- spin labeling
- work natural fibers into a thread; "spin silk"
- prolong or extend; "spin out a visit" (同)spin out
- the act of rotating rapidly; "he gave the crank a spin"; "it broke off after much twisting" (同)twirl, twist, twisting, whirl
- a distinctive interpretation (especially as used by politicians to sway public opinion); "the campaign put a favorable spin on the story"
- a short drive in a car; "he took the new car for a spin"
- a swift whirling motion (usually of a missile)
- revolve quickly and repeatedly around ones own axis; "The dervishes whirl around and around without getting dizzy" (同)spin around, whirl, reel, gyrate
- form a web by making a thread; "spiders spin a fine web"
- make up a story; "spin a yarn"
- stream in jets, of liquids; "The creek spun its course through the woods"
- twist and turn so as to give an intended interpretation; "The Presidents spokesmen had to spin the story to make it less embarrassing"
- distinguish (as a compound or molecule) by introducing a labeled atom
- a radioactive isotope that is used in a compound in order to trace the mechanism of a chemical reaction
- trade name of a company that produces musical recordings; "the artists and repertoire department of a recording label is responsible for finding new talent" (同)recording label
- a brief description given for purposes of identification; "the label Modern is applied to many different kinds of architecture"
- an identifying or descriptive marker that is attached to an object
- assign a label to; designate with a label; "These students were labelled `learning disabled"
- distinguish (an element or atom) by using a radioactive isotope or an isotope of unusual mass for tracing through chemical reactions
- a workplace for the conduct of scientific research (同)laboratory, research lab, research laboratory, science lab, science laboratory
- bearing or marked with a label or tag; "properly labeled luggage" (同)labelled, tagged
- (羊毛などから)〈糸など〉‘を'『紡ぐ』《+『名』+『out of』+『名』〈羊毛〉》,(糸などに)〈羊毛など〉‘を'紡ぐ《+『名』〈羊毛〉+『into』+『名』》 / 〈クモ・カイコなどが〉〈糸〉‘を'『吐く』;〈巣・繭〉‘を'かける / …‘を'くるくる回す / 〈物語など〉‘を'作る,話す / 『糸を紡ぐ』;〈クモ・カイコなどが〉糸を吐く / 〈こまなどが〉くるくる回る / 〈車などが〉疾走する / 〈頭などが〉くらくらする / 〈C〉〈U〉くるくる回すこと;回転 / 〈C〉《単数形で》(車などの)一走り / 〈C〉(飛行機の)きりもみ降下 / 〈C〉《単数形で》(価値などの)急落
- (品名・製造元などを示す)『はり札』,ラベル;(小包などの)荷札 / (団体・運動・政党支持者などの特徴を示す)短い文句,通り名;(辞書の見出し語などにつける)ラベル([物理][化学]など) / …‘に'『ラベルをはる』,荷札をつける;《比喩(ひゆ)的》〈人〉‘に'レッテルをはる
EPR spectrum of a spin label
A spin label (SL) is an organic molecule which possesses an unpaired electron, usually on a nitrogen atom, and the ability to bind to another molecule. Spin labels are normally used as tools for probing proteins or biological membrane-local dynamics using electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy. The site-directed spin labeling (SDSL) technique allows one to monitor a specific region within a protein. In protein structure examinations, amino acid-specific SLs can be used.
The goal of spin labeling is somewhat similar to that of isotopic substitution in NMR spectroscopy. There one replaces an atom lacking a nuclear spin (and so is NMR-silent) with an isotope having a spin I 0 (and so is NMR-active). This technique is useful for tracking the chemical environment around an atom when full substitution with an NMR-active isotope is not feasible. Recently, spin-labelling has also been used to probe chemical local environment in NMR itself, in a technique known as Paramagnetic Relaxation Enhancement (PRE).
Recent developments in the theory and experimental measurement of PREs have enabled the detection, characterization and visualization of sparsely-populated states of proteins and their complexes. Such states, which are invisible to conventional biophysical and structural techniques, play a key role in many biological processes including molecular recognition, allostery, macromolecular assembly and aggregation.
