- a fibrous band of scar tissue that binds together normally separate anatomical structures
- abnormal union of bodily tissues; most common in the abdomen
- pierce with a thrust using a pointed instrument; "he stuck the cloth with the needle"
- a small thin branch of a tree
- a lever used by a pilot to control the ailerons and elevators of an airplane (同)control_stick, joystick
- a long implement (usually made of wood) that is shaped so that hockey or polo players can hit a puck or ball
- a long thin implement resembling a length of wood; "cinnamon sticks"; "a stick of dynamite"
- an implement consisting of a length of wood; "he collected dry sticks for a campfire"; "the kid had a candied apple on a stick"
- threat of a penalty; "the policy so far is all stick and no carrot"
- a rectangular quarter pound block of butter or margarine
- saddle with something disagreeable or disadvantageous; "They stuck me with the dinner bill"; "I was stung with a huge tax bill" (同)sting
- be or become fixed; "The door sticks--we will have to plane it"
- cover and decorate with objects that pierce the surface; "stick some feathers in the turkey before you serve it"
- endure; "The label stuck to her for the rest of her life"
- fasten into place by fixing an end or point into something; "stick the corner of the sheet under the mattress"
- fasten with an adhesive material like glue; "stick the poster onto the wall"
- fasten with or as with pins or nails; "stick the photo onto the corkboard"
- pierce or penetrate or puncture with something pointed; "He stuck the needle into his finger"
- a mechanical device that prevents a vessel from moving (同)ground tackle
- fix firmly and stably; "anchor the lamppost in concrete" (同)ground
- a television reporter who coordinates a broadcast to which several correspondents contribute (同)anchorman, anchorperson
- a central cohesive source of support and stability; "faith is his anchor"; "the keystone of campaign reform was the ban on soft money"; "he is the linchpin of this firm" (同)mainstay, keystone, backbone, linchpin, lynchpin
- secure a vessel with an anchor; "We anchored at Baltimore" (同)cast anchor, drop anchor
- permanently attached to a substrate; not free to move about; "sessile marine animals and plants"
- attached directly by the base; not having an intervening stalk; "sessile flowers"; "the shell of a sessile barnacle is attached directly to a substrate" (同)stalkless
- tie with a tether; "tether horses"
- (とがったもので)…‘を'『刺す』,突く《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (…に)〈とがったもの〉‘を'『突き刺す』,突き立てる《+『名』+『in』(『into, through』)+『名』》 / (…で…に)…‘を'『刺して留める』,刺す《+『名』+『on』+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (のりなどで…に)…‘を'『はる』,くっける《+『名』+『on』+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / 《話》(…に)…‘を'置く,すえる(put)《+『名』+『on』(『in』)+『名』》 / 《受動態で》〈人・車など〉‘を'『動けなくする』,〈仕事など〉‘を'行き詰まらせる / 《話》〈人〉‘を'困惑させる;〈人〉‘を'だます,‘に'たかる / (…に)『突す刺さる』,刺さっている《+『in』+『名』》 / 『くっついて離れない』,はりつく / 動かなくなる,立往生する
- 『棒』,棒きれ,枝 / (歩行用)『スデッキ』,つえ,警棒 / 棒状(の…)《+『of』+『名』》 / (ホッケーなどで用いる)スティック / (またcontrol stick)(飛行機の)操縦かん / 《話》でくの棒 / 《話》処罰,せっかん / 《複数形で》《the~》《米話》都会から離れた所,へき地.田写
- 『いかり』(錨) / (いかりのような)固定装置 / 頼みの綱 / (またanchorman)リレーの最終走者(泳者),アンカー / 〈船〉'を'いかりで留める,停泊させる / (一般に)(…に)…'を'留める,固定する《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / (…に)〈希望など〉'を'つなぐ《+『名』+『in』(『on』)+『名』》 / 〈船が〉いかりを降ろして停泊する;〈人が〉いかりを降ろして船を停泊させる
- (植物が)無柄(へい)の / (動物が)固着した,定着性の(イソギンチャクなどについていう)
- (動物をつなぐ)綱,鎖 / (能力,財産などの)範囲,限界 / (…に)〈動物〉‘を'つなぎ綱(鎖)でつなぐ《+名+to+名》
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Insight into the binding modes and inhibition mechanisms of adamantyl-based 1,3-disubstituted urea inhibitors in the active site of the human soluble epoxide hydrolase.
