- something that people do or cause to happen (同)deed, human action, human_activity
- behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself; "You should act like an adult"; "Dont behave like a fool"; "What makes her do this way?"; "The dog acts ferocious, but he is really afraid of people" (同)behave, do
- pretend to have certain qualities or state of mind; "He acted the idiot"; "She plays deaf when the news are bad" (同)play, act_as
- a legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body (同)enactment
- a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program; "he did his act three times every evening"; "she had a catchy little routine"; "it was one of the best numbers he ever did" (同)routine, number, turn, bit
- a manifestation of insincerity; "he put on quite an act for her benefit"
- a subdivision of a play or opera or ballet
- discharge ones duties; "She acts as the chair"; "In what capacity are you acting?"
- perform an action, or work out or perform (an action); "think before you act"; "We must move quickly"; "The governor should act on the new energy bill"; "The nanny acted quickly by grabbing the toddler and covering him with a wet towel" (同)move
- play a role or part; "Gielgud played Hamlet"; "She wants to act Lady Macbeth, but she is too young for the role"; "She played the servant to her husbands master" (同)play, represent
- perform on a stage or theater; "She acts in this play"; "He acted in `Julius Caesar"; "I played in `A Christmas Carol" (同)play, roleplay, playact
- be engaged in an activity, often for no particular purpose other than pleasure
- be suitable for theatrical performance; "This scene acts well"
- provoke or excite; "The rock musician worked the crowd of young girls into a frenzy"
- (physics) a manifestation of energy; the transfer of energy from one physical system to another expressed as the product of a force and the distance through which it moves a body in the direction of that force; "work equals force times distance"
- arrive at a certain condition through repeated motion; "The stitches of the hem worked loose after she wore the skirt many times"
- a product produced or accomplished through the effort or activity or agency of a person or thing; "it is not regarded as one of his more memorable works"; "the symphony was hailed as an ingenious work"; "he was indebted to the pioneering work of John Dewey"; "the work of an active imagination"; "erosion is the work of wind or water over time" (同)piece of work
- activity directed toward making or doing something; "she checked several points needing further work"
- have an effect or outcome; often the one desired or expected; "The voting process doesnt work as well as people thought"; "How does your idea work in practice?"; "This method doesnt work"; "The breaks of my new car act quickly"; "The medicine works only if you take it with a lot of water" (同)act
- be employed; "Is your husband working again?"; "My wife never worked"; "Do you want to work after the age of 60?"; "She never did any work because she inherited a lot of money"; "She works as a waitress to put herself through college" (同)do work
- cause to work; "he is working his servants hard" (同)put to work
- shape, form, or improve a material; "work stone into tools"; "process iron"; "work the metal" (同)work on, process
- behave in a certain way when handled; "This dough does not work easily"; "The soft metal works well"
- cause to operate or function; "This pilot works the controls"; "Can you work an electric drill?"
- exert oneself by doing mental or physical work for a purpose or out of necessity; "I will work hard to improve my grades"; "she worked hard for better living conditions for the poor"
- gratify and charm, usually in order to influence; "the political candidate worked the crowds"
- move in an agitated manner; "His fingers worked with tension"
- move into or onto; "work the raisins into the dough"; "the student worked a few jokes into his presentation"; "work the body onto the flatbed truck"
- operate in a certain place, area, or specialty; "She works the night clubs"; "The salesman works the Midwest"; "This artist works mostly in acrylics"
- operate in or through; "Work the phones"
- proceed towards a goal or along a path or through an activity; "work your way through every problem or task"; "She was working on her second martini when the guests arrived"; "Start from the bottom and work towards the top"
