- happen in a certain way, leading to, producing, or resulting in a certain outcome, often well; "Things worked out in an interesting way"; "Not everything worked out in the end and we were disappointed"
- provoke or excite; "The rock musician worked the crowd of young girls into a frenzy"
- (physics) a manifestation of energy; the transfer of energy from one physical system to another expressed as the product of a force and the distance through which it moves a body in the direction of that force; "work equals force times distance"
- arrive at a certain condition through repeated motion; "The stitches of the hem worked loose after she wore the skirt many times"
- a product produced or accomplished through the effort or activity or agency of a person or thing; "it is not regarded as one of his more memorable works"; "the symphony was hailed as an ingenious work"; "he was indebted to the pioneering work of John Dewey"; "the work of an active imagination"; "erosion is the work of wind or water over time" (同)piece of work
- activity directed toward making or doing something; "she checked several points needing further work"
- have an effect or outcome; often the one desired or expected; "The voting process doesnt work as well as people thought"; "How does your idea work in practice?"; "This method doesnt work"; "The breaks of my new car act quickly"; "The medicine works only if you take it with a lot of water" (同)act
- be employed; "Is your husband working again?"; "My wife never worked"; "Do you want to work after the age of 60?"; "She never did any work because she inherited a lot of money"; "She works as a waitress to put herself through college" (同)do work
- cause to work; "he is working his servants hard" (同)put to work
- shape, form, or improve a material; "work stone into tools"; "process iron"; "work the metal" (同)work on, process
- behave in a certain way when handled; "This dough does not work easily"; "The soft metal works well"
- cause to operate or function; "This pilot works the controls"; "Can you work an electric drill?"
- exert oneself by doing mental or physical work for a purpose or out of necessity; "I will work hard to improve my grades"; "she worked hard for better living conditions for the poor"
- gratify and charm, usually in order to influence; "the political candidate worked the crowds"
- move in an agitated manner; "His fingers worked with tension"
- move into or onto; "work the raisins into the dough"; "the student worked a few jokes into his presentation"; "work the body onto the flatbed truck"
- operate in a certain place, area, or specialty; "She works the night clubs"; "The salesman works the Midwest"; "This artist works mostly in acrylics"
- operate in or through; "Work the phones"
- proceed towards a goal or along a path or through an activity; "work your way through every problem or task"; "She was working on her second martini when the guests arrived"; "Start from the bottom and work towards the top"
- reveal (something) about somebodys identity or lifestyle; "The gay actor was outed last week"; "Someone outed a CIA agent"
- (baseball) a failure by a batter or runner to reach a base safely in baseball; "you only get 3 outs per inning"
- be made known; be disclosed or revealed; "The truth will out" (同)come_out
- away from home; "they went out last night"
- directed outward or serving to direct something outward; "the out doorway"; "the out basket"
- moving or appearing to move away from a place, especially one that is enclosed or hidden; "the cat came out from under the bed";
- no longer fashionable; "that style is out these days"
- not allowed to continue to bat or run; "he was tagged out at second on a close play"; "he fanned out"
- not worth considering as a possibility; "a picnic is out because of the weather"
- out of power; especially having been unsuccessful in an election; "now the Democrats are out"
- outer or outlying; "the out islands"
- outside or external; "the out surface of a ships hull"
- serving to permit or facilitate further work or activity; "discussed the working draft of a peace treaty"; "they need working agreements with their neighbor states on interstate projects"
- a mine or quarry that is being or has been worked (同)workings
- actively engaged in paid work; "the working population"; "the ratio of working men to unemployed"; "a working mother"; "robots can be on the job day and night" (同)on the job
