- move back and away from; "The enemy fell back"
- yield to temptation or sin; "Adam and Eve fell"
- the season when the leaves fall from the trees; "in the fall of 1973" (同)autumn
- come as if by falling; "Night fell"; "Silence fell" (同)descend, settle
- be born, used chiefly of lambs; "The lambs fell in the afternoon"
- begin vigorously; "The prisoners fell to work right away"
- go as if by falling; "Grief fell from our hearts"
- occur at a specified time or place; "Christmas falls on a Monday this year"; "The accent falls on the first syllable"
- pass suddenly and passively into a state of body or mind; "fall into a trap"; "She fell ill"; "They fell out of favor"; "Fall in love"; "fall asleep"; "fall prey to an imposter"; "fall into a strange way of thinking"; "she fell to pieces after she lost her work"
- a lapse into sin; a loss of innocence or of chastity; "a fall from virtue"
- a sudden decline in strength or number or importance; "the fall of the House of Hapsburg" (同)downfall
- when a wrestlers shoulders are forced to the mat (同)pin
- a movement downward; "the rise and fall of the tides"
- come under, be classified or included; "fall into a category"; "This comes under a new heading" (同)come
- lose an upright position suddenly; "The vase fell over and the water spilled onto the table"; "Her hair fell across her forehead" (同)fall down
- fall to somebody by assignment or lot; "The task fell to me"; "It fell to me to notify the parents of the victims" (同)light
- be inherited by; "The estate fell to my sister"; "The land returned to the family"; "The estate devolved to an heir that everybody had assumed to be dead" (同)return, pass, devolve
- touch or seem as if touching visually or audibly; "Light fell on her face"; "The sun shone on the fields"; "The light struck the golden necklace"; "A strange sound struck my ears" (同)shine, strike
- assume a disappointed or sad expression; "Her face fell when she heard that she would be laid off"; "his crest fell"
- be captured; "The cities fell to the enemy"
- be cast down; "his eyes fell"
- be due; "payments fall on the 1st of the month"
- come out; issue; "silly phrases fell from her mouth"
- descend in free fall under the influence of gravity; "The branch fell from the tree"; "The unfortunate hiker fell into a crevasse"
- die, as in battle or in a hunt; "Many soldiers fell at Verdun"; "Several deer have fallen to the same gun"; "The shooting victim fell dead"
- drop oneself to a lower or less erect position; "She fell back in her chair"; "He fell to his knees"
- lose office or power; "The government fell overnight"; "The Qing Dynasty fell with Sun Yat-sen"
- lose ones chastity; "a fallen woman"
- move in a specified direction; "The line of men fall forward"
- slope downward; "The hills around here fall towards the ocean"
- suffer defeat, failure, or ruin; "We must stand or fall"; "fall by the wayside"
- to be given by assignment or distribution; "The most difficult task fell on the youngest member of the team"; "The onus fell on us"; "The pressure to succeed fell on the youngest student"
- to be given by right or inheritance; "The estate fell to the oldest daughter"
- establish as valid or genuine; "Can you back up your claims?" (同)back_up
- strengthen by providing with a back or backing
- a support that you can lean against while sitting; "the back of the dental chair was adjustable" (同)backrest
- (American football) the position of a player on a football team who is stationed behind the line of scrimmage
- the part of a garment that covers the back of your body; "they pinned a `kick me sign on his back"
- travel backward; "back into the driveway"; "The car backed up and hit the tree"
