- a fibrous band of scar tissue that binds together normally separate anatomical structures
- abnormal union of bodily tissues; most common in the abdomen
- pierce with a thrust using a pointed instrument; "he stuck the cloth with the needle"
- a small thin branch of a tree
- a lever used by a pilot to control the ailerons and elevators of an airplane (同)control_stick, joystick
- a long implement (usually made of wood) that is shaped so that hockey or polo players can hit a puck or ball
- a long thin implement resembling a length of wood; "cinnamon sticks"; "a stick of dynamite"
- an implement consisting of a length of wood; "he collected dry sticks for a campfire"; "the kid had a candied apple on a stick"
- threat of a penalty; "the policy so far is all stick and no carrot"
- a rectangular quarter pound block of butter or margarine
- saddle with something disagreeable or disadvantageous; "They stuck me with the dinner bill"; "I was stung with a huge tax bill" (同)sting
- be or become fixed; "The door sticks--we will have to plane it"
- cover and decorate with objects that pierce the surface; "stick some feathers in the turkey before you serve it"
- endure; "The label stuck to her for the rest of her life"
- fasten into place by fixing an end or point into something; "stick the corner of the sheet under the mattress"
- fasten with an adhesive material like glue; "stick the poster onto the wall"
- fasten with or as with pins or nails; "stick the photo onto the corkboard"
- pierce or penetrate or puncture with something pointed; "He stuck the needle into his finger"
- a mechanical device that prevents a vessel from moving (同)ground tackle
- fix firmly and stably; "anchor the lamppost in concrete" (同)ground
- a television reporter who coordinates a broadcast to which several correspondents contribute (同)anchorman, anchorperson
- a central cohesive source of support and stability; "faith is his anchor"; "the keystone of campaign reform was the ban on soft money"; "he is the linchpin of this firm" (同)mainstay, keystone, backbone, linchpin, lynchpin
- secure a vessel with an anchor; "We anchored at Baltimore" (同)cast anchor, drop anchor
- faithful support for a cause or political party or religion; "attachment to a formal agenda"; "adherence to a fat-free diet"; "the adhesion of Seville was decisive" (同)adherence, adhesion
- the act of attaching or affixing something (同)affixation
- a connection that fastens things together (同)bond
- a supplementary part or accessory
- a feeling of affection for a person or an institution (同)fond regard
- a writ authorizing the seizure of property that may be needed for the payment of a judgment in a judicial proceeding
- an increase by natural growth or addition (同)accumulation
- (astronomy) the formation of a celestial object by the effect of gravity pulling together surrounding objects and gases
- (biology) growth by addition as by the adhesion of parts or particles
- (geology) an increase in land resulting from alluvial deposits or waterborne sediment
- (law) an increase in a beneficiarys share in an estate (as when a co-beneficiary dies or fails to meet some condition or rejects the inheritance)
- something contributing to growth or increase; "he scraped away the accretions of paint"; "the central city surrounded by recent accretions"
- cause to be attached
- be attached; be in contact with
- become attached; "The spiders thread attached to the window sill"
- (とがったもので)…‘を'『刺す』,突く《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (…に)〈とがったもの〉‘を'『突き刺す』,突き立てる《+『名』+『in』(『into, through』)+『名』》 / (…で…に)…‘を'『刺して留める』,刺す《+『名』+『on』+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (のりなどで…に)…‘を'『はる』,くっける《+『名』+『on』+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / 《話》(…に)…‘を'置く,すえる(put)《+『名』+『on』(『in』)+『名』》 / 《受動態で》〈人・車など〉‘を'『動けなくする』,〈仕事など〉‘を'行き詰まらせる / 《話》〈人〉‘を'困惑させる;〈人〉‘を'だます,‘に'たかる / (…に)『突す刺さる』,刺さっている《+『in』+『名』》 / 『くっついて離れない』,はりつく / 動かなくなる,立往生する
- 『棒』,棒きれ,枝 / (歩行用)『スデッキ』,つえ,警棒 / 棒状(の…)《+『of』+『名』》 / (ホッケーなどで用いる)スティック / (またcontrol stick)(飛行機の)操縦かん / 《話》でくの棒 / 《話》処罰,せっかん / 《複数形で》《the~》《米話》都会から離れた所,へき地.田写