- adequate for practical use; especially sufficient in strength or numbers to accomplish something; "the party has a working majority in the House"; "a working knowledge of Spanish"
- adopted as a temporary basis for further work; "a working draft"; "a working hypothesis"
- performance of moral or religious acts; "salvation by deeds"; "the reward for good works" (同)deeds
- the internal mechanism of a device (同)workings
- 〈U〉(一般的な)『仕事,』労働;努力,勉強 / 〈U〉(実際にやっている具体的な)『仕事』,作業,勉強 / 〈U〉《定冠詞なしで》『仕事の口,』職[業],(工場・会社などの)勤め先 / 〈U〉制作,細工;《比喩(ひゆ)的に》しわざ / 〈C〉《しばしば複数形で》(文学・芸術の)『作品,』著作,(ある人の)作品 / 〈U〉《集合的に》(材料・道具などを含めて)作っているもの(今しているもの)全部 / 《複数形で》(機械の)動く部分,仕掛け / 《複数形で》《単数・複数扱い》《しばしば複合語を作って》『工場』 / 《複数形で》(宗教・道徳的な)行為,行い / 〈U〉(物理学で)仕事量 / 『働く』,仕事をする;(…に)取り組む,(…を)勉強する《+『at』(『on』)+『名』》 / (…に)『勤める』,勤務する《+『at』(『on, for』)+『名』》 / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》〈機械・道具などが〉『ぐあいよく動く,』作動する,〈計画などが〉うまくいく,〈薬などが〉効く / 《副詞[句]を伴って》(ある方向に)少しずつ進む / 〈顔などが〉ぴくぴく動く,〈波などが〉揺れる / 《通例副詞を伴って》細工される,こねられる / 発酵する / 〈機械・道具など〉‘を'『動かす』,運転する / 〈人・牛馬など〉‘を'『働かせる』 / 〈工場・鉱山・農場など〉‘を'操業(経営)する,〈土地〉‘を'耕作する / 〈ある地域〉‘を'活動場所にする,受け持つ / 〈結果・効果など〉‘を'もたらす,生じさせる / (手で)…‘を'細工する,加工する;…‘に'手を加えて(…を)作る《+名+into+名》 / 《副詞[句]を伴って》(苦労して)…‘を'進む,(努力して)…‘を'得る / 〈人・物〉‘を'動かして(…に)する《+名+to(into)+名》 / …‘を'刺しゅうする,縫い付ける
- (ある位置・状態から)『外へ』(『で』),外出して;戸外に;外国に / (隠れた所から表面に)『現れ出て』;世に出て;発表されて;(花・葉などが)出て来て,咲いて / 『無くなって』,消えて;終わって;流行遅れの,すたれた / 『最後まで』,すっかり / 大声で,はっきりと,隠さずに / (政権・現職から)離れて,去って / 仕事を休んで;ストライキをやって / (調子が)狂って,乱れて,(関節などが)はずれて;まちがって;損をして / (野球・クリケットで)アウトになって(ボクシングで)ノックアウトになって / 支配権を失った,政権から離れた / (野球・クリケットで打者・走者が)アウトになった / (衣服などが)並はずれて大きい,特大の / 遠く離れた / 《米》…から[外に(を)] / 《米》…に沿って外へ,のはずれに / (野球・クリケットで)アウト;《the outs》守備測 / 《複数形で》失業者 / 《米話》言い訳,口実 / ばれる,露見する / 出て行け
- (機械・器具などが)『動く』,使える / (特に生活にために)『働く』,[肉体]労働に従事する / (知識などが)『実際に役立つ』,実用的な / 『労働(仕事)上の』,労働(仕事)用の / (機械などの)動き方,動かし方《+of+名》 / (鉱山などの)作業場,現場
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Pre-clinical evaluation of eight DOTA coupled gastrin-releasing peptide receptor (GRP-R) ligands for in vivo targeting of receptor-expressing tumors.
- Accardo A1, Galli F2, Mansi R3, Del Pozzo L3, Aurilio M4, Morisco A4, Ringhieri P1, Signore A2, Morelli G1, Aloj L5.
- EJNMMI research.EJNMMI Res.2016 Dec;6(1):17. doi: 10.1186/s13550-016-0175-x. Epub 2016 Feb 20.
- BACKGROUND: Overexpression of the gastrin-releasing peptide receptor (GRP-R) has been documented in several human neoplasms such as breast, prostate, and ovarian cancer. There is growing interest in developing radiolabeled peptide-based ligands toward these receptors for the purpose of in vivo imagi
- PMID 26897133
- Cross-cultural challenges in assessing medical professionalism among emergency physicians in a Middle Eastern Country (Bahrain): feasibility and psychometric properties of multisource feedback.
- Al Ansari A1,2,3, Al Meer A4, Althawadi M5, Henari D6, Al Khalifa K7.
- International journal of emergency medicine.Int J Emerg Med.2016 Dec;9(1):2. doi: 10.1186/s12245-016-0099-2. Epub 2016 Feb 3.
- BACKGROUND: Multisource feedback (MSF) is an evaluation tool whereby surveys assessing physicians are administered among medical peers and colleagues. Such evaluations provide physicians with non-biased valuations of both their strengths and their weaknesses, offering an opportunity for improvement
- PMID 26842554
- Large Area Nano-transfer Printing of Sub-50-nm Metal Nanostructures Using Low-cost Semi-flexible Hybrid Templates.
- Nagel RD1, Haeberle T2, Schmidt M2, Lugli P2, Scarpa G2.
- Nanoscale research letters.Nanoscale Res Lett.2016 Dec;11(1):143. doi: 10.1186/s11671-016-1346-4. Epub 2016 Mar 15.
- In this work, we present a method for printing metal micro- and nanopatterns down to sub-50-nm feature sizes using replicated, defect-tolerant stamps made out of OrmoStamp®; material. The relevant parameters for a successful transfer over large areas were investigated and yields above 99 % have bee
- PMID 26976429
- Chimpanzee intellect: personality, performance and motivation with touchscreen tasks
- Household perceptions about the impacts of climate change on food security in the mountainous region of Nepal
- work outとは。意味や和訳。(自)(1)((略式))出かせぎする.(2)〈事が〉うまくいく，よい結果となる；((副詞（句）を伴って))（…の）結果となるEverything seems to work out well for him.すべてが彼にとってうまくいっているようだ.(3)〈問... - goo ...
- act、investigate、investigation、investigational、investigative、job、laboratory research、research、research activity、research and development、research priority、research technique、study、summary report、working