- the posterior part of a human (or animal) body from the neck to the end of the spine; "his back was nicely tanned" (同)dorsum
- the part of something that is furthest from the normal viewer; "he stood at the back of the stage"; "it was hidden in the rear of the store" (同)rear
- (football) a person who plays in the backfield
- in or to or toward a past time; "set the clocks back an hour"; "never look back"; "lovers of the past looking fondly backward" (同)backward
- at or to or toward the back or rear; "he moved back"; "tripped when he stepped backward"; "she looked rearward out the window of the car" (同)backward, backwards, rearward, rearwards
- be behind; approve of; "He plumped for the Labor Party"; "I backed Kennedy in 1960" (同)endorse, indorse, plump for, plunk for, support
- located at or near the back of an animal; "back (or hind) legs"; "the hinder part of a carcass" (同)hind, hinder
- be in back of; "My garage backs their yard"
- cause to travel backward; "back the car into the parking spot"
- in or to or toward a former location; "she went back to her parents house"
- in or to or toward an original condition; "he went back to sleep"
- in repayment or retaliation; "we paid back everything we had borrowed"; "he hit me and I hit him back"; "I was kept in after school for talking back to the teacher"
- in reply; "he wrote back three days later"
- of an earlier date; "back issues of the magazine"
- related to or located at the back; "the back yard"; "the back entrance"
- shift to a counterclockwise direction; "the wind backed"
- support financial backing for; "back this enterprise"
- the act of providing approval and support; "his vigorous backing of the conservatives got him in trouble with progressives" (同)backup, championship, patronage
- something forming a back that is added for strengthening (同)mount
- used of film that is coated on the side opposite the emulsion with a substance to absorb light
- having a back or backing, usually of a specified type
- decreasing in amount or degree; "falling temperature"
- becoming lower or less in degree or value; "a falling market"; "falling incomes"
- 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》『落下する』,落ちる / 〈人・物が〉『倒れる』《+『down』(『over』)》 / 傷ついて倒れる,倒れて死ぬ / (…まで)垂れ下がる,〈道などが〉下降する《+『to』+『名』》 / 〈目・顔などが〉下を向く,うつむく,沈む / 〈暗やみ・静けさなどが〉(…に)たれ込める;〈災害・責任・病気・眠けなどが〉(…に)降りかかる《+『on』(『upon, over』)+『名』》 / 〈程度・数量・値段などが〉(…まで)『下がる』,減少する《+『to』+『名』》 / 誘惑に負ける,墜落する / (勢力・威信・人望などを)失う《+『from』(『in』)+『名』》 / 〈政権などが〉倒れる,〈要塞などが〉陥落する;(…の手に)落ちる《+『to』+『名』》 / 『なる』,陥る / 〈時・事が〉(…に)当たる,起こる,(しかるべき位置に)来る《+『on』(『upon』)+『名』》 / 〈光線・視線などが〉(…に)向けられる《+『on』(『upon』)+『名』 / (…に)分かれる《+『into』+『名』》 / 〈言葉などが〉(…から)漏れる《+『from』》 / 〈C〉(…から)『落ちること』,落下《+『from』+『名』》;(…への)落下《+『to』(『toward』)+『名』》 / 〈C〉(雨・雪などの)降った量《+『of』+『名』》 / 《複数形で》《固有名詞としては単数扱い》滝 / 〈C〉(…から…までの)落差《+『from』+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈C〉倒れること,転倒 / 〈C〉(程度・数量・値段などの)下落,減少,衰退《+『in』+『名』》 / 《単数形で》(…の)陥落,崩壊《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈U〉堕落 / 〈C〉傾斜
- 〈C〉(人・動物の)『背』,『背中』,背部 / 《通例the~》(正面に対して)(…の)『後ろ』,『裏』,奥,後部《+『of』+『名』》 / 《通例the back》背に似たもの;(手足の)甲;(刀の)みね;(いす・本の)背 / 〈C〉〈U〉(フットボール・ホッケーなどの)後衛 / 《名詞の前にのみ用にて》『後ろの』,後部にある,裏の / 後もどりする,逆の / 遅れている,未払いの / (中心から)遠い,へんぴな,奥地の / (音声が)後舌音の / 『後方へ』,『後ろに』(backward) / (場所・状態が)『もとへ』,帰って,返して / (時間的に)『さかのぼって』,今から…前に(ago) / 〈車など〉'を'『後退させる』 / (…で)〈人・計画など〉'を'『後援する』,支持する(support)《+『名』+『in』+『名』》 / (競馬で)…に賭ける / (…で)…‘の'伴奏をする《+『名』+『by』+『名』》 / …‘の'裏手にある,背景をなす / 〈手形など〉‘に'裏書きする(endorse) / 《しばしば受動態で》〈本〉‘に'背をつける,(…で)…'を'裏打ちする《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / 後ずさりする,後退する(move backward)
- 〈U〉(本などの)裏打ち,背付け / 〈U〉後援,支持;《集合的に》後援者たち / 〈C〉(ポピュラー音楽で)伴奏
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Acyclovir-induced acute renal failure and the importance of an expanding waist line.