- the operating part that transmits power to a mechanism; "the piano had a very stiff action" (同)action_mechanism
- an act by a government body or supranational organization; "recent federal action undermined the segregationist position"; "the United Nations must have the power to propose and organize action without being hobbled by irrelevant issues"; "the Union action of emancipating Southern slaves"
- something done (usually as opposed to something said); "there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions"
- the most important or interesting work or activity in a specific area or field; "the action is no longer in technology stocks but in municipal bonds"; "gawkers always try to get as close to the action as possible"
- the trait of being active and energetic and forceful; "a man of action"
- the series of events that form a plot; "his novels always have a lot of action"
- the state of being active; "his sphere of activity"; "he is out of action" (同)activity, activeness
- institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against; "He was warned that the district attorney would process him"; "She actioned the company for discrimination" (同)sue, litigate, process
- act so as to bring into existence; "effect a change"
- a symptom caused by an illness or a drug; "the effects of sleep loss"; "the effect of the anesthetic"
- (of a law) having legal validity; "the law is still in effect" (同)force
- the central meaning or theme of a speech or literary work (同)essence, burden, core, gist
- an impression (especially one that is artificial or contrived); "he just did it for effect"
- produce; "The scientists set up a shock wave" (同)effectuate, set_up
- lead musicians in the performance of; "Bernstein conducted Mahler like no other conductor"; "she cannot conduct modern pieces"
- direct the course of; manage or control; "You cannot conduct business like this" (同)carry on, deal
- lead, as in the performance of a composition; "conduct an orchestra; Barenboim conducted the Chicago symphony for years" (同)lead, direct
- behave well or properly; "The children must learn to behave" (同)comport
- behave in a certain manner; "She carried herself well"; "he bore himself with dignity"; "They conducted themselves well during these difficult times" (同)acquit, bear, deport, conduct, comport, carry
- the performance of a part or role in a drama (同)playing, playacting, performing
- serving temporarily especially as a substitute; "the acting president"
- 『行い』,『行為』 / 《しばしばA-》法令,条令 / 《しばしばA-》(芝居の1つの)『幕』;(演芸などの)出し物の一つ / (見せかけの)お芝居,演技 / 『行動する』,行う / 《様態を表す副詞[句]を伴って》わざとふるまう,見せかける / 〈人・物が〉(…として)動く,役割をはたす《+『as』+『名』》 / 〈薬が〉『作用する』,きく / 舞台に立つ,出演する / 〈…の役〉'を'『演ずる』;〈劇〉'を'上演する / …‘に'ふさわしくふるまう / …‘に'見せかける,‘の'ふりをする
- 〈U〉(一般的な)『仕事,』労働;努力,勉強 / 〈U〉(実際にやっている具体的な)『仕事』,作業,勉強 / 〈U〉《定冠詞なしで》『仕事の口,』職[業],(工場・会社などの)勤め先 / 〈U〉制作,細工;《比喩(ひゆ)的に》しわざ / 〈C〉《しばしば複数形で》(文学・芸術の)『作品,』著作,(ある人の)作品 / 〈U〉《集合的に》(材料・道具などを含めて)作っているもの(今しているもの)全部 / 《複数形で》(機械の)動く部分,仕掛け / 《複数形で》《単数・複数扱い》《しばしば複合語を作って》『工場』 / 《複数形で》(宗教・道徳的な)行為,行い / 〈U〉(物理学で)仕事量 / 『働く』,仕事をする;(…に)取り組む,(…を)勉強する《+『at』(『on』)+『名』》 / (…に)『勤める』,勤務する《+『at』(『on, for』)+『名』》 / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》〈機械・道具などが〉『ぐあいよく動く,』作動する,〈計画などが〉うまくいく,〈薬などが〉効く / 《副詞[句]を伴って》(ある方向に)少しずつ進む / 〈顔などが〉ぴくぴく動く,〈波などが〉揺れる / 《通例副詞を伴って》細工される,こねられる / 発酵する / 〈機械・道具など〉‘を'『動かす』,運転する / 〈人・牛馬など〉‘を'『働かせる』 / 〈工場・鉱山・農場など〉‘を'操業(経営)する,〈土地〉‘を'耕作する / 〈ある地域〉‘を'活動場所にする,受け持つ / 〈結果・効果など〉‘を'もたらす,生じさせる / (手で)…‘を'細工する,加工する;…‘に'手を加えて(…を)作る《+名+into+名》 / 《副詞[句]を伴って》(苦労して)…‘を'進む,(努力して)…‘を'得る / 〈人・物〉‘を'動かして(…に)する《+名+to(into)+名》 / …‘を'刺しゅうする,縫い付ける
- 〈U〉『行動』,活動;精力的な活動 / 〈C〉『行為』,行い;《複数形で》『日常の行動』,ふるまい / 〈U〉〈C〉(人間・馬などの)身ぶり,動作,所作 / 〈U〉(身体諸器官の)働き / 〈U〉(機械などの)『働き』,機能;(薬・化学薬品などの)『作用』 / 〈U〉〈C〉戦闘(battle) / 〈C〉(銃・ピアノなどの)アクション,作動装置 / 〈C〉訴訟 / 〈U〉(劇・物語の)本筋,筋の運び
- 〈C〉〈U〉『結果』 / 〈C〉〈U〉(…への)『効果』,効きめ,影響《+『on』(『upon』)+『名』》 / 〈C〉(色・音・形などの)印象,感銘 / 《複数形で》品物;身の回り品;動産,財産 / (結果として)…‘を'『もたらす』;〈目的など〉‘を'果たす,遂行する
- 《文》(人の)『行為』,行動,品行 / 《修飾語を伴って》(業務・活動などの)指導,運営 / 〈人など〉'を'『導く』,〈旅行など〉‘の'案内をする,(…に)…'を'導く《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈業務など〉'を'『指導する』,運営する / 《オーケストラ・曲目など》‘の'『指揮をする』 / 〈金属などが〉〈熱・電気など〉'を'伝導する / (オーケストラなどで)指揮する
- 《状態を表す副詞[句]を伴って》(…に)『ふるまう』 / 『行儀よくする』,ちゃんとしている / 《状態を表す副詞[句]を伴って》〈船・車・機械などが〉(…にように)動く,作動する / 〈自分自身〉'を'(…のように)ふるまう
- American College Testing / Australian Capital Territory
- 代理の,臨時の / 演出用の / 演出,演技
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Estrogen receptor alpha localization in the testes of men with normal spermatogenesis.
