- flict- fligo to strike down
- afflicted children typically present with failure to thrive and visual problems due to lens displacement.
- the autosomal recessive form is much more severe, with only a few afflicted children surviving in to infancy. (osteopetrosis)
- severely afflicted patients are unable to leave the supine position without experiencing presyncope or syncope.(uptodate)
- burden, distress
- cause physical pain or suffering in; "afflict with the plague" (同)smite
- cause great unhappiness for; distress; "she was afflicted by the death of her parents"
- weight down with a load (同)burthen, weight, weight down
- an onerous or difficult concern; "the burden of responsibility"; "thats a load off my mind" (同)load, encumbrance, incumbrance, onus
- the central idea that is expanded in a document or discourse
- a condition of suffering or distress due to ill health
- a state of great suffering and distress due to adversity
- a cause of great suffering and distress
- causing misery or pain or distress; "it was a sore trial to him"; "the painful process of growing up" (同)painful, sore
- grievously affected especially by disease (同)stricken
- mentally or physically unfit (同)impaired
- (肉体的に,精神的に)(…で)…'を'『苦しめる』,悩ます(distress)《+『名』+『with』+『名』 (a person's do『ing』)》
- 〈C〉『荷物』,『積荷』 / 〈U〉荷物の運搬 / 〈C〉(…にとっての)(心を)『重荷』,苦しみ,悩み《+『to』(『on』)+『名』》 / (荷を)…‘に'『負わせる』,積む《+『名』~『with』+『名』〈荷〉》
- 〈C〉(歌の)折り返し / 《the ~》くり返し説かれる要旨(主旨)
- (心身の)苦悩,難儀 / 苦悩(悩み)を引き起こすもの
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- A Simplified Algorithm for Diagnosis of Spinal Cord Lesions.
- Baruah D1, Chandra T2, Bajaj M3, Sonowal P4, Klein A2, Maheshwari M5, Guleria S6.
- Current problems in diagnostic radiology.Curr Probl Diagn Radiol.2015 May-Jun;44(3):256-266. doi: 10.1067/j.cpradiol.2014.12.004. Epub 2015 Jan 5.
- Neuroimaging is indispensable for evaluation of Myelopathy not only for localization but also for etiologic determination. MRI is the preferred examination for further characterization of the majority of these conditions. These include traumatic, inflammatory, infections, compressive and neoplastic
- PMID 25801464
- Inhibition of Bcl-2 or IAP proteins does not provoke mutations in surviving cells.
- Shekhar TM1, Green MM2, Rayner DM1, Miles MA1, Cutts SM1, Hawkins CJ3.
- Mutation research.Mutat Res.2015 Apr 15;777:23-32. doi: 10.1016/j.mrfmmm.2015.04.005. [Epub ahead of print]
- Chemotherapy and radiotherapy can cause permanent damage to the genomes of surviving cells, provoking severe side effects such as second malignancies in some cancer survivors. Drugs that mimic the activity of death ligands, or antagonise pro-survival proteins of the Bcl-2 or IAP families have yielde
- PMID 25916945
- Accumulation and age-related elevation of amyloid-β within basal forebrain cholinergic neurons in the rhesus monkey.
- Norvin D1, Kim G1, Baker-Nigh A1, Geula C2.
- Neuroscience.Neuroscience.2015 Apr 11;298:102-111. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2015.04.011. [Epub ahead of print]
- Basal forebrain cholinergic neurons (BFCN) are selectively vulnerable to damage and loss in a number of neurodegenerative disorders that afflict the elderly, particularly Alzheimer's disease. The reasons for this selective vulnerability remain poorly understood. Given that intraneuronal accumulation
- PMID 25869619
- GeneTIER: prioritization of candidate disease genes using tissue-specific gene expression profiles.
- Antanaviciute A1, Daly C2, A Crinnion L3, F Markham A2, M Watson C3, T Bonthron D2, M Carr I2.
- Bioinformatics (Oxford, England).Bioinformatics.2015 Apr 9. pii: btv196. [Epub ahead of print]
- Motivation In attempts to determine the genetic causes of human disease, researchers are often faced with a large number of candidate genes. Linkage studies can point to a genomic region containing hundreds of genes, while the high-throughput sequencing approach will often identify a great number of
- PMID 25861967
- 緑内障研究の進歩 : 原発開放隅角緑内障(広義)への挑戦-臨床的諸問題とその科学的解決-
- 杉山 和久,東出 朋巳,大久保 真司,新田 耕治,武田 久,奥田 徹彦,桜井 真由美,長田 敦,斎藤 代志明,高橋 真美,前田 有,辻屋 壮介,室谷 英治,若林 祐佳,高 延琳,中谷 雄介,馬渡 嘉郎,川口 一朗,川口 千晶,岡村 均,可児 一孝,樋田 一徳,岩瀬 愛子,川瀬 和秀,兼子 博章,福平 由佳子
- 日本眼科學会雜誌 116(3), 233-268, 2012-03-10
- … Primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG), including normal-tension glaucoma (NTG), is reported by the Tajimi Study to afflict 3.9% of the total population, and this represents about 80% of all total glaucoma cases which, in total, afflict 5.0% of the population. …
- NAID 10030249484
- 途上国農業開発における国連機関と多国籍アグリビジネスの協同モデル : FAO産業協同プログラム(ICP)を事例に
- 池島 祥文
- 歴史と経済 51(4), 1-15, 2009-07-30
- … In fighting the hunger and poverty that still afflict many people in today's world, the United Nations has been turning to partnership with transnational corporations (TNCs) when formulating and implementing development policies. …
- NAID 110007340808
- Endoscopic Feature Tracking and Scale-Invariant Estimation of Soft-Tissue Structures
- WU Chia-Hsiang,SUN Yung-Nien,CHEN Yi-Chiao,CHANG Chien-Chen
- IEICE transactions on information and systems 91(2), 351-360, 2008-02-01
- … It deals with the common problems of low contrast and uneven illumination that afflict endoscopic imaging. …
- NAID 10026801279
- afflict 【他動】〔肉体的または精神的に〕苦しめる、悩ます - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- afflict, try, torment, torture, rack mean to inflict on a person something that is hard to bear. afflict is a general term and applies to the causing of pain or suffering or of acute annoyance, embarrassment, or any distress <ills that afflict the elderly>
- But, however brief his annoyance was, it was sufficiently acute to occasion him much pain, and to afflict those who loved him. Life of Lord Byron, With His Letters And Journals, Vol. 5 (of 6) (Lord Byron) George Gordon Byron ...