- Seedat A, Winnett G.SourceDepartment of General Medicine, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS, Foundation Trust, Basildon, UK.
- BMJ case reports.BMJ Case Rep.2012 Jul 12;2012. pii: bcr2012006264. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2012-006264.
- A 23-year-old gentleman with no significant medical history other than obesity was admitted with a history of balance problems, double vision and strange behaviour following a fall from bed. Systems examination was unremarkable. The patient was given intravenous acyclovir and intravenous ceftriaxone
- PMID 22791803
- A structural equation model relating physical function, pain, impaired mobility (IM), and falls in older adults.
- Dai B, Ware WB, Giuliani CA.SourceDivision of Physical Therapy, Department of Allied Health Sciences, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA.
- Archives of gerontology and geriatrics.Arch Gerontol Geriatr.2012 Jul 3. [Epub ahead of print]
- The current study used a structural equation model to investigate the interrelationships among physical function, pain, IM, and falls in 511 American older adults. The model included 11 measurement variables (tandem stance, single leg stance, 360° turn, chair stand, arm curl, sit and reach, back sc
- PMID 22766209
- 樋渡 彩
- 日本建築学会計画系論文集 80(709), 755-763, 2015
- … This study aims to clarify historically the utilization of waterfront of Venice, which is known as a water city, back in 19th and 20th century. … Particularly, it intends to clarify the change in the process of construction of terraces overhanging the canal and the utilization of the riverside (fondamenta) in the development of the infrastructures after the fall of the Republic in Venice - a city where boats and buildings are naturally blended, transformed the urban structure by. …
- NAID 130005062908
- The effects of whole body vibration on static balance, spinal curvature, pain, and disability of patients with low back pain
- Yang Jinmo,Seo Dongkwon
- Journal of Physical Therapy Science 27(3), 805-808, 2015
- … [Purpose] The purpose of this study was to investigate the impact of whole body vibration (WBV) on static balance, spinal curvature, pain, and the disability of patients with chronic lower back pain. … In the comparison of the two groups, the WBV group showed more significant improvements in the fall index and pain. … [Conclusion] WBV can be recommended for the improvement of the balance ability and pain of chronic lower back pain patients. …
- NAID 130005061708
- アンダーシュートアーチファクト除去のための簡便な処理手法の開発 ─シミュレーションデータによる評価─
- 北 章延,小野口 昌久,杉本 勝也 [他],土田 龍郎,戸井 章子,岸本 貴宏,嶋田 真人,安達 登志樹
- 日本放射線技術学会雑誌 71(3), 201-207, 2015
- … The undershooting artifact occurs using the filtered back projection (FBP) method. … Thereby, the fall of the target accumulation and a deficit arise and it becomes a clinical problem. …
- NAID 130004776334
- フォールバックとは、システムに障害が発生したときに性能を落としたり機能を制限したり して限定的ながら稼動を続行すること。あるいは、利用したい機能が条件が悪く使えない 場合に、代替となる機能に切り替えること。また、そのような機能や構成。通信の世界.
- fallback - WordReference English-Japanese Dictionary.
- (the ～; 単数形)(都市などの)陥落。没落、滅亡、崩壊、政権を失うこと
- (Fall]/[the/a ～]堕落。(神学)罪