- form a critical opinion of; "I cannot judge some works of modern art"; "How do you evaluate this grant proposal?" "We shouldnt pass judgment on other people" (同)pass judgment, judge
- Assessment of the water supply:demand ratios in a Mediterranean basin under different global change scenarios and mitigation alternatives.
- Boithias L1, Acuña V2, Vergoñós L2, Ziv G3, Marcé R2, Sabater S4.Author information 1Catalan Institute for Water Research, Emili Grahit 101, Scientific and Technological Park of the University of Girona, 17003 Girona, Spain. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.orgCatalan Institute for Water Research, Emili Grahit 101, Scientific and Technological Park of the University of Girona, 17003 Girona, Spain.3The Natural Capital Project, Woods Institute for the Environment, 371 Serra Mall, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305-5020, USA.4Catalan Institute for Water Research, Emili Grahit 101, Scientific and Technological Park of the University of Girona, 17003 Girona, Spain; Institute of Aquatic Ecology, University of Girona, 17071 Girona, Spain.AbstractSpatial differences in the supply and demand of ecosystem services such as water provisioning often imply that the demand for ecosystem services cannot be fulfilled at the local scale, but it can be fulfilled at larger scales (regional, continental). Differences in the supply:demand (S:D) ratio for a given service result in different values, and these differences might be assessed with monetary or non-monetary metrics. Water scarcity occurs where and when water resources are not enough to meet all the demands, and this affects equally the service of water provisioning and the ecosystem needs. In this study we assess the value of water in a Mediterranean basin under different global change (i.e. both climate and anthropogenic changes) and mitigation scenarios, with a non-monetary metric: the S:D ratio. We computed water balances across the Ebro basin (North-East Spain) with the spatially explicit InVEST model. We highlight the spatial and temporal mismatches existing across a single hydrological basin regarding water provisioning and its consumption, considering or not, the environmental demand (environmental flow). The study shows that water scarcity is commonly a local issue (sub-basin to region), but that all demands are met at the largest considered spatial scale (basin). This was not the case in the worst-case scenario (increasing demands and decreasing supply), as the S:D ratio at the basin scale was near 1, indicating that serious problems of water scarcity might occur in the near future even at the basin scale. The analysis of possible mitigation scenarios reveals that the impact of global change may be counteracted by the decrease of irrigated areas. Furthermore, the comparison between a non-monetary (S:D ratio) and a monetary (water price) valuation metrics reveals that the S:D ratio provides similar values and might be therefore used as a spatially explicit metric to valuate the ecosystem service water provisioning.
- The Science of the total environment.Sci Total Environ.2014 Feb 1;470-471:567-77. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2013.10.003. Epub 2013 Oct 26.
- Spatial differences in the supply and demand of ecosystem services such as water provisioning often imply that the demand for ecosystem services cannot be fulfilled at the local scale, but it can be fulfilled at larger scales (regional, continental). Differences in the supply:demand (S:D) ratio for
- PMID 24176705
- Urinary concentration of 8-isoprostane as marker of severity of pediatric OSAS.
- Villa MP, Supino MC, Fedeli S, Rabasco J, Vitelli O, Del Pozzo M, Gentile G, Lionetto L, Barreto M, Simmaco M.Author information Neuroscience, Mental Health and Sense Organs Department, Sleep Disorder Centre, Faculty of Medicine and Psychology, "La Sapienza" University, Rome, Italy, email@example.com.AbstractBACKGROUND: F2-isoprostanes are considered to be a reliable standard biomarker of oxidative stress in vivo because they are not influenced by the intake of lipids in the diet, and they are chemically stable molecules and easily detected. This study aimed to test the hypothesis that 8-isoprostane level is a useful marker to valuate the severity of pediatric obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
- Sleep & breathing = Schlaf & Atmung.Sleep Breath.2014 Jan 17. [Epub ahead of print]
- BACKGROUND: F2-isoprostanes are considered to be a reliable standard biomarker of oxidative stress in vivo because they are not influenced by the intake of lipids in the diet, and they are chemically stable molecules and easily detected. This study aimed to test the hypothesis that 8-isoprostane lev
- PMID 24436094
- Is a Vessel-Sealing System Useful for Resection of Anterior Mediastinal Mass?
