- carotid sinus syncope、convulsive syncope、drop attack、fainting、postural syncope、presyncope、syncopal episode、syncope、tussive syncope
- (phonology) the loss of sounds from within a word (as in `focsle for `forecastle' (同)syncopation
- the discharge of urine (同)urination
- 語中音消失(never→ne'erのように語中の音が消えて短縮されること) / (脳貧血などによる)失神,気絶 / (音楽で)切分,区分法
Micturition syncope or post-micturition syncope is the name given to the human phenomenon of fainting shortly after or during urination. It is a type of vasovagal response.
People often become pale, nauseated, sweaty and weak before they lose consciousness. Sometimes even defecating, coughing, or severe vomiting may cause fainting in a similar way.
- 1 Epidemiology
- 2 Causes
- 3 Treatment
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Responsible for 2.4 to 8.4 percent of all cases of fainting in adults, it most commonly occurs in males. The events often occur at night or after awaking.
When one strains to increase the flow of urine, it stimulates the vagus nerve (usually more pronounced in elderly men with large prostates). The vagus nerve stimulus causes slowing down of the heart (bradycardia) and a drop in blood pressure. The heart cannot perform effectively as a pump because insufficient blood comes to it. It is classically associated with a very rare tumor known as a paraprostatic pheochromocytoma within the urinary bladder.
There is no specific treatment for micturition syncope. General advice to men with micturition syncope includes:
- to sit while urinating
- to sit on the edge of the bed for a while before getting up and going to the toilet
- to avoid urinating while sleepy
- to urinate before sleep
- ^ http://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/83563
- ^ http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/micturition-syncope/AN01608
- Micturition Syncope - Patient Plus
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Impaired ion channel function related to a common KCNQ1 mutation - Implications for risk stratification in long QT syndrome 1.
- Aidery P, Kisselbach J, Schweizer PA, Becker R, Katus HA, Thomas D.SourceDepartment of Cardiology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 410, D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany.
- Gene.Gene.2012 Dec 10;511(1):26-33. doi: 10.1016/j.gene.2012.09.041. Epub 2012 Sep 19.
- Long QT syndrome (LQTS) 1 is the most common type of inherited LQTS and is linked to mutations in the KCNQ1 gene. We identified a KCNQ1 missense mutation, KCNQ1 G325R, in an asymptomatic patient presenting with significant QT prolongation (QTc, 448-600ms). Prior clinical reports revealed phenotypic
- PMID 23000022
- Dizziness, vertigo, and presyncope: What's the difference?
- Saccomano SJ.SourceScott J. Saccomano is an assistant professor at the Herbert H Lehman College, Department of Nursing in Bronx, NY.
- The Nurse practitioner.Nurse Pract.2012 Dec 10;37(12):46-52. doi: 10.1097/01.NPR.0000422206.92550.5b.
- ABSTRACT: Dizziness is a general term used to express subjective patient complaints related to changes in sensation, movement, perception, or consciousness. There are four types of dizziness: vertigo, disequilibrium, presyncope/syncope, and dizziness as a result of psychological disturbances. Differ
- PMID 23165136
- 症例報告 分娩後初回歩行時に起こった排尿失神の2例
- Clinical Characteristics of Defecation Syncope Compared With Micturition Syncope
- KOMATSU Kaoru,SUMIYOSHI Masataka,ABE Haruhiko,KOHNO Ritsuko,HAYASHI Hidemori,SEKITA Gaku,TOKANO Takashi,NAKAZATO Yuji,DAIDA Hiroyuki
- Circulation journal : official journal of the Japanese Circulation Society 74(2), 307-311, 2010-01-25
- … Background: Defecation syncope (DS) and micturition syncope (MS) are daily excretion-related syndromes that are both classified as situational. … The diurnal distribution of syncope differed (P=0.0054): 88% of MS episodes occurred between 6 pm and 6 am, whereas DS occurred almost equally throughout the 24 h. …
- NAID 10025942501
- Syncope results from a reduction of cerebral blood flow. There are many triggers for syncope , eg coughing and defecation. Micturition syncope occurs when... ... Aetiology Micturition syncope is a neurally mediated syncope, one of a ...
- Fainting during or immediately after urination (micturition syncope) is a rare occurrence in healthy individuals. ... Last week, my husband fainted while urinating. His doctor said he might have micturition syncope. What causes this ...
- carotid sinus syncope、convulsive syncope、drop attack、faint、fainting、micturition syncope、postural syncope、presyncope、syncope、tussive syncope
- convulsive syncope、drop attack、fainting、micturition syncope、postural syncope、presyncope、syncopal episode、syncope、tussive syncope
- carotid sinus syncope、convulsive syncope、drop attack、fainting、micturition syncope、presyncope、syncopal episode、syncope、tussive syncope
- carotid sinus syncope、drop attack、fainting、micturition syncope、postural syncope、presyncope、syncopal episode、syncope、tussive syncope
- micturition syncope
- mict- mingo to make water