- Chen H1, Zhang Y, Ye C, Feng TT, Han JG.
- Journal of biomolecular structure & dynamics.J Biomol Struct Dyn.2014 Aug;32(8):1231-47. doi: 10.1080/07391102.2013.812981. Epub 2013 Jul 1.
- Soluble epoxide hydrolase (sEH) is a promising new target for treating hypertension and inflammation. Considerable efforts have been devoted to develop novel inhibitors. In this study, the binding modes and interaction mechanisms of a series of adamantyl-based 1,3-disubstituted urea inhibitors were
- PMID 23815795
- The relationship between TGFβ, low oxygen and the outgrowth of extravillous trophoblasts from anchoring villi during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Prossler J1, Chen Q2, Chamley L3, James JL4.
- Cytokine.Cytokine.2014 Jul;68(1):9-15. doi: 10.1016/j.cyto.2014.03.001. Epub 2014 Apr 16.
- BACKGROUND: During the first trimester of human pregnancy, specialised placental cells called extravillous trophoblasts (EVTs) grow out from anchoring villi, invade the maternal decidua and remodel the uterine spiral arteries. Inadequate EVT invasion is associated with pregnancy complications includ
- PMID 24787051
- Molecular dynamics simulation of neuropeptide B and neuropeptide W in the dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine membrane bilayer.
- Patra MC1, Maharana J, Pradhan SK, Rath SN.
- Journal of biomolecular structure & dynamics.J Biomol Struct Dyn.2014 Jul;32(7):1118-31. doi: 10.1080/07391102.2013.811699. Epub 2013 Jul 1.
- GPR7 and GPR8 are recently deorphanized G-protein-coupled receptors that are implicated in the regulation of neuroendocrine function, feeding behavior, and energy homeostasis. Neuropeptide B (NPB) and neuropeptide W (NPW) are two membrane-bound hypothalamic peptides, which specifically antagonize GP
- PMID 23815761
- Lactobacillus acidophilus CP23 with weak immunomodulatory activity lacks anchoring structure for surface layer protein
- Yanagihara Sae,Kato Shinji,Ashida Nobuhisa [他]
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 119(5), 521-525, 2015-05
- NAID 40020471343
- Anchoring strength of dual rubbed alignment layers in liquid crystal cells
- Cui Yue,Yang Young-Cheol,Yang Deng-Ke
- Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 54(6), 061701, 2015-04-30
- … We measured the polar and azimuthal anchoring strengths of the alignment layers. … We observed that the rubbing in the second direction significantly changed the azimuthal anchoring direction and strength but not the polar anchoring. … We successfully determined the quartic azimuthal anchoring coefficient. …
- NAID 150000110651
- Dye-sensitized solar cells based on axially ligated phosphorus-phthalocyanine dyes
- Hayat Azwar,Shivashimpi Gururaj,Nishimura Terumi,Fujikawa Naotaka,Ogomi Yuhei,Yamaguchi Yoshihiro,Pandey Shyam,Ma Tingli,Hayase Shuzi
- Appl. Phys. Express 8(4), 047001, 2015-03-04
- … Although the phosphorus-phthalocyanine dyes do not have a conventional anchoring group (–COOH), these dyes could be absorbed on a TiO<inf>2</inf>semiconductor surface. …
- NAID 150000110397
- Anchoring.com offers the best selection of boat anchors, mooring & docking accessories at unbeatable prices. Sailing since 2003. ... All About Anchor and Windlass Chain for Your Boat We'll help you navigate the confusing world of ...
- Anchoring definition, any of various devices dropped by a chain, cable, or rope to the bottom of a body of water for preventing or restricting the motion of a vessel or other floating object, typically having broad, hooklike arms that ...
- (be ～ed)(～に)縛られる)(to)
- sess- 'seated'
- (biology)(of an organism ex. a barnacle)fixed in one place; immnobile
- adhesion, anchor, anchoring, stick, sticking