- by using a microscope; so as to be visible only with a microscope; as seen with a microscope; "the blood was examined microscopically"; "the seeds were microscopically small"
- as if by using a microscope; with extreme precision and attention to detail; in minute detail; "every manuscript was edited microscopically"
- very thin and insubstantial; "thin paper"; "light summer dresses"
- make lighter or brighter; "This lamp lightens the room a bit" (同)illume, illumine, light_up, illuminate
- a condition of spiritual awareness; divine illumination; "follow Gods light" (同)illumination
- having abundant light or illumination; "they played as long as it was light"; "as long as the lighting was good" (同)lighting
- (physics) electromagnetic radiation that can produce a visual sensation; "the light was filtered through a soft glass window" (同)visible_light, visible_radiation
- any device serving as a source of illumination; "he stopped the car and turned off the lights" (同)light_source
- the visual effect of illumination on objects or scenes as created in pictures; "he could paint the lightest light and the darkest dark" (同)lightness
- a particular perspective or aspect of a situation; "although he saw it in a different light, he still did not understand"
- a person regarded very fondly; "the light of my life"
- a visual warning signal; "they saw the light of the beacon"; "there was a light at every corner"
- an illuminated area; "he stepped into the light"
- mental understanding as an enlightening experience; "he finally saw the light"; "can you shed light on this problem?"
- public awareness; "it brought the scandal to light"
- (used of color) having a relatively small amount of coloring agent; "light blue"; "light colors such as pastels"; "a light-colored powder" (同)light-colored
- moving easily and quickly; nimble; "the dancer was light and graceful"; "a lightsome buoyant step"; "walked with a light tripping step" (同)lightsome, tripping
- having relatively few calories; "diet cola"; "light (or lite) beer"; "lite (or light) mayonnaise"; "a low-cal diet" (同)lite, low-cal, calorie-free
- less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so; "a light pound"; "a scant cup of sugar"; "regularly gives short weight" (同)scant, short
- (of sleep) easily disturbed; "in a light doze"; "a light sleeper"; "a restless wakeful night" (同)wakeful
- (physics, chemistry) not having atomic weight greater than average; "light water is ordinary water"
- (used of soil) loose and large-grained in consistency; "light soil"
- characterized by or emitting light; "a room that is light when the shutters are open"; "the inside of the house was airy and light"
- demanding little effort; not burdensome; "light housework"; "light exercise"
- designed for ease of movement or to carry little weight; "light aircraft"; "a light truck"
- easily assimilated in the alimentary canal; not rich or heavily seasoned; "a light diet"
- having little importance; "losing his job was no light matter"
- intended primarily as entertainment; not serious or profound; "light verse"; "a light comedy"
- not great in degree or quantity or number; "a light sentence"; "a light accent"; "casualties were light"; "light snow was falling"; "light misty rain"; "light smoke from the chimney"
- of comparatively little physical weight or density; "a light load"; "magnesium is a light metal--having a specific gravity of 1.74 at 20 degrees C"
- of little intensity or power or force; "the light touch of her fingers"; "a light breeze"
- of the military or industry; using (or being) relatively small or light arms or equipment; "light infantry"; "light cavalry"; "light industry"; "light weapons"
- psychologically light; especially free from sadness or troubles; "a light heart"
- extremely precise with great attention to details; "examined it with microscopic care"
- of or relating to or used in microscopy; "microscopic analysis"; "microscopical examination" (同)microscopical
- so small as to be invisible without a microscope; "differences were microscopic" (同)microscopical
- visible under a microscope; using a microscope (同)microscopical
- apparatus for supplying artificial light effects for the stage or a film
- the craft of providing artificial light; "an interior decorator must understand lighting"