- Filipiak E, Suliborska D, Laszczynska M, Walczak-Jedrzejowska R, Oszukowska E, Marchlewska K, Kula K, Slowikowska-Hilczer J.Source. email@example.com.
- Folia histochemica et cytobiologica / Polish Academy of Sciences, Polish Histochemical and Cytochemical Society.Folia Histochem Cytobiol.2013 Oct 8;50(3):340-5. doi: 10.5603/19743.
- It is known that estrogens act on the male reproductive tract by binding to estrogen receptors (ER) a andb. However, studies on ER localization in the human testis are discordant. The aim of this study was to investigatethe localization of ERa in the testes of adult men with normal spermatogenesis.
- PMID 23042285
- Anti-β(2)GPI/β(2)GPI induced TF and TNF-α expression in monocytes involving both TLR4/MyD88 and TLR4/TRIF signaling pathways.
- Xie H, Zhou H, Wang H, Chen D, Xia L, Wang T, Yan J.SourceDepartment of Clinical Laboratory and Hematology, School of Medical Science and Laboratory Medicine of Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, Jiangsu 212013, PR China.
- Molecular immunology.Mol Immunol.2013 Mar;53(3):246-54. doi: 10.1016/j.molimm.2012.08.012. Epub 2012 Sep 8.
- Our previous study demonstrated that Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) could act as a co-receptor with annexin A2 (ANX2) mediating anti-β2-glycoprotein I/β2-glycoprotein I (anti-β(2)GPI/β(2)GPI)-induced tissue factor (TF) expression in human acute monocytic leukemia cell line THP-1. In the current stu
- PMID 22964479
- Reactive oxygen species (ROS) generated by cyanobacteria act as an electron acceptor in the biocathode of a bio-electrochemical system.
- Cai PJ, Xiao X, He YR, Li WW, Zang GL, Sheng GP, Hon-Wah Lam M, Yu L, Yu HQ.SourceDepartment of Chemistry, University of Science & Technology of China, Hefei 230026, China; Advanced Laboratory for Environmental Research & Technology, USTC-CityU, Suzhou 215123, China; Department of Biology and Chemistry, City University of Hong Kong, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Biosensors & bioelectronics.Biosens Bioelectron.2013 Jan 15;39(1):306-10. Epub 2012 Jul 10.
- The enhanced electricity generation in a biocathode bio-electrochemical system (BES) with Microcystis aeruginosa IPP as the cathodic microorganism under illumination is investigated. The results show that this cyanobacterium is able to act as a potential cathodic microorganism under illumination. In
- PMID 22819632
- Cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzymes and the development of CYP biosensors.
- Schneider E, Clark DS.SourceDepartment of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of California, Berkeley 201 Gilman Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA.
- Biosensors & bioelectronics.Biosens Bioelectron.2013 Jan 15;39(1):1-13. Epub 2012 Jun 26.
- Cytochrome P450s (CYPs) are a large family of heme-containing monooxygenase enzymes involved in the first-pass metabolism of drugs and foreign chemicals in the body. CYP reactions, therefore, are of high interest to the pharmaceutical industry, where lead compounds in drug development are screened f
- PMID 22809523
- Effect of Different Photoperiods on Flower Opening Time in <i>Portulaca umbraticola</i>
- 障害者雇用進展期の雇用管理と障害者雇用促進法の合理的配慮 (特集 障害者雇用の変化と法政策・職場の課題)
- Carrier induced degradation in compensated n-type silicon solar cells: Impact of light-intensity, forward bias voltage, and temperature on the reaction kinetics
- act, action, affect, efficacy, impact, impinge, indication, influence, potency, effected
- act、investigate、investigation、investigational、investigative、job、laboratory research、research、research activity、research and development、research priority、research technique、study、summary report、working
- act、action、behavior、carry out、coach、conduction、direct、direction、do、execute、guidance、guide、instruct、instruction、make、perform、practice、tutorial、undertake
- opositional defiant disorder is not correct since these children usually act out in a defiant and rebellious manner to authority figures.
- atypical mycobacterial infection