Applications of spin EPR
Spin labelled fatty acids have been extensively used to understand dynamic organization of lipids in bio-membranes and membrane biophysics. For example, stearic acid labelled with nitroxyl spin label moiety at various carbons (5,7,9,12,13,14 and 16th) with respect to first carbon of carbonyl group have been used to study the flexibility gradient of membrane lipids to understand membrane fluidity conditions at different depths of their lipid bilayer organization.
- ^ Clore GM; Iwahara J (2009). "Theory, practice and applications of paramagnetic relaxation enhancement for the characterization of low-population states of biological macromolecules and their complexes". Chemical Reviews 109 (9): 4108–4139. doi:10.1021/cr900033p. PMID 19522502.
- ^ Yashroy, R. C. (1990). "Magnetic resonance studies of dynamic organisation of lipids in chloroplast membranes". Journal of Biosciences 15 (4): 281–288. doi:10.1007/BF02702669. ISSN 0250-5991.
- Berliner, L.J. (1976). Spin labeling I : theory and applications, Academic Press, New York.
- Berliner, L.J. (1979). Spin labeling II : theory and applications, Academic Press, New York.
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- REDOR constraints on the peptidoglycan lattice architecture of Staphylococcus aureus and its FemA mutant.
- Singh M1, Kim SJ2, Sharif S1, Preobrazhenskaya M3, Schaefer J4.
- Biochimica et biophysica acta.Biochim Biophys Acta.2015 Jan;1848(1 Pt B):363-8. doi: 10.1016/j.bbamem.2014.05.025. Epub 2014 Jun 2.
- The peptidoglycan of Gram-positive bacteria consists of glycan chains with attached short peptide stems cross-linked to one another by glycyl bridges. The bridge of Staphylococcus aureus has five glycyl units and that of its FemA mutant has one. These long- and short-bridge cross-links create totall
- PMID 24990251
- Sterically shielded spin labels for in-cell EPR spectroscopy: Analysis of stability in reducing environment.
- Jagtap AP1, Krstic I, Kunjir NC, Hänsel R, Prisner TF, Sigurdsson ST.
- Free radical research.Free Radic Res.2015 Jan;49(1):78-85. doi: 10.3109/10715762.2014.979409. Epub 2014 Nov 20.
- Abstract Electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) spectroscopy is a powerful and widely used technique for studying structure and dynamics of biomolecules under bio-orthogonal conditions. In-cell EPR is an emerging area in this field; however, it is hampered by the reducing environment present in cells
- PMID 25348344
- Experimental mapping of DNA duplex shape enabled by global lineshape analyses of a nucleotide-independent nitroxide probe.
- Ding Y1, Zhang X1, Tham KW1, Qin PZ2.
- Nucleic acids research.Nucleic Acids Res.2015;42(18):e140. doi: 10.1093/nar/gku695. Epub 2014 Aug 4.
- Sequence-dependent variation in structure and dynamics of a DNA duplex, collectively referred to as 'DNA shape', critically impacts interactions between DNA and proteins. Here, a method based on the technique of site-directed spin labeling was developed to experimentally map shapes of two DNA duplex
- PMID 25092920
- Strong Electron Correlation behind the Superconductivity in Ce-Free and Ce-Underdoped High-<italic>T</italic><sub>c</sub>T′-Cuprates
- Magnetic Effects in Films of Mn<sub>12</sub>-Acetate
- Thermal Hall Conductivity in a Multiband Chiral <italic>p</italic>-Wave Superconductor
- how it works! The patented “spin” label is actually two labels, a top label and a bottom label. As the consumer spins the top label, information on the bottom label is revealed through a window, thus increasing labeling space on a ...
- 電子スピン共鳴(ESR)法は強磁場中に置かれたラジカルにマイクロ波を当て，吸収されるエネルギーを観測する分析法です。近年，生体内のヒドロキシルラジカルやスーパーオキシドなどのいわゆる活性酸素の働きが注目され，ESR法に ...
- spin label、spin labeling
- spin label、spin labeling
- spin label