- set afire or burning; "the lighted candles"; "a lighted cigarette"; "a lit firecracker" (同)lit
- 〈U〉『光,光線』;明るさ / 〈U〉夜明け;日中;日光 / 〈C〉『明かり』(太陽・灯火など光を出すもの) / 〈U〉《時にa~》光輝(brightness),(目などの)輝き / 〈C〉(点火するための)火,火花 / 〈C〉明かり採り,採光窓 / 〈C〉《通例単数形で》(絵などの)明るい部分 / 〈U〉(…についての)知識,情報,理解《+『on』+『名』》 / 〈C〉(ものを見る)観点,見地;相 / 〈C〉この世に光を与える人;指導的な人物 / …‘に'『火をつける』《+『up』+『名』+『名』+『up』》 / …‘に'『明かりをつける』,‘を'照らす《+『up』+『名,』+『名』+『up』》 / 〈人〉‘を'明かりをつけて案内する / 〈表情など〉‘を'明るくする《+『up』+『名,』+『名』+『up』》 / 〈物が〉火がつく,点火する;明かりがつく《+『up』》 / 明るくなる,晴れ晴れする《+『up』》 / 『明るい』 / (色が)『薄い』
- (重量が)『軽い』 / (いろいろな事について,その程座・量が)軽い,小さい / 『軽快な』 / 軽装の / 肩のこらない;気軽な / 手軽な,骨の折れなし / (食べ物が)消化のよい,もたれない / ふらふらする,目まいのする / アルコール分の少ない / (パンなどが)ふんわりした / (重量が)軽く / (程度が)軽く,容易に;軽装で
- (車・馬などから)降りる《+『from』+『名』》(alight) / (木などに)〈鳥などが〉止まる《+『on』(『upon』)+『名』》 / (…に)〈打撃・運などが〉突然ふりかかる《+『on』(『upon』)+『名』》
- 顕微鏡の,顕微鏡による / 《しばしば《話》》非常に小さい,微細な / 非常に綿密な
- 照明,点火 / 照明方法(装置)
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Corneal changes in xeroderma pigmentosum: a clinicopathologic report.
- Chaurasia S1, Mulay K2, Ramappa M3, Sangwan V3, Murthy S3, Nair R4, Vemuganti G5.Author information 1Cornea and Anterior Segment Services, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India. Electronic address: email@example.comOcular Pathology Services, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India.3Cornea and Anterior Segment Services, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India.4School of Medical Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India.5Ocular Pathology Services, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India; School of Medical Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India.AbstractPURPOSE: To report the clinicopathologic features of corneal involvement in patients with xeroderma pigmentosum.
- American journal of ophthalmology.Am J Ophthalmol.2014 Feb;157(2):495-500.e2. doi: 10.1016/j.ajo.2013.10.016. Epub 2013 Nov 6.
- PURPOSE: To report the clinicopathologic features of corneal involvement in patients with xeroderma pigmentosum.DESIGN: Retrospective review of corneal histopathology.METHODS: Thirteen corneal specimens of 11 patients with xeroderma pigmentosum who underwent keratoplasty (lamellar/full-thickness) fo
- PMID 24211864
- Vegetable cells in urinary samples of patients with bricker ileal conduit.
- Planinšek T, Kladnik A, Pohar-Marinšek Z, Fležar MS.Author information Department of Cytopathology, Institute of Oncology Ljubljana, Zaloška 2, SI-1000, Ljubljana, Slovenia.AbstractDuring routine cytopathological evaluation of urines for malignant cells we have occasionally noticed vegetable cells that were only present in patients with Bricker ileal conduit. We wanted to identify the means and sources of contamination of urinary samples from these patients. During the period between May and November 2010, 637 urinary samples were routinely evaluated for malignant cells. Among them were 13 urinary samples from Bricker ileal conduit which we rescreened. We prepared all urinary samples by membrane filtration and stained them according to Papanicolaou. Subsequently, we prepared samples from ostomy adhesives made by Coloplast and by ConvaTec which are used to secure the ostomy bag onto urostomy. We also took samples from different constituents (hydrocolloids) of ostomy adhesives. On the cytopathological review, we found vegetable cells along with intestinal mucosa cells in urinary samples of seven patients with Bricker ileal conduit. With the light microscopic examination of the samples prepared from different ostomy adhesives, we found vegetable cells only in Coloplast adhesives. In preparations of hydrocolloids, we found vegetable cells only in guar gum. They were morphologically identical to those found in urine samples of patients with Bricker ileal conduit and in Sensura and Sensura Xpro (Coloplast) ostomy adhesives. We determined that the origin of vegetable cells in urines from Bricker ileal conduit is the ostomy adhesive. The vegetable cells differ from human intestinal epithelial cells regarding size, shape, and color so it is difficult to misinterpret them as dysplastic cells. Diagn. Cytopathol. 2014;42: 120-124. © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Diagnostic cytopathology.Diagn Cytopathol.2014 Feb;42(2):120-4. doi: 10.1002/dc.23002. Epub 2013 May 17.