- Santini M, Fiorelli A, Vicidomini G, Messina G, Accardo M.Author information Department of Cardio-Thoracic Disease, Second University of Naples, Thoracic Surgery Unit, Naples, Italy.AbstractObjective To valuate if the LigaSure (Valleylab, Boulder, Colorado, United States) vessel-sealing system could reduce operative time, intraoperative blood loss, drainage duration, and hospital stay in patients with anterior mediastinal mass undergoing open resection. Methods Forty consecutive patients having resection of anterior mediastinal mass were randomized into two groups according to whether LigaSure was used (n = 20) or not (n = 20). Tumor size, operative time, intraoperative blood loss, chest tube output and duration, length of hospital stay, morbidity, and mortality were prospectively recorded, then intergroup differences were statistically analyzed. Results Both groups were well matched for age, tumor size, pathologic diagnosis, and incidence of complications. LigaSure significantly reduced operative duration (p < 0.0001) compared with the traditional technique but without leading to any significant reduction in intraoperative blood loss (p = 0.2), chest tube output (p = 0.2) and duration (p = 0.2), and length of hospital stay (p = 0.5). Conclusions The reduced operative time using LigaSure translates into less exposure to general anesthesia, which is particularly important for patients with myasthenia and potentially reducing cost.
- The Thoracic and cardiovascular surgeon.Thorac Cardiovasc Surg.2013 Dec 2. [Epub ahead of print]
- Objective To valuate if the LigaSure (Valleylab, Boulder, Colorado, United States) vessel-sealing system could reduce operative time, intraoperative blood loss, drainage duration, and hospital stay in patients with anterior mediastinal mass undergoing open resection. Methods Forty consecutive pa
- PMID 24297636
- Markers of malnutrition after intestinal transplantation: the role of IGF-1 and calprotectin
- Vrakas Georgios,O'Connor Marion,Matsou Artemis,Macedo Arantes Rubens,Friend Peter,Reddy Srikanth,Vaidya Anil
- Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition 56(1), 64-65, 2015
- … The objective of this study is to valuate two biomarkers that may guide nutritional assessment during follow up after intestinal transplantation. …
- NAID 130004879362
- 安藤 元一,小川 博,佐々木 剛 [他],大岩 幸太
- 東京農業大学農学集報 59(2), 150-156, 2014-09-19
- イノシシ肉とブタ肉の味について,大学生を対象とした官能検査を行った。両者を焼き肉の形で比較したところ,柔らかさではブタが,香りではイノシシが勝っていた。イノシシ肉各部位(ロース,バラ,モモ)間に有意な味の差は見られなかったが,夏肉の評価は冬肉よりも有意に低かった。ブタ肉価格を100としたときに,回答者が妥当と思うイノシシ肉の価格は平均112-138,中央位100-120,最頻値80-100の範囲に …
- NAID 110009838671
- 杉山 健太郎,石澤 瞳,中村 友利恵,恩田 健二,田中 祥子,平野 俊彦
- Organ Biology 21(2), 265-270, 2014
- … Thus, our present data valuate further study for the efficacies of valinomycin, azithromycin, and nigericin as immunosuppressive agents. …
- NAID 130004715816
- Maybe you only like dot coms or don't want to valuate any names with hyphens? This is why we now offer you the option to set your own filter preferences: Extensions (...,...): Length: Hyphens: No Digits: No My domains of ...
- valuateとは。意味や和訳。[動](他)((米))…を評価する, 査定する, 見積もるHe valuated the land at ＄10,000.その土地を1万ドルと踏んだ.[VALUATIONからの逆成] - goo辞書は国語、英和、和英、中国語、百科事典等からまとめて探せる ...