- 『いかり』(錨) / (いかりのような)固定装置 / 頼みの綱 / (またanchorman)リレーの最終走者(泳者),アンカー / 〈船〉'を'いかりで留める,停泊させる / (一般に)(…に)…'を'留める,固定する《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / (…に)〈希望など〉'を'つなぐ《+『名』+『in』(『on』)+『名』》 / 〈船が〉いかりを降ろして停泊する;〈人が〉いかりを降ろして船を停泊させる
- 〈U〉(…に)付くこと,付着,付属;〈C〉(…の)付属品,付属装置;留め金,締め具《+『to』(『for』)+『名』》 / 〈C〉(人・物・主義・理想などへの)愛着,愛情《+『for』+『名』》 / 〈U〉(法律用語で)逮捕,差し押え
- 〈U〉(付着・添加による)増大 / 〈C〉付加物,添加物
- (…に)…'を'『つける』,『取りつける』,はりつける《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / (…に)…'を'所属させる,付属させる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / (…に)〈サインなど〉'を'添える《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / (…に)〈重要性・意味など〉'を'置く,帰する《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / (法律用語で)…'を'逮捕する;…'を'差し押える / (…に)付着する,所属する(belong)《+『to』+『名』》
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Chlamydial biology and its associated virulence blockers.
- Beeckman DS1, De Puysseleyr L, De Puysseleyr K, Vanrompay D.Author information 1Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, Ghent University , Coupure Links 653, B-9000 Ghent , Belgium.AbstractChlamydiales are obligate intracellular parasites of eukaryotic cells. They can be distinguished from other Gram-negative bacteria through their characteristic developmental cycle, in addition to special biochemical and physical adaptations to subvert the eukaryotic host cell. The host spectrum includes humans and other mammals, fish, birds, reptiles, insects and even amoeba, causing a plethora of diseases. The first part of this review focuses on the specific chlamydial infection biology and metabolism. As resistance to classical antibiotics is emerging among Chlamydiae as well, the second part elaborates on specific compounds and tools to block chlamydial virulence traits, such as adhesion and internalization, Type III secretion and modulation of gene expression.
- Critical reviews in microbiology.Crit Rev Microbiol.2014 Nov;40(4):313-28. doi: 10.3109/1040841X.2012.726210. Epub 2012 Nov 7.
- Chlamydiales are obligate intracellular parasites of eukaryotic cells. They can be distinguished from other Gram-negative bacteria through their characteristic developmental cycle, in addition to special biochemical and physical adaptations to subvert the eukaryotic host cell. The host spectrum incl
- PMID 23134414
- Inhibition of biofilm formation and antibacterial properties of a silver nano-coating on human dentine.
- Besinis A1, De Peralta T, Handy RD.Author information 1School of Biomedical and Biological Sciences, The University of Plymouth , Plymouth PL4 8AA , UK.AbstractThe survival of pathogenic bacteria in the oral cavity depends on their successful adhesion to dental surfaces and their ability to develop into biofilms, known as dental plaque. Bacteria from the dental plaque are responsible for the development of dental caries, gingivitis, periodontitis, stomatitis and peri-implantitis. Certain metal nanoparticles have been suggested for infection control and the management of the oral biofilm. Here, it is shown that application of a silver nano-coating directly on dentine can successfully prevent the biofilm formation on dentine surfaces as well as inhibit bacterial growth in the surrounding media. This silver nano-coating was found to be stable (>98.8%) and to maintain its integrity in biological fluids. Its antibacterial activity was compared to silver nitrate and the widely used clinical antiseptic, chlorhexidine. The bacterial growth and cell viability were quantitatively assessed by measuring the turbidity, proportion of live and dead cells and lactate production. All three bioassays showed that silver nanoparticles and silver nitrate dentine coatings were equally highly bactericidal (>99.5%), while inhibiting bacterial adhesion. However, the latter caused significant dentine discolouration (ΔE* = 50.3). The chlorhexidine coating showed no antibacterial effect. Thus, silver nanoparticles may be a viable alternative to both chlorhexidine and silver nitrate, protecting from dental plaque and secondary caries when applied as a dentine coating, while they may provide the platform for creating anti-biofilm surfaces in medical devices and other biomedical applications.
