同)blackened
- offering little or no hope; "the future looked black"; "prospects were bleak"; "Life in the Aran Islands has always been bleak and difficult"- J.M.Synge; "took a dim view of things" (同)bleak, dim
- (of events) having extremely unfortunate or dire consequences; bringing ruin; "the stock market crashed on Black Friday"; "a calamitous defeat"; "the battle was a disastrous end to a disastrous campaign"; "such doctrines, if true, would be absolutely fatal to my theory"- Charles Darwin; "it is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it"- Douglas MacArthur; "a fateful error" (同)calamitous, disastrous, fatal, fateful
- stemming from evil characteristics or forces; wicked or dishonorable; "black deeds"; "a black lie"; "his black heart has concocted yet another black deed"; "Darth Vader of the dark side"; "a dark purpose"; "dark undercurrents of ethnic hostility"; "the scheme of some sinister intelligence bent on punishing him"-Thomas Hardy (同)dark, sinister
- (used of conduct or character) deserving or bringing disgrace or shame; "Man...has written one of his blackest records as a destroyer on the oceanic islands"- Rachel Carson; "an ignominious retreat"; "inglorious defeat"; "an opprobrious monument to human greed"; "a shameful display of cowardice" (同)disgraceful, ignominious, inglorious, opprobrious, shameful
- harshly ironic or sinister; "black humor"; "a grim joke"; "grim laughter"; "fun ranging from slapstick clowning ... to savage mordant wit" (同)grim, mordant
- extremely dark; "a black moonless night"; "through the pitch-black woods"; "it was pitch-dark in the cellar" (同)pitch-black, pitch-dark
- soiled with dirt or soot; "with feet black from playing outdoors"; "his shirt was black within an hour" (同)smutty
- (of coffee) without cream or sugar
- (of intelligence operations) deliberately misleading; "black propaganda"
- being of the achromatic color of maximum darkness; having little or no hue owing to absorption of almost all incident light; "black leather jackets"; "as black as coal"; "rich black soil"
- marked by anger or resentment or hostility; "black looks"; "black words"
- lead (a card) and establish the trump suit
- any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue (同)tar
- set to a certain pitch; "He pitched his voice very low"
- an all-fours game in which the first card led is a trump (同)auction pitch
- (baseball) the act of throwing a baseball by a pitcher to a batter (同)delivery
- a high approach shot in golf (同)pitch shot
- degree of deviation from a horizontal plane; "the roof had a steep pitch" (同)rake, slant
- the action or manner of throwing something; "his pitch fell short and his hat landed on the floor"
- the property of sound that varies with variation in the frequency of vibration
- a vendors position (especially on the sidewalk); "he was employed to see that his papers news pitches were not trespassed upon by rival vendors"
- erect and fasten; "pitch a tent" (同)set_up
- fall or plunge forward; "She pitched over the railing of the balcony"
- hit (a golf ball) in a high arc with a backspin
- set into opposition or rivalry; "let them match their best athletes against ours"; "pit a chess player against the Russian champion"; "He plays his two children off against each other" (同)oppose, match, play off
- a concavity in a surface (especially an anatomical depression) (同)fossa
- remove the pits from; "pit plums and cherries" (同)stone
- a trap in the form of a concealed hole (同)pitfall
- a surface excavation for extracting stone or slate; "a British term for `quarry is `stone pit" (同)quarry, stone pit
- (auto racing) an area at the side of a racetrack where the race cars are serviced and refueled
- (commodity exchange) the part of the floor of a commodity exchange where trading in a particular commodity is carried on
- an enclosure in which animals are made to fight
- a sizeable hole (usually in the ground); "they dug a pit to bury the body" (同)cavity
- a person with dark skin who comes from Africa (or whose ancestors came from Africa) (同)Black person, blackamoor, Negro, Negroid
