- a plane figure with rounded sides curving inward at the top and intersecting at the bottom; conventionally used on playing cards and valentines; "he drew a heart and called it a valentine"
- the courage to carry on; "he kept fighting on pure spunk"; "you havent got the heart for baseball" (同)mettle, nerve, spunk
- an inclination or tendency of a certain kind; "he had a change of heart" (同)spirit
- a playing card in the major suit that has one or more red hearts on it; "he led the queen of hearts"; "hearts were trumps"
- the locus of feelings and intuitions; "in your heart you know it is true"; "her story would melt your bosom" (同)bosom
- the hollow muscular organ located behind the sternum and between the lungs; its rhythmic contractions move the blood through the body; "he stood still, his heart thumping wildly" (同)pump, ticker
- a firm rather dry variety meat (usually beef or veal); "a five-pound beef heart will serve six"
- able to perceive sound
- an opportunity to state your case and be heard; "they condemned him without a hearing"; "he saw that he had lost his audience" (同)audience
- (law) a proceeding (usually by a court) where evidence is taken for the purpose of determining an issue of fact and reaching a decision based on that evidence
- the ability to hear; the auditory faculty; "his hearing was impaired" (同)audition, auditory sense, sense of hearing, auditory modality
- a session (of a committee or grand jury) in which witnesses are called and testimony is taken; "the investigative committee will hold hearings in Chicago"
- control consisting of a mechanical device for controlling the flow of a fluid
- device in a brass wind instrument for varying the length of the air column to alter the pitch of a tone
- one of the paired hinged shells of certain molluscs and of brachiopods
- the entire one-piece shell of a snail and certain other molluscs
- a structure in a hollow organ (like the heart) with a flap to insure one-way flow of fluid through it
- receive a communication from someone; "We heard nothing from our son for five years"
- examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process; "The jury had heard all the evidence"; "The case will be tried in California" (同)try
- perceive (sound) via the auditory sense
- 〈C〉『心臓』;胸 / 〈C〉(感情の中心をなす)『心』,気持ち / 〈U〉愛情,同情 / 〈U〉『勇気』,元気,熱意 / 《the ~》『中心』,内部,(物事の)本質,核心 / 〈C〉ハート形の物;(カードの)ハートの札
- 〈U〉『聴力』,聴覚〈U〉〈C〉(…を)『聞くこと』,(…の)聞き取り《+『of』+『名』》・〈C〉聞いてもらう機会,聞いてやること・聴取・聴聞会〈C〉(法廷などでの)尋問,審問,;(刑罰の減免を求める)釈明,意見陳述 / 〈U〉聞こえる距離(範囲)
- (液体・ガスなどの流れを調節する)『バルブ』,弁 / (血液の流れを調節する)弁,弁膜 / (管楽器の)バルブ / (2枚貝の)から,貝がら / 《英》真空管
- 〈音〉‘が'『聞こえる』,‘を'聞く(進行形にできない) / 〈人の言うこと〉‘に'『耳を傾ける』,‘を'注意深く聞く(listen);(裁判官などが)…の申し立てを聞く / 〈うわさ・ニュースなど〉‘を'『耳にしている』,聞いている / 『耳が聞こえる』 / 《しばしば命令形で》耳を傾ける,注意を向ける / 『うわさ』(『消息』)『を聞く』
- =record / =disk
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- A heart valve having a held pivoting disc for controlling the flow of blood. The disc is located within a passage in the base of the valve. Inwardly directed proximal and distal pivots control the piv
- Nov. 4, 1969 R. L. KASTER 3,476,143 PIVOTING DISC HEART VALVE Filed April 1'7, 1967 3 Sheets-Sheet 1 INVENTOR. ROBERT L. KAJTER W4 Lia/Lama? Arronmsr: Nov. 4, 1969 R. 1.. KASTER PIVOTING DISC HEART ...
- pivoting disc prosthesic heart valve
- Heart valves
- specific types
- Heart valves
- specific types
- Dietary Intervention Study in Children