- During routine cytopathological evaluation of urines for malignant cells we have occasionally noticed vegetable cells that were only present in patients with Bricker ileal conduit. We wanted to identify the means and sources of contamination of urinary samples from these patients. During the period
- PMID 23687081
- Silymarin prevents the toxicity induced by benzo(a)pyrene in human erythrocytes by preserving its membrane integrity: An in vitro study.
- Kiruthiga P, Karutha Pandian S, Pandima Devi K.Author information Department of Biotechnology, Alagappa University, Karaikudi 630 003, Tamil Nadu, India.AbstractSilymarin, the purified extract from milk thistle Silybum marianum (L.) Gaertn, consists mainly of four isomeric flavonolignans: silibinin, isosilibinin, silidianin, and silichristin. The present study was carried out to evaluate the protective potential of silymarin in human erythrocytes against in vitro exposure to the carcinogen benzo(a)pyrene (B(a)P). Erythrocytes isolated from human blood were divided into four groups and treated with Vehicle [Group I], B(a)P (300 μM) [Group II], Silymarin (500 μM) + B(a)P (300 μM) [Group III], and Silymarin alone (500 μM)] [Group IV]. Silymarin treatment maintains the integrity of erythrocytes by preventing hemolysis, protein thiol oxidation and by decreasing the activity of AChE. SEM observations indicate that B(a)P induced significant alteration in the morphology of erythrocytes to echinocytes, which may be due to the interaction of B(a)P with the membrane's outer phopholipid monolayer. The light microscopic and SEM images show that silymarin treatment maintains the normal discocytic morphology of erythrocytes. The protective effect of silymarin might be attributed to its chemical structure and membranotrophic nature. The components silibinin, silydianin, and silychristin have OH in the 3rd, 5th, and 7th carbon atoms that may account for its increased antioxidant activity and removal of ROS formed during B(a)P metabolism. © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Environ Toxicol 29: 165-175, 2014.
- Environmental toxicology.Environ Toxicol.2014 Feb;29(2):165-75. doi: 10.1002/tox.20783. Epub 2011 Nov 3.
- Silymarin, the purified extract from milk thistle Silybum marianum (L.) Gaertn, consists mainly of four isomeric flavonolignans: silibinin, isosilibinin, silidianin, and silichristin. The present study was carried out to evaluate the protective potential of silymarin in human erythrocytes against in
- PMID 22052664
- Morphological study of the submandibular gland in the type 2 diabetes mellitus model rat
- Morishita Ayaka,Uemura Mamoru,Suwa Fumihiko
- Journal of Osaka Dental University 48(1), 1-8, 2014-04
- … We investigated the cross-sectional area of the serous cells (n = 3, light microscopic specimens), the acinus diameter (n = 3, surface morphology specimens), and the diameter of the capillaries around the acinus (n = 3, microvasucular corrosion cast specimens). …
- NAID 110009810293
- A Unique Case of γ-heavy Chain Deposition Disease Characterized by Concomitant Deposition of γ2 and γ4 Subclasses
- Yin Guang,Wu Yan,Zeng Cai-Hong,Chen Hui-Ping,Liu Zhi-Hong
- Internal Medicine 53(22), 2615-2618, 2014
- … A 39-year-old woman presented with hypertension, nephrotic syndrome, anemia, microscopic hematuria and progressive renal dysfunction. … A light microscopic examination of renal biopsy specimens showed nodular glomerulosclerosis. … Immunofluorescence microscopy showed positive glomerular and tubular staining for immunoglobulin G (IgG) and negative staining for κ and λ light chains. …
- NAID 130004713251
- Disturbance of Periodontal Tissue Caused by Mechanical Compression into the Gingival Col of Streptozotocin-induced Diabetic Rats
- Tokunaga Tetsuhiko,Enoki Norio,Okamura Kazuhiko,Taniguchi Kunihisa
- Journal of Hard Tissue Biology 23(2), 187-198, 2014
- … The light microscopic changes of Group DM were consistent with SEM findings. …
- NAID 130004480651
- Light microscopes from Leica Microsystems meet the highest demands whatever the application – from routine laboratory work to the research of multi ... Perfect application Leica Microsystems products are developed with the user ...
- Light Microscopy The light microscope, so called because it employs visible light to detect small objects, is probably the most well-known and well-used research tool in biology. Yet, many students and teachers are ...
- bright、photic、photoradiation、point of view、ray、viewpoint、visible light、visible radiation