- British chemist who identified carbon dioxide and who formulated the concepts of specific heat and latent heat (1728-1799) (同)Joseph Black
- popular child actress of the 1930s (born in 1928) (同)Shirley Temple Black, Shirley Temple
- set at a slant; "a pitched rather than a flat roof"
- (of sound) set to a certain pitch or key; usually used as a combining form; "high-pitched"
- 『黒い』,黒色の / 『暗い』,まっ暗な(dark) / (特にアフリカ系)黒人の / 汚い(dirty),汚れた(soiled) / 陰気な(gloomy);不吉な;見通しの暗い / 怒った(angry);不きげんな(sullen) / 腹黒い,邪悪な(wicked, evil) / 《文》不名誉な / (コーヒーに)クリーム(牛乳)を入れない,ブラックの / 〈U〉『黒』,『黒色』 / 〈C〉《しばしば『B-』》黒人 / 〈U〉黒衣,(特に)喪服 / 黒くなる;暗くなる / …'を'黒くする;…'を'暗くする(blacken) / (靴墨で)〈靴〉'を'みがく
- ピッチ(石油・コールタールなどで蒸留後に浅る黒いかす) / 松やに,樹脂 / …‘に'ピッチを塗る
- 《方向を表す副詞[句]を伴って》…‘を'『投げる』,ほうる,ほうり出す / (一時的に)〈キャンプなど〉‘を'『設営する』,〈テント〉‘を'張る(set up) / …‘を'傾ける,傾斜させる(incline) / 〈楽器・声・曲など〉‘の'音程(調子)をきめる / 《俗》…‘を'ペラペラしゃべる / 《方向を表す副詞[句]を伴って》(…に)『落ちる,倒れる』 / 下に向かって傾斜する / (野球で)〈投手が〉投球する / 〈船・飛行機が〉縦揺れをする / 〈U〉〈C〉(…の)『度合い,程度』(degree)《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈U〉〈C〉音(声)の高さ,調子 / 〈C〉投げること,投球;投げた拒離 / 〈C〉《単数形で》《the ~》(船・飛行機の)縦揺れ / 〈U〉〈C〉(屋根などの)『こう配』,傾斜[度];傾斜面《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉《おもに英》(露天商・新聞売り子などの)きまって店を出す場所 / 〈C〉ピッチ(クリケットで両ウィケット(wicket)の間の部分);ホッケーなどのスポーツを行うように指定された場所 / 〈C〉《俗》(売り込み・宣伝の)執拗(しつよう)な弁舌
- (自然の,または掘った)『地面の穴』,『くぼみ』 / 《しばしば単数形で》《the pit》立て坑,採掘場 / 落とし穴 / 《単数形で》《the pit》《英》(劇場の)平土間(1階正面後部の安い料金の席全体を指す);平土間の観客;《米》(舞台手前の1段低くなった)オーケストラ席 / (身体や物の表面の自然にできた)くぼみ / 《しばしば複数形で》(傷・天然痘などでできた皮膚の)小さなくぼんだ跡,あばた / (動物を入れておく)囲い;闘鶏場(cockpit),闘犬場 / 《the ~》地獄(hell) / ピット / 自動車修理店などで,車体の下で作業するために床に設けたくぼみ / 《the pits》自動車レースで給油・タイヤ交換などの場所 / …‘に'点々と穴をあける;…‘を'あばたにする / (…と)…‘を'取り組ませる,対坑させる《+『名』+『against』+『名』》
- (サクランボ・モモなどの)核,種(stone) / 〈果物〉‘から'種を取り除く
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Ferrite formation from photo-Fenton treated wastewater.
- Navarro RR1, Ichikawa H, Tatsumi K.
- Chemosphere.Chemosphere.2010 Jun;80(4):404-9. doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2010.04.023.
- Photo-Fenton oxidation followed by ferrite formation was applied for the degradation of a representative organic compound, phenol, and the subsequent removal of the Fe ions. At a phenol:Fe(II):H(2)O(2) molar ratio of 1:0.5:15, TOC analysis showed almost complete mineralization of 10.6mM phenol after
- PMID 20435331
- Pseudo-obstruction with pitch black colon--a very rare presentation of melanosis coli.
- Malik AH1, Andrabi SI, Niayesh M.
- The Ulster medical journal.Ulster Med J.2008 Jan;77(1):54-5.
- Melanosis coli is associated with an increased risk of colorectal tumors but is not agreed to be a precancerous lesion. The condition has been associated with the ingestion of anthracene laxatives and is believed to be caused by increased epithelial apoptosis. Although melanosis coli is a frequent f
- PMID 18269120
- Reduced glucose uptake with markedly increased gastrin releasing peptide, osteopontine & asbestos found in dark black areas of PET Scan of chest wall in patient with mesothelioma.
- Omura Y1, Shimotsuura Y, Duvvi H, Ohata N, Ohki M.
- Acupuncture & electro-therapeutics research.Acupunct Electrother Res.2006;31(3-4):247-57.
- PET Scans are most often used for detecting cancer and other malignant tumors because for most of them, glucose uptake is higher than in normal tissues. However, in mesothelioma, our study showed excessive deposits of Asbestos of 0.5 mg BDORT units, and markedly reduced Glucose uptake of less than 1
- PMID 17608064
- Exercise Pitch Black 2014
- 鹽基性平爐鋼滓に就て : 鋼滓組成の簡易判定法と鋼浴に及ぼす二三の影響
- 金森 祥一
- 鐵と鋼 : 日本鐡鋼協會々誌 35(9), 294-296, 1949-09-25
- … According to the slag composition, colour changes white, grey, black, pitch-black, yellowish-brown, brown, dark-brown, reddish-brown, and russet, (3) Slag composition is statistically investigated. …
- NAID 110001482694
- コルグのギター/ベース用クロマチック・チューナー、pitchblack(ピッチ・ブラック）製品情報。 コルグ・チューナー・シリーズから、ギタリスト/ベーシストのための、新ペダル・チューナーが登場。pitchblackは、コンパクト・エフェクターと ...
- 音楽、写真、バイオグラフィーからグッズまで、お気に入りアーティストの最新情報が満載！ ストアを見る.