- Nanotoxicology.Nanotoxicology.2014 Nov;8(7):745-54. doi: 10.3109/17435390.2013.825343. Epub 2013 Aug 7.
- The survival of pathogenic bacteria in the oral cavity depends on their successful adhesion to dental surfaces and their ability to develop into biofilms, known as dental plaque. Bacteria from the dental plaque are responsible for the development of dental caries, gingivitis, periodontitis, stomatit
- PMID 23875717
- Expression of CD11b as an Adhesion Molecule on Neutrophils in Children with Kawasaki Disease.
- Heidari B1, Amin R2, Kashef S3, Alyasin S4, Moghtaderi M5, Aminshahidi M6, Kalani M7.Author information 1Department of Immunology and Allergy, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran. firstname.lastname@example.orgDepartment of Immunology and Allergy, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran and Allergy Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran. Aminr@sums.ac.ir.3Department of Immunology and Allergy, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran and Allergy Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran. email@example.comDepartment of Immunology and Allergy, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran and Allergy Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran. Alyasins@sums.ac.ir.5Allergy Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran. firstname.lastname@example.orgAlborzi Clinical Microbiology Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran. Aminshahidim2008@yahoo.com.7Alborzi Clinical Microbiology Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran. Kalanim@sums.ac.ir.AbstractInflammation of blood vessels is a characteristic feature of Kawasaki disease. Neutrophils play a key role in the inflammatory responses where movement of neutrophils toward the site of inflammation depends on CD11b/CD18 expression as adhesion molecules on these cells. The purpose of this study was to investigate CD11b/CD18 expression in patients with Kawasaki disease upon diagnosis and after treatment.The study included 20 children with Kawasaki disease aged from 3 months to 8 years. Mean fluorescence intensity of CD11b levels on diagnosis and at 1-2 and 6 weeks after intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) therapy was measured in these patients. Level of CD11b was measured in age-matched healthy children and febrile children (each 21) as negative and positive controls, respectively.Mean fluorescence intensity of CD11b in Kawasaki patients was lower than that of the control groups before and after 1-2 weeks of IVIG therapy. There were no significant differences in CD11b in Kawasaki patients either with aneurysm or without aneurysm.The CD11b levels at the diagnosis time and after treatment with IVIG in our patients with Kawasaki were lower than the control groups.
- Iranian journal of allergy, asthma, and immunology.Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol.2014 Aug;13(4):265-70.
- Inflammation of blood vessels is a characteristic feature of Kawasaki disease. Neutrophils play a key role in the inflammatory responses where movement of neutrophils toward the site of inflammation depends on CD11b/CD18 expression as adhesion molecules on these cells. The purpose of this study was
- PMID 24659162
- Integrin-linked kinase plays a key role in the regulation of angiotensin II-induced renal inflammation.
- Alique M1, Civantos E1, Sanchez-Lopez E1, Lavoz C1, Rayego-Mateos S1, Rodrigues-Díez R1, García-Redondo AB1, Egido J2, Ortiz A3, Rodríguez-Puyol D4, Rodríguez-Puyol M5, Ruiz-Ortega M1.Author information 1*Cellular Biology in Renal Diseases Laboratory, IIS-Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Universidad Autónoma Madrid, Madrid, Spain.2†Renal Research Laboratory, IIS-Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Universidad Autónoma Madrid, CIBERDEM, Madrid, Spain.3‡Dialysis Unit, IIS-Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Universidad Autónoma Madrid, Madrid, Spain.4§Nephrology Section, Hospital Universitario Príncipe de Asturias, Alcalá de Henares, Spain.5¶Physiology Department, Universidad de Alcalá, Madrid, Spain.AbstractILK (integrin-linked kinase) is an intracellular serine/threonine kinase involved in cell-matrix interactions. ILK dysregulation has been described in chronic renal disease and modulates podocyte function and fibrosis, whereas data about its role in inflammation are scarce. AngII (angiotensin II) is a pro-inflammatory cytokine that promotes renal inflammation. AngII blockers are renoprotective and down-regulate ILK in experimental kidney disease, but the involvement of ILK in the actions of AngII in the kidney has not been addressed. Therefore we have investigated whether ILK signalling modulates the kidney response to systemic AngII infusion in wild-type and ILK-conditional knockout mice. In wild-type mice, AngII induced an inflammatory response, characterized by infiltration of monocytes/macrophages and lymphocytes, and up-regulation of pro-inflammatory factors (chemokines, adhesion molecules and cytokines). AngII activated several intracellular signalling mechanisms, such as the NF-κB (nuclear factor κB) transcription factor, Akt and production of ROS (reactive oxygen species). All these responses were prevented in AngII-infused ILK-deficient mice. In vitro studies characterized further the mechanisms regulating the inflammatory response modulated by ILK. In cultured tubular epithelial cells ILK blockade, by siRNA, inhibited AngII-induced NF-κB subunit p65 phosphorylation and its nuclear translocation. Moreover, ILK gene silencing prevented NF-κB-related pro-inflammatory gene up-regulation. The results of the present study demonstrate that ILK plays a key role in the regulation of renal inflammation by modulating the canonical NF-κB pathway, and suggest a potential therapeutic target for inflammatory renal diseases.
- Clinical science (London, England : 1979).Clin Sci (Lond).2014 Jul 1;127(1):19-31. doi: 10.1042/CS20130412.
- ILK (integrin-linked kinase) is an intracellular serine/threonine kinase involved in cell-matrix interactions. ILK dysregulation has been described in chronic renal disease and modulates podocyte function and fibrosis, whereas data about its role in inflammation are scarce. AngII (angiotensin II) is
- PMID 24383472
- A Facile and Green Method to Prepare Conductive Carbon-Coated Polymer Microspheres Using Supercritical Carbon Dioxide
- Adhesive Force Improvement of Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)/Epoxy Resin Joint by Electron Beam to PET Prior to Assembly
- 自動車軽量化のための金属樹脂接着 (特集 自動車用最新プラスチック材料)
- 成形加工 = Journal of the Japan Society of Polymer Processing : プラスチック成形加工学会誌 27(11), 452-456, 2015-11
- NAID 40020632068
- 赤外線サーモグラフィによる接着・溶接接合部の非破壊検査 (特集 溶接部検査で活用される製品と技術(2))
- 一般社団法人 日本接着学会のホームページです。学会の活動セミナー情報などの掲載。刊行物のバックナンバー購入できます ... 微粒子設計セミナー－微粒子設計の基礎から応用まで－PartⅠ 微粒子やナノ粒子技術は、界面化学 ...
- 無料日本語辞書で'adhesion'を翻訳してから、他の日本語翻訳をチェック。 ... 新しい英語-日本語翻訳を提案する 世界最大のオンライン辞書を作っていきましょう。日本語で辞書にない砕けた表現や口語表現を知っていますか？
- Severe disease with diffuse and complicated lesions, some of which have coalesced(BPT.350). びまん性かつ複合病変をともなう重度の粥状硬化症。癒合している病変がみられる。
- accretion、adhere、adherence、adherent、adhesion、adhesive property、adhesiveness、adhesives、coalesce、coalescence、coalescent、cohesion、cohesive、cohesiveness、glue、symphysial
- adhesion plaque、desmosomal、desmosome、focal contact
- cell-matrix junction